1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Borne of Caution (Pokemon Isekai)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fuggmann, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

God damn, Courtney's pussy game must be top tier for Brendan to straight-up abandon his friends even knowing that Magma intends to fuck around with forces they don't understand.

Then again, young kid getting swept up after a 'betrayal' revealed and presenting a 'sane' and 'sympathetic' face is like... manipulation 101. Poor fucker just borderline ruined himself and doesn't even realise it, too swept up in moronic "gReAtEr GoOd" ideas from Courtney.

And man, as bad as Magma is, and the fuckery they're doing, and the human cost of their grand plan, gotta keep in mind that Archie is like... legitimately fucking insane. Very much an "Enemy of my Enemy is very much still my Enemy" thing.

Also, that "Claydol is an expert of such arts" shit should set off a LOT of alarm bells after this is over, assuming they remember him saying it. At least with Corvisquire gone, knowing at least some of the shit, it'll be VERY easy to see/notice psychic fuckery, especially given that not only would Corvisquire be going "What the fuck are you guys talking about" in response to fake memories, but Lee also sees a psychic therapist on the regular.

But yeah, Fucking with Legendaries, Bribery, Risking a Volcanic Eruption, Psychic-Type Abuses, and so on is just stacking on more and more crimes to Magma's ledger. And these guys are the vaguely more sane ones than Team "Hey let's raise the ocean level a bunch for the water-types! What? People live at sea level and will drown? Pfffft" Aqua.

2. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

... Honestly I think it would be super interesting if Maxie lost or even died here to Lee pulling out a desperate cheap shot, though obviously there's not much of a chance of that. I definitely feel like if he wins then Lee and Zinnia will never be able to beat him because he'll just put mental blocks on them acting against Magma or something like that. And then you can have the tension of Magma becoming desperate and furious while Aqua's leader learns from the cheap shot and takes more precautions.

Part of that interest might be that I really don't want to read a 'I had my mind fucked with and need to recover from that' arc, that'd really fucking suck.

3. Kalstorm22

Kalstorm22 Versed in the lewd.

Awesome chapter!

hillo315 likes this.
  4. Doomiseternal

Doomiseternal Not too sore, are you?

Congratulations you made me sad and pissed about this chapter…….I love it

hillo315 and Cosmic Rain like this.
  5. oguh

oguh Versed in the lewd.

I hope Brendan doesn't get out clean after this is over

Even if you were deceived, they a are still a terrorist organization

One of the problem I have with Pokemon is that nobody suffer any consequence beside the Original TR and Giovanni

6. Goldenrah

Goldenrah Well worn.

A kid raised by a regional professor should definitely know better. I feel so sorry for Lee and Birch, gonna be a rough few days.

7. DRedSand

DRedSand Getting out there.

Seconded, Brendan better have some actual consequence for his actions, no slap on a wrist oh by the power of friendship everything is better.

8. doomqwer

doomqwer Versed in the lewd.

Got here a little late but god damn did Brendan jump on the stupid train I mean what the fuck I mean the signs were there but god damn that kid is dumb ass.

Would have thought so to but you explained why they didnt earlier pretty well.
    Yeah I dont get what insanity is going through he head that he thinks betrayal is a good idea.
    Yeah I never understood why all of the teams think they can control a God, in the games you can wave some of that away with plot convenience but I dont know how anyone in the real pokemon world thinks thats gonna work out well for them.
    Yeah Brendan is not thinking and the fact that magma would just let them go unharmed is just being stupidly hopeful.
    Yeah this proves the maxie is pretty much a deranged sociopath if he is so nonchalant about mental tampering.

9. SuperHeavy

SuperHeavy Getting out there.

Boo Lee take the shot and start snapping necks, this guy is playing by big boy rules not a PG-13 anime.

10. Lintsais

Lintsais Making the rounds.

I really hope Brendan get accidentally killed, or at least suffer consequences like getting in jail and having trainer licence removed forever. Idiotic brat thinking with his dick

11. Eevee shadow bacon

Eevee shadow bacon You've met with an interesting fate, haven't you?

Because they are idiots that think they are above everyone else and can do whatever they want and not be wrong.

shinighoul6, hillo315, AB13 and 5 others like this.
  12. doomqwer

Yup I guess i really should never underestimate a stupid person.

13. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

Eh, that's par for the course, really. Standard Anime World Villain Hubris, and all that.

We don't know *exactly* what Courtney told him, and she got in there first with the "They don't trust you, but I do, see, I'm telling you my secret and they aren't telling you anything, they think you're too young and stupid to make your own choices", probably mixed with "Nobody will believe me, I'm the good guy here" as well as being the first to get across what Magma's """""real""""" goals are, in whatever light she wants to present them in.

Like, he's being a huge fuckin' moron here, but in a believable way given what we know thus far.

14. doomqwer

Agree I do hope he gets a serious reality check for this cause It wont feels right if he gets off with a slap on the wrist.

15. DawnsGate

DawnsGate Not too sore, are you?

Poor poor Corvi. He's been too Late before and it's going to happen again. I wonder which is going to be worse, Corvi's trauma after Lee ends up almost dieing next chapter, or Lee's Fire based trauma spiking through the roof having to fight Leader Maxi.

16. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

Is Brendan thinking with his dick or has he been mind controlled. The fact that the idiot with glasses called him out makes me think that.

17. SuperHeavy

SuperHeavy Getting out there.

I mean I have seen guys do some life threateningly stupid things for female attention in their teens, so perhaps 70% sex drive 30% mind control?

hillo315 and Tobi like this.
  18. Peacemaren

Peacemaren Know what you're doing yet?

I totally agree on all of your points, and it kind of brings up an interesting point to me; assuming Lee and Zinnia at least survive the fight, how do you figure this changes the journey after this, and how they start training to counter this kind of situation? I can't imagine there's going to much of a happy-go-lucky feel to the journey until this is all dealt with, because I can only see things esacalating in the worst way from here. The idea that there are terrorists out there who are not above manipulation, mind fuckery, and kickstarting the apocalypse would put a halt on everything if word gets out. I can't imagine people will want to travel around Hoenn knowing that this is happening, or even stay in Hoenn. I mean, I wouldn't feel comfortable with just going back to getting gym badges; I'd jump straight to catching Dark pokemon to counter psychics, get a Ghost for good measure, and then start devising strategies with lethal amounts of firepower so you can prepare for 2 gods duking it out with 2 dumbass gangs poking them with a stick.

19. Gforce1000

Yeah. Kind of a consequence of Magma being treated more seriously by the narrative is... well, now the narrative has to take them seriously. Can't really go back to that light-hearted tone until the enemy has been resolved.

I could also see something very interesting where Brennan has a change of heart and saves them by back-stabbing the Magma execs. Maybe that's why Ninetales was so conflicted? But yeah, seeing Courtney and Tabitha get their heads clonked together by Marshtomp before they can even get a pokemon out would be quite something. It would even still be a bit of a... not necessarily stupid, but reckless kid sort of move because it's him making a major escalation without considering the consequences because he's got to save his friends.

20. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

Makes sense he is a teenager. I also find it ironic. We just had a chapter a while ago about how he was going to clear his father’s name and make sure Lee will not have a troubled legacy.

Clearly joining a terrorist organisation that your mentor is warning you that they are going to commit genocide. By awakening an uncontrollable god. Is a great decision.

21. Extras: Act 2: Chapter 17(?)
    Fuggmann

Fuggmann Inventor of Sex 2

Want to support me? See https://www.patreon.com/fuggmann or https://subscribestar.adult/fuggmann. I have goals on there that help my writing along and make it a richer experience for everyone. As thanks for donating, patrons get to see updates a few days early and suggest edits to the final draft before it goes live. If you want to keep up-to-date on releases, use discord code hive-of-degeneracy and opt in to the fic-updates role for a ping.

Lee gives the taller man a hard stare. "Maxie… You're under arrest for suspected terrorist activities. Come quietly."

Maxie sighs. "Pity."

In a flash of movement, a pokeball is launched from his hand. The ball snaps open midair, and the air becomes sweltering, just like-!

With a gasp, Lee draws in a breath, one filled with searing hot dust. His abused lungs protest, and he coughs. To his alarm, he tastes the metallic tang of blood on his tongue, and something is pushing down on his chest. He blinks his eyes, but stars dance in his vision. His limbs are heavy and clumsy, and he finds that he cannot find purchase on the ground to stand

Confused, he tries to recall what the fuck just happened, but the memory won't surface. 'Ninetales, are you o-!'

Ninetales isn't there.

That special place within his mind, where his first pokemon made her claim over part of him, is gone. Not empty, but completely gone, as if there was never anything there.

The pain in his chest, throat, and eyes is completely forgotten, sidelined in favor of something infinitely more crushing.

Loneliness.

'W-Where is she?' The loneliness nearly transforms into panic, and the zoologist is forced to bite his own lip harshly to bring him back to somewhere lucid. Again and again, he gropes for that telepathic anchor leading him to his fox, but there is simply nothing there. 'Ninetales?'

"N-Ninetales?" He blindly calls between ragged breaths. "Nine? Love? I-I." He spits a globule of blood and saliva trying to slink down his throat. "I need your help, Nine…"

There is no reply.

The terrible feeling of being alone strikes him like a hammer blow. What happened to her? Where is she? Is she okay? Against his will, Lee begins to shake. He blinks the stars away from his eyes and tries frantically to rise, pushing the weight off of his chest. As his vision clears, he unsteadily stands and looks at what he just pushed off of himself. On the floor are wires, ductwork, and a broken drop ceiling tile.

"W-Wha?" Lee swallows the bile that rises in his throat, and once again instinctually reaches out for Ninetales, only to feel nothing once more. His whole body aches and his scars tingle. Idly raising a hand to his face, Lee recoils and bites back a scream.

His scars hurt! It's as if they are fresh burns once more! What the hell is going on?!

Lee allows his eyes to trail away from the bits of twisted metal he pushed off of himself. Slowly, he takes in his surroundings and the pit in his stomach only drops further, for he recognizes where he is.

The breakroom within his zoo.

The ceiling is partially collapsed, many of the tables and chairs are overturned, and the floor is littered with glass, blood, and bodies. Broken, burned, and mutilated bodies he can put names to.

The bile in Lee's gullet rises again, and this time he can't stop himself from bending over and being sick, making a mess on the floor. The vomit only irritates the burns he feels in his throat, which makes his hacking and coughing all the worse.

I've lost it. This is my brain flooding with hormones for a nice vision before I'm burned to ash. There is no other explanation.

The words he thought to himself on his first day in Hoenn rush back to him, and his stomach turns once more. 'No… No!' His hands rise to his head, his clawed fingers grasping his hair and threatening to pull it out. 'It was real! All of it was real! I was there for months! I became a trainer and everything! I even…!

Faces flash before Lee's eyes no matter how hard he squeezes them shut.

Nigel.

Brendan.

Zinnia.

Grovyle.

Corvisquire.

Shinx.

Octillery.

And…!

The serene, smiling face of a golden fox consumes him. Again, his mind reaches out for hers, desperate for reassurance, or anything at all.

Nothing responds.

Lee slowly raises his head, and turns his gaze to the broken window.

High above the landscape, a mushroom cloud framed with a fell, orange light slowly dissipates into the atmosphere. Lee realizes the ringing in his ears is beginning to subside, and he can hear aftershocks still rumbling the earth.

Uncaring of his own sick or the glass or the blood on the ground, Lee falls to his knees. "No…" He whispers, feeling his heart stop within his chest.

I've lost it. This is my brain flooding with hormones for a nice vision before I'm burned to ash. There is no other explanation.

None of them were ever real.

Ninetales was never real.

Listlessly, his hand slowly dips into his pocket, his fingers closing around his cell phone. Pulling the device out, it miraculously still powers on, though the screen is cracked. With thumb movements so practiced that they've become muscle memory, he opens his games and navigates to Pokemon Emerald.

There, in spot number one of his team, is a humble Vulpix, marked with a heart.

Something… just gives out. Whether it's his body or his spirit, Lee does not know, and does not care. He falls backwards to his back, uncaring of the glass and debris digging into him. Be it from a broken heart, radiation sickness, or something else, his limbs begin to grow cold, and his heart begins to slow.

As his vision begins to grow white, he swears he can see Ninetales staring down at him, concern on her face. 'Beloved?' She asks, and Lee swears he hears her voice.

His chilled lips curl into a smile. 'Nine, even if you weren't real, I still love you.'

Before his vision is overtaken, the phantasmal Ninetales leans down…

…And bites him right on the nose.

"Ow! Fuck!" Lee shoots up, rubbing his smarting nose. "What was that for?!" He blinks, suddenly realizing that he's somewhere else.

Gone is the broken, ruined zoo and all of the horror within. He's in a cozy, darkened bedroom, under snug covers and on a plush bed. Right next to him and sharing the covers, Ninetales stares at him with open concern, concern that he can feel through his soul-deep bond with her.

He's not alone…

Lee blinks, touching his face and his body, only to find nothing out of place. He falls back onto his sweat-soaked pillow and sighs in relief.

'Are you okay, Lee?' Ninetales asks, shuffling a little closer and gently touching her nose to his cheek. 'You were fidgeting and mumbling in your sleep. I'm sorry for the bite, but I couldn't wake you.'

'Just fine, Love,' Lee rises up on his elbows and smiles before pulling a surprised Ninetales into a one-armed hug. 'Hell, better than fine since I've got you here.'

The vixen smiles gently and nuzzles him in return before pulling away. 'If you had an unpleasant dream, I would be happy to—'She pauses when something shuffles in the covers between them. 'Good grief…' Ninetales sighs. 'She had just gotten to sleep, too.'

'She?' Lee wonders, lost. 'Who is—'

The head of a small, cranky-looking Vulpix pokes out from under the blankets. The little fox whines and looks between them.

'Return to slumber, O daughter,' Ninetales soothes the little kit, speaking both through her mouth and her mind. Ninetales leans down, nuzzling the kit tenderly and quieting her whines. 'Your father did not mean to wake you.'

'…Father?' Lee blinks and looks down at the Vulpix kit.

The little orange kit stares back up at him, heedless of Ninetales trying to coax her back into a sleeping position. It's just then that Lee realizes that his and the kit's eyes share the exact same shade of blue.

Lee's shoulders slump. "Okay, now this went too far in the other direction."

The Vulpix kit smiles at him, opens her muzzle, and says: "April Fools! Remember to update the thread mark so this isn't listed as a chapter tomorrow!"

Below are the names of some patrons who fell for this and felt like owning up to it. A huge thanks to them and everyone else who supports this story and everything else I write.

Sean T, TheGreatPapyroo, Paul McGlynn, Spice_King, Drakage, Spasminos, Cat, Emeraldleafeon, Superbuchi, Tezral, Renko Usami, HolyChomper, Regal Eagle, Peter D., Arcaryx, OmegaEntertainment, demonmonkey89, jokenn21, Emilowish, Sketchbeard, DNGDutchie, V, Dropkick_Actual, KessOrangesoda, MrPerson0, Berusella, Moonlit Chaser, Moxie, Kammight, Ranger, Purple Floof, Teatime42, AMeek, SilverRaptor, Thelon, TheTankiestTrain, Drew6, WiseKitsune, Omakehell, Himmel, Hazel Kings, Javidom, Nithalys, TitaniumPhoenix, Diana, SleepyKamo, GreenPhoenix Strongraider101, monoman335, speedyzman13, CMDR Dantae, Dicloniuslord, Vinohr, KingDeDeDe11, DJ Firefox, Rooker, Aegi ?!, Planicus-Planetivum-Planetius-Planinting the IVV, Green0Photon, Derpydude9001,

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    AmberSlime, AKrYlIcA, Retigh and 47 others like this.
  22. Yakubi42

Yakubi42 Sleepy Guy

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

hillo315, Dukem, Fijili and 1 other person like this.
  23. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

Damn you got me.

24. shinighoul6

shinighoul6 Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]
    I know OP said it wasn't gonna happen, BUT LEE AND NINETAILS ARE BEST OTP TO ME DAMMIT. I CAN DREAM FOR WHAT COULD'VE BEEN!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  25. NooneImportant

NooneImportant Know what you're doing yet? Because I don't!

Well if we're making this joke...

"There once were Pokémon that became very close to humans..
    There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.
    It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two." - Canalave Library, Sinnoh. Official English Release (Censored)

"There once were Pokémon that married people.
    There once were people who married Pokémon.
    This was a normal thing because long ago people and Pokémon were the same." - Canalave Library, Sinnoh. Translated from the Original Japanese Release (Uncensored)

26. Morphile

Morphile Versed in the lewd.

The only reason I'm actually sure this is an April Fools instead of a poorly-foreshadowed piece of Claydoll mindfuck is that it's under Extras, not "main" threadmarks. Putting so much emphasis on mental manipulation right before a non-sequitur was probably not the best idea.

Edit: And yes, I noticed the last line. This would not be the first time.

Winged One and hillo315 like this.
  27. ZacSunTiBidea

ZacSunTiBidea Worker of Words and Worlds

My wife (who hasn't actually read the story, but likes the dramatizing I do for some of the best parts):

"No. This is canon now. The vulpix's name is Mizuki and you can't get rid of her."

So, ah...
    Very well done sideswipe, Fugg! You got a cute-crit over here.

28. shinighoul6

shinighoul6 Versed in the lewd.

Same, Mizuki is also canon to me now Fuggman!
    No takebacksies!

29. Gforce1000

Ah yes, the critical error of creating an omake daughteru and saying she's non-canon. Fuggman, you poor fool.

30. yugo

yugo Not too sore, are you?

Now we are going to wait and press for it to be canon!!!