1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Possible Britishism that Tula wouldn't have any reason to use? It reads weird to me at least.

WhiteNoise, Finerc, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

<takes a breath to speak...

...Damn, you beat me to it. Also: 'imagine'

I'm sure there's some statue about 'inciting lewd behaviours in minors' or something...

High-magitech divining. Nice.

Never split the party, after all.

She also sounds a little British there :p

Ah, the kind that gives.. Happy Endings.

And extremely happy, I bet.

If they are within the usual power distribution curve for carnalites then that will be sufficient."

Well, good to see he's not too biased.

Better as one word, perhaps?

A Nunnery? :D

Heh, this could be a rare occurence in a superhero setting. Police raiding a possibly succubus-employing massage parlor? That's the sort of thing you'd read about in the trashy Tabloids.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I knew what video that was before clicking.

This operation seems like a resource collection gig to me, some demon building up power. Me thinks OL should be more worried than this.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Tula's English isn't up to contractions yet.

5. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Artemis is one of the most durable beings on the planet, how would a massage have any effect on her?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    nobodez and Navi-Hank like this.
  6. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

"Power rings are awesome."

EDIT: Also, it might have been before she got Dannered, it's been a while since then.

7. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Okay that makes sense, I forgot about power rings for a second.
    He took the massage lessons after he merged with the Ophidian and enhanced her.

8. Prince Charon

Ah. Hadn't remembered that.

9. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

It probably only altered the mechanical properties of her flesh at the extreme end, e.g. tensile strength. Think of it this way: (thin) fabric made from woven kevlar is about as easy to bend as a paper towel, but try tearing kevlar and you're not gonna have a ton of luck.

Navi-Hank, Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Prince Charon

It's not just her skin being more durable, though. The muscles are the issue here, and those are certainly strong enough that he'd need his power ring or some other enhancement.

Alexandercctv likes this.
  11. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

But the idea is that you don't necessarily have to make a substance less flexible, bendable, etc to make it capable of withstanding greater forces. Her muscles could be just as flexible, squishable, etc-able as normal muscles, it just happens that they tense with much greater force when contracted, and can withstand a much greater force before risking failure.

Though, that would make massaging kinda difficult at first, if even somewhat tensed muscles had the rigidity of steel cable.

Bramble Thorn and Navi-Hank like this.
  12. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Power rings don’t really have telekinesis - they move things indirectly through solid constructs that they can move - he’d probably be jack-hammering her muscles or something, but he can’t give a deep tissue massage from the inside.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  13. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

The question that occurs to me is that yes, OL checked Earth-16 Linda Danvers for 'being a Kryptonian' and came up empty.

But do we know if Kryptonians had any technology akin to, say, a Chameleon Arch?

Alexandercctv, nobodez and Cuchulin like this.
  14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

A group can be called an Anthology, a Stable, or a Whored.

15. Mr Zoat

Not according to Har-Zod.

16. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Well, Linda Danvers in a lot of universes isn't Kryptonian, but angelic, or at least a fallen angel of some kind reborn as human. That's the whole Earth Angel Supergirl thing

17. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

And yet a group of whores is called a "Parliament".

And now I'm picturing Paul attempting a sting on the Court of Owls and busting down the wrong door. "Whoops, wrong Parliament"

18. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

How can a Demon be in the country legally? Are they allowed to naturalise, or something?

Shouldn't banishment back to Hell be simply deporting them?

Or, has nobody thought of it in that kind of way?

Cuchulin and Jormuungaand like this.
  19. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

How can you tell if they’re a demon? How can you tell they weren’t born in the states and just aren’t registered? Or that there’s no demons in the system itself?

infinityDivided and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I'm sure there's ways to tell if their demons, although the average cop isn't likely to have them. Demons, as far as I know, are all born in Hell, although there are people with demonic powers/infuance who aren't.

As for Demonic citizens, I'd want to see the paperwork on that, and see how many times they lied on it. Remove their citizenship for lies?

Frankly, knowing what I do about Demons in DC, I'd assume they should be gotten rid of, and fuck the paperwork. Treating them like people is not something I approve of. Aliens being people, sure. Demons? No.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

So which is it?

If the effect is intentional so you know you are under attack, the minimum starting heat level should be warm enough so it is easily detectable without a power ring monitoring for minute amounts of heat and then issuing a warning.

You know, explicitly for the subtle John Constantine type stuff that uses very little magic. Even if the Spell Eater stops it from working on you, you should really want to know if some normally undetectable spell was just attempted on you. Instead of the opposition knowing their "Influence Minds" spell got blocked, with you never even aware they made the attempt because you never noticed the spell eater barely getting warm.

Except the Malthusians. Apparently they get some variant of Error 503 Connection Refused by Server.

gluttony demons?

Cuchulin, DrThoth and erebus1994 like this.
  22. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Gluttony is a kind of greed. The point is that they’re like Succubi in that they feed off of excess sensation.

23. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Um. This is demons we are talking about here. Ever hear about the Seven Deadly Sins?

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, & Pride?

Gluttony is in its own category separate from Greed. If a succubus is called a Lust demon, then something that feeds off of people gorging themselves would then be a called a gluttony demon.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Artemisnemo

Artemisnemo Getting sticky.

What specifically the seven deadly sins are has changed quite often over time and has included both gluttony and greed both at the same time and taking the place of the other.

25. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Yes, I helped playtest a choice game in which one gets kidnapped by serial killers who claim to be the embodiments of the sins. It's open to interpretation if they're actually right about that or not.

The fact that the Dante's Inferno 8 were just as valid comes up in story, but naturally discouraged by the leaders of the group.

The worst sin according to Dante's Inferno is treachery, after all. They wouldn't want any of their killers getting ideas...

26. Threadmarks: Angelic (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

28th January
    11:58 GMT -5

Midday Saturday doesn't appear to be a very busy time for 'massages'.

"What sort of ward is that?"

Water trailing from her armour, Tula considers it for a moment. "A weak one. I would guess that they copied images from a book without any understanding."

I nod to the police officers setting up a barricade across the road. I get a… Not entirely friendly look back. Why is-? Oh, come on. Angels mark you for death one time and suddenly you're the bad guy! Should have negotiated for a general announcement…

"I'm starting to take that sort of thing a little personally." I blink, the world before me changing colour. "Good job it only blocks my empathic vision. Three… Probably clients, getting an actual massage. One masseuse each, receptionist and two others."

Hm. Perhaps it's a massage parlour and a 'massage parlour'?

"Are you picking up any active magic use?"

"No, none." Her eyes unfocus slightly as she takes another reading of the ambient magics. "I don't think we're going to find a leader or magician here."

"Probably not. But now that we're here, we may as well take a look. It's difficult to use demon magic in America without breaking the law, and at the very least we might be able to scare them off doing anything more with it." She nods. "Please stay here and maintain the ward." I raise my left hand to my ear. "Artemis, are you in position?"

"Yeah, all set up here."

Artemis is perfectly capable of covering the rear exit with glue arrows. I was going to have Raquel in reserve above the building, but that seems… Unnecessary. On the other hand, asking her where she'd prefer to be isn't how things are done.

"Rocket, how much reading have you done on magic use?"

"Ah, some? I don't know as much as you or Tula. DMN never caught on in Dakota."

So I can't really justify her taking the lead here. Maybe next time, then. I mean, given Dakota I imagined that drug trafficking would be right up her street.

"Okay, keep an eye and an ear out. I'm going in. I'll shout if I need you."

"Right."

"Chief Clayborne?"

At the other end of the street I see him raise his right hand. "All set up here."

"Orange Lantern moving into suspect premises."

Out of ingrained habit I look both ways before crossing the road. This mission doesn't call for power armour. Light armour with a ward and a personal kinetic barrier is more than enough. If any crimes are happening in there, the presence of police is going to be more than scary enough without me crashing around.

I push open the door and look around. They've gone for a kind of… Doctor's waiting room aesthetic. The receptionist -a strikingly attractive-.

Hah.

Warning: spell eater temperature increasing.

I head over to the desk as she smiles welcomingly-. No, invitingly at me. The desk and the seating behind it are set up to draw the eye to the receptionist's spectacular cleavage. When her eyes meet mine I surreptitiously fish my rune stone out of its pouch and glance down at it. Weakly demonic. Probably a minor infusion of essence of succubus for a cheap instant makeover and instinctive glamour, which thanks to the spell eater is doing nothing to me. Are people cutting DMN with things now? The version Satanus was handing out when we first encountered it gave far stronger effects than this. Or maybe they don't think that they need it?

"Good morning."

She smiles winsomely. "I don't believe that I have anyone down for a mid-day appointment, sir. If you'd like to book-."

I pull out my Justice League documentation and hold it out. For a second her face falls, then she brightens up and-

-I'm going to assume that she's trying to turn up her glamour.

"Please don't do that. Justice League operatives aren't susceptible to weak magic. I'd like the arrests here to be as peaceful as possible."

Her eyes water as-

-she tries turning it up again, her right hand going for her desk telephone. I tag the phone with a filament and move it into my left hand, then take a mage slayer round out of subspace, lean forward and tap the tip of it against her forehead. The tiny runes on the round shimmer for an instant, then her chest deflates, minor instances of discolouration appear on her skin and the structure of her face becomes just a little more asymmetrical.

"When I say 'please don't do that', I'm not actually offering you a free choice, I'm just being British." I put the rune stone and round into an equipment pouch, because the round is now evidence. "Would you care to explain to me how you got access to demonic magic?"

"I-. N-not without talking to a lawyer."

"You do of course have that right. However, if as a result of you withholding information a demonic attack occurs I will encourage the judge to impose the maximum sentence possible. Police officers are waiting outside to arrest you."

I scan her, but I'm not seeing any weapons or vials of DMN and a quick burst of empathic vision doesn't show anything relating to fighting.

I point to the door. "Go now."

With a minor false start she rises, cowed, and walks out of the front door.

"Receptionist disempowered and coming out. Please arrest her."

"Will do. They're definitely using Devil Ji-. Using DMN, then?"

I smile at the Chief's slip. "She was, or something very much like it."

"Okay, I see her." There's a momentary pause as I consider whether I should walk in on the massages in progress or head towards the other people. "You got any idea who came up with that God damned name for it?"

"Me, actually. I wanted something that would put people off the stuff."

He huffs into his radio. "I suppose I can't fault your logic, but have you got any idea what it's like to write that on official reports?"

"Yes, actually, and mine go to Batman." Massage rooms are closer, so I walk towards the nearest. "Heading to the massage rooms."

"The receptionist is asking for a lawyer."

"I'm not supposed to mind control people into spilling their guts unless I have 'clear and direct evidence that they are a party to an imminent or ongoing attack', so I'm afraid that she's entitled."

"Huh. Guess I assumed that you guys could do whatever."

"I couldn't be punished for it, but it would undermine the prosecution. And probably terminate your career if you asked me to without good cause. I would action your request as you're the ranking police officer, but I would strongly advise-."

"Yeah, no. By the book unless there's a smoking gun."

"Understood."

I knock, then push open the door. Another improbably attractive woman, this time with her hands wrapped around a middle-aged man's shoulders. Her patient looks up, frowning in my direction.

"I'm.. sorry sir-."

"Orange Lantern. I work for the Justice League and I'm afraid that you're under arrest." Another mage slayer taps her on the forehead, to much the same effect as it had on the receptionist. "Please leave the building at once and surrender yourself to the police. Sir, you aren't under arrest, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to answer a few questions. Please dress and then make your way outside."

"What? I was just getting a massage?"

"And that's perfectly legal sir, but unfortunately this parlour uses demonic magic and we feel it would be best-."

His face falls, and he turns his head to look at his masseuse and then double-takes and scrambles off the massage table, sans towel.

"Dress in your own good time, sir. Madam, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to insist."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  27. Mr Zoat

People immigrating into the United States aren't required to reveal their species. Any demon who went through the process would be there legally. Alternatively, they could have lived their life as a human in the United States before going to Hell and becoming a demon. Or they could have come to the United States before citizenship requirements were as exacting as they are now.
    Technically, any amount of magic will result in it getting slightly warmed. It just won't get significantly warmer unless the spell has significant power behind it.
    Them too.

28. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

I love this minor law enforcement moment. It's almost like an episode of Cops.

29. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I feel a bit bad for them if all they're doing is using it to make themselves look more attractive.

30. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

So citizenship doesn't expire with death? Actually, hell is pretty awful, and everyone is always trying to get one over everyone else, so could a demon request asylum from hell? Or do immigration proceedings assume the "proper" way for a demon to enter the USA is to be summoned to earth somewhere else and then go through ordinary immigration channels like everyone else?