1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by tEN, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"T-that's fine, you idiot!" Kathleen exclaims as she points toward Azure. "Kissing a maiden by surprise isn't proper! In the name of Love and Justice, I am going to win!"

2. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

"In the name of Love and Justice? Ha, I fight for Romance and Dating. Kissing a maiden by surprise is perfectly proper and romantic. I, Azure of the Sky will show you."

Out of the corner of his eye he can see Morgana face palming.

3. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

"Thanks again!" Hanging up, Faith jogged over to some of the abandoned warehouses and had Shuppet create the largest and most terrifying illusions they could.

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Oh, I think you surprised him a bit here." Quan said, adressing the Pokémon. "Not everyday he see someone passing a wall just like that."

Fishing in his bad for something, he took out an item ball and quickly retrieved a fruit from it, as the child got back up.

"Want something to eat?"

5. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

It isn't long until Aqua reaches Andi, an older woman who is holding several ropes in her left hand, leading to a net in the water full of thrashing pokemon.

"Hey, kid, are you here about the job I posted from my phone? I need you to take this envelope of Pyed to the shop back in town, and pick up my special order."

She uses her free hand to hold out the envelope in question.
    Shuppet is happy to try as hard as possible to terrify Faith, at least in theory. In practice, the illusions are badly dubbed images of Shuppet claiming to have never loved her and declaring an intent to run off with Phantump for a wedding she isn't invited to.
    The frillish drifts closer to Quan, and cautiously sniffs at the fruit. "Frill?"

The ghost type nibbles at the fruit, then happily eats it. "Lish, lish, lish!"

6. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

"Understood." Aqua says, concluding that this is just a typical fetch-carry job after all. Boring, but good enough. "The pay?"

7. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

"There's a bit extra in there, so when the shopkeep gives you change you can put it in your pocket, and I miscounted these guys when I placed the order, so I'll let you have whichever one I want least."

8. Chibi-Reaper

"I'm only really interested in the money, but understood. Back in a bit." Aqua says, pleased that the negotiation was handled simply.

He takes the envelope and heads off for the shop.

9. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Heh." Quan let out as Frillish pretty much devoured the treat, with the nearby child looking at the scene, somewhat amazed. "Glad you like it."

"I got more where that came from, you know?" Quan continued. "I'm on a journey to explore Unova. Want to join my team?"

He took out his last empty pokéball, idly turning it around with his fingers.

10. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The shopkeep is expecting Aqua, and, after slicing open the envelope and looking through it, hands him a shopping bag containing ten pokeballs, two net balls, and a premier ball, as well as handing back the envelope now only holding 300PD. Each of the balls except for the two net balls has a water sticker on it.
    The ghost considers this, and bobs happily before bumping the ball with its face, going inside.

11. Chibi-Reaper

Aqua pockets the change and heads back, pleased that everything went smoothly and without ruffians trying to mug him for the envelope of cash or anything.

"Net increase in funds. That's always good." He says to himself on the way back to Andi.

12. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Andi takes the bag from him and looks in it in surprise. "Oh hey, I forgot he still had that offer. Looks like I do have enough balls after all. Still, a promise is a promise. Stick around for a bit, kid."

The fisher hauls the net ashore and looks over the ugly fish pokemon in the net, picking the two least ugly to capture with the net balls, picking the ugliest out to put in the premier ball and tossing it over to Aqua, and putting the rest in normal balls.

"Thanks, kid. Have a good day!"

She walks off.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  13. Chibi-Reaper

"That really isn't..." Aqua says, only to be completely ignored as she walks off.

There really isn't a polite way to ask for bonus money instead somehow, is there? He sighs and tosses the ball to let the fish back out in the shallows.

"I'm really not planning on team expansion." he says, before anything else. "And I'm not particularly interested in the battle circuit or anything either. If you want to swim off, I can smash this ball up and that's that. Offer'll stay open."

He doesn't say 'please leave' or anything, but he's still reluctant to expand the team.

14. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The feebas looks at Aqua with hearts in his eyes, before shaking them away, picking up the ball, placing it closer to Aqua, and attempting to express his dream of winning a pageant, and how he would be incredibly grateful if Aqua can help.

15. Chibi-Reaper

Aqua completely misses the hearts.

Sneasel does not.

It is therefore much to her displeasure when Aqua sighs, used to being at least partially directed by the pokemon in his life, and says "Fine."

"That offer's still open whenever you change your mind, though. Like, if we happen to find a..." Aqua pauses to look over the water. "... place, that you like."

Since Feebas can't really follow along over land, he goes back in the ball. Then Aqua stands and stretches.

"Probably enough time to get another job in." he appraises. "Maybe that moving assistant deal."

Sneasel sniffs lightly, barely acknowledging him.

"Ah.... Something I did?" Aqua says, as Kidd cuddles his leg semi-apologetically.

16. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith's palm met her face with a crack, "We need to get you some reference material for terrifying creatures, don't we? Oh! I know, how about Heartforge's stuff? That stuff is freaky." Turning, she addressed Phantump and Lillipup, "While Shuppet's reading, why don't you two try tagging each other without getting hit yourself? Phantump, try not not to hurt Lillipup."

That said Faith downloaded some of the stories she wanted onto her device, in a perfectly legal way, and handed it to the ghost. "I am going to be running around, gotta work on that cardio.

17. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Morgana finishes palming her face.

"Perhaps there is a place near the GTS? I'd like to re-register this unruly Patrat and get to making friends with that Ponyta. And then I can referee the fight between you. Have you two settled on a wager?"

18. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Come to think of it, that's two I approached with food." Quan muttered. "I guess they really like nice things to eat."

He entertained the kid a bit, who apparently was surprised pokémons could join that way. It appeared so simple to him, Quan pointed out he was simply being honest and nice. Why not be friendly right from the start if you wanted them to stay with you?

Still, all in all, the museum was interesting, he learned how to cook a bit, the underwater sights were pretty cool and yet another pokémon joined him. pretty great afternoon.

...The city just looked so dull when he stepped back into it, however.

Quan made a decision. It hadn't been in his plans, but now his team was large enough. He released all his team in front him. Introductions were quickly made for the water and ghost type floating near them before Quan went on.

"Alright, guys and girls." Quan started. "It's kinda sudden, but I think we stand a chance at the Gym now. It's not really needed, but I do want to see if we can do it and make our way up in the League."

Vulcan nodded, liking the idea of a challenge, while Marie and Loppie tilted their head, being more neutral about it.

"And well, if we win, that should get us enough money for another nice meal for all before we leave the city."

...And now they looked more excited. Figures. Well, no one opposed challenging the gym at least.

"Well then, no reason to delay." Quan stated, returning them as he made his way to the gym.

He wondered if the gym had trainers... Maybe he could face one first to see if he was actually ready.

vyor likes this.
  19. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

When Aqua arrives at the three bedroom home, he is sent to the library on second floor, and told to pack up the books into a set of currently flat cardboard boxes in the middle of the room. There are 80 linear feet of floor to ceiling book shelves.
    Shuppet creates an astonishingly realistic illusion of Kathleen in a police uniform chasing Faith. "Stop! You're under arrest for an illegal download of sensitive materials! Submit quietly or I will be forced to punish you!"
    The battle against the gym trainer goes very well, with none of Quan's pokemon fainting, making for a clean sweep. The battle against Pink, the six foot three black man with a thick beard, natural pink hair, a hearty laugh, and a physique like a bodybuilder, doesn't go nearly so well. Still, Quan gets 400PD and a free potion from his adventure there.

20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Oh man... That sure didn't go as I hoped for." Quan muttered, leaving the gym.

Seriously, it was one harsh first gym leader experience. Bad luck happened on top of it and it seemed Quan would stay in Castellia for longer than he intended to.

Dropping his team at teh Center for healing, Quan looked around for a kind of shop in particular. If he had berries for his team... Then perhaps the outcome could have been different. Maybe. But it wouldn't hurt to have some either way.

21. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Aguav, figy, iapapa, mago, and wiki berries are all available at the supermarket for 30 PD each, or oran for 25 each.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  22. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"Romance and Dating?!" Kathleen exclaims as she let's a small laugh, "It is only romantic when you do it with your boyfriend or girlfriend, not someone you barely met!" widening her stance, Kathleen points at Azure, "I will avenge wrongs, and triumph over perversion, and that means you!"

Looking back at Morgana, Kathleen can't help but reply, "Fret not, Darling! This ruffian shall be swiftly punished and shown the errors of his way!" Turning back to Azure, Kathleen exclaims to her Snivy, "Demeter, are you ready?!"

23. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith laughed, "You can't prove anything copper! Well done on the illusion, but you need to watch more cop shows! Come on, make a horrifying monster, I don't think Kathleen counts after all. Besides, I wouldn't mind getting caught by her too much, she seemed fun!"

Ducking under Lillipup as the puppy jumped after the ghostly tree stump. They seemed to be equally fast, but Phantump was going through things that the puppy had to go around. Still, Phantump had to expose herself to attack in order to tag her partner, so it was far more even than it would appear still... Faith grinned, "New rule, if you get hit by anything I throw, you have to run one lap with me!" So said, she scooped up some small bits of concrete, almost gravel really, and threw it at the 2 pokemon in a wide spread.

24. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Quan considered. Theoran berries would be best at this time, but how many...

After thinking about it, he got ten of them. Enough for everyone to hold one and have one in reserve. Hopefully, the berries would give him the edge he needed tomorrow...

Walking back to the Center, he got back his team and let them all out to talk to them.

It went without saying, but they were down due to their loss.

"Well, it was bound to happen someday, I guess." Quan said. "Still, we were close too! I'm sure we can win tomorrow. I even got berries to help too!"

Not much of a reaction. Well, it was perhaps too hopeful to hope they could be cheered up just like that.

"Yeah, I know losing feels bad too..."

Tepig's stomach rumbled and Webber turned to look at him meaningfully. Quan blinked as realization hit him.

"You guys... Are you sad because we can't really afford to go out to eat?"

Collective nods were his reply.

"You guys... Huh? Loppie, what are you holding?" Quan asked, as he noticed something shiny.

The bunny pokémon approached and handed it to him.

It was a nugget. An honest, real, small lump of gold right here in his hands. When did she picked this up?!

"Loppie... You know what this is?" Quan asked. "This, well... It's rare. And it's worth very, very much. Seems like we can go out to eat after all."

Colelctive gasps greeted his statement, as Loppie suddenly found herself hugged from all side for having apparently saved dinner.

"You guys are hopeless, you know that? Well, I guess all that's left is to find a place to eat."

vyor likes this.
  25. Chibi-Reaper

For the first, long minute, Aquamarine just stares at the daunting task ahead.

"I instantly regret this decision." he mumbles to himself. Then he assesses the situation.

Sneasel can't help. Even if she's careful, the claws mean a risk of marking up the books. Similarly, Kidd is probably too small to offer meaningful assistance moving the books. So... It's all on his shoulders.

He sets up the first box and leaves it open, to start filling it, but then stops and glances at the pokemon.

"If you can set up the rest of the boxes like this, that'd save a little time..." he says. "... But, if you can't, or not without tearing them up a little, then don't worry about it. I'll handle it, and you can... just play or nap a little while I work. Don't wander off and get lost or in trouble, though."

Cracking his knuckles, Aqua starts packing books.

26. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Morgana decides that the two of them were crazy. And that Kathleen was super cute when she was all righteous. She makes her way to the area between them.

"A three-vee-three then, between Azure of the Sky and Kathleen of Justice," she says, eyes twinkling, "Are both participants ready?"

27. Latewave

"Ready to fight for Romance."

Azure is grinning cheekily.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  28. Latewave

Azure smiles widely at Kathleen.

"That really was a fun battle, I haven't had one like that since the last time I battled as a gym trainer."

Azure walks over to shake Kathleen's hand.

"You were really good though and I'm sorry for stealing a kiss."

Azure bows his head and then straightens up.

"As retribution, you can have one good swing at my face if you want."

29. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"Love and Justice, haven't been defeated." Kathleen mutters under her breath as she recovers her Pokemon. Looking at the smug grin on Azure's face, Kathleen can't help but frown as a small blush covers her face. It wasn't really good! Really.

So when Azure straightens up, Kathleen can't help but smile, "With pleasure." she says before decking Azure's face with all her strength.

vyor likes this.
  30. Latewave

Azure falls back after the force of the punch, holding his nose as blood pours out of it.

"That was a bit more then I was expecting."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.