1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

Wow, the League really don't like Gravy do they?

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

OK, if she's not exaggerating much, they were in that future longer than I thought.

He's rather villainous, but still technically not a villain so they can't arrest him, he's basically friends with Lex and other people that they don't like (with good reason), and he intentionally bruises their egos in ways that they aren't used to.

Sorrow, Ardy, zeebza and 8 others like this.
  3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I think that is because he is not part of their Club and doesn't obey orders of them anymore.

Sorrow and Doccer like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The fact that he's an asshole and has worked and helped people that have commited horrible crimes get off and even become more powerful, like Luthor, may also play a big part.

5. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I might have missed this but when did renegade turn the purple healing ray into a death ray and how does it work?

6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It was first mentioned in Episode 30: Aberration. Though I don't remember the explanation for how it worked.

Ardy and Bud-E like this.
  7. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It happened a really long time ago, basically a little while after he got access to the healing ray design schematics (from his first and only visit to Themyscira, I believe). I don't recall a detailed explanation for how it functions, but it just reverses the revitalizing properties of the healing ray to drain 'life energy' I guess- there's definitely a magical aspect to it since it's less effective on low-thaumic worlds.

I'm rereading the story from when Paragon first leaves Earth/the Solar System and this might have been answered, but what ended up happening with Estrogina and the other Zamaron Pirates? Was the former killed during the assault on Wombworld? I don't believe Paragon ever asked Ghi'ata about them or anything.

Ardy, Bud-E and Lord Ernest like this.
  8. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

This gives me the sense of Artemis being a cat. Particularly the God speech but at the end.

Vorian, Ardy and Titansfall like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They most likely died on Wombworld.

Also it may not have occurred to him to ask the actual Zamarons about them.

They didn't use Maltusian tech or even have any Maltusian powers.

They may have called themselves Zamarins since they respected the female ruled Zamarons or it's a coincidence that they share a similar name.

However their ability to resist power rings could mean that they have some connection to Maltusians, but there's no reason for Ghi'ata to know about them.

Hinon was not aware that Javek was making Effigy and she also mentioned that not telling others what they're doing was standard among them, or something like that, so some Zamaron may have created the Vega Zamarons and just didn't tell anyone about them.

Ardy likes this.
  10. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Luthor is under heavy watch, if he goes pass the line again he will get killed by a shady government agency and the League, or at least Batman and Superman, know that.

What they really not like is that the jump to the stars is being spear headed by Luthor of all people, because Luthor is not trustworthy.

Besides, it got to sting to Bruce that he has not been able to reform Two Face yet Luthor of all people gets a second chance and so far it looks like it stuck.

Grayven way may not be nice but it works, while Batman just keeps putting bandages over infesting wounds.

And Superman? Batman himself says that the problem with Superman is that he is basically in a dick measuring contest and Metropolis wouldn't get as many powerful Supervillains if it wasn't Superman city. Why do.you think he has his "Stay out of Gotham" policy?

Yes Grayven is an asshole, but so is Batman and they still work with him.

And yes Young Justice Batman is still an asshole, he made a black ops team of a bunch of kids and didn't even get them training on how to be a black ops team. When other Batman put shit like this at least they have the decency to use adults.

Ardy likes this.
  11. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Zoat basically confirmed that they were the result of Zamaron experimentation/augmentation at some point, though you're right that Ghi'ata has no particular reason to know about them (but then again, it wouldn't be implausible either). I'm not sure if their bloodlust-driven psychology was a result of the process, but if not it seems like they have a useful set of biological abilities it might be possible to replicate, especially if Sinestro's starting his Corps up in earnest.

Ngamer11 and Ardy like this.
  12. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Not technically wrong, especially if that's more common in British English, but the original spelling is "Occam's".

FreeGod and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  13. Threadmarks: Medidiction (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

27th August 2012
    13:05 GMT -5

"Agent… Grayven?"

He recognised me at once, but it took a moment for him to get his thoughts in order. He looks haggard. Tired.

"Officer Danvers." I smile politely, but try to avoid showing actual joy. This isn't really that sort of occasion. "Thank you for opening the door."

"What-? What are you here for? The DMA people already checked… They already checked."

Surprising what a few FBI agents with a little magic training can turn up when they put their minds to it. The individual known locally as 'Buzz' escaped, but the summoning he was attempting was interrupted. Not before the death of the ritual sacrifice, but from the reports it looked a lot like her involvement wasn't entirely involuntary.

"Ye-ah, I'm… Not here about that. I'm… I'm here about the will."

His face falls slightly. "Oh. Oh."

"I wouldn't normally even hear about something like this, but she actually posted me a copy and my clerks brought it to my attention…"

He shakes his head. "There's no way that can be legally binding."

"… No, but it does express your late daughter's wishes fairly explicitly."

"'Use my body for some… Fucked up magic or some shit like that. Something that'll piss off my parents.' And-." His face creases up. "And you actually want to do that?"

"Chirurgeons used to train on corpses stolen from graveyards. I've got a ritual that requires the reasonably fresh corpse of a woman infused with demonic magic." I spread my hands out. "Not really a lot of opportunities for something like that, and I'm pretty sure that a disinterested party would consider it to be 'fucked up magic'."

He lets out a burst of decidedly unamused laughter, then shakes his head.

"Shit. What d'you even want her for?"

"Are you sure that you want to know?"

"It's got ta be something that'll piss me off, hasn't it?"

"Alright. Well, demons have no sense of morals. While humans…" I remember what state I'm in. "Are descended from people who ate the apple from the tree in the Garden of Eden and so have certain God-given moral intuitions-"

Or are descended from ape-men who gradually learned that cooperating with other ape-men improved their chances of survival.

"-demons aren't and lack that. However, demons are capable of learning to function in human society. Most just use that knowledge to conceal their actions better, but a few make a genuine effort to fit in. One of my children's tutors is just such a demon. She's been living as a human without… Alright, not entirely without incident, but considering what she is a couple of counts of operating an unlicensed abattoir is pretty minor."

I mean, there's no specific law against eating puppies.

That I know of.

"O-okay, so, what?"

"So she got married, and she and her husband want to have children, but it turns out that's actually quite hard when your body is a manifestation of demonic energy. And because we're keeping an eye on her, she can't get away with the usual standby of possessing someone. And it turns out that isn't as easy to maintain in the long term as you might assume."

"And you want to put her in my daughter's body?"

"Yes."

"No."

"But that's not all."

"No. No."

"Okay, but you might want to-"

"No you goddamn-"

"-consider where your daughter's soul likely ended up."

"-son of..! … The Hell you mean by that?"

"Drugs, promiscuous sexual activity, demon magic and generally being kind of a bitch. These are not the things that lead to a glorious unification with the Source after the end of one's time in this veil of tears. Unless you're one of my kind and have special dispensation to just be yourself, that sort of thing results in the newly liberated soul heading straight down."

His mouth twitches like it wants to fold down at the edges but he's trying to keep under control. No one wants to believe that their daughter went to Hell, even if a disinterested party might look at the available evidence and say 'well, duh'.

"W-. W-? If this demon is just… Gunna be possessing her body-."

"Part of the ritual involves bringing her soul back. She won't be able to interact with the world, but she won't be enduring all of the torments of Hell any longer."

"Dear God in Heaven."

I bring my hands together in a clap.

"So…"

"Can-? Can we think about it?"

"I'd like to say 'yes', but the ritual has a definite deadline and we're already pushing it. We're not going to get a chance to do this again for a good long while, and that won't get Linda out of Hell."

"I don't-. I-. … Yes! Yes, do it."

I nod respectfully.

"Thank you. I shall trouble you no more."

I turn away and walk back through the hush tube that brought me here.

27th August 2012
    11:08 GMT -7

Sunset looks up as I walk into her workroom, Linda Danver's naked corpse on a raised bier and painted in runic designs. John Constantine is still busy completing the patterns on her right leg while the prospective graftee fidgets awkwardly.

"Retrospective consent?"

I nod. "Attained. You ready, Gloria?"

Gloria doesn't look too impressed. "She doesn't look anything like me."

I hold out my left hand to her and she hesitatingly takes it. I focus my designs on the corpse and orange light radiates out, moving over the deanimated flesh. Bones lengthen, skin and hair darken and her breasts swell from 'reasonably well-endowed teenager' to 'chirurgically augmented WAG'.

"My nose does not look like that."

"If you don't like it, having a fleshy body will mean that you can pay a man to change it. Mister Constantine?"

"All set." He steps back. "The girl's soul will power the tattoos-"

Gloria grimaces. "Tatt-?"

"-which won't be visible when they're on, and will hide you from anyone looking for you with magic."

I remove my left hand. "Body's all done. Sunset?"

Sunset holds up a pair of unpleasant-looking rune-inscribed brass chains. "All ready here! Let's do some original research!"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  14. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Another win for Mad Science!

Er, Unhinged Wizardry!

Bigreader, Istaran, Cuchulin and 18 others like this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Isn't both demonology and necromancy illegal?

16. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I miss the laugh reactions.

Jaron, ChestBurster, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  17. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Laughs in Grayven

18. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Why not both?

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Technically both.

Though some demons were former humans.

Animal cruelty laws may apply.

'of things or 'those sort'

Though being trapped in her body would probably feel like hell.

'not look'

Is the next episode paragon or renegade focused.

20. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Uh, the soul powers the tattoos? Forever? That's harsh man.

21. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

Well, as Farnsworth says:

HAIL SCIENCE!

More harsh than eternal pain, suffering, and active/directed/malicious torment?

22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Well...

And I looked for a clip, but I couldn't find one.

23. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

...Ah, Linda Danvers' father. I'm guessing the events that occurred in the Paragon timeline also happened here, and didn't end so well. A sound reminder that the Renegade is missing out on a lot of things while he's off in space...

I have to wonder who or what he was summoning in this timeline, since Noriel wouldn't have been available, not having been discorporated without the hunt for the 'Thief of Eden...'

...Huh. That's interesting.

Ah. Yes, that makes a lot of sense, I guess. Given what we heard about Linda's character before...

Not exactly the sort of thing you can custom-order, after all.

To be fair, I don't think we want to either... But...

Which Renegade doesn't realise is an actual place, does he? Not having dug into things like that the way Paragon did...

... o_O Is this a 'Hellblazer' thing?

:eek: ...Definitely a 'Hellblazer' thing.

No, don't want her popping out sprogs that are just chock-filled with demonic energies. Remember Satanus and Angelica Blaze? Yeah.

...Not an unreasonable response.

Well, if he goes to slug the Renegade, at least it won't hurt... Much.

:oops: ...Oooh, yeah. She was bound for the express lane down Hell's Highway...

Not in a handbasket, but I doubt the ride is any more pleasant regardless.

...Not seeing an improvement...

Not the time for your brand of cheerfulness, Renegade...

I'm sure Buzz's buddies have just the perfect pit of fire lined up for her...

I hope not.

Oh, this has so many ways it could go wrong...

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission, eh? Or in this case, belated permission...

Well, at least she'll have the most common superpower... :V

Just keep in mind it's expensive, and potentially painful, the latter being something she's not used to...

Ah, the same set as Chantinelle and the Paragon, eh? At least this set didn't need to be carved onto the soul... yet.

That really needs a burst of maniacal laughter, doesn't it?

Okay, that came out more or less from nowhere. Still, if it's an obligation, the Narrative won't let it pass unattended-to. I suppose it's safer than producing some half-demon babies. Those are always trouble. And Sunset gets to play with some spells that would quite upset Celestia, so... Bonus?

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm now thinking of this.

25. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Blocked in Australia on copyright grounds.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Buzz did have a superior he answered to, so maybe he was trying to summon them.

He may know it's real, but may not know the specifics.

Even if it wasn't it really sounds like it could belong there.

Read my above post.

This wouldn't be the first time renegade has been behind something very stupid.

When it's not the time for his particular brand he tends to use it the most.

Your hope will not come to fruition.

Seeing as she's from Hell she may be used to pain.

Having her finger nails pulled off may be her equivalent of a manicure.

These spells may upset a lot of people not just Celestia.

27. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Kind of weird to be doing this now, innit? Aren't we focused on the other Grayven? Did Artemis and Kanto already go to do the stealth/preemptive strike?

Still, it's always fun to see the differences between Grayven's universe and the Illustres's. Obviously nobody stopped Buzz from doing some demonic shit with Linda, but I imagine the bitch angel officially known as Noriel wasn't present for that part of the ritual? Kinda curious what Buzz accomplished with that and what's the geopolitical status in Hell.

Can somebody remind me who this Gloria is? I'm usually fairly capable of remembering this one note or passing characters but she doesn't ring even a tea bell.

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Eventually, it amounts to the same thing,if she is aware.

Also,Hell has at least the chance of escape, right?

Otto von Saurion and Vaermina like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The First of the Fallen is still alive for one.

She's a demon, a succubus I think, that loves kn Earth and is married to an athlete.

I think she's the tutor for renegades half demon children.

30. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Maxim 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"