1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Field of Caddel (Multiverse OC/SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by 4sakN, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Index: Chapter 1
    4sakN

4sakN Know what you're doing yet?

Wow, okay. This is actually kind of intimidating. Not only have I posted very little of what I've actually written, but this will definitely be my first time on a forum, exposing what I've written. I'll try to handle criticism and suggestions gracefully, but maybe take it a little easy on me? Anyway, chapter 1 of The Field of Caddel. It has elements of CYOA, although not explained outright. Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - The Start

The pale moonlight shines down on a man sat under a single bloomed tree. Fields of flower flow down the hill the tree rests on. It would be a beautiful scene, if not for the giant montrousity that lays dead at the bottom of the hill. The keeper of this dream and the last of the Great Ones the man had needed to slaughter to end the long night.

The man released a tired sigh. He was listless now and had been staring at the entity for a day. He knew what was suppose to happen now, but did not have any hope for events playing like they had in the game this world originated from. It had caused him to delay his exit of this deceptive garden.

Everything had been different to what he knew from the video game he once played so long ago. Remove all the game mechanics and balancing and Yharnam becomes one of the most terrifying places to be. Truly a hellscape of a world. It didn't help that he arrived in a body not his own. A body that he immediately noticed that he had a hand in creating. The white hair and red eyes were always features he added to any character customization he played with. It indicated some missing memories, that he has already lost hope of recovering. The upside, and mostly likely the only reason he wasn't insane (debatable), was the small worn book he also arrived with.

The book was his best tool of survival through his long journey to remove the Great Ones precense in the city, to which there was more than you fought in the game. It didn't look like much, but inside basically carried a multiversal store. Any item or skills could be found in the book, to which eased the hunting quite a bit. Now, while it couldn't offer much more power than he had already absorbed from the Great Ones, it did offer a skill that he could finally afford. Multiverse Travel.

This is where he struggled for a decision. He would obviously buy the skill, but he was tired. He wished to rest from all the fighting and death he has suffered from. Rest from the Hunt. The problem being, while he did wish to go back to his family, the only one he really missed was his sister and he didn't think it would be a good idea. Not only in physical appearance, he was altogether a different person now. The peacefulness of modern society and him would not mix well.

Making his peace with not going back to his original world, he finally stood and started to exit. Doll, or as he now called her Elena, stood ever so dutifully just outside the gates as he exited.

"Good Hunter, it seems the hunt was successful."

Instead of answering her, the man closed the distance and brought her softly into his embrace. He could never fully express how grateful he was for her precense, but had taken to giving her all the affection he could give. Elena was the one good thing in this hellhole. Gently kissing her cheek, he finally let go and answered.

"I have, Elena. It's power also runs rampant through me. I'm guessing you forsaw this?" He quirked an eyebrow as he said this. Elena softfully nodded.

"Unlike the other Great Ones, the Moon Precense is set as an inherent part of this world. There must always be a Moon Precense." Left unsaid, but implied being that the man must now take this role. The transformation was easily held at bay for now though.

"And I am loathe to stay..." He lets out a dark chuckle. "I've forsaken this world, Elena. You're the only one left from those I care about." The tone was somber and a plead could be heard in his voice.

Elena seemed hesistant. She was created to be a confidant for the Hunters, but that came with an expection from the world itself. Provide reprieve for the Hunters, so they may in turn do the same for the world. Though, it may not of been from good intentions.

Eventually, though, her composure returned and she finally nodded.

"Yes, I will go with you... Lyle." It was a rare moment of vulnerablilty, even if it couldn't be seen from her face. Lyle, in turn, laughed joyfully while picking her up to spin around.

The spin ended and Elena wrapped her arms around his neck. Their faces inches away. It was a foriegn feeling for her, these feelings of adoration and love. She had counseled and comforted many Hunters since she was built. She didn't believe she would find someone that would do the same for her. Wasn't even aware she had feelings until Lyle dragged them out.

The kiss that followed wasn't passionate or long, but it was a kiss of many untold and repressed feelings. There wasn't a time for things such as love during the long night. The Great Ones presence spreading through the city, inciting bloodlust and rage. It was done now though. They were gone and it was the start of the next adventure for the new couple.

"Mother, I'm going to visit the Caddels!" Sansa Stark yelled to her mother as she tried to beat a hasty exit. Her mother didn't exactly disapprove her visiting them so regularly, but today was also her 17th namesday. She knew there was a lot of things she would need to be present for and hoped she could escape the responsibility. She left before her mother could respond.
    The Caddels were a family that had arrived in Winterfell 3 years ago and the husband of the duo had captured Sansa's attention immediately. Infact, many would say she was infatuated. None could really blame her considering Lyle Caddel was handsome, incredibly so.

Sansa didn't know why her father had let the couple stay in Winterfell proper, even after all these years, but since then she has visited them often. The soft and charming voice of Lyle and the comforting precense of Elena had helped her many times over the years. They also helped drag her out of what she would consider the most embarrassing part of her life. The reason she became infatuated with Lyle in the first place. Her unrealistic ideals of nobles and knights. While Lyle was neither, none could deny he could be from a storybook. She only realized otherwise from his haunted looks when talking of the past.

Shortly arriving at the small two story wooden house of the Caddels, Sansa made to knock only to stop when she heard soft moans and grunting within. A blush quickly rouse on her face, though this wasn't the first time she had an untimely arrival. The Caddels were a really... energetic couple.

Turning around, she decided to wait it out while sitting on the steps to the house.

"It seems Sansa is here." Lyle said while kissing Elena's neck. Sadly, Elena wasn't in a state to reply. He would be ever thankful to his book, 'Sticky Fingers' was too good of a perk to miss.
    He allowed things to speed up and finished quickly. It wouldn't do to keep the young lady waiting.

First he had to get his wife responsive.

The door behind her alerted Sansa to them being finished.

The tall visage of Lyle Caddel came into her view as she turned. He and his wife were the tallest people she had ever met, with the exception of Hador. Lyle himself stood almost at 7 feet tall, with his wife only being a couple inches shorter. Both of the couple also had white/silver hair and if their features weren't so different many would think them siblings. Other than their facial features, the biggest difference between them were their eyes. Lyle had piercing crimson eyes, that would intimidate anyone if not for his demeanor. Elena though, had pale voilet eyes. It caused many to think she had Targaryen blood in her, but the claim they came from Slavers Bay assuaged most. There were indeed many slaves found there that had Dragonlord blood.

"Lady Sansa, here to escape from your mother, I presume?" Lyle asked with a soft smile. Sansa had a massive blush on her face, not only from his words but the disorder of his clothes. Trying to hide her wondering eyes, her eyes swam and she tried to stutter out a response. Lyle just laughed it off before inviting her in. This routine was nothing new, Sansa was fairly easy to embarrass with the smallest show of skin.

Once sat down, they discussed light topics, until
    Lyle's wife finally made her appearance, looking tired and satisfied. She was also pointingly looking at Lyle as she sat next to him.

"It's good to see you, Lady Stark, but I would think you would be with your family on this day." Elena asked once settled, seemingly forgetting her husband's crimes. Sansa looked away. Elena had the same aura as her own mother, the famous motherly aura.

"Yes, well..."

"You don't wish to help prepare the feast." Elena finished for her knowingly. Lyle smiled softly watching the interaction. It was really heartening seeing his wife become better able to understand people and express herself. It was a byproduct of creating her new flesh and blood body many years back. Having exited the dream, it had formed back into the mechanical doll it was originally. Thankfully, the powers he had taken were reality bending in nature, making it easy to make a body for her. One where emotions came easier.

"That and I wanted to know if you both would be there?" Sansa asked, not bothering denying it.

"I'm not sure that is a good idea, Sansa." Lyle answered instead. While their relationship with Lord Stark was mostly good, Catelyn Stark had some issues with them being so close to her two daughters. It didn't help that one had a crush on him. Arya, he had been teaching the sword in secret and he was confident that was not known.

So, quite clearly, the crush was the problem.
    Though, the meetings Lyle has had with Lady Stark have been pleasant, so he knew she didn't have a problem with him personally.

"Please~?" Sansa asked sweetly, batting her eyes. Lyle looked at her dubiously.

"And who taught you that?" Instead of answering, Sansa turned her head his wife's way. Lyle had to process that.

"My wife? Taught you seduction?" Lyle let out a laugh like he didn't believe it. His wife in turn snorted, a sound very unlike her.

"And that's why you can't keep your hands off me." Elena replied to his doubt. He turned to her in surprise, before adopting a gentle smile. He then surprised her by wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in close.

"I suppose my wife is very seductive." He said, drawling her into his lap. Letting out a laugh at both of them blushing, he continued.

"Fine, fine. I guess we'll show up. I do believe you have something you should be doing though, Sansa." He stood up, carrying Elena with him.

"Just like I do."

Sansa sat stunned watching Lyle carry Elena back upstairs. She didn't snap out of it until inappropriate noises started. She left with a heavy blush.

2. Index: Chapter 2
    4sakN

(Author's Note: As you may have noticed, almost all characters are going to be aged up. So I thought I'd put the starting ages here for clarity.

(Ages order: book or TV to the new age assigned)
    Sansa Stark from 11 or 13 to 17
    Arya Stark from 9 or 11 to 15
    Robb Stark from 14 or 16 to 18
    Daenerys Targaryen from 13 or 16 to 18
    Theon Greyjoy from 18 or 16 to 19
    Jon Snow from 14 or 16 to 18
    Joffrey Baratheon from 11 or 16 to 17
    Tommen Baratheon from 6 or 8 to 12
    Myrcella Baratheon from 7 or 10 to 15
    Margaery Tyrell from 14 or 18 to 20

All others will be using their TV show age since it wouldn't make sense for characters such as Eddark Stark to be 34 when having his oldest child be 18. Talk about having kids young. BUT the events will be spaced such as the books, in which there's 2-3 years between events. Ok, Note over. Thank you for reading if you did.)

Chapter 2

Lyle and Elena layed in their bed some three hours after meeting Sansa. It was quiet, but Lyle could tell his wife had something she wished to say.

"What is it?" He asked, cuddling into her.

"It's just... The events you talked about are going to start soon, aren't they?" Elena asked. The peace they had been experiencing had been novel to her, something she didn't want to change. She was even contemplating asking for a child, which would be hard with a war ongoing. But...

"Hmmm..." Lyle hummed softly. "We could go somewhere else. The only worlds I know all have some kind of conflict in them. This one just happens to be relatively low risk to us."

"I know that's why you picked it, but... I've grown attached." Elena has always been soft spoken and had trouble expressing herself, but Lyle could always understand her. It wasn't in the plans, but if his wife didn't want the Starks to die, how could he deny her. He already had his rest, and his blood sings for conflict anyways. He broke the embrace and stood to dress.

"Then, it seems we're on the Hunt again." They shared a smile with a promise of blood.

The preparations for the feast done, Eddard Stark sat in his solar waiting for all the guests to arrive. The ages of 3, 13, and 17 all had a feast to accompany them, making them somewhat special. Three being the confirmation your child would live, Thirteen being the age of fertility, and Seventeen being the age of adulthood.

He wished he could focus solely on his daughter's namesday, but the letter in his hand would not leave his attention. The letter stating Jon Arryn had passed. The man was basically Eddard's surrogate father, raising him since his time in Kings Landing. Eddard just wished he could stop losing people.

It wasn't the only concern though, the letter also pointed to something suspicious with Jon's death and Eddard intended to find out once the King arrived in the North.
    Sighing, he rose, temporarily siding the issue. The King wouldn't arrive for months at this point and it would be no use fretting. He would find his answers though, he would.

The feast was just starting and Sansa stood at the entrance to the Great Hall to welcome and recieve congratulations. She greeted everyone with a smile, but she was truly looking for one face.

When Lyle and Elena finally arrived, Sansa gave her widest smile yet, and everyone around could only release a sigh. Chief among them being Lady Catelyn Stark. She had tried to curb this crush of her daughter, but was having little success. She had thought to restrict her from visiting the Caddels, but knew it would only lead to sneaking out. She liked the Caddels, they have done a lot for the family that would never be known to any other than her husband and her, but her daughter's crush could only lead to heart break. The man was already married for one, and... the request of betrothal her husband has still not deigned to inform their daughter about.

She was against it of course, they were a Warden family and had no need for arranged marriage. She was of the mind to let her children marry for love, an option she didn't have. She loved Ned now, but marrying for alliance had been daunting at the time.

It was the King though, and add in the fact they consider each other brothers, and she knew her husband couldn't refuse.

Rising, she made to greet the Caddels herself. Despite her misgivings, she still favoured them and would give them respect. She didn't need to walk far, the Caddels spotted her and met her halfway.

"Lady Stark, you have outdone yourself." Lyle bowed before making of show of examing all the decorations around the hall. The note of teasing in his voice caused Catelyn to smile. Yes, she did favour them, but she wouldn't fall for his baits. She knew it would lead to him flirting with her. Probably something along the lines of her being the masterpiece of the hall.

"Elena, I hope you've been keeping your husband in line." Catelyn pointingly ignored Lyle.

"I have tried, Lady Stark. I have tried." They shared a smile, they both knowing he did whatever he wanted.

"Yes, while you two gossip about your men, I will go do the same about the women with Lord Stark." Lyle said mock petulantly, causing the women to scoff at him, but not respond. Lyle shrugged, ignored their whispering and made his way to Lord Stark.

"Lord Stark, it's good to see you out from your gloomy chancery."

"Ah, Lyle." Eddard rose to shake Lyle's hand, but before letting go, he closed in to whisper. "There is something I wish to speak to you about after the feast."

Lyle kept his smile, but sersiously nodded.

"Join me, Lyle. Let me introduce you to my Bannermen."

The feast was finally starting to wind down as guests either left or found themselves drunk on the floor. Quite a few of those that drunk into coma were Lord Stark's own bannermen. They didn't all arrive, but the ones that did certainly liked to party.

Lord Stark caught his eyes, signaling the awaited talk. Lyle rose with him. After a short goodbye to his wife, the Stark children, and Lady Stark, they retired to Lord Stark's chancery, or a medievil office.

While Lord Stark sat behind his desk, he handed Lyle a letter with the Kings crest on it. Lyle immediately knew what it was about, though he read it anyway to comfirm the details. Both worlds he has visited so far has had some major changes from the works he knew them from. Thankfully, so far this world he has only noticed changes to ages.

Lord Stark stayed quiet while Lyle read over the letter, giving him the time to digest it. Lyle was basically Eddard's secret weapon to any threats against his family. When the Caddels first arrived at Winterfell, the only reason he had actually talked to them was for concerns of their blood. Considering Jon, he didn't want any rumors of Targaryens in the North. In that private meeting, many things changed, as had things in the following years. Magic. It was real, and the Caddels were practitioners. It was a heavily guarded secret, since Eddard knew what Sevens reaction would be. While the Seven didn't have heavy influence in the North, they had enough.

Since then, the Caddels have offered all the services they could provide, only for the price of refuge. Ofcourse, Eddard was hesistant at first until the Caddels showed exactly what magic could do. The North was doing much better with food production, and while they still had to rely on the Reach, it was marginally better. The enchantments to clothing and accessories have helped reduce injury with the guards and smallfolk, though it was credited it to being artifacts from the Children. There were many other things they have helped with, and he genuinely believed they had a connection to the Old Gods.
    He was right, just not the ones he was thinking.

This all came together to build a trust that was almost unbreakable to the Caddels. It was why he wanted, needed their help. He could feel something brewing, possibly war, possibly something else. He only knew he felt threatened.

"What exactly is it you wish for my help with?" Lyle finally broke the silence. Eddard considered him for a second, feeling guilty despite himself. All the help they have provided, and they only asked for a home. He was a man of honor and usually he wouldn't feel guilty for asking for his men to defend their home, but there's only so much you should ask of your men.

He composed himself, convincing himself it was for his family, though he swore to repay this debt.

"I was hoping for fully enchanted items for my family, and a... divination for Jon Arryn's death." He asked, knowing it was possible from Lyle using such methods to solve many issues over the years. Lyle nodded in response.

"Very well." Eddard noticed Lyle seemed to want to continue, but was hesistant. Eddard motioned for him to continue.

"There are many things I could tell you about what is to happen, and honestly I wasn't planning to get involved. I would of provided help, but not actively pursued changing things. My wife, along with your children, has convinced me the need to participate." Lyle spoke honestly, knowing it could offend Lord Stark. "I'm going to need standing. I could use tourneys and battle, but it would take time--"

"Done." Before Lyle could finish, Eddard interrupted. "It will take some time, but I will try to rush things before the King arrives."

Lyle bowed in gratitude, though slightly regretful. This was building roots in this world. Something that would commit his wife and him to future events. The House of Caddel did sound nice, though.

On the other side of the castle, another serious conversation was taking place. Sansa was crying and Elena was offering quiet support. Lady Stark finally brought up the betrothal.

3. Index: Chapter 3
    4sakN

Chapter 3

Sansa has been pretty despondent since the news from her mother. She sat at the head of her bed with her knees to her chest, thousands of thoughts running through her head. Elena sat at a chair at the side of her bed, holding her hand. Offering the silent support Sansa has come to know her for. Lyle had already left after a long discussion of plans with her father, not that she knew what for. She had to guess the arrival of the King.

Something she was dreading now.

It's not that she never considered how Lyle and her could most likely never work out. She was just content with being in his presence, but it felt like the end to a dream. An end to her delusions, she realized. Elena's hand tightening on hers broke her from a downward spiral. They were both in night gowns, Elena staying the night after seeing how she took the news.

"Lyle and I consider you a close friend... Sansa. If this is something you really don't want, we will free you from it." Elena softly said, distressed and not knowing how to help.

"Free me? Free me how?!" Slight anger leaked into Sansa's tone. "It won't just be Lyle and you I would have to be away from, but my family. From the North itself." She let out a chuckle of self deprecation. "I would have been so happy about this not too long ago. Dreaming of my prince charming." Tears flowed once again, for how naive she's been, for lost dreams and hopes.

"We can and we will free you of this, Sansa. You just have to ask." Sansa gave her full attention now, some hope returning.

"How?" Sansa returned. Elena regarded her for a second.

"This is something you have to swear to keep secret. Your father himself swore it to secrecy." Sansa softly nodded.

"I swear."

Elena stared at her for a second longer, before waving a hand at the blanket at her feet. Then, right before her eyes, the blanket began to change. The threads of cotton became fur, the blanket itself compacted and made muscle and skin. She watched in wonder as her blanket turned into miniature version of a wolf.

Dazed, she picked the small wolf up, it cuddling into her embrace. It felt so real, so alive. She began to softly chuckle, pressing her face into the soft fur in front of her.

"This explains so much." And it really did. All the things the Caddels had done over the years now had an explaination. Old Nans wariness towards them. Healing sickness and injury in matters of days. Fixing the Norths food problem. All those other things they did that seemed magical. It made so much more sense now. It was magic. Then she realized they have been keeping this from her.

"...Why just tell me now?" Sansa asked, but Elena heard the slight hurt.

"Fear for how you would react, your father making us swear not to share it with anyone. There were a number of reasons, but I think the real reason was... Lyle and I, we wanted a simple, peaceful life. This would of changed how you interacted with us. It always does." Sansa lowered her head, considering if she would of treated them differently if she knew. She already adored and worshipped them in a way before, coming to them in her times of doubt and fear. Hopeing they could be the saviors she already saw them as.

"This changes nothing. I still consider you both my heroes." Sansa said with conviction. Elena smiled in return, before it turned somewhat sad.

"I thank you for your faith in us. But we have both done things that a hero would never do. We will do things that a hero would never do." Sansa didn't like the sad expression on Elena's face, so softly pulled her towards her, ending up with them both on the bed cuddled together.

"What would you do to free me, as you said?" Sansa asked as they settled in, neither breaking the embrace.

"I would have to ask Lyle. Not even I know all that he can do and I'm somewhat limited, but nothing would stop him if he has an objective."

"He can do more than turn a blanket to a wolf?" Sansa asked, looking towards the wolf between them, who yawned cutely.

"Lyle is the prince charming." Elena said with a mischievous smile, before turning serious. "Lyle is powerful. So powerful that he can't utilize it in fear of collateral damage." Madness related collateral damage. The avater he uses isn't even his true form, not anymore. Just a remnant of when he was human. What they used now was a purchase from Lyle's book. Harry Potter magic. It's still powerful, but it wouldn't contend with armies.

"Is he from the Age of Heroes?" Sansa asked, having the thought they were older than they looked. Which was true, but not. Elena mysteriously smiled, neither confirming or denying. Sansa turned doubtful, although she had asked the question herself.

"We have seen many things, Sansa. Things that have left us both broken. Gods of terrifying power, beasts that only know to consume, and humans driven by their greed. It is why we wished to rest." Sansa turned sad for a moment, thinking of how she would be dragging them into her troubles if she asked for help.

"Wished?" She asked, alluding to her concern. Elena softly smiled to her.

"We have had enough rest. I believe we would much rather you be alive and happy than otherwise." Elena said, causing a smile to bloom on Sansa's face.

"Thank you." Sansa said emotionally.

"Though, you will have to ask Lyle if you wish to join our bed. I can barely handle him myself, so perhaps the help is needed."

Sansa exploded in embarrassment.

Lyle laid on his bed alone for the first time in ages. He understood why Elena had stayed with Sansa though, so he didn't begrudge it. It did give him time to plan and go over his thoughts.

There were some real concerns now that they have decided to actively move. Such as thoughts of the Gods of this world. They were small time in the grand scheme of things, but could offer trouble if he didn't release his own power. Something he was hesistant to do with how fragile human minds are in it's presence.

While they were somewhat less involved than the last world, they still empower and watch over the world at large. If they recognize him for what he is, it could lead to them being more heavy handed, though it would break some rules. The rules being the only thing keeping this world from being a Gods battlefield, instead of the chess board it currently was. He could only hope that 'Blank' would work against these Gods. A perk that is suppose to hide the users presence from all divination.

He also had to consider how he would help the Starks. There were several avenues. Some which he out right refused, such as mind control. And others he was hesitant to do, such as murdering his way through.

He had to keep his urges in check when considering though. Gaining power from the Great Ones was not without side effects. They may have seemed mindless, but they all held an Authority that they followed. Authorities that still influence him to some degree even now, despite his purchase of the 'Mind Defense' perk.

Not only those Authorities had influence too, a perk he bought over shadowed them. 'Dragon Musk' came with all the impulses you would expect from a dragon. Avaricious greed, pride, and bloodlust influenced him the most. Especially with previously mentioned Authorities compounding it. It was why he decided not to go back to his original world.

Thankfully, his traits that go back from his time as human helped significantly with keeping control. Always question yourself and understand what is behind your emotion. It will lead to overall better decisions and control of yourself.

He still did like the sound of House of Caddel though. King Lyle Caddel appealed to him even more. That could just be the dragon talking.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  4. Gigant

Gigant The Jackal Of Tsagualsa

This looks great and I’m looking forward to more.

5. 4sakN

Have a chapter half written and will probably get another done after work tomorrow. Anyway, thank you for the comment.

Gigant likes this.
  6. Gigant

cool thanks for this

but please don’t over work yourself trying to churn these great pieces of work and stay safe

7. Index: Chapter 4
    4sakN

The next morning found Lyle waking up early to see how one of his many plans would work. He had to be back by noon to share his 'divination' with Lord Stark, but the place he was going was only 20 minutes outside Wintertown. The greenhouses. He had set them up in majority of the territories and they have helped with food quite a bit. They just didn't make the North completely independent on that front. Sadly, space was limited and they took time to build and enchant.

Arriving outside one of them, he took the time to clean his boots before entering. All of the greenhouses were enchanted to stay warm and he didn't want to track water all throughout. Once done, he started the repetitive task of examining each produce for the most magically receptive.

It was actually easier than he thought, not considering how the North was one of the few places left with magic still in the air. It wasn't that he forgot, but most times it's so thin it slips under notice.

Still, he would prefer a more steady source if he wants to have the North operational without him. He was pretty sure planting more wierwoods would help, but didn't want the influence that would come with it. He hadn't met the Children, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to. It may be a bad idea to hold impressions taken from a book, but a race that would resort to necromancy wasn't one he would want to associate with, regardless of reasons. Bloodborne had thoroughly convinced him of that.

After collecting all of the receptive plants, he went through them to find the best to magically modify. It may be easier to just share modern farming techniques, but he didn't have enough experience or knowledge to confidently have that work. Sure, he knew the basics to a crop rotation, but what plants worked best and how to field it was beyond him.

He came to the all mighty potato. It already had a degree of cold resistance and it was genetically blank enough to make his own changes. Ofcourse, he made some changes to others, such as the cabbages and wheat, but knew those still wouldn't be resilient enough to be stable, even with magic. The first crops possibly, but down the line, with him gone, the protections would fade with no initial resistance in the first place. The potato would be the North's food.
    Putting them all in a enchanted bag, Lyle finally started making his way for his meeting with Lord Stark.

A knock signaled the start to a meeting Eddard Stark had been anxiously waiting for throughout the day. In his nerves, he rose riggedly when Lyle entered, but was waved to sit back down.

"You may want to be sitting." Lyle said as he took his own seat, dragging a bag behind him as he went. Eddard only spared it a cursory glance before focusing on Lyle.

"Have you found the cause?" Eddard asked, and though he did want to find Jon Arryn's cause of death, he also wanted the details to what other stuff he may have found. They had talked at length at what Lyle would tell him during this meeting, though it was delayed so Lyle himself could confirm the details. Still, Jon was his first priority.

"He was poisoned. By his own wife, no less." Lyle stated without preamble. Eddard rose sharply, a rage taking hold.

"What?!" Lyle again had to wave him down, but it took longer this time. Once there was peace again, Lyle restarted.

"It wasn't her idea, nor her cunning. Though, she did infact do the deed. I realize that doesn't sooth feelings, but it's an important note to take. Petyr Baelish instructed and supplied this endeavor." Before he could continue, Eddard interrupted again, though calmer.

"Why? I barely remember the man, but I know he fought for my wife's hand and was... Is her friend." Lyle sighed in return, not sure how to explain.

"Baelish is a vengeful and petty man, but is also smart. He knows chaos breeds opportunity. This time though, I believe he was trying to have the Lannisters take blame, though I can't be certain of the motive. Lord Arryn before his death was researching something that could throw the Kingdom in chaos, the main theme of Baelish." Eddard slumped in his chair, fighting a headache.

"How badly?" Eddard asked.

"War of the entire realm, I would guess. A war for the throne." It didn't take long for Eddard to connect the dots at that point.

"The Queen's children are bastards?" Never let it be said Lord Stark was dumb. There were many things that could lead to a war of succession, but he had zeroed in on the correct one. The one that could start a war now, but was unknown. He had considered the Targaryens, but dismissed it with their lack of resources and the spies.

"Correct, but not only." Lyle gave a second to see if Eddard could guess that as well. When he didn't offer an answer, he continued.

"Not only bastards, but something against the South's religion of the Seven. Incest." By this point, Eddard had his palm to his face, fully realizing the implications.

"I will have to collect proof, but I cannot hide this from Robert." Eddard mumbled. "I will also have to find refuge for the children." Eddard didn't wish to see the same scene he had witness when walking into the throne room so long ago. The scene of the brutalized Targaryen children with Robert overlooking them with a smile.

"Dorne may be the place for them. The King could not afford a fight in their deserts and, despite their trade, they tend to not hurt children. That is, if you can accept them being hostages." Lyle supplied his opinion, knowing they couldn't be placed in the North.

"Ok..." Eddard said, not in reply, but the sorting of his thoughts. "Ok... And the other things you wished to tell me?" Lyle made a complicated face to that.

"We could visit this later. Let you digest what I have already told you." This signaled to Eddard that what he just heard was actually mild in comparison.

"No, no. I can not work without the full information." Lyle agreed, but still sighed.

"Very well. The South is the least of your worries and there is little you can do about it. The war will happen, if not about the Queen's bastards, then a ploy from the other Baratheon brothers. Renly has already been in talks with the Tyrells, and Stannis has a Red Priestess whispering in his ear. Or he will, not sure on that one. Anyway, the Others are back." The casualness Lyle said the last part of the information caused Eddard to be slow to process it.

"The Others... I feel you should of led with that." Eddard said in monotone. Lyle shrugged in reply.

"They should be the biggest worry, but we have atleast a decade to prepare for them. They are gathering their army right now. You may want to gather Night Watch reports of the Wildling movements. It should help with determining the timing." Eddard nodded, knowing Lyle was going to speak further. "You may also consider letting the Wildlings that bend the knee pass. They are not trained, but numerous. You would add to your forces and steal from the Other's."

"I don't think that would be possible. There are too many houses in the North that would see me dead or dethroned for that move. The hate runs too deep."

"That, or lead an expedition to thin their numbers before the Other's get to them. Just make sure to burn the bodies. But they will or have a King of Beyond the Wall that should be uniting them. He seems like a reasonable fellow and could make things easier. If not, I will provide your family and you protection regardless of your choice." Eddard nodded in gratitude, though he formed a question he was hesitant to ask.

"Why are you doing this?" It was a simple question, that carried more complexity than it expressed. Eddard knew the Caddels were powerful. They could of gone anywhere, but they came to the North. With this new information, it may have seemed that they came because of it, but since the time that Eddard met them, he had the impression they were tired of fighting. Lyle speaking of wanting to stay out of it yesterday supported this fact, and no matter how much he wanted to believe it was just for their family, he couldn't understand it. Lyle let out a soft chuckle.

"I can see glimpses of the future Lord Stark, why do you think?" Eddard's face set into a frown while he thought deeply. He didn't like the implication he may of been taken advantage of with that statement, but ignored it for the time being. Lyle had been too honest for that to be the truth, or atleast not the whole truth. It would negate the favour he had built with them at this point.

"Is it genuinely for my family?" Eddard finally concluded, though still with doubt. If that was true, how could a man ever repay that. And, most importantly, why?

"It is. Watching the future has side effects, Lord Stark. You see their struggles and what really makes them. Their values and morals. Will they hold true in the face of despair? It's hard to stay disconnected from it." Eddard softly nodded, though doubt was still on his stoic face.

"On another note, I worked on something I talked about yesterday." Lyle said in a not so subtle change of topic.

Rising, Lyle lifted the bag at his side and opened it to show the produce inside. "I have made changes to all of them, though the potatoes will be the real prizes of them. They should support all of the North, provided you spread them to all the current farms and plot for more." Ofcourse, Eddard was ecstatic at this news. His dreams of having the North independent from the Reach a step closer. They overpriced their goods to the North more than anyone, for 'the distance' thy claimed.

"It will be done." Eddard nodded happily.

The discussion was lighter after that, though Lyle didn't share all he could have. He didn't want to overloard the man. He was also still coming to a decision about the claiming of the throne, putting it off until he can talk to his wife.

When the meeting finally ended, Lyle made his way to pick up his wife before completing another objective he had. He was most likely the cause, and it wouldn't do for them to be missing. The Starks needed their direwolves.

8. CmirDarthanna

CmirDarthanna Connoisseur.

I disagree with the notion of HP Magic being incapable of dealing with armies.

Fiend Fyre, Animated Constructs, Transfiguration of the environment, Potions, Memory Spells and Curses could wipe out entire nations.

9. 4sakN

I can see that, but the comparison was what was important. HP magic wouldn't be the better choice for a direct fight, though would be better for scheming and logistics. Enchanting of armor and weapons, ambushing, trapping, etc. Those could bring down an army. I haven't pointed it out in the story so far, but he also doesn't have the full repertoire of the magics. There's a lot of mentions of enchantments, but little else. He walked to the greenhouse if it clues you in. I'll flesh it out more later on, once I actually know what I want to do with it.

Some may have noticed, this story is very much going with the flow. No planning or timeline involved. Hell, haven't even done any research. Just using what I could remember. This might off put some from reading, but I'm enjoying writing it this way more than I have with a planned out story.

10. CmirDarthanna

Transfigure a giant snake and let it loose. Or an Earth Dragon.

Anthony1967 likes this.
  11. 4sakN

I actually like that idea. Didn't actually consider how to use it other than what I saw in the books and movies, so all the magics I have been thinking of have been relatively small scale. It could work well with Dragon Musk

12. CmirDarthanna

Charm or Enchant a Knife with Unbreaking, Sharpness and Flight paired with Animation. Have a hundred or so such knives and watch as an entire army gets shanked to death in seconds. Add Invisibility and Cleaning Charms and they wouldn't know what hit them.

Edit:
    Portkeys/Vanishing Cabinets, Flight, Shrinking and Expansion Charms, Animation, Remote Viewing, Invisibility and Notice Me Not Charms, Unbreaking, Transfiguration.

Magic Drone. Transfigure a tree into a cluster of incendiary bombs add Animation to bombs for targeting. Use Shrinking Charm for ease of delivery and for maximum payload deployment. Portkeys and Vanishing Cabinet for immediate resupply. Expansion for even more cargo space. Invisibility and Notice me Not for maximum stealth. Unbreaking for durability.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  13. Make Believe

Make Believe Nothing

The thing about HP magic is that it requires preparations, we do not have much of a ideia how it works, either.

For army-slaying, others systems may be better, from fuck-you sized lasers to massive battlefield changes

Kudos to the author for the story, will wait to have more chapters before 'watching' tho.

CmirDarthanna likes this.
  14. Anthony1967

Anthony1967 Not too sore, are you?

This is brilliant man! Nice writing!

15. Index: Chapter 5
    4sakN

Tywin Lannister furrowed his brow as he rechecked the infirmation provided. It was only logical to have more attention afforded to the North with the King beginning his journey there. As it is, it would be three to four months before the baffoon arrived, but the already worrying reports caused him to send more spies additionally. It looks like it was right to do so.

"Is this information correct?" He had to ask still, realizing the implications.

"Yes, my Lord. The North aren't known for subterfuge and it was relatively easy to acquire." Tywin nodded, though his attention was still on the report. The North had stopped making purchases of food from the Reach and reduced it from the Riverlands. He could see the Riverlands were only from a sense of loyality, suggesting they somehow produced enough food for the entirety of the North. In a relatively short amount of time.

The report stated this farming expanse only started two months back. An absurdly short amount of time to be making those kind of returns.

"This is ridiculous." Tywin stated, as he waved for his spy to leave.

Once alone, he closed his eyes to puzzle it out.

The North increased their food production with unknown means. They are sending more men to the Night Watch. Men who aren't criminal. They also have had an increase of arms created, though not to a worrying degree.

A war. Most likely with Wildlings. No threat to rebellion now, but could become so. He concluded.

The only reliable fact he could grasp was it was somehow connected with the appointment of a new House. It was around the time all of this started, and Tywin had never heard of Lyle Caddel before. Suggesting that the answers may lay with the man.

In truth, none of this would overly effect House Lannister, despite there being some tension present. So, Tywin could leave it alone and keep his spy precense, but... He really wanted the secret to the food production. Any answer to their drying gold mine was welcome. He wouldn't see his house broke in his lifetime, but other avenues needed to be persued if he wished for it not to happen in future generations.

"Why couldn't I have competent children?" He grumbled.

The past months have been busy for the North, Lyle most of all. It started with the calling of the bannermen so they could witness his oaths. In which, Lord Stark and he had to spend the week before gaining acceptance for the ceremony itself. An arduous task considering Lyle was the prime example of rags to riches. Thankfully, while the Northerners are tough people, they aren't politically inclined. Which meant there were issues, just not ploys. Concerns for loyality most of all.

The go to solution for Houses was arranged marriage. Lyle wasn't an unmarried man, but was being treated as such for simple reasons. They weren't married by customs of the Old Gods, and Elena wasn't being promoted with him. There was no precedent for a 'smallfolk' woman being granted Nobility, though there wasn't much precedence from how Lyle gained his title either. He had no wealth, military achievement, or power to justify his appointment.

This is where majority of his problems would stem from. If his power and loyality weren't in question, it could of been resolved by remarring her. Sadly, it was taken out of Lord Stark's and Lyle's hands.

"Since this is a decision of Lord Stark, perhaps he should make the ties necessary?" Lord Bolton had said. Lord Stark had little he could do when this idea gained favour. So, his ceremony wasn't only for a title, but an annoucement of betrothal. To the 15 year old Arya Stark. Atleast, he got his very own castle, Moat Cailin. (Yay?)

Lyle had little experience with politics, so had no expectations to having to remarry. Lord Stark had explained, after the ceremony, that he had had a plan. But it would of required time and Lord Bolton had interfered with it. It did little to appease Lyle's anger.

The plan was simple, and would of been what Lyle would be doing regardless of the ceremony. Traveling the lands and setting up enchanted farms in their territories. This would of hopefully been enough justification when they saw the returns. The bannermen were right, they had been hasty. Not without reason though, war was on the horizon and having time to establish the House was important.

So, after gifting the Stark children with direwolves (he was able to find the original batch), Lyle and Elena set off across the North. Not only did he help build the farms, but he helped the men being sent to the Wall with their equipment. This showed Lord Stark's plan would of worked, because he gained favorability rather quickly. Thankfully, it was only a betrothal. It could be broken or changed. Elena had to point this out to him.

All the movement had caused Lyle to make a new purchase from his book. Apparation. It dwindled his already relatively low amount of points, but was well worth it. The only way he knew how to reliably gain points back though, was killing, and this world hasn't offered many opportunities for that. Yet.

It made him somewhat more excited for the war.

Elena also had to point out he could hunt bandits after seeing his creepy smile.

16. CmirDarthanna

Pair it with Invisibility, Muffling, Flight and Notice me Not for maximum stealth.

17. Index: Chapter 6
    4sakN

The traveling and task, while repetitive, allowed Lyle and Elena to actually talk. Ofcourse, the first topic of discussion was the betrothal. Lyle expected atleast some anger from Elena. He forgot she came from a backwards society herself. It wasn't an insult to her, but now that it was pointed out, it was obvious she wouldn't have the same ideals as him. Mistresses and concubines were common where she was created. Even multiple wives and husbands.

She was created as a replacement of lost affection and the man, Gehrman, realizing she wasn't the same person, ignored her. He had met Lady Maria, and he can confirm they were entirely different people. Lady Maria would never be as subservient as Elena for one. She was a harder woman all around, Lyle would say too hard. But he still regretted putting her down. If only for the missed chance of having Elena and her connect. Elena deserved another source of affection from someone other than him. The Queen Annalise was the only other option and he wouldn't let Elena anywhere near that woman. She wasn't a bad person per se, but had troublesome ideals of blood and family. It would of lead to a fight, most likely because Elena was a 'fake'. She was the last of her kind and seemed amiable to expanding through blood transfer, but Elena had her appearance with no Vileblood. And no chance to take the transfer. It would of been an insult to her, as unreasonable as that was. He still did like the woman.

"It's fine, Lyle. You're the one I love, and as long as I have yours, I'm happy." It was a sweet sentiment, but he still held regret. Regret for not saving more. For not having the power to change things until it was too late. Elena distracted him with lighter topics after.

They still needed House words, or as he would call it, a slogan. This was the reason he chose the last name of Caddel. It held many meanings, but the one he leaned towards was 'the spirit of battle' or just 'battle'. As on the nose as it was, it simplified the direction to go. They eventually decided on 'Sing to our Victory'. Again, on the nose, but would be fun for a chant.

Next, was the sigil. Considering almost all animals have been taken, it would require a little imagination on their part. Maybe because Queen Annalise was on the mind, they settled for the Cainhurst Vileblood's sigil. It looked like a rune and wasn't an animal, but it held meaning for the both of them, even if it was only sentimental for Lyle. It did bring an epiphany. Multiverse Travel contains the power to choose the time to enter.

"Elena... We could bring them here." Lyle said softly. Elena didn't exactly know who he was talking about, but could guess. Lyle struggled with the guilt of letting many die in Yharnam, placing a responsibility on his shoulder that wasn't his the bare. She has tried to relieve him of it, but it would be a long process. For the both of them. Elena had her own scars also.

"The people of Yharnam?" Lyle nodded, his melancholy turning to excitement.

"I can't go before what would be considered the start of the 'game', but there are many I could save. Gascoigne, his daughter... Viola may be a lost cause... Lady Maria and Queen Annalise, you could have family... Though, I'd have to reason with the Queen, you have a body now. She shouldn't be too demanding. I could save Iosefka and her sister from madness. And Eileen from her duty. So many-"

Elena had to interrupt his rambling, noticing tears had started to fall. She brought him into his embrace, holding tight. Truthfully, she didn't want him to. The damage the place had done to her husband, and her, is irreparable. They were perpetually broken now, and it would affect them for their entire lives.

"I will support you if you truly wish to do this, but you need to consider... You can't bring them here with the Great Ones still having influence. It would only cause them to follow. This world doesn't have a chance to combat that. Even with your power, the Great Ones would find a way through." This is why she didn't wish for him to go, but it also offered a chance. A chance to combat their fears and the nightmares that still haunted them. It could be a way of healing. He would have to re-slay the Great Ones, only with power they had no hope of resistanting now.

Lyle wiped his tears, straightening himself out. "You're right. Ofcourse, you're right." He wrapped his own arms around her and placed his head into her neck, calming himself. "I think... This is something I need to do, but I will not drag you back to that hellhole. Time should be frozen when I leave, so you won't have to wait for long... Or at all."

Elena wasn't happy about that decision, but understood. Lyle wouldn't want her in harms way and... She would be a burden, despite how that irritates her.

"Wait for us to arrive at our castle? So they have something to arrive to." Elena weakly suggested. She would support him, but she would be remiss to not give time for the decision to change. Lyle broke the embrace and stood.

"Let's get our task done then."

While Lyle was turned, Elena frowned.

AN: Just consider last chapter and this one, as one. Both are a little to short to be considered their own. Enjoy!

18. Threadmarks: Background Info
    4sakN

I have to do something with the damn book, so I decided to base it around Waifu Catalog. With liberties. It's probably a good idea to get it out of the way now, before I'm too far in. So, without further ado, a list for organization.

Tier 9 World Bloodborne.
    1545 Points.

Drop in. (0)
    No Bindings (0)

Sticky Fingers, mentioned before (-5) 1540

Siren's Song, kind of implied (-100) 1440

Dragon Heart and Scale (-200) 1240
    Everlasting Talent
    Body Talent
    Wild Talent
    Soul Talent
    Body Defense
    Wild Defense

Martial Talent (-5) 1235

Mind Defence, mentioned previously (-15, -10) 1210

Talent Sharing (HP Enchantments, Transfiguration, Charms, Divination, and Apparation) (-50) 1160

Temporal Calibration, for the aging up (-5) 1155

Fertility Calibration (-2) 1153

Almost forgot Dragon Musk (-200) 953

This is basically all that will be taken from Waifu Catalog. Now are the libiteries taken.

HP Magic (-40 each) -These Category purchases cover spells taught in Hogwarts. For spells such as Patronus, which is a Charm, it would have to be purchased separately.
    Enchantments 913
    Transfiguration 873
    Charms 833
    Divination 793
    Apparation 753

Blank, from different CYAO (-30) 723 - Could of been trace defense, but it's already been mentioned in the story.

Aura Control (-100) 623 -Dragon Musk and Great One induced madness forced me to create this one. Not strong enough to prevent others from harm if he was to actively use his Great One power, but passively fine.

Now to add points for Bloodborne completion. Rule change on the gaining points from captures though. Instead, it will just be points gained from killing and difficulty.

11 normal bosses (+1100) 1723

6 Great Ones, plus 2 not shown in game (+1600) 3323

Normal Enemies (+1000) 4323 - Diminishing returns. Going as low as .01 a point. In contrast, bosses kept at a flat rate. They scaled down in difficulty, instead of up, the more beaten (like eveything else), but just use the excuse they were important for the world.

Oh wow, thats way too many points. Can't have that.

Multiverse Travel (-3000) 1323 -This is unrestricted for the most part, so it would make sense for it to be so expensive.

Because of his power, any kills Lyle gains from Game of Thrones will be incredibly low point value. So don't expect any big changes til they move worlds. This somewhat negates what I said in Chapter 5, but a war with a million people worth .01 a point, is still quite a bit.

Ok, I can stop stressing about it, until someone points out a massive fuckup on my end.

Canggih, CmirDarthanna and Gigant like this.
  19. Gigant

So I was surfing the web and found this picture
    [​IMG]
    don’t know if you wanna do something with it

20. 4sakN

Not sure. Did you have an idea?

21. Gigant

i thinking he could create a order or something like as one: a cover up for all the people that he gonna eventually bring 2: use it to have minions and loyal attack dogs

also this could be Lyle’s and Elena’s war outfits

22. 4sakN

He is an official House and Bannerman now, so it could serve the same objective. Maybe a corps of men for the army? Those outfits appear naval, but close enough to Bloodborne's I could see it working.

Gigant likes this.
  23. Index: Chapter 7
    4sakN

The task didn't actually take all that long, especially with Apparation. And if the bannermen figured out Lyle was doing the impossible and seeming to be at two places at once? Well, it was already in the plans to reveal that secret, to the North atleast. Lyle could understand Lord Stark's trepidation with revealing it, but Lyle planned to use magic to route the Seven from the North anyway. The magical farms would be a give away regardless.

Despite the ease of their task, and achieving it, the mood between the couple remained somber all the way up until they arrived at their lands. They talked. A lot. And it was causing Elena's initial concerns to rise exponentially. Lyle, before even arriving at Bloodborne, had a problem with survivors guilt. Combining it with already low self worth, in spite of his power and improved body, and it was a dangerous combination to have. Elena was desperate to, if not change his mind, have him in a better mindset before he left. Leading to several arguments already.

The state of the castle and town they arrived to, soured already bad moods. There was never a line crossed, just not being high anger people and understanding it was coming from worry and concern, but it boiled to a point Lyle knew he would regret. He didn't leave without a goodbye, not willing to double down on what was already most likely a bad decision. He wasn't an idiot. He knew he still wouldn't beable to save them all. While not knowing all of them, he knew them enough and a decent amount wouldn't leave. They wouldn't understand that even if he defeated all of the beasts and entities that roamed, their world was still doomed. You don't call upon Great Ones, give them influence, and expect to be rid of them. They're practically immortal, even when defeated and stripped of power. They'll rise again, even if it takes centuries.

Elena sat on the bed, looking at Lyle suspiciously. It was for a 'serious' talk, but the look in Lyle's eyes gave him away. The ruined walls around them painted an already dark picture, darker. Lyle glanced around, seemingly not in a hurry to talk.

There was hesitance, but Elena was happy to let him wallow. There wasn't a doubt to what Lyle decided, now it just needed to be said. She wasn't fully against him going in the first place, she just didn't think it should be now. Some of the things Lyle has said in the past week, made her firmly believe he needed to confront and heal before doing this.

She just wished she noticed sooner. Lyle hasn't been talking about saving just Yharnam, no, it seemed like her requesting him to save the Starks had opened something. Something that poured out when he realized exactly what he could do with Multiverse Travel. It would seem contrast to his 'wanting to rest' but despite that, he's helped the Starks everytime they asked in the past three years. It was a defeatist attitude born from losing too many, the 'wanting to rest'. An excuse not to get close.

The last three years have been a long honeymoon, an exploration of feelings of adoration and love. Of actually making friends and understanding what it means to be a person. A human. Elena was feeling selfish and dumb now. And worried, most prominent of all.

Actually looking now, at the feelings hidden. There was a self loathing so deep, it was frightening. Not only from what he had to do and what he lost, but what he became. Both literal and figuratively. She didn't even take into account how it would feel to turn into one of the monsters that tormented all of the inhabitants of Yharnam, including him and her. Didn't account for the emotions being forced upon him from intaking their power. The Lyle she first met, to now didn't seem all that different outside. If anything, she now knew he could keep it hidden. Until it came crashing down like now. Attempting to do something that would possibly hurt more.

"I love you." Elena said with a fragile smile, beating him to breaking the silence. "It won't change, no matter what you do or become."

Lyle blinked at her slowly, seemingly processing what was said, before a bright smile took to his face. The embrace that followed was desperate as it was gentle.

"I know I'm an idiot, and I agree I should probably wait..."
    Lyle spoke into her ear, raising some hope. She quickly squashed it, knowing how stubborn Lyle is. "But... This will eat me if I don't go now." Lyle seperated, but kept his hands on her shoulders. They stayed staring into each others eyes.

"I know you're worried, but I have more willpower than you know. Plus..." A teasing smile formed. "I love you too and with such a beauty waiting for me, how could I let myself fall to despair. Anytime something becomes hard, I will recall your smile." His hands started roaming as he spoke. "Your breasts... Your ass... Your moans..."

His leaving was delayed.

AN: Oof, rereading the previous chapters has been tough. Mostly because they're rough. It seems like my writing style is all over the place and it's been difficult to stay in the same mindset after work everyday. I apologize if it's jarring and hopefully I'll find the time to just go back and rewrite most of it. Keep to plotpoints I've liked and trash some things that have bothered me. Also noticed reading other stories can affect mine, and not in an obvious ways. Thankfully, this wasn't meant to be serious, so we'll continue onwards, ignoring the problems for now.

24. Threadmarks: Announcement
    4sakN

25. Mastersgt

Mastersgt Experienced.

Two things, Variety, and Redundancy.
    MC should absolutely be getting more and varied abilities. Especially ones that he knows he needs.
    Blank(has), Blindspot, Man of Mystery, Shattered Limiter, Power Manipulation(worm v.1), Shaper(worm v.1), Soul Defense, Uncontrollable Mind, Incorruptible Mind, Essense of Self, Essence of Ideal Self (if MC wants to be something other than he is), Essence of the Breeder, Essence of the Binder, Essence of the Archmage, Essence of the Sorcerer Lord, Essence of the Master Magician, Essence of the Primordial, Essence of the Shinobi, of the Warlord, Fleet Admiral, Admiral, Assassin, Essence of the Sweet Home, Essence of the Unlimited, Essence of the Blank(nothing to do with divination), Essence of the planeswalker, of The Builder. Tons of stuff.
    I'd get MC not being able to easily afford most of it. But that's what killing(farming) old ones is for... blank only cost 30. So Blindspot, Man of Mystery, trace/destiny defense, should be cheap. (the bio page does not show having bought trace defense)
    Maybe he could even afford a shattered limiter.

I know I may not speak for everyone. But I personally am not suuper interested in the Yharnam story. Like, I get that some girls from there could be hot. But just not really into the drawn out story for the place as compared to reading more adventures in planetos. also seems a dumb idea to try and save them unless he can casually one-shot an old one. Since they are the ones to call them to yharnam.