1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. henrywade

henrywade Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I like to play survival horror games like outlast, the long dark and resident evil 7. I am currently playing The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival guides in this game. I want to share those tips which I gathered from my personal experience to remain alive in the game.
    1 Navigation is the key in the long dark game.
    2 Manage the resources.
    3 Set up Camp and be efficient.
    4 Prioritize tasks.
    These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

3. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

4. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

5. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be getting a big/notable update. Does anyone know what the 'Fixed minor audio issues' bit is about at the end on the thing on Steam?

6. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

It was just a bugfix for a couple things I think. Also, I didn't know you could play as Bloodless before and now I do, so that's neat.

Not a drinker myself but, I figure Bud Light making a console for a lark/charity might be good for a chuckle.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/b...console-and-it-looks-incredible/1100-6484555/

Velk likes this.
  7. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

It was with the most recent update actually.

Melmar likes this.
  8. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

As a reminder, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is out today.

9. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Not going to buy it right now myself. Going to wait and see if they are going to sell muiltiple versions of the same game or just season pass everything for 60 bucks.

Need to watch out on that.

-edit-

I liked the streamlined approached compared to hyrule warriors one though. They really made combat better.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  10. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Indeed. The first Hyrule Warriors had a lot more content once they republished it on the Switch. The same thing might happen with this game.

11. OverReactionGuy

The switch version got all the DLC on it. Don't know what else.

Did the other versions have the super mega chicken terrorizing things?

12. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

In the giant battle mode? That was part of one of the final updates (possibly as DLC) for the Wii U version. I think that mode didn't appear in Legends for performance reasons, but did return for Definitive Edition.

13. OverReactionGuy

Yeah, I believe so.

14. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

On the one hand, my mom bought it so I'm getting it free. On the other, she bought it as a Christmas gift, which mean the wait is gonna be painful. :V

15. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

Played it through in one day. Thoughts:

The Good:

Combat is streamlined.

There is a shit ton to do that's streamlined from HW1.

Characters feel distinct, unique, and play differently, which at least has to be stated as a positive.

Egg is Best Boi.

The bad:

Game is a bit unoptimized at some places and the Switch struggles with it. I had mine docked at these points.

The story can possibly turn people off a little. I enjoyed it, but I can see why others wouldn't.

Few characters, and some feel awkward to play (Hestu, for example).

Honestly, I liked the time travel bit to explain how both BotW and this can be canon while the Champions survived here. We've already seen time break from Ocarina, and it may be that BotW's sequel explains this and maybe features 'undoing the past' from that angle to form a solid trinity of games.

Standing alone, though, I was rather happy to see it wasn't a tragic, sad ending. Also Riju and Urbosa were adorable, even if their time together was kinda awkward because of the script. Yunobo even grew a little more spine!

That said, I can see why people would dislike it. But Nintendo shies away from bad endings, so I can understand why they took this route.

Overall, I'd give the game an 8-8.5 out of ten. Story could be polished up more to remove the awkward, the resource economy is kinda weird and a bit clunky, gameplay needs a few optimizations here and there, and some characters are a bit awkward at times.

That all said, it's a hail-Mary game that was barely announced and it's genuinely really good. I like it.

16. OverReactionGuy

Warriors games are my bread and butter. The only reason why I didn't preorder it is because of their common money making schemes.

I rather purchase the complete version of the game than purchase the game and then another version of the game later.

Though odds are I'll get the game as a birthday present or something. Thus not have to actually pay for the game myself and I can still buy the complete edition on my own time.

Or the season pass that it's likely going to get.

17. Hunter 1

No hints of a season pass so far, so I'm actually wondering if it will happen; after all, Warriors games typically aren't this subtle about that sort of thing.

18. OverReactionGuy

They said the pot and ladle thing would be monetized later when you can currently get it for free by having breath of the wild save data.

But games always say that preorder bonus's and stuff would be monetized later and never actually show up again.

Like that one dress Raiza gets with the preorder for the delix digital edition.

-edit-

Also, DLC wouldn't be the first for the series considering hyrule warriors 1.

19. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

It may not happen now, but it will happen later. There has recently been a trend of devs adding in microtransactions later. Usually half a year or more after the initial release. This way they can get some good reviews early on because some people would downvote a game because they have microtransactions before adding them in months later when the attention is drawn away to something else.

20. OverReactionGuy

Tends to piss people off even worse.

UnthinkingWisdom and wayne82444 like this.
  21. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

so the BloodRayne games have got some pretty decent reviews on steam, anyone knows if they are in fact decent? I remember watching my dad play them when I was a kid so I wouldn't mind going down a trip to nostalgia lane.

22. OverReactionGuy

Can't remember, been ages since I played them and I don't have them anymore.

But the ones on Gog and steam probably have more content than back then, like directors cut or whatever.

23. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

yeah, they're remastered or something like that. widescreen support, some clean up on cutscenes that sort of stuff

24. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

The Lucky Ladle is for pre-ordering the digital release. Having BotW save data gives you a wooden Training Sword (with a 'chance to auto-guard' passive on it).

Also, IIRC they said that it might be monetized later as DLC. I don't think they explicitly confirmed that they will.

25. Hunter 1

So, a genuinely new, not a port or remake TWETY game has been announced for next summer (to which everyone's response is "took them long enough").

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  26. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

What's that?

Velk likes this.
  27. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

I think he might mean The World Ends With You, and just messed up the acronym.

28. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Could have at least posted the trailer....

They're keeping the tradition of having one female main character in the group, huh?

:V

29. Hunter 1

...I did typo the acronym, didn't I?

Although I'll take some comfort in the fact that I was close enough that people could figure out what I meant despite the typo.

Velk likes this.
  30. OverReactionGuy

Kinda wonder why the reapers game is still taking place.

Wasn't that ended in the last one when god aka the composer played a game with one of his reapers or was what was stopped was the composer destroying humanity or something. I can't remember.

-edit-

Something about Neku being the chosen one or whatever as well. And showing growth as a person.