1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Seriously, OL, You need to get onto correcting that reputation loss.

To be honest, even a Lantern is overkill here unless something starts trouble..

I mean, given Dakota I imagined that drug trafficking right up her street.

You hope.

I suppose it works to weaken guests' minds. Even if the 'spectacular cleavage' alone is enough to do that without magic :)

I'm guessing the effects are too weak to affect the mage slayer itself.

Huh, conscientious.

With that much yellow? I doubt it.

No, that would have people up in arms over abuse of power or such.

Unsure is intentional or should it be 'act on'

...I'm going to have to ask you to answer a few questions.

He seems unsure of that...

Oh, yikes. I hope he was wearing underwear...

Very calm overall. So very British. Beats bashing the doors in with rams and screaming at people.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    That one is intentional.

3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Yet breaking the law because most states in America have any demon/devils laws.

And heck considering this is DC, I would surprise me some anti demons laws were in effect in the whole country.

Heck, is probably the only kind of laws Doctor Fate was able to get passed back in the old days since anti chaos laws would be a legal nightmare.

Plus in DC the nazis did use demons.

That's what he gets by not convincing people the Angels were illegal aliens.

Actually Angels are illegal aliens unless they have legal citizenship in the country they appear or travel to.

4. Mr Zoat

Under the Citizenship Recognition Act, it is illegal to discriminate on the grounds of species. While there probably are states that still have laws in contravention of that, they would eventually win the court case.

Intelligent law makers are switching to tightening up the proscription of particular types of magic.

5. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

If there ever was a "gateway drug" it is literally this one.

It is astounding how entertaining some walking through a massage parlour and tapping people's foreheads with magic rounds can be.

6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Are they considered to lose their citizenship upon death? Where going to hell when they die, and returning, would be considered illegal immigration?

7. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Do the demons resulting from conversion of a human count as the original human? It seems to me like it'd be more accurate to call it identity theft of a deceased individual. People coming back from other afterlives might be treated differently, but from what I understand of the process a demonic conversion is more like hollowing out the original person and putting a doppleganger in charge of the body who has all the original's memories.

8. Mr Zoat

That has not yet been tested in court.

9. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

"Sir, I won't hesitate to beat your ass with your own shoe!"

10. Ashaeron

Ashaeron Know what you're doing yet?

It also includes a glamour, which in the worst cases can be seen as precursors to mind control.

11. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Paragon or another character setting up a political summit or something on demonic immigration, where he gets Mammon to appear at the White House. If Zauriel showed up as a consultant or third party that would be even more fun, imagine the headlines.

While I think Renegade Earth is largely better off with less active supervillains, I imagine Hell is in pretty bad shape since the First of the Fallen, Satanus and Neron are all in power- though the First’s presence probably means stagnation and the status quo instead of any innovation like DMN.

12. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Same, but at the same time if they are doing that they are idiots.

When it is will the case be Devil v Daniel Webster? J/K

13. Scholar of Time

Scholar of Time Master of Lurking

~Bad Jizz, Bad Jizz, messing up the fools~
    ~Justice League following procedural rules~

14. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Given the type to go for that kind of thing, Paul, you probably produced exactly the opposite effect...

15. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

He might have thought that type of person would use it anyways.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Mr Zoat

No, because the case was against Jabez Stone.

17. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

I'm going to be honest, this whole episode is making me uncomfortable. Sending in superhero's to arrest people for consensual sexual activity. Arresting someone for using magic cosmetics. Because why should the way it is used matter then it is easier to just criminalize the whole branch.

When you answer for doing some skeevy thing is basically, "It's easier for me and the law allows me to," that is a pretty good indication of crappy behavior.

You are thinking of marriage. Marriage is 'till death do you part.' Citizenship isn't.

In America, natural born citizenship is rather irrevocable. Per the constitution, anyone born in a united states state or territory is a citizen. No crime or conviction can remove what is your literal birthright. Only intentionally and specifically relinquishing it before a US consular officially (usually in another country as part of the process of becoming a citizen of that country) If demons are persons, then there is a chain of continuity between the citizen they were born as in America, and the demon they were tortured into becoming in Hell. Otherwise, I could try and rendition you to a foreign country, and attempt to taser you in the balls until you stopped having rights as a citizen.

18. Mr Zoat

The SI comments on this a little later, but they aren't being arrested for consensual sexual behaviour. They're being arrested for drug offences, specifically using a drug made to enable demons to more easily reach the Earth. One that has provable links to some fairly extreme behaviour, and in this instance has low level mind control effects.

19. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Should have called it demon dung. Far less people are into eating that.

20. Vorian

Vorian Versed in the lewd.

They're using mind control magic. Consent is dubious at best.

21. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, this is from the Story Only post. The part of Half-hearted where OL, Constantine, Knight, Squire, and Captain Cornwall are fighting black light-esque zombies. Shouldn't it be five straight lines, not seven?

EDIT: Never mind. I read a reply you left in the original thread after that part that says the SI didn't remember exactly what it looked like and that John didn't bother to correct him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  22. Mr Zoat

Even though seven makes more sense.

23. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I'm fairly sure that only the Eastern states have anti-demon laws. There are no such laws at the federal level and as you move west the states tend to have been founded in later, less superstitious times. For example, while the state I live in happily embraces those Puritan roots (we have long-ignored laws on the books regarding which sexual positions are legal for crying out loud) there are no laws regarding the supernatural on the books.

No one has ever thought to make citizenship expire upon death. Which, given how many people have been legally dead (as in their heart has stopped) for a minute or two before being revived, is probably a good thing.

24. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

No, that's not how it went down:
    He DID, however, promote the use of that name on those grounds.

Summoning the individual at a suitable embassy or consul office ought to be acceptable.

If the heart can be restarted, then they're not legally dead; legally dead specifically requires "irreversible cessation" of vital functions.

However, there have been plenty of cases where someone has been dead in absentia or due to clerical error or misidentification, only to turn up alive and well at a later date. They're still citizens, and nominally any contracts (e.g. property) should still be in force, but the rest of the world moved along as if those contracts had expired, so your bank account will have been closed, your possessions will have been redistributed... Your life insurance policy will be PISSED at you and will require that you repay the benefits that were vested, with interest!

25. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Doesn't part of the immigration process involve putting down on paper where you come from? I assume if you lie on your paperwork, everything that comes after that can probably be invalidated.

26. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mr Zoat after seeing all these updates and interaction with law I would love a few updates of OL in court as a witness or expert on subject matter to discuss more mixed matters.

Wonder if he would have ability to sware to Eris or Olympian God of law instead of bible since not on best terms with them.

Alexandercctv, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  27. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think the angels like him more than the Greek God of Law(Zeus), and nobody would take an oath in Eris name seriously.

28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Which would just make it even better- and swearing by Eris in a court of law (ie order) is appropriately chaotic. At this point in the story, her doing anything helpful instead of wanting things to be like a conventional imbalanced divine patron/hero relationship would also be chaotic, in the best possible way.

I'm not sure any angels really like him now, except in that generic all-loving way some of them seem to have- but its true they’d still like him more than Zeus, which may have been your implication all along.

29. Mr Zoat

Certainly, so they could legitimately enter where they were born as a human.

30. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

And this why I think Oh El is an idiot, and Grayven is the smarter one. Oh Rl did the equivalent to give creatures of the Warp from Warhammer 40k citizen rights.

Funny enough Angels never have bothered to get US citizenship or a Visa in this story and so they can be treated like illegal immigrants.

Faking being someone else to fool the state is a crime, guess what most demons do to pass as humans?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019