1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMV Theater

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Mar 11, 2015.

1. DawnGazer

DawnGazer Versed in the lewd.

Hey guys, I hate to do this, but help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope

I don't know if it's even still around, but I loved an Evangelion AMV that I can't seem to be able to find again. I can't remember if it was recent enough to have 1.0 ect footage, but it can't be that old. It had a song who's title I don't know, but it was like some Christian rock/metal or whatever band, I only remember some of the lyrics used during the song: As high as the heavens are above the earth, that's how far you've taken our sin from us... and I will sing Hallelujah

If anyone can gimme a link to it, assuming it's still around, that'd be awesome.

Have an offering of the AMVs I've saved:

2. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

*google-fu for song name then youtube search*

Is this it?

3. DawnGazer

DawnGazer Versed in the lewd.

It is! Thank you very much, I have some fond memories of this AMV :)

4. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

Sakuracon 2018 AMV Contest Entries (Limited to 5 entries per post)

Note: A lot of these are to compilation channels. If you are the creator, or anyone who can point me to the version the creator would prefer, please drop me a PM. I'll be happy to update the post.

Imabot and Guile like this.
  5. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

6. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

7. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

8. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

9. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

10. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

11. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Lots of good music and some with really snappy editing tricks, although a lot of the songs didn't seem to quite... fit? Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for. I think it's AMVs with jump cuts set to the song's beat that impresses me. The Thunderbird Studio AMVs do it, I think that's why I like them the best of the bunch.

Possibly Hell of a Feeling is just cribbing on my love of Bakemonogatari, but I think it's good on its own merits too.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  12. Guile

Well, I'll add to the pot also.

Holy to Me
    Fate Apocrypha AMV. I keep telling myself that Fate Apocrypha couldn't possibly be a good show with 14 Masters and 16 Servants, but the AMVs keep trying to convince me. Doesn't hurt that the song is a power ballad that tries to set your blood on fire.

Runaway
    ???? AMV. Something about fireworks? I don't even know. It's super pretty, though. Hard to believe it's only 720p.

All the Blame
    Kekkai Sensen AMV. Aside from the amusement factor of a song with a chorus of 'We're only human, after all' when the Blood Blockade crew is... kiiinda not, it's a moody jazz tune that fits the tone of the show right down to the ground. And it has lyrics about eyes, which I think is some kind of union rule for Kekkai Sensen AMVs.

Monster In the Dark
    Magus Bride AMV. Weird focus on the 3-episode OVA set prior to the main show that most people agree wasn't all that good, and it's not using a lot of the grand vistas people usually cut for AMVs, which I think is a strength. It's cut well, the song is this pop-y thing with a twangy little guitar that doesn't seem to fit Magus Bride real well until you listen to the lyrics (There are monsters in the dark/They're not gonna keep us apart). It's nice, but different from the usual nice Magus Bride AMV.

Scarecrow
    Kizumonogatari AMV. The song has some really excellent synergy with Araragi's little brush with vampirism, and Kizumonogatari is a really pretty movie. And like the above AMV, it does a good job avoiding (mostly) The Fight, you know the one if you've seen Kizu, and that feels fresh.

13. Vague Wanderer

Vague Wanderer Well worn.

Not my normal taste in music, but matching What's up Danger with the various iterations of Ghost in the Shell works surprisingly well:

14. Guile

Welp, 9 months on, I'm back to watching AMVs. So I'm just gonna dump out some AMVs with no particular rhyme or reason except that I liked something about them.

Break the Spell
    Ancient Magus Bride AMV. The song is an interesting take on Ancient Magus Bride that fits better following the late-season twist, with Thorn doing something unforgivable but her loving him anyway. It also times its cuts to the drum line in parts, and I love that shit.

Suk a Big Dik
    NSFW My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute AMV. Still have no idea what the chorus is saying, but it's funny and the animation is really smooth.

Otaku Paradise
    An AMV that's a love letter to anime cons, pretty much.

Gatsby
    ... Fuck knows. Dance AMV?

15. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Very fond of this one. Seconding the recc.

16. Guile

Still got a couple of these in me before my youtube list runs out, methinks.

Run Boy Run
    Run With the Wind AMV. I'm a little in love with this anime for being set in college and feeling like it's set in college. The song is pretty popular among AMVs, but it fits Run With the Wind better than most.

Solvent
    Land of the Lustrous AMV. Mostly I'm just in love with this song, it's a jam. The AMV manages to be something of a love song without being cloying or dull.

Two Heroes
    My Hero Academia movie AMV. Aw, lookit them all in their little suits, they're adorable. The AMV is certainly competently executed, but it gets a boost from the quality of the movie's animation and it's exciting and fun.

Can You Feel It
    Little Witch Academia AMV. Honestly? I kind of just want to live in the world of Little Witch Academia. Frenetic pacing, a little melancholy around the edges. Bringing it back in on a full cast shot at the end is maybe a bit much.

Anomen, kinglugia and Xicree like this.
  17. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

Just discovered this thread.

Thanks Guile.

kinglugia and Guile like this.
  18. Guile

Hero-owos
    Overwatch AMV. Fits the lyrics really well, even if the AMV isn't exactly telling a coherent story. Sometimes that's enough, I guess.

Trouble Ahead
    Fate AMV. There are some neat editing tricks in this one, and some kinda janky 3d. Also, what a mindfuck. But, y'know, Heaven's Feel. I repeat myself.

Fear Slayer
    Demon Slayer AMV. I like the way the sound effects from the anime are woven through the song so, so much. Made me appreciate Demon Slayer's sound design all over again; especially that sound of Zenitsu finishing his slash against the spider demon. Wow that's crisp.

Cinders
    Darling in the Franxx AMV. Whatever else you can say about Darling – and there's lots to say, a lot of it bad – you can't deny it can be a visually interesting and beautiful show that is trying to have themes and say things about people. Some of the special effects are a bit much, but I like it anyway. The music helps; 'I will make my way' is really appropriate for Darling, and 'Give me your tears, I will make fire from them' is a banger of a chorus.

Anomen likes this.
  19. Guile

Last batch for now.

The Greatest Revue
    Revue Starlight AMV. I liked this from the moment the showtune got to "All that was real is left behind" as she hit the down button and a huge chunk of wall turned out to be an elevator zooming down into the darkness below. Smooth animation, good action, good tunes.

Kaguya's Rap
    NSFW (potty mouthed) Kaguya-sama AMV.
    ... I dunno, man.

Super Casanova
    Outlaw Star AMV. Man, Outlaw Star, there's my childhood right there. It's in the original aspect ratio that looks super weird nowadays and the music doesn't 100% fit the show, but I still kind of love it and the show still looks great.

The Witcher || War Pigs
    The Witcher MV. Something of a theatrical trailer for the Netflix show. The show seems like much more over-the-top brutal fun rather than the game's frequently grim, melancholic world. Maybe that's just the Black Sabbath song playing in the background.

Imabot and Anomen like this.
  20. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I don't know this song, but I wanted to share.

Surprisingly relaxed musical choice for a video that's entirely supernatural martial arts. I think it works well.

21. Guile

Those camera angles are amazing.

Got a few myself:

Play With Fire
    Medley AMV. All the beautiful fire effects you could possibly want, with the conspicuous absence of Fire Force. I think my favorite line is probably 'I love the smell of gasoline' set to the appropriate Promised Neverland scene.

Night Witches
    Youjo Senki AMV. With only 12 episodes, Youjo Senki AMVs all start to feel a little same-y after a while, but the way it follows air combat is really cool, so. Plus, lines like 'Foes are losing ground, retreating to the sound/Death is in the air' and 'Cast their spells, explosive violence' set to symphonic metal is kind of perfect.

Poppycockers
    Kaguya-sama: Love is War AMV. I have to wonder what someone who isn't familiar with Kaguya-sama would think if they watch this AMV. Is Kaguya-sama a sports anime spy thriller war documentary love story? That sounds about right.

Rampages
    Vinland Saga AMV. There's something odd about the wipes this AMV uses, but it's pretty interesting to watch. It feels like it's trying to tell a story with all the metal action scenes and that's pretty cool, but it's out of order if it was trying to showcase Thorfinn's life. I like the drum solo.

22. Germtheory3Z

Germtheory3Z Experienced.

Nice thread, and good taste, here Guile.

This is a fairly surreal series of cuts from the Metro Exodus trailers, like a series of interlocking visions of nightmares for Artyom, but it's cut nicely alongside the original transitions.

This is a good follow through of some of the more emotional moments in Metro Exodus and just shows the trauma Artyom goes through.

An old Fate Zero amv showing Kiritsugu's descent into the guy he became in the series. "Never turn back now" indeed.

23. Guile

Thanks! Love that first Metro AMV. The gameplay isn't really my jam, but the story the game tells is pretty great.

I'm just going to recommend everything Radical Dreamer does. The rest of their Team Indigo has some good stuff, but Dreamer in particular marries silky smooth 1080p AMVs to this thing where they thread foley from the anime they're using through the AMV. I kind of love it. In particular:

Wilder
    Medley AMV. Probably my favorite of the bunch. Matching the foley with the beat and even onomotopeia the guy's singing about is wild.

Fear Slayer
    Demon Slayer AMV. Thought I'd posted this already, but maybe not? Anyway. Not in love with the song lyrics pasted onto walls and stuff, am in love with the foley, from the sleeves swishing to the hands hitting the floor in sequence.

Reasons
    Honkai Impact 3rd AMV. I don't know shit about Honkai Impact, but this AMV kinda makes me want to.

Man on a Mission
    Medley AMV. This one comes courtesy of Ziplopz. Similar to Wilder it mixes music with foley, plus a couple of the cuts are so smooth you barely notice the scene change. Just try to ignore the watermark, which is kind of a dick move on the editor's part.

Germtheory3Z likes this.
  24. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Disco Limbo -
    Death Parade AMV set to Disco Heaven by Lady Gaga. Has good style, timing, and there's just something about it despite the fact that I've never actually seen this anime.

Amanda's Dance Floor -

Little Witch Academia AMV to Devil's Dance Floor by Flogging Molly. High energy, and the Irish aesthetic really goes well with who Amanda is as a character.

Germtheory3Z and Guile like this.
  25. Germtheory3Z

SasuSakuNaru || Two guys, no satisfaction. The funny one detailing Sakura's disatisfaction with Naruto and Sasuke's... performance. Funny choice of lyrics and footage, but that's it really.

AMV - Тhе Αskіng Ρrіcе 720p. A Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV really covering the regrets, warcimes and failures of the characters pretty damn well with a lot of really nice cuts and timely footage.

Plague Dogs - Fix you An old film based on a British book about two abused dogs that escape from a medical experiment lab. If you've seen it like it means a lot, but if not the point here is solidarity between the two dogs and the fox they meet up with.

Imabot likes this.
  26. Guile

I like the saturation kesidii does (did?) on her AMVs. It makes for a pretty thing.
    Why would you end on this one, tho

Germtheory3Z likes this.
  27. Germtheory3Z

Just because i really like it, because I really liked the story, even if it's a bit sad and ooc for people who don't know it.

28. Germtheory3Z

Three more AMVs.

Daughter of the Wolf is a great Witcher 3 AMV showing Ciri, Yennefer and Geralt's relationship. "Wolf mother, where you been? You look so worn, so thin." Great lyrics mix.

At the End is an AMV about the Princess and the Pilot anime movie, which is pretty self explanatory about the actual story involved. Basic story but great visuals with some kind of WW2 tech steampunk with airships and such.

Spanish Wolf is a Spice and Wolf AMV showing Holo's... personality and the relationship with Holo. Pretty damn upbeat, especially if you know the series.

Guile likes this.
  29. Guile

Those are all pretty great, even though I've only ever seen Spice and Wolf.

A few in return:
    AMV G*NGBANG
    Medley AMV. Kinda reminds me of those 'Versus' AMVs that were popular for a minute. Mostly revolves around gun fights, got some great editing tricks here and there.

Norfleet
    Kekkai Sensen AMV. I'm not saying Kekkai Sensen is all style and no substance so this AMV fits it perfectly, but, uh... it looks cool as hell anyway.

Lucky Seven
    Nozaki-kun AMV. It's peppy and fun and the editing is sharp, and it reminds me of all the fun I had with Nozaki-kun.

Feed the Machine
    Youjo Senki AMV. I am so weak to these. I can't even explain why. I just am.

Germtheory3Z and Imabot like this.
  30. Guile

Stuff!

I'm So Sorry
    Beastars AMV. Kind of disordered, but I think it's trying to get at the central theme of Beastars and Lugosi's struggles with himself, and I like the music.

Slumber
    Mob Psycho 100 AMV. A trippy ode to the shitty parts of being Mob and the worrying consequences of a bullied kid with real ultimate power. Catchy song, though.

Last of the Real Ones
    Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia AMV. You hear this song a lot in AMVs, and I still don't know what exactly 'the real ones' are supposed to be. But it's snappy, the individual lyrics line up pretty well, and Ufotable animation is gorgeous as always (minus Tiamat, but the AMV even makes her look good).

Blue Monday
    Star Wars AMV. Slow starter, but I kinda love that they synced up the lightsaber foley to the music. It's also vaguely hilarious that they sped up the Vader v. Obi Wan so it'd fit the music better.

Honorable mention, because it's barely an AMV:
    Open Your Eyes
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild AMV. Mostly instrumental. Very pretty, almost meditative.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Imabot, kinglugia and Germtheory3Z like this.