1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Journey

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by tEN, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which region is your character from?

1. Kanto

33.3%
  2. Johto

11.1%
  3. Hoenn

7.4%
  4. Sinnoh

18.5%
  5. Unova

18.5%
  6. Kalos

7.4%
  7. Orre

3.7%
  8. Fiore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Almia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Oblivia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Hello all, and welcome to the interest thread for a Pokémon RP I am planning to run on the forum. Roleplay elements, most battles against wild pokémon, and certain puzzle battles will take place in the IC thread once I make one. All other battles will use a web battling program. I haven't settled on one yet, as I have multiple options, and I want to consider them carefully.

The game will PROBABLY take place in a slightly expanded Unova and outlying areas (think the difference between Kanto in the original games and later generations.). If for some reason I do not pick Unova, it will be because I have gone totally crazy and decided to make my own region.

Each player will start with a single unevolved pokemon. By default, I am saying that if it has a 35% or higher encounter rate, you can pick it. Your character's home is relatively close to the place it can be found at the indicated encounter rate. All players will also start at the professor's lab, to become registered, or to get their registration in the system for Unova, if they're foreign.

If you are from Unova, that means you have a home you can go to, and, when you register, you may have a chance to get one of the Unova starters. Depending on how many people are from Unova, I may have different rules regarding the how. If you are not from Unova, you do not have a chance to get a traditional starter, you do not have a home you can return to easily, your first pokemon will start at a slightly higher level, and you will need to reference your map often.

Now, I said "by default", so exceptions: If you want to roll a d100, you can change that rate ONCE. If you get a 72, too bad. If you get a 100, I will consider that a 00, and you may even pick things with fractional encounter rates, or things that show up on specific squares, like feebas. If you want something from the dream radar or suchlike, ask me about it specifically and I will probably say yes. If you want something that can be purchased, I will consider the price, deduct something from your starting cash, and send you on your way. If you want something that is supposedly everywhere by fluff but in practice can only be found by doing some specific action like headbutting a tree or breaking a rock and therefor does not have an encounter rate, let me know what you want and how you get it. If it or an evolved form of it can be found in a safari zone, including a friend safari, you can pick the least evolved form as a starter if you are from the town that safari zone is attached to, even if the encounter rate is below your limit.

If you think I missed something, and you have a good reason for picking a pokémon these rules don't let you start with, let me know.

My current plan is to run the game in the SFW section, but if I hear enough support for putting the game in the NSFW section, I will. Please be aware either way that I am not running the game with the intention of it being NSFW. If your character is too young, I will ignore any requests to move to the nsfw section.

Unova pokemon are level 5, all others are level seven. You may have a hidden ability OR one egg move, which is subject to approval.

Name: Your Name
    Bio: Where did you come from?
    Appearance: What do you look like?
    Starter: Who is your best friend?
    Met: Where did your starter come from?
    Home: Where is your home, exactly?
    Egg Move: The egg move you want.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Epsilon likes this.
  2. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Name: Morgana Marah

Bio: A well to do family in Mistralton City. Mercantile household, largely dealing in wholesale retail, and shipping via air.

Appearance: Fit and well proportioned, with luxurious long dark hair. She, however, was never very popular with the boys or other girls in town, because of her obsession with ghost and dark type pokemon. Which was considered 'weird' and 'not cute' despite how adorable Litwick and Sandile are. Kayle, her sister, was the apple of everyone's eye though. That bright, sanctimonious Psychic and fighting type obsessed bitch. *Grumble Grumble*

[​IMG]

Starter: Cerise, a female Litwick. (Modest in Nature, and Flash Fire as an ability)

Met: When Noir was little and at the funeral for her mother's Chansey (died from age) when she spotted a few Litwicks and a Chandelure, and fell in love with the cute ghost-fire types. Her family has since then procured a properly bred Litwick for her to use on her journey.

Home: Mistralton City.

Edit: some formatting and a bit more on Cerise. Edit 2: Added a pic Edit 3: Last Name

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Name: Azure Gormin

Bio: Now, just let me get this out. I did not get ran out of town by Gym Leader Koga. No one can prove that. I merely am taking my gap year out here in the motherland. I'm certainly not waiting on him to cool down before I go back home. I'm not afraid of him at all. On the other hand his spiders, I might be afraid of what his spiders will do to me. So here I am. Going out to do the gym challenge here in Unova.

To be honest the real reason I'm here is to qualify as a Gym Leader. You have to win the Gym Challenge and beat at least one member of the Elite 4. I decided to come here both to visit my grandmother and qualify here. Janine's still cute however.

Home: Fuschia City
      Appearance:
      [​IMG]

• LVL: 7
        Starter: The Shadow that Flies. Or the Darkness that Flaps? Something like that anyways. I just call him Bruce.
        Met: I was walking along one day, minding my own business right? Just walking walking along outside of the Gym. I wasn't doing anything wrong. Certainly wasn't inside the gym right? Can't sneak up on a Ninja if you know what I mean. So I just found this Zubat in a ball somewhere. I did not steal it right off Janine's belt. Nor did she catch me and have her wicked way with my frail frail body.

"Hey Janine, I'm going to Unova for gap year. Do you have Zubat I could use?"

Nature: Jolly
        Ability: Infiltrator
        Moves:
        Leech Life
        Supersonic
        Astonish

• Something

• This

• something

• something will be here

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Name: Quan
    Bio: Born and raised in Nimbasa city. Many kids travelling as tourists with theirs parents called you lucky to live in the 'coolest city in the world' but for you, it was simply home. While others marvelled at the sights, shows and lights, those were your everyday life. So the magic faded a bit for you.

As the saying go, the grass is greener on the other side. While others envied you for living here, you longed to see the country and to experience the quiet of nature. And once you were sure of what you wanted, the way to get it was obvious to you: Become a Pokémon trainer.

Rather laid back from an overdose of excitement from living in Nimbasa.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Without the dog and sword, of course.

Starter: Joltik (Webber)
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Strign Shot
    Leech Life
    Spider Web
    Thunder Wave
    Pursuit

Met: It was at an event organized by the Gym for aspiring trainers. Given Joltik is part Electric type, he was one of the Pokemon presented here.

You were a fair bit older than the average teenager here, so it wasn't exactly hard to be approved as a new trainer. But hey, the great thing with pokémon is that you can start at any age, so long as you know what you're doing.

Some found it odd that you went for a Joltik, but then you were a sucker for fuzzy. Then it went and acted shy when you looked at it from closer and you knew it was the one for you.

Your younger sister was far less happy about it since she was never good with bugs, but she'll get over it. Once she forgive you for putting webber on her head as a surprise anyway.

Home: Nimbasa City.

Egg Move: Pursuit.

5. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

Interest!

6. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

Name: Senmei
    Bio: Senmei comes from Ecruteak City, in Johto. A peaceful and a beautiful city, he grew up next to the famed Kimono Girls, under the shadow of Bell Tower. A city rife with folk tales and stories, he grew up with the old tales and myths as every child in Ecruteak did. Unlike most, however, these tales fascinated him, and he spent most of his childhood memorizing them. Though he considered studying under Morty, a man much like himself who was enthralled by the lore of old, he eventually decided to simply travel the world and learn more about these myths and legends, and maybe find out if any are true. Taking his trusty growlithe, Kaen, he set out for the wide world, devoting most of his time to study and research rather than training. Recently, he has arrived in Unova and has come to realize that if he truly wishes to make progress, he must sharpen his skills as a trainer.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Starter: Kaen the Growlithe
    Met: Route 37, south of Ecruteak, when Kaen was a pup and Senmei was a child.
    Home: Ecruteak City
    Egg Move: Morning Day

7. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I am interested, but am on vacation and cannot do text intensive things now.
    gibbousmoons rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 5
    Rolled on: May-21-2016, 06:51pm

8. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

• Kathleen J. Black

[​IMG]
      Bio: Kathleen's family owns a small ranch on the suburbs of Virbank city, where she was raised as a hard-working girl. She didn't leave for her Pokemon Adventure when she was younger, instead deciding to stay on the ranch to help and further her education.

One night though, Kathleen found a small cute Ralts sleeping on the barn, surrounded by food crumbs from some of the Pokemon feed. Oddly enough, the Ralts didn't run away when they noticed each other's presence.

Kathleen named the Ralts Eirene.

Slowly, a friendship formed until Eirene decided to be captured. And thus now, with her Pokemon at her side, Kathleen decided she wanted to visit the world!

Every single one of her friends had left and traveled through Unova, some of them even to other regions! And most of them settled in other cities to boot! And now, it was time for her to go to the cities! To have adventures! To meet her soul-mate and finally get a boyfriend!

What she did not expect was to find that Eirene was male after visiting the Pokemon Center. Oops.

Well, at least he liked the name.

Starter: Ralts ♂
      Met: Dream Caster
      Home: Virbank City

• Ralts ♂ lv. 5
        [​IMG]
        ABILITY: Telepathy
        NATURE: Timid
        --- Confusion
        --- Growl

9. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

So 5% encounter rate of greater. I'll think about it.

10. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

I wish I knew pokemon better than I do... Ah well, that's what wikis are for.

Name: Faith Smith
    Bio: She worked and studied for several years to better understand her spiritual friend. She's coming to Unova to see if she can learn anything helpful from Shauntal(if she know about Phoebe's abilities she wouldn't have gone, but she's read too many of the former's books to not know of her).
    [​IMG]
    Starter: Shuppet, gentle nature, insomnia, male
    Met: While visiting a grave that housed her father's houndoom in Mt. Pyre, a small purple blur shot out from behind a grave, nearly tackling Faith to the ground. She was immediately taken with the ghostly puppet.
    Home: Lilycove City
    Egg Move: Shadow Sneak

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  11. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Remember. If you're from Unova, your pokémon is level five and you get a bunch of subtle benefits for being local. If you come from another part of the world your pokémon is level seven and there are a bunch of subtle drawbacks. Nobody who lives in Unova has a level seven pokémon.

12. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I'm thinking of a Emolga. Does that seems like a waste of a 5, to those with more Pokemon experience.

13. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

ehhhh.

It's not amazing. Lots of resistances and decent base stats, but no evolutions or megas. It's movepool is also fairly weak, esp. when you don't bring in TMs.

All in all it's not terrible, but there are better pokemon even of the same typing that you can get.

14. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

What would you recommend, then?

15. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

What typing do you want?

16. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I'm unsure. Psychic seems overdone, and I don't want to deal with the side effects of fire or pure poison. Normal and fighting types are a little boring too.

I'm a casual Pokemon player. I really only know the basic types. I might go for Mawile, but it looks much weaker in gen 5. Another option is Murkrow.

17. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

... Mawile is pure murder, especially if you get the Megastone.
    What kind of gameplay do you like?

18. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Wait. Are we using gen 6? I got the impression we're using gen 5 from somewhere but can't remember where. If it's 6 I'm going Mawile.

19. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

We're using a web battler running on gen 6 rules. The game is set in the gen 5 region.

20. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

If you want a lot of variety in 1 pokemon, I'd go rotom. Mawile is a great pokemon though.

21. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Right. One of Mawile's basic level one moves is Play Rough. Can I get a call on whether or not I can use that?

22. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Play Rough and Iron Head are actually not level one moves; they're level ZERO moves. Somewhere inside their heads is locked an instinctive knowledge of how to use those moves that they can't access without help, like the move recaller, or an incredibly stressful situation.

23. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I see. So Mawile's natural level one moves are Taunt, Growl, Fairy Wind, and Astonish. At level five it gets Fake Tears.

24. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Precisely.

25. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

What about TM/HMs?

26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

They can be found or bought over the course of the game.

Also, I said this in the IRC, so I'll repeat it here. Forgetting moves so you only know four doesn't make sense. Instead, I am ruling that sanctioned league matches dictate that you use no more than six pokemon with no more than four moves each. So when you build your team in the program I will select, you use four of the moves your pokemon knows. For regular tooling around, fighting wild mons, and traveling purposes, you can use whatever. This also means you don't need an HM mule.

vyor likes this.
  27. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

So my shuppet has knock off, screech, nightshade, and shadow sneak?

28. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Contemplating joining in, testing luck for rarity.
    Chibi-Reaper rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 26
    For: rarity luck
    Rolled on: May-22-2016, 04:21am

vyor likes this.
  29. Dubious

Dubious Versed in the lewd.

Imma just plop this here to see what roll I get for rarity.
    Dubious rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 49
    For: Rarity of Pokemon
    Rolled on: May-22-2016, 07:55am

30. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Painful.