1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Archeo Lumiere

Archeo Lumiere Making the rounds.

Soviet frog works for a company that is Nazis about their payments? Why am I not surprised. Almost had an interesting typo there.

kinglugia and TheOtherSandman like this.
  2. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

It pays, that's all I care.

We do try to work with the people as much as we can, and they do get a lot of grace time, but there's a limit on how many months can go by before Insurance Companies start going "Hey, where's our money". We deal with people who were at fault in a car accident and didn't have insurance.

kinglugia, Archeo Lumiere and Priapus like this.
  3. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I am laughing my ass off right now over the early Christmas present known as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I'm remember, even though I like the series, how much I mocked RWBY by making Naruto references about the season finally. That pales in comparison to the mocking I will unleash upon the Harry Potter series thanks to the play

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Subrosian Smithy and kinglugia like this.
  4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Elaborate plz?

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  5. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

So here's a link for spoilers for part 2 of the play. But what I'm mocking is
    The fact that Delphi the daughter of Bellatrix and Voldemort and has blue-silver hair. There's also rumors that say she is an Augury which is a magical bird creature and that allows her to grow wings and fly I kind of doubt that though. But the the thing about her hair reminds me of My Immortal so I'm going to be mocking that. A lot of the play just sounds like a bad fanfic.

6. notmi

notmi Super Koala God Super Koala

That's the one where Voldemort travels through time just to fuck someone's mom, right?

Priapus and Nanimani like this.
  7. Emdemian

Emdemian A refined lady of the Inner court

Have you heard of AnimeLab? Its a Crunchyroll equivalent that specifically services Australia and New Zealand (its based in Victoria). Its another way of getting legal anime down under. You can make a free account and start watching, here's the comparison between free and paid.

AngelicKnight. and notmi like this.
  8. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

I love you.

9. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I mentioned the cold to someone on the phone before remembering that they're in Queensland and their house is full of water. Now I feel bad.

10. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

Don't. As callous as it is for me to say this, we knew the risks when we decided to build a portion of our cities on flood plains. Just because someone else is suffering doesn't mean your suffering isn't important too. It's not a race to rock bottom.

AngelicKnight. and Nanimani like this.
  11. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Yeah, I know all that (IIRC, the floods have actually become somewhat worse/more frequent with global warming, though). Still, it made me feel a bit silly given that the cold is bearable. Honestly, the biggest issue I was having was a loss of manual dexterity, and even that was easily fixable once I noticed it and turned my heater on.

AngelicKnight. and Nanimani like this.
  12. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

Eh. We'll deal with it. We always have. The drought made us a little lazy with our flood protections. Now that it's more or less over, we need to get switched on again before people die. It's that simple.

AngelicKnight. and Priapus like this.
  13. Xehanort

Xehanort The OG Mansex

As someone who lives in the Netherlands where the water is actively trying to kill you 24/7, I can highly recommend building dikes. Or poldering the water away. That works wonders too. Like that time we dammed off our inland sea, turned it into a lake and built another province inside it.

Nanimani and Priapus like this.
  14. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I strongly suspect that by the end of the century the Netherlands are going to stop being "the place with all the dikes" and become "the place which built dikes before they were cool".

AngelicKnight. and Priapus like this.
  15. Xehanort

Xehanort The OG Mansex

Most likely. Although we could also be "Atlantis 2.0, we didn't drown this time!" by then.
    Fuck, the government has made serious plans for underwater cities/islands off the coast several years ago. It's not that far of a stretch.

Priapus likes this.
  16. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

So, my roommate's been on a Sailor Moon kick and one day while we were talking he mentions this one fic he read ages ago that I kinda-sorta remembered reading too, and now because of how my brain works I'm trying to find it despite not particularly wanting to read it. Just to prove that it exists and I knew what he was talking about.

And it's driving me insane because I can't find it.

IIRC, it was a crossover fic with Ranma 1/2 where Ranma, Herb, and two other Ranma 1/2 characters were reincarnations of the Shitennou. They all had their corresponding past life's namesake gemstone and that's all I got. For all I know, it's been lost to the abyss and my stupid search has been in vain.

17. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Another night, another nightmare about my mother. Another nightmare about my mother which ended with me murdering her.

I tell myself that dreams are unrestrained id and don't really happen so I shouldn't feel ashamed or worried about what I do in them. I don't know if I believe myself.

Dream: I'm in a relationship with a girl, let's call her K, and we have sex every now and then. One night at home, while I'm playing Stars! on my computer in bed by myself, my mother comes into my room and demands to sleep in my (double) bed with me. I continue playing Stars!, but the sound effects wake up my mother, who is angry at me. I turn the volume down to its minimum, but it continues to wake her up. There is a phone next to my bed, and at some point in all this it gets bumped and speed-dials K, who picks up very tired and cranky since she was asleep. My mother becomes even more upset finding out that I set the phone to speed-dial K, and starts talking about how she's going to cut off my internet, steal my computer and abandon me to starve. I go berserk. I grab a rope (from where? IDK), tie it around my mother's neck, loop it over a hook on the wall, and yank, killing her (and breaking the rope; I didn't stop yanking). I "wake up".

False awakening: I wake up in my bed, upset over what just happened "in the dream". I express myself by picking up a glass on my bedside table and crushing it. Then I realise that that wasn't very smart, and I make my way to my aunt's room (let's call her L) to tell her what a stupid thing I just did. She's sympathetic. Then I wake up, this time for real.

Reality: K is an acquaintance of mine from university, but although I did find her attractive I wasn't spectacularly interested in pursuing a relationship at that time (at least, not with her). I'm actually a virgin. I don't keep a phone next to my bed, and never use speed-dials. I used to live with my mother, though I slept in a separate, single bed. She's a very light sleeper and waking her up by accident with my alarm clock really was something she used to yell at me about. She's always been very leery about letting me play on computers, and confiscated it at the slightest provocation for very long periods; heck, even after I ran away from her and went to boarding school she had the staff confiscate it every night (pretty humiliating in front of the rest of the students...). Starving me she's done. Abandoning me is a little more complicated; she did leave me behind in another state when she went home once, but that appeared to be the result of recklessness rather than intention (we'd been staying with her father - my grandfather - and I wasn't quite packed when the taxi came to take us to the airport. She threatened to leave me behind if I wasn't ready quickly enough, and much to my and my grandfather's surprise actually did so, getting in the taxi and leaving by herself. Apparently she had intended my grandfather to take me to the airport himself, but she didn't actually tell either of us that. Twelve hours or so later, in the evening, after I'd spent the whole day crying my eyes out, she showed up again - she had boarded the plane home without checking to see if I was on it as well, and had had to catch a plane back. She blamed us for not following her, but I think it's pretty clear who fucked up there) and while she made very overt moves to get rid of me later (calling up my father, "Come pick up [m9m's name], I don't want him anymore") he talked her out of it every time (and there were at least a dozen times, possibly twenty). As I mentioned above, eventually I ran away from her (only wish I'd done it two years earlier), and at the moment I do indeed live with L (my father died while I was still boarding), and sleep in a double bed (which, again, I have to myself). The worst thing I've ever deliberately done to my mother is wrestle her away from a phone (she was attempting to call the police, to have me arrested - for throwing my doona on her head and attempting to topple a bookcase (not onto her, just to make a mess) - and I panicked), and I certainly have no intention of murdering her (everything else aside, there would be no point; the damage is done). The glass I pictured in the false awakening really is sitting on my bedside table, but I didn't really crush it.

18. WanderingEye

WanderingEye Check me out! I'm a talking skull!

Kinda want to give you a hug right now..
    Please settle for this instead.
    [​IMG]

19. AngelicKnight.

AngelicKnight. Lewd demon of negotiable affection

Damn... I really wish I could hug you through the screen. Since I can't please have this.
    *Hugs*

Nanimani likes this.
  20. TehChron

TehChron Experienced.

Hmmm, I emphasize with the feeling, but I dont have weird revenge murder dreams either

Weird

21. EtchedSteel

EtchedSteel Myaa~

I'm sorry you have gone through this, specially with... yeah. I also don't have that kind if weird dreams, neither.

Most of my nightmares ends up with me killed in some situations worthy of surreal horror.

22. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I've become addicted to mom troll videos on YouTube.

23. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

And I've now discovered videos of parents destroying there kid's electronics as punishments.

I feel like I have just now discovered the true entertainment value of YouTube.

kinglugia, Nanimani and TehChron like this.
  24. Nanimani

Nanimani Listening to music

I just watch LPs.
    And the Nostalgia Critic.

25. AngelicKnight.

I would appreciate hugs or other affectionate gestures if anyone could spare some... I'm mostly happy again but still a little sad about this morning.

26. Phen0m20

Phen0m20 Not too sore, are you?

Ha, I literally just watched that review the other day. Funny shit.

27. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Why so blue?

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  28. AngelicKnight.

Good afternoon!

Ah I'm better now but at the time I was feeling s but down. Side effect of low self esteem and disagreeing with someone I like about something important.

Priapus likes this.
  29. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Just voted in the federal election. As someone who takes their civic responsibilities rather seriously, I filled out both ballots completely. Which was 8 preferences for the House of Representatives (fair enough) and 116 preferences for the Senate (I could barely stand by the end).

And as a true QQer, I voted for the Australian Sex Party.

Especially with what? Not sure I understand.

Priapus, Nanimani and AngelicKnight. like this.
  30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

*reads wikipedia*
    I think I like this one.

Priapus, AngelicKnight. and justinkal like this.