1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E, West Direction

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by UrsaTempest, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

Err...me?

I have no real intention to make much artifacts other than a pair of Daiklaves for my two MA styles and maybe some armor. Either Spring Razor Evocations or other if I manage a 5 Dot Artifact.

By RAW there are very few artifacts so not really worth working on them much, especially since no real N/A artifacts have been mentioned.I'll probably craft a few more if the others want one for their char though.

I do want to craft a lot of mundane stuff, talismans, potions, experimental weapons etc. Things like Occulted mirrors to focus sunlight to make Gold into MM, Thaumaturic tools like runed Jars to catch and store lightning, blessed tools to use in crafting and/or harvesting material. I also plan to make a Sorcerous room to act as my workshop filled with exceptional equipment. So it would give me a 2 dice bonus for all actions that use those tools.

Game wise, I plan to make a Batman utility belt as one of my first projects and carry around pretty much what I need for every situation. This way crafting things will be how I solve most problems.

Though, I do have this idea of harvesting the Still living brain of the Tyrant Lizard and seeing if I can make a massive statue/golem from it. Not sure if this would be an artifact or Sorcerous Working though.

Basically, I plan to fool around with the craft system to see what I can do with it, no real serious stuff on the artifact side of things.

Biigoh and kinglugia like this.
  2. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Mine? Master Solar Circle Sorcery and make a wondrous item through Ambition 3 Solar Circle Sorcerous Working. Yzarc can aid me with his Craft charms bullshit, and maybe I could get a few Elementals and/or Rakshas to aid me in it.

Said wondrous item would, naturally, be a sword. Which, through shenanigans, is bound to my Exaltation and can be regained through Glorious Solar Saber should I die, and my next incarnation appears. Evocations would be pretty bullshit, but I won't go into details for now.

Next step? Figure out a way to skedaddle from Creation for good. As in, forever, and go on an adventure in other worlds through the Wyld or something similar.

Yzarc likes this.
  3. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So I heard you want a defender?

Name: Vermillion Aegis
    Caste: Dawn
    Anima: A blazing circle of golden fire erupts around the Exalt, before a massive winged figure appears from within.
    Supernal Ability: Melee
    [​IMG]
    Concept: Defensive Combat Fighter

So
    Strength ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Charisma ●●●●●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Perception ●●
    Intelligence ●●
    Wits ●●●●●

Abilities
    Caste
    Melee ●●●●● (Defensive Combat, Fighting Elegantly)
    Awareness ●●●●● (Detecting Danger)
    Resistance ●●●
    Dodge
    Brawl/Martial Arts (Single Point Shining Into The Void Style) ●●

Favored
    Integrity ●●●
    Athletics ●●●
    Presence ●●●
    Occult ●●●●● (Sorcery)
    Survival ●●●

Non-Favored, Non-Caste
    Western Lore ●●●
    Linguistics ●

Merits
    Thaumaturgist (Weather-Wards) ●●●● - Free from Sorcerous Initiation
    Language (Old Realm) ●
    Mentor (|||||-Whirlpool-Crimson, Elemental Lord of the West) ●●●
    Danger Sense ●●●
    Fast Reflexes ●●●
    Artifact - Orichalcum 'Luminous Defender' ●●●

Charms
    Awareness
    Sensory Acuity Prana (pg 267)

Melee
    Dipping Swallow Defense (pg 346)
    One Weapon, Two Blows (pg 346)
    Bulwark Stance (pg 346)
    Solar Counterattack (pg 347)
    Call The Blade (pg 347)
    Summoning The Loyal Steel (pg 347)
    Glorious Solar Saber (pg 350)
    Flashing Edge of Dawn (pg 351 - pg 352)

Martial Arts
    - Single Point Shining Into The Void Style

Occult
    Terrestrial Circle Sorcery

Presence
    Listener-Swaying Argument (pg 369)
    Harmonious Presence Meditation (pg 369)

Resistance
    Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana (pg 376)
    Armored Scout's Invigoration (pg 376)

Spells
    Death Of Obsidian Butterflies (pg 472) - Control Spell
    Summon Elemental (pg 472)
    Infallible Messenger (pg 472)

Evocations
    Luminous Soul Warden (pg 616)
    Howling Lotus Strike (pg 620)

Equipment
    Glorious Solar Reaper Daiklave (Spring Razor) 'Winter Blossom'** - Acc +3; Dam 12; Def +1; Overwhelming 5; Attu 0
    Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced​
    Orichalcum Lamellar (Brilliant Sentinel) 'Luminous Defender' - Soak +8; Hardness 7; Mob -1; Att 5
    Tags: None​
    Medium Shield - Acc +2; Dam 7; Def +1; Overwhelming 1
    Tags: Shield, Bashing, Melee​

Shaping Ritual
    The sorcerer may draw an additional (Essence) sorcerous motes from any source of water within medium range, coaxing its power into his spell. However, this diminishes the source of water as it gets converted into the Essence that suffuses Creation. Should the sorcerer has access to a massive source of water, such as a lake, a river, or even the ocean, he has a virtually endless source of sorcerous motes to fuel his spells. He may draw sorcerous motes from water elementals or other spirits of water as well, draining (Essence) motes from their pools, but only if his shape sorcery roll exceeds their Resolve, and no more than once per scene against any one spirit. Should the sorcerer draws Essence to fuel his control spell, water does not evaporate, and spirits do not lose motes drawn from them.

Intimacies
    • Defining Principle: "Enjoy life to the fullest."
    • Defining Tie: The Deathlords (Loathing)
    • Major Tie: The Wyld Hunt (Hatred)
    • Major Principle: "I shall await your reincarnation, Master Minato."
    • Major Principle: "I will master Sorcery and create a wonder like no other."
    • Minor Tie: |||||-Whirlpool-Crimson (Reverence)

Languages: (Native) Seatongue, Old Realm
    Limit: 0
    Limit Condition: When he suffers a setback or defeat because of his own mistakes.
    Health: 0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
    Willpower: 5/5
    Essence: 1
    Personal Essence: 13/13
    Peripheral Essence: 23/33 (-5 attuned to Luminous Defender, -4 to Armored Scout's Invigoration, -1 to Summoning The Loyal Steel)

Background
    Once, there was a mighty Solar Exalt of the Zenith Caste, whose influence spread far and wide in the Western Threshold. Many times had the Wyld Hunt attempted to hunt him down, only to be repelled by his forces. Vermillion Aegis was one of the many disciples under the Zenith, tutored in the lost lore and forgotten knowledge he had dug up in his travels.

But where the Wyld Hunt failed in slaying the Zenith, the Deathlords of the Underworld proved to be his downfall. Through their mighty necromantic workings, they fashioned a pair of monstrous behemoths capable of withstanding the burning glare of the Daystar, and set them loose upon the Solar's trail.

He died, using his very own life force to enact a mighty Sorcerous Working to seal the twofold beasts for eternity. But not before the armies of the Underworld managed to devastate most of his forces.

They didn't expect Vermillion Aegis to gain his Second Breath while valiantly defending his master, nor did they expect Fakharu to send reinforcements to aid the Solar's army, late as it may be. That proved to be the downfall of the lesser armies of the Underworld, as they were destroyed, swept away by the very ocean itself.

After that particularly brutal battle, it was found out that the Zenith had known this would happen long before his demise, and had arranged for the Elemental Courts of the West to take in any survivors under their wing until his reincarnation surfaces. And his last advice to his loyal followers was for them to enjoy life to the fullest.

The newly Exalted Dawn was taken under the Undine Lord known as |||||-Whirlpool-Crimson, who taught him many things, in return for doing various quests for him, in cases where he is incapable of travelling to the place in question.

Currently, Vermillion Aegis was travelling to a certain area in the West, to search for rumours regarding a certain "Super Tyrant Lizard" that had been plaguing the lands.

Bonus Points (15/15)
    2 to Melee
    2 to Awareness
    2 to Occult
    2 to Presence
    3 to Artifact Lamellar
    4 to Flashing Edge of Dawn

Notes
    Not!Persona 3 would do, I guess...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Yzarc likes this.
  4. Yzarc

Where did you get the solar plate? I don't see it in the Merit section.

Also how are you getting the Evocations for the Solar Saber? You have to buy the charm multiple times to get them. A single purchase does not get you one by default. Same with the Plate.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

In the BP section. Gonna update it in a bit.
    Something something got for free when not!Spring Razor is gained.
    Brilliant Sentinel, Luminous Soul Warden special activation rules. Auto get.

Yzarc likes this.
  6. Yzarc

Ahh. Ok but you still need two purchases of Solar Saber to get any evocation. With a Single Purchase, all you get is a light saber aka "solidified Essence", so you would not normally gain any Evocations unless weeping oked it. Shrugs.

kinglugia likes this.
  7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ah, I see. Gonna keep it for now unless weep vetoes it.

That said, are you gonna grab the Craft charms that involves awakening new Evocations?

Yzarc likes this.
  8. Yzarc

They haven't been updated. They still classify Evocations in circles. So unless weeping allows Evocations from the leak, probably not. The Lore one is better in every other way.

kinglugia likes this.
  9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Then are you getting it, or would you like me to work for it?

Yzarc likes this.
  10. Yzarc

I won't get it till way later. I'll still me maxing craft for much of E1 to E2. Besides which Lore is not my Supernal, so I can't awaken your stuff till E5 anyway.

kinglugia likes this.
  11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Yeah, so is mine, but it's just to coordinate with you. I know that you're not getting any Occult charms other than the 3 Sorceries, and not sure on Winged One yet, as his/her character is beginning to tap into Occult charms proper.

Yzarc likes this.
  12. Yzarc

Say theweepingman is there any deadline after which we can't submit any more chars and start the game? Or change mid game in case we run into a problem that can't be houseruled away?

I am asking this because I am not sure if craft works as the Devs say it does. Been talking to a few people and they are having problems with Craft, forcing them to spam "Basic" crafts whenever they can. If they don't hit enough objectives, they have to spam 10-15 basic actions per session to get enough xp to make a some swords and such on the low end.

I have already switched my char once so I don't want to switch it yet again and trouble you like this, but I am not sure about craft now that I have spoken to them. I haven't made up my mind yet and I still want to try out a Craft char but am not so sure now.

kinglugia likes this.
  13. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

I thought spamming basic projects at every in-character opportunity was how the devs said it would go?

kinglugia and Yzarc like this.
  14. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

I always allow redesigning char after chargen, Yzarc. Even then, I might modify Craft if necessary.

kinglugia and Yzarc like this.
  15. Yzarc

Yes but that leads to problems like...

"I want to make a sword" then the ST goes "You must construct additional Spoons"

"The building is burning down. I need to construct a water pump, but can't because I did not make enough knives today morning."

"Quick, make enough swords to arm the people of the town, the enemy will arive any time." -- "I can't" --"Why not?" -- "I didn't make enough dolls for the children of the town"

Stuff like that and no, that was the literal and actual experience of players who ran out of silver xp in critical time and could not make any major projects.

Then there is the other side of things.....

"Join battle" and the party rushes into a fight "Wait, where is the Twilight?" -- "He is over there, making a few carvings so that he can craft a bomb to throw at the enemy"

Social Situation -- The party gets a hit with a Social penalty because the Twilight tried to sell cheap toys to the guests because he wanted to make a good gift to bargain with an unexpected visitor he did not expect and didn't have the xp to finish a major project.

And yes, these are actual in game stuff that has come up.

Finally there is this problem......

"Come on man, we need to go" -- "Wait guys I need to do my daily grindings. Give me a sec"

"We are being chased by the Wyld hunt and you want to go out and sell toys??" -- "Sorry man, I need the xp for it or I can't make you the special arrows or replace your equipment."

"Finally no..." --- "Daily grind time" -- "Are we...." -- "Daily again" -- "Please let...." -- "Delicious craft xp" -- "...now?" -- "Done" --- "Finally, now lets..." -- "Wait I spent it all and have to do it all over again" - ".....can he just make a million spoons and call it a day?" -- ST fed up with the constant rolls and book keeping "YES, please."

has come up in play too.

Keep in mind that you get Silver Xp not only from the objectives but from the rolls too. Achieve more successes you get more xp. Get the right charms and you get more xp if you get certain numbers. So not only do I have to roll a LOT of times, I have to note down the numbers. So a lot of book keeping in addition to ton interruptions for the silliest of things.

As in I will be constantly making interruptions by making a lot of rolls.

Thanks, this is a relief. As for redesigning craft, keep in mind that many of the key craft charms need Silver Xp to work, so it is not possible to handwave it away.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    kinglugia likes this.
  16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Well, he could give more XP for the Solar Twilight, because, hey, he's supposed to be the prodigy, right? So, maybe 1 additional Craft XP per 6 gained, or something like that.

Yzarc likes this.
  17. Yzarc

Gaining xp isn't really the problem. So long as you plan it out, you can make the requirements for most projects. It is when the ST throws unexpected stuff at you or situations where you can't hit two or more of the conditions for craft xp that the problem begins.

Problem is the devs designed it so a crafter has to use craft to solve most things and then went and made silver xp a requirement for major projects which gates all the things that are actually useful in a situation behind a 10sxp wall. So you have to spam 4 Basic projects minimum per major if you are qualifying only for a single condition and this generally happens in bad situations like being chased by the wyld hunt.

If you are allowed to sell/profit from your stuff all is fine and dandy, if not? you can't craft and so much for solving stuff with craft because of that damned 10sxp gate. And the solution to this? Even more Craft charms that give horrible returns and even that only once per day.

The only reason I haven't really changed my char is because I got some good advice on how to make the most of Basic craft spamming and to keep a minimum craft xp level.

18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hora theweepingman, I am curious on whether the Charm known as Ephemeral Induction Technique, on pg 360, well...
    [22:13] <kinglugia> Ephemeral Induction Technique - this one
    [22:15] <Yzarc> run it by weeping
    [22:15] <Yzarc> I know workings give you Octavia lvl badass but I am not sure if you can combine workings with this charm
    [22:16] <Yzarc> But this charm won't give u a badass spirit till E5 but it can become badass as you get more xp as it gets 1/2 urs
    [22:16] <kinglugia> Ja.
    [22:17] <kinglugia> Also, totally going to use Glorious Solar Saber as one of the materials for the creation of said spirit
    [22:17] <kinglugia> And Means for Workings
    [22:18] <Yzarc> .....really run this by weeping. Generally using charms count as complimentary ability but all reference is to ability not charm. So it may not stack

Yzarc likes this.
  19. Yzarc

To clarify the above does it qualify as this....

20. Alphaleph

Alphaleph Experienced.

I've got 3 Charms I'm not sure what to use on.
    Though... if I ignore two of the 4 non-favored abilities, I could increase Sail to 3 and grab 3 Charms from those...

21. Yzarc

That would work. Having a Circle member who has a lot of sail charms would be really helpful.

22. Alphaleph

Alphaleph Experienced.

Now, which 2 to drop?
    Athletics, Awareness, Survival or Stealth?

Yzarc likes this.
  23. Yzarc

Stealth? Or Survival if you want to do sneaky stuff. Con man right? Do you want stealth?

24. Alphaleph

Alphaleph Experienced.

Stealth does include blending in. Although with disguise it might be redundant...
    I could drop survival, but that means I have to drop either athletics or stealth. The two abilities I put a dot in with 'running away when things goes pear shaped' in mind.
    Does athletics affect running speed?
    On second thought... I probably would drop athletics and survival then.

Yzarc likes this.
  25. Yzarc

Athletics does affect running speed but Dodge is the Disengage pool. Basicially, if you are being chased, you need Dex+dodge to "Disengage" to run away (Dex+Athletics) fast.

26. Alphaleph

Alphaleph Experienced.

I did grab Fleet of Foot.

Though, not sure if I should keep it without any Dodge or Athletics...

27. Yzarc

I am not sure I get you.

28. Alphaleph

Alphaleph Experienced.

Fleet of foot merit, gave bonus to disengage and running away rolls. Should I keep the merit when my char would be crap at running with 0 in athletics and dodge?

29. Yzarc

Dex+Atheletics actually. so if you have 0 in them you still get Bonus+Dex instead of Bonus+dex+Dodge/Athletics.

30. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

You'll still run away faster than human that got no bonus! ...assuming said mortal knows jack shit about Athletics too, of course. Also, you can't apply Excellency if you got no Abilities.

My suggestion? If you just want to run away (and nothing else), get at least one Athletic.