1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Threadmarks: The Skittering Chaos Christmas Special, Clone Interlude
    Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

The Skittering Chaos Christmas Special, Clone Interlude

With university’s test weeks done I finally have time to work on this story again. Sorry for the long wait there. Just something to get back into the swing of things as well as to expand on things going on in Hell a little.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I walk briskly down the street, my head high and swivelling, watching for any kind of danger as I walk. The hood of my hoodie, something I had snagged from a clothesline a couple of days back, was down despite wishing that I could put it up. With my horns, however, that’s an impossibility unless I get a hoodie with a much bigger hood.

With one of my hands, I stroke one of my horns. They’re large things that spring from the sides of my head and go back, then forwards, like goat horns. The horns come forward just enough that the tips were in line with my chin. Not particularly useful for goring people unless I didn’t mind possibly breaking my nose at the same time.

Even so, I continued to stroke my horn, passing by storefronts and even storefronts where the glass wasn’t broken, displaying the fine merchandise inside. There were demonic cops and other things in uniforms on the various street corners while people wandered around gazing at the various merchandise that was spread around. Signs declared the various stores and the streets are bustling with various kinds of traffic, ranging from peddling bikers to regular cars. It reminds me of the boardwalk in Brockton, all nice looking while the rest of the city was shit, or at least, parts of it. There certainly were many more nice areas in Pentagram city than in Brockton Bay, especially when I left the world of the living.

As I am walking, I notice that people have begun putting up various wreaths, and other things that look rather Christmassy. Did demons even celebrate Christmas? Maybe the sinners but for demons, the holiday just meant that their hated enemy was born or something. Even so, I watch out of the corners of my eyes and around my hood as Imps, demons, and sinners alike all begin decorating the various storefronts, hanging up lights, and I even see a few places have begun to advertise candy cane hot chocolates and other festive things.

My answer however comes when I pass a shop window where the owner is putting up a sign announcing that there was going to be a “YULETIDE SALE!” So they weren’t celebrating Christmas, but the pagan equivalent, Yule. That certainly made more sense than them celebrating the birth of Christ.

While I’m watching out I notice an owl looking demon across the street do a double-take as she looks my way. Shit. She’ll likely call the enforcer equivalent here and get me kicked off the street. Rather than wait for her to call them, I turn into an alleyway. Not exactly the safest thing to do, but this was fairly close to the wealthy district so the place should be fine.

I casually continue down the alleyway, watching for anything that might pop out. People, animals, possibly even giant bugs, there were a lot of strange things in the alleyways of Pentagram city. As I walk through the alleyway, I come across a chain-link fence dividing the alleyway of the wealthy district from the other alleyways here in the city. I look back and my eyes widen as I see the owl woman turn into the alleyway. Oh shit.

Rather than wait, I latch onto the fence and begin climbing. I hear the owl demon call out to me but I ignore her, preferring to not take chances and just book it. I’m not ending up in some woman’s basement for her to do whatever with!

Luckily the fence isn’t too high and I bolt for it, not even looking back as I run down the alleyway. Reaching to the small of my back, I pull from my belt a revolver I had grabbed from the aftermath of some firefight that had gone on between a bunch of demons. I hear a sound like flapping wings and there is a rush of wind as I look back. The owl demon is running after me and just jumped the fence, her large eyes intense as she charges after me.

Not wanting to take a chance trying to shoot at her I duck around a corner and keep running, hoping to lose her in the maze of alleyways that ran between the various buildings in Pentagram city.

Left, right, and left again, I run halfway down an alley before taking another left before I look back. I hug the wall and raise my gun to watch the entrance of the alleyway, waiting to hear anything. I wait… one moment… two… I look up, expecting to see the owl demon overhead, wings flapping as she dives at me, yet, nothing.

Sighing, I step away from the wall and start making my way further into the alleyway. It seems I’ve lost my pursuer for the moment. The alleyway is littered with graffiti, showing the various gang signs like any other crime-filled city on Earth. I recognise a few of them from being in the area for a few weeks now. The one with the serpent and sword was some old gang sign that was from a gang that had long been beaten away from the area so I don’t pay it much mind. Another was a gang sign I’ve heard was a warning about raiders. Looked like some wolf head spray-painted in red. Called themselves the Crimson gang and they made trips into the city every once and a while when things started getting crazy. Judging by the fact that it was half-covered by some graffiti artist’s own stylised “Tyrone’s a bitch!” sign, it wasn’t very relevant.

I keep walking along the alleyway, looking at the various graffiti art as I do so, seeing older gang signs. Then I notice a newer looking one. There was writing underneath it, but it was in a language I didn’t know, what I did know, was the image of a fanged mouth looking like it was about to bite. I cock the hammer of my revolver and look down the alley I’m in. The sign was known to nearly anyone who wandered the alleyways and survived for more than a few weeks. Biters. A designation given to any kind of demon munching creature that decided to turn the alleys into their home. They could range from Demonic Hellhounds that had gotten a taste of demon flesh, to giant insects. Sometimes they were even designated for feral demons that stayed in an area long term. So long as they tried to eat Demons and were unable to be reasoned with they were called biters by the alley going homeless of Pentagram city.

Cautiously, I start to walk back towards the alley I had just come from. Hopefully, the owl lady wasn’t there to greet me, and even if she was, I hadn’t seen her armed, so hopefully whatever magic she had could be interrupted by my bullets.

No luck however as I pass a trash can, and it bursts open. Without even looking, I fire a shot into the can, hitting something and knocking the can over. I spare the thing a glance. The thing was red-skinned, scythes for arms, and almost looked raptor-like. I hear a couple more trash bins topple over, revealing the scythe raptors popping out of them, and even a dumpster deeper in flipped its lid to reveal a trio of the creatures.

Without hesitation, I try to sight the closest one as quickly as possible and fire off a shot. It goes wide and I fire again. I miss once more as the kick of the weapon throws my aim off. Rather than try for a third shot, I turn and run. I hear loud screeching behind me but I don’t look back, not yet. There are two more garbage cans down the alleyway which topple over, revealing their inhabitants. Gritting my teeth, I continue my charge down the alleyway.

The first of the creatures from the front gets close but I practically shove my revolver in its face before squeezing the trigger, sending a jolt of pain through my wrist as the power of the revolver forces it upwards from the recoil. No matter, not pain, no getting out of here in one piece. The thing’s face is blown off as I keep running. The other creature I barely have time to readjust my aim before it’s nearly on me.

The biter lunges at me and I try to dodge to the side, only to take a sideswipe from the scythe arm. Without my bugs to use to express my pain, I just settle for shouting “Fuck!” as loud as I can before I fire my last round into the creature as I pass it. It hits the biter in the arm, and I can see the others are gaining on me, nearly at my heels. Fuck!

I drop my heavy gun, I try to sprint harder, I try to swing my arms, anything to get me away from those things. Then, ahead, I see the owl lady standing in front of the alleyway, levelling some kind of gun at me. I see her mouth moving but the blood in my ears is pumping too loudly and I can’t hear her. However, I see her take aim and I dive, just trying to last even a second more. God, I wish I hadn’t dropped my revolver now!

Suddenly my world is the sound of thunder as I hear bullets whizz past overhead, slamming into some of the biters that were behind me, making meaty whacks and pained groans as they fall over. I hear panicked yips from behind me that are already starting to get farther away.

I lay there a second, then, as I hear the sound of shoes on concrete getting closer, I look up. There, the owl lady is walking towards me, her big expressive owl eyes looking at me concerned. I don’t know why she decided to save me, but then, when she speaks I realise.

“Taylor?”

“M-mom?” I say before I can stop myself. How is she here? How? Mom was the greatest, kindest person I’ve ever known, she, how, no she can’t have, she can’t have gone to Hell. Yet… here she is… Mom… Annette drops her gun as she runs forward towards me. I… I shouldn’t have said that. I start to get up but Annette wraps me in a hug, and I feel tears on my cheek. I want to hit myself. No… no… this… this was wrong. I…

I’m not Taylor…

Even so, Annette embraces me like my false memories of being Taylor informed me she would. It… it felt good. It… fuck… it… Rather than fight it, I just hug her back, burying my face in her shoulder. I… damn it.

“It’s okay little owl, it’s okay little owl, mommy’s here,” as she mentioned “mommy,” it felt like a dagger in me. Despite my memories, despite this emotion, intellectually, I knew that my mother wasn’t this wonderful woman, it wasn’t Annette. Not really. The closest I could stretch it was that she was my grandmother, but even that didn’t feel right.

No, my mother was that bitch Noelle, who didn’t care for me, who wanted me to kill Dad… no, Danny. I clench my fist behind Mom… Annette’s back, and grind my teeth once more.

“Shhh, there there… I’m here now… you don’t have to worry anymore,” Mom… Annette rubs my back just like she used… no… like… as she did to Taylor. She… she never did it to me. I… this… this is wrong, I… I should just…

Yet… despite knowing what I should do, despite knowing the right thing, I can’t bring myself to even let go of Mo… Annette. When I try to get the words out, to say that I’m not her little owl, I’m a fake, a fraud, an evil clone, the words get choked up in my throat, and I can’t say anything. Mom holds me tighter, a happy hum worming its way into my ear. I feel more tears begin to fall down my cheeks. I silently mouth “sorry.”

And I embrace her.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Edit: I realised I forgot the disbelief I meant to put in there.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  2. Catter

Catter (Unverified Cat)

Very sweet, but how does Annette even recognize her? It's the demonified evil clone of her teenage daughter she hasn't seen since before she started high school. That's pretty far removed I would think. I absolutely loved the chapter, so feel free to tell me "she just does" and move on. By the way, canon or noncanon? I wasn't sure considering the Christmas Special part.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  3. Thread Necromancer

Due to the cloning and how little impact anything in the clone's actual life had on its soul before it was crushed to death by the destruction of Coil's base, she actually just looks like Taylor with some minor demonic features like goat horns, that why Annette thought that Clone!Taylor was actual Taylor, due to how she looks exactly like real Taylor with some horns. Annette even does a double-take to show that she's surprised to see "Taylor" there in hell and looking like herself rather than like Annette, some demon that barely looks like her.

Edit: Canon, the reason it's a Christmas special is because it is on Christmas

Jaime01, Lucho9, KinKrow and 20 others like this.
  4. Greatazuredragon

Greatazuredragon Connoisseur.

Huh, wonder how tge real Taylor will react to this lqter on.
    Nice work and merry christmas.

5. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

Yay clones! I hope this means that Taylor will wind up meeting the clone, and her mother, during the story!

6. Thread Necromancer

Added a bit where Clone Taylor is a bit disbelieving about finding Annette in Hell since it makes sense.

The relevant part:

Jaime01, Morphile, Winged One and 6 others like this.
  7. Doomagedon

Doomagedon Making the rounds.

Why the hell would her mom be in hell anyways

8. gale

gale Experienced.

She used to be in a gang form what I recall but that might of been fanan

9. ElegiacCrown

Given what's been said about Taylor's mysterious "Gram" I'm willing to bet Annette didn't honor her mother.

10. Thread Necromancer

A sinful life and didn't ask Jesus to save her soul as she died. The God in Hazbin Hotel, at least in my interpretation of it is rather puritanical and not entirely moral. Granted depending on what is shown in the show that could just be applied to the bureaucracy that runs heaven, but considering that they hold yearly purges on sinners but utterly destroying them from existence, I don't have a high view on whoever approved that, not to mention that there may not actually be a path to redemption up to Heaven for demons once they end up in Hell.

The reason I say sinful is because of the rather sinful vice filled lives that feminists like Annette generally adopt while they are in the middle of their feminist supporting phase due to peer pressure and the idea of free love kind of things that generally swirl in those circles. I have very little doubt that Annette if she wasn't sucking cock, getting her ass fucked, and bouncing on dick every weekend when she wasn't supporting the feminist cause, or instead, munching carpets and fucking other feminists, or even being fucked by other feminists with strap ons and other sex toys.

Another aspect of these circles is that they generally are rather atheistic so she likely didn't believe in God or at the very least was agnostic.

She was in the "gang" but it hadn't turned into a proper gang until it turned violent, which apparently Lustrum didn't want but that hardly mattered apparently. Either way, when the violence and the castration started Annette bugged out and hooked up with Danny.

Judging by this as well, I bet Annette used the university to get away from her extremely conservatively Christian parents and word eventually got back to them. They disapproved of Danny but they also didn't like the fact that one of the professors or even some blackmailer that wanted Annette or something sent the incriminating evidence back to them. She likely got kicked out for that with some ultimatum given to her if she wanted to come back, in which she said screw them and married Danny.

11. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

All the more reason to ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD!

Taylor just needs more souls to get more power right?

Why bargain with the rich and powerful who already have a bunch of shit when you can bargain with the poor, the desperate, and the oppressed?

Those massively outnumber the rich and the influential after all,

Buy souls in bulk!

12. Thread Necromancer

The quality of souls matters as well. Just taking power from a few poor saps won't give much at all, those that are rich and influential generally are powerful as well, though not always. Take the clones, for example, those poor things will barely give anything, even if a deal is struck rather than just killing them. That isn't to say that there wouldn't be some kind of power gain, but it likely wouldn't be enough to take on an overlord let alone a God in any reasonable amount of time.

13. VisV

Eh it's not like the rich and famous are the kind of people who would have strong souls for the most part.

I imagine people with strong souls actually have some things in common with taylor herself, Strong morals or principles or a strong will, or unbending determination and/dedication to whatever cause they take for themselves.

This does not often describe the rich or influential.

Suffering is what breeds strength after all.

If you want real strength of spirit, look amongst the downtrodden.

Besides I'm not talking about a few poor saps, why do that when you can just say... go to some broken african "Nation" and deal with entire villages and tribes for food or power or whatever they like?

Taylor's got the kind of charisma that a cult leader has, and a religion is just a cult that keeps going after the leader is dead!

So, what she should do is set up religions with actual tangible benefits via demonic empowerment, and then just sit back and guzzle down the souls of entire nations or worlds even!

She's already got missionaries even thanks to good ol Ollie Thorn!

14. Thread Necromancer

Ah you are talking about mortals, I thought you were talking about those who are in Hell like random imps and other demons. You are definitely correct in regards to the souls of those in the mortal realm and not of those in hell, since those who suffered and had stronger morals and will power likely have more powerful souls in Hell.

As for the religion thing, Yup, that actually part of the plan here since there are no doubt people who would worship and believe in Taylor without a doubt and give up their souls for assistance and power. The main pull of dealing with the rich and powerful is that more often than not, they are the movers and shakers of the mortal realm that allow for access to those that are better suited to empowering the deal-making devil.

As for Ollie, he ain't one yet, I've got some ideas on how it gets to missionary level unless you are just talking about spreading the good word on the street about the good that Skitter did, in which then you are correct.

15. VisV

I have continued my delves into obscure lore facts.

This time from the Helluva Boss Twitter feed.

There are actually 7 "Rings" of hell, one for each of the 7 deadly sin's.

But while hellborn demons like Imp's or Goetials are able to move about the rings whenever they want, Sinners are stuck on the top layer, the Pride ring. for some reason.

Which is probably part of the over population issue.

Also Loo-Loo land, the one with O's, is in the Greed ring, and therefore only hellborn demons can visit it. This may also explain why they needed a robot Fizzarolli, instead of bringing the real one in.

Also considering reference to multiple sinner "nations" like hell canada, and presence of multiple cities... each layer may very well be the size of an entire continent or even a planet.

Of course this knowledge in hand, we can safely say that Pentagram city and IMP headquarters are both on the pride ring, because both of these places have had known sinners.

16. Night Hunter

Night Hunter Getting sticky.

The developer did say Hell is a combination of all hells from all mythologies, so it's safe to say that Heaven may be the same as well. So in this case may be more for her life acts than devotion to a specific religion.

She lived a sinful life in the past and never have seeked some form of redemption for her past acts and landed on Hell.

It's possible sinners are prideful of they past sins on life, grand and smaller, and see no problem on it or express disbelief they commit enough sin to land on Hell and don't express some sort of regret. That teacher certainly belief she don't belong in hell after murdering her husband and try to kill his lover (no matter how monstrous she was) in front of children.
    ]

17. VisV

Eh I don't really buy that though?

Shouldn't everything be weighed good and bad? things like intent and context and the like?

At anyrate in this fic Taylor hebert was sent to hell after sacrificing herself for the purposes of saving every human life in the multiverse.

Which irrefutably proves that whatever system is used to judge souls is utterly and completely fucked and should be destroyed.

18. Thread Necromancer

You know, one of the various thoughts I had regarding Taylor ending up in Hell if things were taken from a more sympathetic view was that Taylor ended up in Hell, not due to some systematic error, or even due to malice, but rather because God or whoever realised she would be much happier there than in Heaven, especially if not only her Mom but her Dad and even her friends and basically family would be ending up in Hell, not only that, but Heaven would likely be boring for Taylor. This isn't likely the stance I will take but it's an interesting thought.

19. VisV

I'm sorry for the double post but this really needs to be said...

Like are there even any actual humans in heaven in this fic? because as it stands once you have committed any sort of sin at all, nothing you do can ever make up for it and you are damned forever. Context or intent behind your action be damned.

Taylor literally Martyred herself for the sake of doing the goodest thing ever done by saving literally all the human lives. and her prior sins, committed either out of ignorance, with good intentions, or for lack of other options, still screwed her.

Since every human who has ever and will ever live has done something on the sin list at some point, it basically means that no matter what good deeds you have done, no matter how you try and atone, you are still going to hell.

There can't actually be any other conclusion to draw from this other than. "God's a sadistic fuckwit and/or heaven is hopelessly corrupt and cruel."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  20. ElegiacCrown

So, it's a very strange thing to both agree and disagree with your statement. Because, overall, I agree, that Taylor was in the right for basically everything and that the moral "good" of saving 10 to the Nth iterations of Earth and humanity was good, and that in a just and fair system that would get her into heaven, or at least the closest approximation for her. Where I think you're wrong is in your conclusion, because God doesn't have to be sadistic or heaven corrupt for Taylor to wind up in hell. I think it's just a very human principle of "It doesn't matter how many people you save, as long as you've fucked at least one goat" and the more traditional religious sense of "You don't get into heaven unless you make the attempt to get to heaven."

Because, I love Taylor, and I definitely feel that she paid any sin with saving every earth multiple times over, she said it herself, she might have regrets, and she would have done it differently if given the chance, but she felt justified in what she did. And whether or not that's true (it is, she was very much justified), doing evil to do good is still a sin, and if she didn't regret that, didn't try to get forgiven for that, and a requirement is to do so, then yeah, she wouldn't make it in.

21. Thread Necromancer

It could also be as simple as she simply didn't believe in God or Jesus. Considering her mother's background I doubt she ended up truely believing in God, not to mention, her attitude after, at least in this fic, not really being sorry for her sins. It isn't a scale or anything like that but more of a do not regret? Well, unfortunatly we don't want you then.

22. VisV

If god is not just and fair... then It's not really worthy of being called "God" now is it?

So yeah... definitely not just and fair then. Because expecting people to believe in something that they cannot actually prove to exist is very much not just nor fair.

It's actually kind of the opposite.

let's see how they like it when Taylor's religion becomes bigger than theirs, and less stupid!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  23. ElegiacCrown

Eh, "worthy" is sort of a loose concept when omnipotence is involved. Still, for this fic, 0/10, would support a different deity for sure instead. Maybe His kid, heard that guy's got a good head on his shoulders.

24. VisV

Jesus is just gods finger puppet, Trinity says so.

Thread Necromancer likes this.
  25. ElegiacCrown

Jesus also said that everyone should get into Heaven as long as they're legitimately trying to be good, so...

edit:
    I'm just saying, if Big-J was running the show, I think Taylor would have gone to Heaven, that's all.

26. VisV

The issue with this is that taylor is sorry for some of the shit she did, if she went back to do it again, she would probably not shoot Aster if there was any other feasible option, for instance.

But she's not sorry for the shit that she was right over.

She was only human and couldn't see the future, she did the best she could with the hand she had been dealt, so why should she be sorry?

27. ElegiacCrown

I mean... that seems more like a question about general human morality or theology in general? Like, it falls kind of outside the scope of this fic and into legitimate theological debate territory.

Catter and Thread Necromancer like this.
  28. Thread Necromancer

We are expected to believe a billion little things we don't have the ability to actually prove, either due to not having the know-how to test or to the money to be able to test such a thing. It is highly expected for people to believe things the can't prove exist because we already do such a thing every day, either through a lack of will to prove it, or not realizing we have a need to prove it. What is just one more thing?

God is just Jesus' Shard :p

There are other things that she isn't sorry for that she knows is wrong and likely won't ever be sorry for in this story due to my interpretation of the ending events, that being joining the Undersiders, robbing the bank beyond that it led to Dinah's kidnapping, attacking the fundraiser, murdering Coil, assaulting Glory Girl, and of course, the most damning, premarital sex :p

29. VisV

Yes she did the wrong things occasionally... but she did them for the right reasons and that is what really matters!

Except coil, that was just the right thing no matter how you fucking look at it and anyone who thinks otherwise is objectively wrong!

Jaime01 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  30. Thread Necromancer

She had justifications that's for sure, and for some of us that is good enough, that or we just didn't care about the people being terrorized, though we are also flawed creatures.

For Coil, however, some might argue that exposing him and sending him to jail would be the better moral outcome, as such, the right thing to do.

Jaime01 and Catter like this.