1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Grey Version (OOC)

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by tEN, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Hello all, and welcome to the OOC and resource thread.

It took a lot of thinking, and considering, and I apologize to the people I had to cut, but as I can only handle six players, It took a long time to make this decision.

If you were not selected, I may still be able to let you play later, depending on how things go.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Threadmarks: Places of Interest
    tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Nuvema Town. A wonderful place to start a journey, for this was where Professor Aurea Juniper, who sponsored new trainers, had her lab. Oh, Professor Sumac would handle registration, so foreign trainers could just as easily go to her, but it was Professor Juniper who would give untested trainers new pokemon to prove their way with, and so it was she that was remembered, and as a result even most trainers who just needed to register with a pokemon they already had would go to Juniper over Sumac. Besides, sometimes, as with today, she would give new trainers who already had a pokemon of their own an extra starter from her family's ranch.

Accumula Town is a tiny little concrete town with a pokecenter, a few houses, a pokemart, a little park with a couple benches and bushes, a train station, and nothing else. Route 2 continues to the north, with Route 1 to the south.

3. Threadmarks: Encyclopedia
    tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Pokeballs are small devices which contain a virtual living space which adapts itself to the physiology of the pokemon registered to it. Through the application of special stickers with data chips in them, the details of this space can be changed.

Premier Balls are the simplest pokeball, both inside and out. They generally contain a rough cot, a toilet, and not much else. Due to their blank slate nature, premier balls see a greater change from stickers than any other type of ball.

Standard Balls are a slight step up, containing a place to sit and a bath or shower as well.

Flame stickers add a warm area to relax, like a sauna.

Water stickers add a large soaker tub, or an air pocket, depending on whether the living space is flooded.

Leaf stickers add a tree or two and some flowering plants. It's not entirely unusual for these to turn the sleeping space into a hammock as well.
    While there's no rule against having as many pokémon with you as you want, in official league sanctioned matches, you can only use six. Most people don't want to keep pokémon they can't devote their attention to with them, so they make arrangements for the ones they're not actively training.

"By default, if you have six and you catch another, your dex will send your newest catch to a designated location. You can turn that up, turn it off, or even turn it down. I wouldn't recommend that last one, though. There's four options in Unova for where to send your pokémon. You can send them to your home, you can send them to my lab, you can send them to Amanita's PC, or you can send them to Professor Sumac's manor. I'm afraid that if you don't have a permanent place of residence in Unova you really only have three choices. If you send them here, I can take care of six pokemon, completely free of charge, and still take the time to give them some attention every day. It's not many, but they'll be in good hands.

"If you send them to the PC, you can store thirty for free, and pay a minor fee for each additional thirty spots, so to speak, but they'll just be living in their ball at a secure location, rather than really being taken care of. As for Professor Sumac, she runs a facility in the City of Northeast, where she has space for as many pokémon as you care to send her, however, given that she allows all of the pokémon on her estate to socialize freely, she does reserve the right to refuse service to any particular pokémon at any time. Please let me know if you have any questions."

4. Threadmarks: Shoplisting
    tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Shop:
    Standard Ball - 200
    Great Ball - 600
    Ultra Ball - 1200
    Potion - 300
    Super Potion - 700
    Hyper Potion - 1200
    Max Potion - 2500
    Full Restore - 3000
    Revive - 1500
    Antidote - 100
    Paralyze Heal - 200
    Awakening - 250
    Burn Heal - 250
    Ice Heal - 250
    Full Heal - 600
    Escape Rope - 550
    Repel - 350
    Super Repel - 500
    Max Repel - 700
    Repeat Ball - 1000
    Nest Ball - 1000
    Quick Ball - 1000
    Assorted Stationary - 50
    One Person Tent - 800
    Two Person Tent - 1000
    Travel Rations - 50
    Canteen - 300
    Collar - 400

Train Tickets:
    Striaton City - 75 - 125 Round Trip
    Nacrene City - 100 - 175 Round Trip
    Castelia City - 125 - 200 Round Trip
    Nimbasa City - 150 - 225 Round Trip
    Transfer Pass - 175 - 250 Round Trip

5. Threadmarks: Dramatis personæ
    tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Dramatis personæ

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. Threadmarks: Kathleen
    Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

• Kathleen J. Black

[​IMG]
      Bio: Kathleen's family owns a small ranch on the suburbs of Virbank city, where she was raised as a hard-working girl. She didn't leave for her Pokemon Adventure when she was younger, instead deciding to stay on the ranch to help and further her education.

One night though, Kathleen found a small cute Ralts sleeping on the barn, surrounded by food crumbs from some of the Pokemon feed. Oddly enough, the Ralts didn't run away when they noticed each other's presence.

Kathleen named the Ralts Eirene.

Slowly, a friendship formed until Eirene decided to be captured. And thus now, with her Pokemon at her side, Kathleen decided she wanted to visit the world!

Every single one of her friends had left and traveled through Unova, some of them even to other regions! And most of them settled in other cities to boot! And now, it was time for her to go to the cities! To have adventures! To meet her soul-mate and finally get a boyfriend!

What she did not expect was to find that Eirene was male after visiting the Pokemon Center. Oops.

Well, at least he liked the name.

Starter: Ralts ♂
      Met: Dream Caster
      Home: Virbank City

• Eirene (Ralts) (M)
      Ability: Telepathy
      Level: 7
      Timid Nature
      IVs: 0 Atk
      - Growl
      - Confusion
      -
      -
      Demeter (Snivy) (M)
      Ability: Overgrow
      Level: 8
      Hasty Nature
      - Tackle
      - Leer
      - Vine Whip
      -
      Cerberus (Lillipup) (F)
      Ability: Pickup
      Level: 7
      Lonely Nature
      - Tackle
      - Leer
      - Odor Sleuth
      -
      Zephyros (Blitzle) (F)
      Ability: Sap Sipper
      Level: 6
      Shiny: Yes
      Quirky Nature
      - Quick Attack
      -
      Feng-huan (Fletchling) (M)
      Ability: Gale Wings
      Level: 5
      Hasty Nature
      - Tackle
      - Growl
      -

• 1000 ¥

2-Potion

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  7. Threadmarks: Azure
    Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Name: Azure Gormin

Bio: Now, just let me get this out. I did not get ran out of town by Gym Leader Koga. No one can prove that. I merely am taking my gap year out here in the motherland. I'm certainly not waiting on him to cool down before I go back home. I'm not afraid of him at all. On the other hand his spiders, I might be afraid of what his spiders will do to me. So here I am. Going out to do the gym challenge here in Unova.

To be honest the real reason I'm here is to qualify as a Gym Leader. You have to win the Gym Challenge and beat at least one member of the Elite 4. I decided to come here both to visit my grandmother and qualify here. Janine's still cute however.

Home: Fuschia City
      Appearance:
      [​IMG]

• [​IMG]
        LVL: 10
        Starter: The Shadow that Flies. Or the Darkness that Flaps? Something like that anyways. I just call him Bruce.
        Met: I was walking along one day, minding my own business right? Just walking walking along outside of the Gym. I wasn't doing anything wrong. Certainly wasn't inside the gym right? Can't sneak up on a Ninja if you know what I mean. So I just found this Zubat in a ball somewhere. I did not steal it right off Janine's belt. Nor did she catch me and have her wicked way with my frail frail body.

"Hey Janine, I'm going to Unova for gap year. Do you have Zubat I could use?"

Nature: Jolly
        Ability: Infiltrator
        Moves:
        Leech Life
        Supersonic
        Astonish
      • [​IMG]
        LVL: 11
        Tucker Long: The Junkyard Lillipup
        Met: I was walking along and then I was ambushed by a horde of puppies. Yeah that's pretty much it.
        He's a motherfucking Pupper and don't you forget it.
        Nature: Adamant
        Ability: Pick Up
        Moves:
        Leer
        Tackle
        Odor Sleuth
        Bite
        Baby Doll Eyes

• A reward from the daycare man. Who knows what it will hatch into?

• [​IMG]
        Claire: The Shiny Ninja Plant
        LVL: 5
        Met: I was hunting for berries when this gluttonous pidgeon decided to eat all the berries. Then I got mad and had Bruce beat it up. And traded it away cause it was a pain. And then I got this adorable fellow.
        Nature:Quirky
        Ability:Infiltrator
        Moves:
        Silver wind
        Synthesis
        Tickle

• 600 Pokedollas

• Potion x2
        Oran Berries x2
        Razz Berry x1

• Pokeball x3

• BM5:Tickle

• Pokedex
        Phone item
        Skateboard and Equipment
        Ankle Length Sky Blue Dress > Azure Dress Ha, ha.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Epsilon likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Morgana
    Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

• Name: Morgana Marah

Bio: Daughter of a small shipping company in Mistralton City, Morgana never really wanted for anything. But as small a city as Mistralton is, you get up to shenanigans, and Morgana is not naive to the ways of promiscuous boys or girls.

Having also been a runner for her parents within the city, Morgana is not naive to work either.

Despite all of those shenanigans, Morgana was always thought of as the 'weird girl' for her favourite pokemon types of Ghost and Dark. And while Morgana would put out, her sister shining sister Kayle was the one everyone wanted to 'get with.'

They'd probably decide differently if they found out the aloof Kayle was a massive, self-righteous, sanctimonious, bitch.

Wanting to get away from Kayle and the City where she is the 'dark, weird hot chick' is what lead her to going on her pokemon journey.

Appearance:
      [​IMG]

• Cerise the Litwick (Female) Lv. 9
      [​IMG]
      Nature: Modest
      Ability: Flash Fire
      Held Item: Blue Scarf
      Moves:
      • Ember
      • Astonish
      • Minimize
      • Smog
      • Acid Armor
      • Fire Spin

Brooke the Oshawott (Female) Lv. 8
      [​IMG]
      Nature: Brave
      Ability: Torrent
      Held Item:
      Moves:
      • Tackle
      • Tail Whip
      • Water Gun

Chien the Lillipup (Male) Lv. 6
      [​IMG]
      Ability: Vital Sense
      Held Item:
      Moves:
      • Leer
      • Tackle
      • Odor Sleuth

Leonne the Purrloin (Female) Lv. 8
      [​IMG]
      Nature: Naughty
      Ability: Limber
      Held Item:
      Moves:
      • Yawn
      • Scratch
      • Growl
      • Assist

Cerise (Litwick) (F)
      Ability: Flash Fire
      Level: 9
      Modest Nature
      - Acid Armor
      - Astonish
      - Ember
      - Smog
      Oshawott (F)
      Ability: Torrent
      Brave Nature
      - Tail Whip
      - Tackle
      - Water Gun
      -
      Chien (Lillipup) (M)
      Ability: Vital Spirit
      Level: 6
      Jolly Nature
      - Leer
      - Tackle
      - Odor Sleuth
      -
      Leonne (Purrloin) (F)
      Ability: Limber
      Naughty Nature
      - Yawn
      - Scratch
      - Assist
      - Growl

• Money: 400 P
      Key Items:
      - One Person Tent (space for two if cuddling)
      - Train ticket to Lantern Town
      HMs/TMs
      -None
      Items
      - Potion (x3)
      - Pokeball (x3)
      - Rations (x2)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  9. Threadmarks: Faith
    vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

• Faith Smith
      [​IMG]
      Bio: She worked and studied for several years to better understand her spiritual friend. She's coming to Unova to see if she can learn anything helpful from Shauntal(if she know about Phoebe's abilities she wouldn't have gone, but she's read too many of the former's books to not know of her).

Starter: Shuppet
      Met: While visiting a grave that housed her father's houndoom in Mt. Pyre, a small purple blur shot out from behind a grave, nearly tackling Faith to the ground. She was immediately taken with the ghostly puppet.

Home: Lilycove City

• Level: 10
        ABILITY: Insomnia
        NATURE: Gentle
        --- Knock Off
        --- Screech
        --- Night Shade
        --- Shadow Sneak
        -Spite

• Level: 6
        ABILITY: Run Away
        NATURE: Adamant
        --- Leer
        --- Tackle

• Level: 7
        Ability: Frisk
        --- Tackle
        --- Confuse Ray
        --- Astonish

• Money: 0
      x4 Potion
      x3 Traveling Rations
      N/A
      x2 Pokeballs
      x1 Canteen

I yoinked the thing from anon.

Not giving it back :p

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  10. Threadmarks: Quan
    Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

• Quan

Appearance:
      [​IMG]
      Without the dog and sword, of course.

Bio: Born and raised in Nimbasa city. Many kids travelling as tourists with theirs parents called you lucky to live in the 'coolest city in the world' but for you, it was simply home. While others marvelled at the sights, shows and lights, those were your everyday life. So the magic faded a bit for you.

As the saying go, the grass is greener on the other side. While others envied you for living here, you longed to see the country and to experience the quiet of nature. And once you were sure of what you wanted, the way to get it was obvious to you: Become a Pokémon trainer.

Rather laid back from an overdose of excitement from living in Nimbasa.

Home: Nimbasa City.

• [​IMG]

Level: 11
        Male
        Nature: Timid
        Ability: Compoundeyes

String Shot
        Leech Life
        Spider Web
        Thunder Wave
        Pursuit
        Screech

Contest stats:
        Coolness: 3/100
        Beauty: 3/100
        Cuteness: 3/100
        Cleverness: 3/100
        Toughness: 3/100

Met: It was at an event organized by the Gym for aspiring trainers. Given Joltik is part Electric type, he was one of the Pokemon presented here.

You were a fair bit older than the average teenager here, so it wasn't exactly hard to be approved as a new trainer. But hey, the great thing with pokémon is that you can start at any age, so long as you know what you're doing.

Some found it odd that you went for a Joltik, but then you were a sucker for fuzzy. Then it went and acted shy when you looked at it from closer and you knew it was the one for you.

Your younger sister was far less happy about it since she was never good with bugs, but she'll get over it. Once she forgive you for putting webber on her head as a surprise anyway.

• [​IMG]

Level: 12
        Male
        Nature: Hardy
        Ability: Blaze

Tackle
        Tail Whip
        Ember
        Odor Sleuth

Contest stats:

• [​IMG]

Level: 10
        Female
        Nature: Timid
        Ability: Own Tempo

Absorb
        Growth
        Leech Seed
        Sleep Powder

Contest stats:

• [​IMG]

Level: 11
        Female
        Nature: Careful
        Ability: Pickup

Tackle
        Agility
        Leer
        Quick Attack
        Rototiller
        Double Slap

• [​IMG]

Level: 9
        Female
        Nature: Calm
        Ability: Water Absorb

Bubble
        Water Sport
        Absorb
        Night Shade

• 5398 pokédollars

1 Potion
      1 Friend Ball
      1 Antidote
      1 Repel

10 Oran Berries

-----

1 One Person Tent
      1 Canteen
      1 Travel Rations
      Enough food for one week
      Cooking pack for camping: a camp stove, pan, pot, mess kit, percolator, cookbook, soap, dishcloth, and spare propane tank

A pack of eight sausages, a bag of eight buns, two onions, a large can of chili, and a block of cheese.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  11. Threadmarks: Aquamarine
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

• Aquamarine
      [​IMG]

Bio: Orphan of Snowpoint City, and very familiar with the cold. Remains aloof in a way that suggests an ordinary difficulty trusting others and forming attachments due to this 'tragic past', but is in actuality simply lazy and apathetic towards many things.

Life in the orphanage was actually fairly pleasant and ordinary. And boring. Would entertain himself with long walks outside of town or through the ancient Snowpoint temple, both of which were against the rules on a basis of danger. Which made them a little exciting. Found Sneasel almost immediately after hatching in the temple, and walked right back out with her. The excuse given was 'She followed me home'. Didn't bother asking about keeping her, just kept things quiet. Once the adults realized that Sneasel was there, she'd more or less become a fixture already.

Post-orphanage, lived in a small rented studio apartment, and won a cruise vacation in a raffle while shopping for groceries. Spent some time in Unova, but misread the departure dates and arrived to board the day after the ship set back out to sea.

"I guess we live here now, then."

• Sneasel Lv. 8
        [​IMG]
        Type: Dark/Ice
        Sex: Female
        Ability: Keen Eye
        Nature: Naughty
        Moveset:
        -Scratch
        -Leer
        -Taunt
        -Ice Shard
        Quick Attack

• Smoochum Lv. 6
        [​IMG]
        Type: Ice/Psychic
        Sex: Female
        Ability: Hydration
        Nature: Rash
        Moveset:
        -Pound
        -Lick

• Feebas Lv. 6
        IMG
        Type: Water
        Sex: Male
        Ability: Adaptability
        Nature: Modest
        Moveset:
        -Splash
        -Dragon Breath

• Potion x2
        Antidote x3
        Travel Rations x2

• Pokeball x1
      • -
      • -
      • $P 1200

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Epsilon likes this.
  12. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

vyor likes this.
  13. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Everybody is going to start with 1000 pokédollars, and two potions.

Chibi-Reaper and vyor like this.
  14. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Cash money, baybee.

15. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Am at work. Am on phone. Was rushing earlier. Meant to take pokeballs.

16. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Those poor dogs don't stand a ghost of a chance.

sorry, I started then saw no reason to stop.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  17. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

How are we going to rape fight the doggies?

18. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Spam knockoff here :p

19. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

No, no. I mean, what kind of system?

20. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

No clue!

21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Chibi-Reaper
    For when you arrive... Well, there are puppies available to pick. If you want one anyway.

vyor likes this.
  22. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Anon̦̦
    Well, Chibi declined. You know what to do.

vyor likes this.
  23. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

\[T]/ PRAISE THE SUN!

24. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Bailey Matutine

Can we assume we each have the C-Gear for communications?

vyor and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  25. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Everyone has a communication and organization device, whether that be a C-Gear or some other equivalent.

Sorry about the delay; this week has been hellish, and last night, when I thought I could finally post from the airport, the airport wifi didn't work. Anyways, my weekend is going much better, and I've met with a promising officiant and have plans to meet a photographer tomorrow and a caterer Monday before I fly home.

A Transfer Pass is a ticket to Nimbasa which gives you a discount on a ticket to a destination on another branch. Tickets are 50 PD plus 25 per stop, plus 75 for round trip. A transfer pass costs an extra 25, and if you give the stub to the ticket agent in Nimbasa, you get a 50 PD discount.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Lillipups
    Latewave: Pickup, Jolly or Adamant, M
    Anon: Pickup, Hardy or Relaxed, F
    Vyor: Run Away, Adamant or Serious, F
    Skitzy: Vital Spirit, Relaxed or Jolly, M
    Anon: Vital Spirit, Serious or Hardy, F

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  27. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Pickup for the one I'm keeping~

28. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

29. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

heh, the name is great.

30. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Can I get a soundoff on who's going to bed and wants an update for it to be tomorrow morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.