1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is probably going to end badly for Paul. :D

2. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Asking what? "Please stop being a raging bitch."?

Should have left her in her friggin coma.

Ardy likes this.
  3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

"Would you please help to improve the Watchtower defences and weapons systems?"

Ardy and RichardWhereat like this.
  4. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Oh my sweet summer child. They're called furries.

infinityDivided, Ardy and Navi-Hank like this.
  5. Maxx Crowley

If Hinon wants respect, perhaps she should learn how to give it. Why should OL talk to her any different then she talks to him? People talk about OL needing to be knocked down a peg? Personally, Hinon and Dox need it far more.

She talks to OL like he's either an absolute moron, or a tiny bacteria, or something (not even someone) she literally owns.

Pray you never cross paths.

6. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

None of which are unreasonable.

Hinon is millions of years old and a supergenius while Paul is in his 20s and brain damaged himself by building his soul out of orange light.

infinityDivided likes this.
  7. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

You say that as if the millions of years old supergenius is not also made out of orange light. Heck, her entire race is made out of one light or another; the Guardians are green, Controllers are now orange after they got the battery, Zamarons are violet, etc...

8. Maxx Crowley

I....I read it....and I just couldn't believe it. A "Wow" from Zoat? Whaw.

If you're doing your best to audition for the newest hit show "Guess who got chucked into the sun?" Then, sure.

Also, it's not "unreasonable" to treat someone as if you literally own them? Um...yeah, kind of is. Pretty much every modern country in the world agreed on that a while ago. Why, even in universe, Slavery is banned in Atlantis.

Age does not entitle you to respect.

Being a genius in a race of natural genius' doesn't really mean much. Also, Ms. Supergenius was a vegetable before OL pulled her out of it.

Also, OL is in his thirties.

Finally, OL's brain is clearly not damaged, you just like making shit up when you don't like something. For the record, OL DID NOT build himself a soul out of Orange light. His tattoos were designed to draw in ambient magic to build something of the kind for defense against magic. Said design was looked over and given the okay by Queen Mera, someone who can lay claim to being an expert in magic.

OL's soul didn't become the Heart of the Ophidian until she body slammed herself into it. Which happened during an exercise that the so called "expert" J'onn completely lost control over, a fuck up that was in no way OL's fault.

Do you even read the story you attack constantly?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

More likely that was the equivalent of a 'Whoa...' from the rest of us. Or you're gonna get a "Thank you, corrected" from Zoat once he gets online.

This is Vaermina we're talking about. Contrariness is their natural state -no offense intended- and none shall change them. And I'm sure many of us wouldn't change that, since it keeps the threads alive with arguing :D After all, they are knowledgeable about DC Canon... Even things Zoat has altered...

10. Maxx Crowley

I suspect interference from the Nega-Zoat.

And that's why Sheogorath was the one to get his own DLC.

11. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

The Controllers' preferred corps would consist of mind-controlled meat puppets. In the comics, they let the Darkstars die because that whole 'free will' thing was getting irritating.

I mean, they literally named themselves "Controllers" as their defining feature, Paul knows of their history, and not only did Paul choose to go to them, but he basically just handed over the entire thing rather than demanding to be in charge.

If he can't deal with being treated like they own him, he picked the wrong masters.

12. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Why is everyone against Hinon? All she said was that she didn’t want to do physical labor, which to be fair, she doesn’t care about the Justice League, this isn’t her problem. OL would be the same way. Honestly, she’s acting a lot like OL does, and people are complaining about that? Where do you even get raging bitch? At most she’s grumpy about suddenly getting pulled here despite it not being in her plans. She had no reason to get to Earth, and when she got here and saw what humans pulled with Desire, and that OL somehow knows so much dangerous information, that was clearly meant to be secret, she really did have a reason to be a little angry. She is acting surprisingly reasonable, compared to canon Controllers. Her job is to be the voice of wisdom, but she keeps being blindsided by OL knowing stuff and the center of a man made disaster being displayed not as a somber moment, but as something that really doesn’t matter. No need to be mad about her behavior.

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Actually their souls are made of white light just like everyone else's.

caspian1a likes this.
  14. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

No. Otherwise Paul’s emotion vision would not work. He can tell what sort of light is in a person’s soul. Remember, it looks directly at souls. White light is probably a component - otherwise a person has no life, but Paul’s soul and Hinon’s are made mostly of Orange Light. Though Orange could secretly be a type of White light - or White Light tinted with desire(since canonically, White is a combination of all of them and basic color theory).

infinityDivided and caspian1a like this.
  15. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Hm... maybe tell Hinon about Dark Druid? He uses the Black light directly in this continuity, right? Even had the symbol of the Black Langern corps? That seems like something worth a controller worried about humans getting involved in stuff they shouldn’t be getting involved in.

16. Buggy123

And how are you sure of that, especially when OL just described the desires of Hinon's soul restructuring infront of him?

17. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

White = Life. People with no white Light are probably dead/ don’t feel alive. Paul is weird - but he does live on a planet with the White embodiment, so he probably absorbed a lot.

18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

White light is all the colors combined...

It's like Captain Planet.

Don't you remember the scene when Paul examined her?

19. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Basically the question is: How can souls possibly be made of White Light, when they radiate orange (to Paul). The answer is probably: souls aren’t necessarily balanced. They are made of light of various colors, and to be alive, they need some light of every color to combine and make white light. However, they also have spurts of lights of other colors escaping (directed emotion) (what OL sees). Hinon and OL both constantly spurt Orange, so OL sees orange when he looks. However, their souls (and all living creatures who feel more than 1 emotion), are made of White Light, in some cases constantly excreting Orange. The Ophidian doesn’t understand anything other than avarice, and as such, and being an elemental, probably consists only of Orange, and is technically not alive.

20. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

What about it?

21. Buggy123

I'm not so much denying that their might be at least a little of other colors in there, it's just... Hinon and the other controllers are explicitly connected to the Orange Power Battery, using it as a source of power. And as we've seen from the Guardians, who are immensely willful and stubborn, this definitely affects how you think and act. So in all likelyhood, they have a whole damned lot of orange in their soul.

So to me, it seems a little strange to look at someone who has a soul made entirely out of orange light and call them "brain damaged", and then you look at someone standing right next to them who has a soul made of 97% orange light and call them a "reasonable super-genius".

22. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Agreed, also, not certain, but I’m fairly sure his soul also consists of more than just orange light - for example he has shown the ability to love/ have pink speech. His problem is that he is consciously trying to constantly see things through the lens of avarice - though he is capable of not, and has shown to be so.

23. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Theory: (probably no canon) Are Leprechauns (if those/that are a thing) connected to the white power battery / elemental? I forget, what are the traits of that color of light? If I were, theoretically, thinking of writing some sort of Omake (probably not, still thinking of content to write), what would they get? Might be funny to have them be the result of some curse. Doomed to only be able to use the white light to create rainbows / protect gold/treasure. Semi-addicted to it’s usage (it makes them feel alive).

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

White power rings has been shown to resurrect the dead, replenish itself by the wearer enjoying ones life, and supposedly do anything any of the seven colors can do.

25. Threadmarks: Hoard (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

11th January
    09:31 GMT -5

"Recognised, Orange Lantern, B zero six. Identity confirmed."

School day today, so Kon will have already-.

"Good morning, Paul!" Amon beams as he sees me, flying across the room and landing just in front of me.

"Good morning, Amon. I didn't know that you were starting with us quite yet."

"Adom has been discussing it with Captain Marvel and the Batman for some time. My.. public profile makes some things a little difficult." I nod. "It was a matter of finding an appropriate investigation."

"Which of the sites the angels visited did they send you to?"

"Ethiopia. Their government were polite to me, as they are hoping that my sister will help them with their farming."

"Find anything interesting?"

He shakes his head. "The Orthodox Patriarch was insensible and the church was empty. It was supposed to house a Jewish holy artefact called 'The Ark of the Covenant', but if it did then it is not there any longer. Miss Zatara checked with her magic, and there did not appear to be any lingering effects, other than the consecration of the church itself."

"Miss Zatara?"

"She is my…" He frowns for a moment. "Personal development coach? I am.. still not sure why I need a mentor other than Adom…"

"Several plausible reasons. First, while I have the greatest respect for Adom, he isn't a 'superhero' in the modern sense. And he knows it. He has instincts which were right for the era of his birth, and he is still not always sure what the correct way to act is. And while he has people advising him and teaching him, he knows that learning… Basic things like that on the job isn't ideal when that job is running a country."

Amon nods. "So I am to learn the correct way from the start, while I am not running a country. That is wise, but Miss Zatara is not older than me."

"She grew up as the daughter of a superhero. She knows the attitude and comportment which the role requires, and while many of our other more experienced team mates have school her schedule is flexible enough to fit in with you. And.. it.. sometimes helps to have someone to go to who isn't your main mentor."

"Because I am a teenager, and therefore must be argumentative and disruptive." He shakes his head. "If that habit was ever in me, then it was beaten out of me."

"Everyone has bad days, Amon. Sometimes it helps to get things out of your system with someone else, so that you can talk to the person with whom you have a disagreement with a clearer head. And I'm not sure that Zehuti can really serve in that role."

"Ah…" He looks away. "No."

"Problem?"

"Adom… He says he hears the gods literally speaking with him. But Captain Marvel does not."

"As I understand it, Jebediah used different versions of the empowerment spell on them."

"I do not hear them as Adom does. I have.. tried.. setting the power aside, and I am wiser with it than without it, but I do not hear a voice."

"You see? This is the sort of thing you could talk to Zatanna about."

"Ah…" He glances back over his shoulder, towards the corridor he flew out from. "O.. kay?"

"But since you're asking me… The augmentation clearly works. Adom shares his power with you because he loves and respects you. If he wanted to talk to Zehuti he'd just do it himself; he doesn't need you to do it for him." He nods. "Now, Adom worshipped Zehuti for decades before Jebediah put them in direct contact. You’ve-. Sorry, I realise that I don't know whether you actually worship them or not."

"I don't know. 'God' was just something the older prisoners talked about when the guards weren't listening. I pray as Adom does, but I haven't.. really…"

"Couple of options, then. We could perform a ritual to put you in direct contact with them, or we could visit Jebediah and ask him what's going on."

"Captain Marvel said that the wizard does not wish to see Adom. But I suppose that he has not said anything-"

"Hey Paul!"

"-about me."

We both turn as Zatanna strolls into the training area, Staff of Love in hand, violet smoke wafting around her.

"Good morning, 'Miss Zatara'."

She blinks, then rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Amon, stop calling me that."

I wave as Leonid and Kaldur walk in behind her. "Anything official to do today?"

Kaldur nods. "Rocket Red has informed us of a marked increase in petty thefts in western Russia, and Batman has confirmed that countries in central and eastern Europe are experiencing a similar crime wave."

I nod. "Canis, Tula, Garth?"

"Canis found the idea that someone would steal precious metal from a museum to be most profoundly offensive."

I nod. "Unless they were stealing to order, unique pieces would only be useful for the value of the metal."

"Garth is… Visiting his family. Tula is accompanying him."

"Relatives who.. didn't have anything to do with him getting exiled for having purple-?"

"No." Kaldur bows his head. "It is a… Delicate time for him."

Pshfffffffff. If it was me, I wouldn't bother. I mean, sure, King Orin can't pretend his home city doesn't exist, but after what they did to him I'm astonished that Garth's giving them the time of day. But, of course, up to him.

"Alright. Where to first?"

Zatanna smiles. "Bucharest. Have you ever visited it?"

"Yes, I went to see quite a few places when I was getting used to flying around with my ring. I actually visited the Museum of Art Collections in twenty ten."

"Maybe if we get time you could show me around?"

"Ah… Sure, though the tour guides would probably be better." I turn to Kaldur. "So… Boom tube to Ankara, or is Canis actually answering his radio this time?"

Zatanna shakes her head. "No need. I've finally gotten the hang of group teleports. Everyone ready?"

Amon and Leonid nod, Kaldur puts his right hand up to stop her. "I need to speak with Orange Lantern for a moment. Please, continue on."

She frowns for a second, then shrugs, lifting the staff with her right hand and pressing her left down on the Star Sapphire itself. There's a swirl of mist and then she, Amon and Leonid are gone.

No backwards chanting?

"What is it?"

He looks.. mildly uncomfortable for a moment. "I need to ask you to tell me whether or not you are in secret discussions with the government of Venturia."

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  26. Sonder

Sonder Apostle of FLUFFY TAIL

Should we be concerned about Zatanna?

She might be hitting the love juice powers a little too hard.

27. Buggy123

That came out of the blue, now didn't it?

Unless I'm misremembering something, which I might be.

28. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I know a lot of people were upset with Hinon for some weird reason, but what did happen with her? Did the watchtower get upgraded? What did she do with Alan? Or are you just not going to cover it due to the strange number of upset people?

29. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

...a Jewish holy artefact called 'The Ark of the Covenant', but...
    (The common usage. There were a few hits on 'Arc', but not many...)
    And Yikes, the Angels were not messing around...

She knows the attitude and comportment which the role requires...

...or we could visit Jebediah and ask him what's going on."

Oh, that's worrying. At least her punctuation isn't colored. Yet.

Very worrying...

Angling for a date, eh?

She frowns for a second, then shrugs, lifting the staff...

Another uncapitalised instance.
    ...Wasn't that Grayven's thing? Looks like someone else picked up that plot hook. Or did OL actually do it - it has been a while since I've seen that plot thread... I guess Tomorrow will show us.

Probably happening off-screen since it's been less than an hour going by timestamps, so we won't know about it until we see Hinon again...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  30. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Clarion Call 3, where Paul wanted to go to them for a research project and, as a consequence, found out that Queen Clea had recently succumbed to old age. Judging by the times and time zones of subsequent episodes, he got a missive to deliver to King Orin that the angels might have destroyed in the course of killing him. Unless it was in subspace, and he just forgot because of the whole "being dead" thing.