1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

So, Hirohiko Araki ISN'T gay, then?

Discussion in 'General' started by Selias, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Selias

Selias Well worn.

A few things that I wouldn't have expected to see on the author of JJBA's twitter page:
    "Please, stop making gay ships using my characters, is disrespectful."
    "If you want gay ships, go and read a yaoi manga, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is not for you."
    "It's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, not 'JoJo's Gay Adventure'"
    "It should be ilegal to make gay ships with JJBA characters."

I literally only found this, because I asked google if he was gay, when I saw this picture:
    [​IMG]

2. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

What the fuck is up with their proportions.

3. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

JJBA has more gay in it than most gay doujin.

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

JJBA, man.
    Right? I'm honestly kind of wondering if his posts are jokes.

kinglugia and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  5. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Those are the Pillar Men, characters from the second part of JoJo: AKA when the art style was still mimicking Fist of the North Star. Want to see something really crazy? Look up a comparison to Araki's old art style with his current one.

But no, Araki isn't gay, he has a wife. Also never bring up Gorgeous Irene(one of his earlier works), he is embarrassed by it, since he wrote it before he had gotten married and before he had a more mature view on women. As for the poses he uses poses done by actual male models to make the big muscular men pose.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

He's so far in the closet that Aslan is going "holy shit, dude, get out of my ass."

7. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Doesn't matter if he is gay or not, his stuff in entertaining. Also very violent, with dogs having a bad time*.

Also I highly doubt he made those comments, dude actually wanted to have Jolyne(JoJo of Part 6) be a lesbian in a relationship with Hermes(Ermes?) Costello, his editor put a stop to that because it was the year 2000 and Japan was still very unfriendly to gay people. Then he got out of Shounen Jump by making Part 6 very unsuitable for SJ.

*he does not hate dogs though, he hates people who hurt dogs, which is why he has the villains kill them.

8. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Hmm. Yeah, now that you mention it, it might have been one of those joke Twitter accounts.

9. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Also Araki is a rather friendly guy, none of those posts in anyway seem like something he'd write. Heck the only time he wasn't being friendly was when he was being interviewed by the lady who sang the opening for Gurren Lagann, but that was because she is a massive Jotaro fangirl(she was dressed like him), and she was kinda creeping him out.

10. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Now as for LGBT characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Dio Brando is Bi*, there is a woman who is taking male hormones to become a man in Stone Ocean, Jolyne was supposed to be a lesbian in the planning stages before Araki's editor said no to that.

*Araki said that Dio would pursue anyone who gained his interest, male of female. So yeah, Dio may have been somewhat in love with Jonathan, doesn't change the fact he was going to kill Jonathan and take his body. Dio also states his preferred type of woman: she must have absolutely no class.

11. searcher8

searcher8 Are you trying to harden my Nanomachines Son?

Not to mention that we know for a fact that he fucked at least one woman, considering Giorno is a thing. Though I also refuse to believe that he wasn't crushing on Jonathan, or that he didn't fuck Pucci at somepoint down the line given some of the flashback scenes in Part 6.

12. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

We know he had sex with at least four women considering the existences of Giorno, Rynkel, Donatello, and Ungalo. Plus the women he fed upon. Dio is pretty much attracted to people hi finds interesting, Jonathan earned Dio's respect so hard he made four babies with Jonathan's body.

Ungalo really got hit hard with Dario's genes.

13. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Dio Brando is "Whatever the fuck catches his interest".

-edit-
    Derp, didn't see asterisk. But technically, that would still make him pansexual/omnisexual?

kinglugia, theunderbolt and Nanimani like this.
  14. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

I may have worded what I said about Dio's preferred type of woman. He doesn't want dainty damsels. He likes women who can take care of themselves. Giorno's mother is an example.

15. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Also the pic in the OP uses Araki's old art style, back when JoJo was still a Fist of the North Star clone. Compare his old style to his new style and be amazed that it's the same artist.