1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sun-Touched Dragon King [Exalted/Highschool DxD]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by heralding_bubble, May 26, 2018.

1. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x]Go and talk to them, your cover's blown anyway
    -[x]Is she going to be ok?

2. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I do want Raynare to be a key part of Issei's harem, and as a Solar he's more than capable of bringing her to heel both socially and physically. I just don't have any ideas for what to say to start that route.

E: I mean, we already performed a high-impact Befriending. That was the hard part (though thanks to dem rolls it wasn't actually that hard). Now we just need to follow through with some aftercare.

3. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

There is Solar Bullshit, and there is Hyodou's Luck.

[X]Go and talk to them, your cover's blown anyway
    -[X]Is she going to be ok?

Cold Burn likes this.
  4. gadrial

gadrial Know what you're doing yet?

5. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

6. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

7. horus

horus Warmaster

8. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

[x] Go and talk to them your cover's blown anyway

I honestly don't care if Raynare's okay or not and we're more focused on the girl who just proved that this is something bigger than us just getting killed.

9. NuclearBird

NuclearBird Lustful Sacraments

[X] Go and talk to them, your cover's blown anyway

Strike while it's hot, or something like that.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  10. Ferretshock

Ferretshock I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Go and talk to them, your cover's blown anyway​

11. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Alrighty then!
    Also hooray, more people!
    Now, what does Issei know...
    heralding_bubble rolled 4 die of 10 faces, total: 30
    For: Ise Knowledge (Int+Lore -3)

Target: 7
    Success: 3
    Rolled on: June-07-2018, 08:21pm

Alexander likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: 004
    heralding_bubble

[x]Go and talk to them, your cover’s blown anyway
    -[x]Is she going to be ok?

You sigh. They know you're there so might as well get it over with. And you can make sure if she's going to be alright as well. With that thought you get up and walk past the bushes to the park clearing and approach the girls.

As you get closer you realize that the little girl wearing your school's uniform is actually Toujou Koneko, the school's cute unofficial mascot. She tenses slightly at your approach but doesn't do anything beside it, while Rias finishes up her phone call by closing the flip phone and sighing before dropping the phone on the unconscious Yuuma.

"They should be here soon Kone-" she stops as she turns and sees you, blinking before her eyes go to your forehead. Which makes you realize you can feel the golden disk still glowing there. It appears your glow recedes in stages, which you mentally file down somewhere to think about when you actually have time.

"Gremory-san, Toujou-san," you greet them with a nod. "Is Yuuma-cha- she going to be okay?" You ask, this time nodding towards the still sprawled unconscious body behind them.

Rias glances at Yuuma's knocked out form before turning back at you, her gaze sharper now that the surprise has passed and nods. "Fallen Angels are made of stern stuff, Hyoudou-san. She'll probably have a headache but will be functional in a few days."

You blink. Fallen Angel? You glance back at Yuuma, thinking for a moment. That would certainly explain the black wings. Though you're woefully inexperienced with the Christian mythology, so can't really say anything more than that. Normal Angels would probably have white wings then. But what does that make Rias and Koneko?

You rack your brains in thought before you almost slap yourself in your stupidity. Lots of games have them as adversaries and enemies, often summoned by BBEGs, acting as one, or as one's lieutenants. The leathery wings really make it obvious in hindsight. They're clearly Devils.

The realization makes you narrow your eyes and you feel yourself tense, ready for an incoming attack.

"May I ask what happened, Hyoudou-kun?" Rias' question deflates you a bit, though you notice that she's still got her sharp-eyed gaze at you which seems to have narrowed somewhat. From the peripheral vision you can tell that Koneko's tensed a bit more too, likely in response to you doing the same first.

What to do...

[]Tell them what happened.
    -[]Stunt?
    []Don't tell them.
    -[]Stunt?
    []Write in.

Sorry it took so long.

13. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x]Tell them what happened.
    -[x] She gutted me like a fish... what? I got better.

Crazael likes this.
  14. Grinix

Grinix Getting sticky.

15. Alexander

16. Kerfirou

17. Mr. Kyon

Mr. Kyon Not too sore, are you?

18. Threadmarks: 005
    heralding_bubble

-[x] She gutted me like a fish… what? I got better.

You run a hand through your hair like a main character in anime and grin your best roguish grin at Rias.

"Isn't it obvious? She gutted me like a fish."

Her eyes go wide and she looks you up and down, focusing on your blood-soaked pants and shirt which has a fist sized hole in it.

"Of course, I got better. And then punched her lights out."

"...Why?" Koneko asks.

Your grin falters at the question and you swallow the lump the question brings in your throat. Not because she's asking why you punched her lights out, of course, but because she's asking why she tried- no, it wasn't an attempt, she actually did gut you and you would have died if it wasn't for whatever happened. Your Saint Gear, or whatever it was?

You shake your head before sighing. Beginning your tale at the beginning, you explain that she confessed to you almost two weeks ago. Three days ago you managed to gather the courage to ask her for an actual first date. You'd woken up early today from excitement and spent a good few hours fussing over what to wear. Something casual yet fitting for a first date. After having a quick shower and brushing your teeth again before putting on the clothes you had carefully picked and heading off three hours early for the meeting spot. Nervously waiting for her to arrive, small part of you fearing that this was the point where it turned out to be a joke and a prank.

Your relief and joy when she arrived, and using the ever-cool "Don't worry, I just got here myself" line. You spent the day doing things couples did, like getting your ass kicked by her in the new Street Fighter arcade game because she was a cheesing spammer. Going to watch Children Who Chase Lost Voices in the movies, and having lunch at the mall. Chuckling and pointing out she got mayo on her cheek after vigorously devouring her hamburger. Winning her a cute charm to hang on her phone at the claw machine.

Eventually you had a pleasant walk and ended up in the present park.

"When she skipped ahead and turned to me, with the sun going down behind her, I thought for a moment that this is it, you know? My... But then she leaned over and said 'Will you die for me?'" You shivered from the memory. You can feel the confusion again, bubbling back up as you think back to that moment. "I didn't understand. Did I mishear what she said? But then she grew her black wings and-" You swallow the bile threatening to come up. "And stabbed me. I fell down and was dying, and she continued talking. 'Sorry,' she said. 'You were a threat, so I decided to get rid of you. If you want to hate someone, hate the God who put the...'" You frown. "'Saint Gear'?"

"Sacred Gear," Rias corrects. You glance at her and you can see the sympathy and anger in her face. You look at Koneko and though she seems closed off, you can feel the anger radiating from her.

"'Who put the Sacred Gear in you,'" you finish. "I felt angry, and betrayed, and confused, and then I... I saw something. Visions. And the anger rose. It wasn't fair. Then I stood up and was glowing with golden light, and she was confused, and then I went in for a punch. I don't know how to fight, I was just doing what I remember from anime, and then I hit her and she didn't get back up. After a moment I realized she wasn't getting up I checked if she was still alive, then I asked X to send the message for help in case she was hurt worse than it seemed."

You sigh and take a breather after finishing your story, wishing you had something to drink. You glance at the fountain, but your eyes betray you and wander down to Yuuma's prone form and you feel anger coiling in your guts, fresh from just reliving the events of the day.

[][Yuuma] It is a burning inferno, but you stamp it down. (Major Intimacy: Yuuma (Hatred))
    [][Yuuma] It is a simmering heat, but you crush it down to cinders for now. (Minor Intimacy: Yuuma (Hatred))
    [][Yuuma] It is the embers of a dying fire. She has paid for what she's done. (No Intimacy gained)

Your thoughts are jarred from their rails as Rias grunts. It's such an unexpected and unladylike sound that it completely scatters your thoughts. Turning your attention to her, you see she's frowning in thought, and even Akeno is looking at her.

After a few moments she sighs. "Another topic to discuss with her friends when they arrive," she says before shaking her head and turning her attention to you. "I called her friends before you came out, they should be here soon. If you want, you can stay and talk with them, but I would suggest leaving it to me. I am after all the Second Owner of Kuoh City, so they have to answer to me for what they've done. I will get to the bottom of this Hyoudou-san, so I suggest heading back home. We can talk tomorrow after school more if you have questions, but with the Fallen Angels coming please go home for now?" She asks you, genuinely concerned for your well being.

[][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, go home for now.
    [][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, stay for the discussion.
    -[] Topics to talk/ask about?
    [][Choice] Decline respectfully to meet tomorrow, go home for now.
    [][Choice] Decline respectfully to meet tomorrow, stay for the discussion.
    -[] Topics to talk/ask about?
    []Choice] Write in.

19. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x][Yuuma] It is the embers of a dying fire. She has paid for what she's done. (No Intimacy gained)
    [x][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, stay for the discussion.
    -[x]You just want to watch and listen. They should already know your identity, but you don't know theirs.

20. Funeral-Pyre

Funeral-Pyre I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Yuuma] It is a simmering heat, but you crush it down to cinders for now. (Minor Intimacy: Yuuma (Hatred))
    [X][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, go home for now.

21. Kerfirou

[x][Yuuma] It is the embers of a dying fire. She has paid for what she's done. (No Intimacy gained)

22. Vaurant

Vaurant Versed in the lewd.

[X][Yuuma] It is a simmering heat, but you crush it down to cinders for now. (Minor Intimacy: Yuuma (Hatred))

23. SerbobIV

SerbobIV Not too sore, are you?

However, this ain't a girl, this' a bitch.

24. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

I’m inclined for the burning inferno choice since Yuuma did try and brutally murder us with a smile on her face and that should be a pretty sore and traumatic issue to him. Agree to talk tomorrow and stay for the discussion since I would think that Issei would want to know as much as he can first-hand now all this weirdness just happened to him, he’d be angry and stubborn enough to stay and find out.

Anyone have any other reasoning as to how/why Issei might react?

I might change my inclinations as to what to vote for depending on people’s reasonings.

25. NuclearBird

NuclearBird Lustful Sacraments

[X][Yuuma] It is the embers of a dying fire. She has paid for what she's done. (No Intimacy gained)
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Too much anger clouds the mind.

[X][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, stay for the discussion.
    Intel is always good.

26. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

27. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

[X][Yuuma] It is the embers of a dying fire. She has paid for what she's done. (No Intimacy gained)
    -[x]You just want to watch and listen. They should already know your identity, but you don't know theirs.

28. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

personally I am more inclined towards a write in of a general negative intimacy with "betrayers" of all kinds

29. Alexander

6/10. And I'm being generous.

[X][Choice] Agree to talk more tomorrow, stay for the discussion.

30. Grinix

Grinix Getting sticky.

[X][Yuuma] It is a burning inferno, but you stamp it down. (Major Intimacy: Yuuma (Hatred))