1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost novel.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ahtu, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Ahtu

Ahtu The Perma Thread Muted(in practice).

So there was this novel on fanfiction, about a SI that got mangled up with the soul of Tom Dolder in the Diary, even as it was consuming Ginny to return to life. It was a gamer fic(mostly in the original "The Gamer" style), that showed the % he was at, and he chooses to go through with it. Because he doesn't want to risk being killed, because he's seen as the dark lord - While having basically no power to defend himself.

So at any rate, I can't find this novel anymore. I've tried to search my history, I've tried several search across various search engines, searched the site, searched here - Nothing. So now, at the end of my rope, I am gonna check the forums like this for someone that might know. Because ppl like we tend to(as a group), have read most everything. And usually a few others might know what you're talking about.

Help!

Oki wtf, nvm. This time I recheck the forums here, and lo and behold - It's among the first in the list. Under a new name it seems, but clearly the same story.

2. SailorOfMyVessel

SailorOfMyVessel Writer of plot, with some Plot for pleasure.

Okay, but what is the story and can we have a link? :p

3. Tsee

Tsee Banned from Space Battles

[​IMG]

Now, I don't feel that strongly, but Ahtu, if you're going to tell us a story is awesome and available, then put up a link.

4. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Yes link it or give us the name

5. Ahtu

SailorOfMyVessel likes this.
  6. SailorOfMyVessel

Well, it was okay and an interesting concept.

I've always had a weak spot for girl-who-lived stories, so cheers!

Ahtu likes this.
  7. Ahtu

It's just a pity it just reaches into becoming that, and then just stops.

Do you happen to know any other good SI's into a young Tom Riddle?

It's basically hitting the jackpot. Stops the dark lord story in its tracks, and gives you the power of the most talented young wizard in recent history. Not to mention a pretty solid body(I mean he looks like an idyllic model for a male human body).

SailorOfMyVessel likes this.
  8. SailorOfMyVessel

I unfortunately don't. In fact, 'Tom Survives The Chamber Of Secrets' appears to be almost non existent in general(let alone SIs) , which is interesting.

Do so few people want to sacrifice Ginny? Hmmm

9. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Considering the mass amount of hatred for her I doubt that's it I think the idea just didn't catch on.

10. Ahtu

To be clear, I don't need it to happen then and there, as interesting as that might be. I just want a SI into a teenage Tom Dolder. If that be through the diary or into him as a teenager back in the day - I don't really care. Both means situations to handle. Depending on what stage of his teens he is in, the difficulty of changing course could vary greatly. For example, if it's after creating his Horocrux, then you have that splintered soul scenario to deal with. Or his circle of "friends", or Dumbledore's scrutiny.

All in all, it could either be VERY easy. Or VERY hard. But no matter what, there's a lot you can change.

I love when SI's are put into pivotal and precarious spot. The story is filled with both obstacles, and opportunity. As well as foresight to deal with.

11. Ahtu

I never quite grasped that... Sure I could see some reasons to be a bit annoyed/disappointed with her. But not much reason to outright hate her.

I can get those who hate Dumbledore(though not those who exaggerate his flaws out of proportions, or ascribe him new ones constantly). But Ginny did not do anything nearly so crazy.

She's a tad bratty, mistreated Luna a little bit out of either exasperation, or fear. Possibly both. And she took Hermione's rather shitty, and(for its purpose) vaguely disgusting advice(ofc, if Hermione merely meant to help her move on, that would have been something else). So all in all, not flawless. But nothing crazy.

Kulingile likes this.
  12. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

It's the scene at the end half blood prince were she said Harry wouldn't be happy if he wasn't chasing Voldemort and that's why she likes him so much, it basically ruined her character for alot of fans.

Purplepurple and Burner Account like this.
  13. Ahtu

So... They hate her for liking him, because his happiness relies on him trying to set things right?

I mean... Is it really that bad to like someone because they want to right wrongs?

I am not saying there isn't something slightly flawed with that, but cmon? Everyone is flawed, often deely so. This is hardly the worst. It's basically to love someone for their moral compass.

NightmareWarden likes this.
  14. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

It more along the line it comes across has her not understanding Harry because he doesn't want to fight Voldemort he has to fight. And sounds like she saying she likes him because he is hero. Which he doesn't want to be, Basically what said came across a lot differently than what she meant. And made her look horrible to the fandom. It doesn't help that in the next book she kissed Harry saying she doesn't want him to replace her if he comes across a veela Also sounded wrong to the fandom knowing Harry is going into the shit, basically she has the bad luck of everything she said being misconstrued in the absolute worst way.

15. Ahtu

So what you're saying is... Judgemental vindictiveness. Where they basically act like the old french secret police once said: "Give me 6 lines written by the most honorable man to ever lived, and I will give you a reason to hang him for it."

16. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

More or less ginny statement was her saying she likes Harry for the good man he is and how he can't ignore what he needs to do. The problem was her saying he wouldn't be happy this word fucked her because it's wrong. People took that as her saying Harry wants to fight Voldemort that he is happy to be a hero when anyone who reads these books know Harry didn't want anything to do with Voldemort. Basically people took. Ginny's actions as her not getting how serious the situation is and treating Harry like a story book hero.

It doesn't help that she in the same book states she never gave up on being with him. Seeing as she had two boyfriend's this implies she is just playing with them,

this also bothered fans because if she didn't get over her crush does she actually know Harry for who he is. It basically a perfect storm to make ginny look like a shit person. I personally don't care for her but I don't hate her.

17. Ahtu

Yeap, that 2nd part I can completely get behind. And that's some criticism I really do get. But she's also very young/a kid, she can get away with still having some such flaws. I wouldn't completely condemn her for that alone. Even if I think she deserves a slap and a long stern talking to for it. Which is also why I said I consider Hermione's advice somewhat disgusting.

And to summarize, I am much in the same boat as you. I don't really like her, but I don't hate her either.

Hmm? I actually think Harry idd does become "happy"(more like driven) to fight Voldemort. Which he realizes when Dumbledore basically asks him to think about it. He was very afraid of him when he was little. But as he gets older, realizes all the shit he has done, and is endlessly reminded of everything he stole from him - When he is asked to consider the implications of the prophecy, he finally realizes that he does have the drive to fight him. All the reasons, all the emotional baggage driving him, and their rather hardcore political dispute shall we say.

18. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Agreed, the hatred is a bit much but fans can get ridiculous. I can get rabid in my dislike of certain characters so I at least get it I've gone on many a rant about Naruto or issei from dxd.