1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Colts fan. Anime fan. Breast and back fan.

This an Evil Dead reference? More specifically, a paraphrasing from Army of Darkness?

PDV likes this.
  2. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well that's a twist.

In the comics, Linda is Buzz's wife, after several rounds of reincarnation, anyway.

I wonder if Romans' had the "until death due you part" concept of marriage.

A conversation about the 18 year old Linda being Buzz's wife for the last two thousand years could have made for a funny conversation.

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Whoops. I feel like I should be apologizing.

Bramble Thorn and DAT_NOOB like this.
  4. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, Ash had some great one-liners.

IIRC OL has a complete copy of the Grimorium Verum, so he should know who's who as far as demons go..

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Only works for old demons - might even be for ones older than 2000 years. Depends on when the original Grimorium was written.

6. Threadmarks: Angelic (part 19)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

28th January
    13:25 GMT -5

"Orange Lantern to Aquagirl."

Nothing. Damn it. Ring, show me.

"Buzz, are you talking about Carol Bowen?"

"Yeah, that's it. No idea why she picked it. Valeria's a lovely name."

The image appears in my mind, Fort Pickett… More or less as it should be. I don't know exactly what the arrangements the camp commandant made for our occupation were, but nothing.. particularly strikes me as strange about the soldiers' placement. And we didn't study the metaphysiques of her staff in any detail because Triskele was the greater threat and preparing for her required our magician's full attention. They could be disguised succubae using Devil Jizz as a disguise, humans looking for demonhood…

"Orange Lantern to team. We've captured and interrogated Buzz. He's admitted several crimes but says that the Devil Jizz was being produced by Carol Bowen, who he claims is a succubus. I am unable to contact Doctor Fate or Aquagirl. Aqualad, orders?"

"What is the status of Fort Pickett?"

"Doesn't look like anything is out of the ordinary. However, several demons have demonstrated ways to defy my scans."

"Time is of the essence. Take Cornwall Boy and perform reconnaissance. Inform us when you know more."

"Confirmed."

I fly rapidly down, depositing Buzz as I reach ground level.

"Cheers, mate. I'll be-."

"You want to stay right here."

"-staying right here." He looks around. "Never really took the time to smell the roses."

I fly back up to Robert.

"Ready?"

He nods, and the sky flickers as we transition to fifty metres from the front entrance of the base. While I could have brought us to the middle, defensive wards work best with established boundaries and there are all sorts of things a two thousand year old succubus could have set up. Still not seeing anything odd.

"Cornwall? Are you getting anything?"

He drops to the ground, looking towards the entrance gate. "Someone's using magic over there, and some of it feels like demon." He sounds a little despondent. "I can't… Really…"

Because he's not a thaumaturgist, and his great grandfather has mostly been teaching him how to use his abilities rather than teaching him magic theory. And I'm asking him for something a pure magician could do easily but which he can't.

"Fine. Let's-."

Rounds patter off my environmental shield and Robert blurs away from me as a volley pings off the road where he was standing a second before! The soldiers at the gateway are kneeling and firing at us. Good accuracy, but they're only using mundane automatic rifles.

"Soldiers attacking us."

I generate construct armour and fly at them, Robert following me a heartbeat later. The soldiers recognise that their shots are doing nothing to me and switch to him, but all that happens as their rounds hit home is that a thin film of metal begins to spread across his chest. Ward Against Metal is a remarkably useful spell in the modern era.

One bright spark has the idea of throwing a grenade our way, so I catch it and defuse it before it can risk hurting them. Honestly, that suggests to me that whatever enchantment is directing them has done a number on their combat skills. In an open environment the fragments the grenade throws out strike with less force than a volley from a rifle. I stop just before them, construct filaments flashing out and stunning them, taking hold of them as they fall and depositing them safely on the ground.

"Cornwall, can you confirm that they're under demonic influence?"

More shots strike my construct armour, and I raise a construct barrier to prevent deflections and near-misses hitting the soldiers on the ground.

Robert kneels and puts his hands on a soldier's head. "Yes, definitely demon."

"Orange Lantern to Angelica. Demonic incursion in progress in Virginia. Are you anywhere near a zeta tube?"

"Yes, I'm on the Watchtower. What sort-?"

"Two thousand year old ex-human succubus, her assistants and numerous mind controlled soldiers. Creating zeta tube construct now."

"Recognised, Angelica, Two Seven."

She steps out, wings flared and white/golden light radiating from her wings. "Be cleansed."

The incoming fire falls off immediately, soldiers who had been sprinting towards us stumbling and blinking in confusion. Right, good. Ring, where is-?

There's a yellow-gold flare of light from the barracks area, and a large purple-skinned demon is sent flying through the wall of one of the housing structures! Mister Quinn in full Doctor Fate mode follows up, a rain of ankhs flying from a golden disk floating just in front of his right hand biting into its skin! I generate railgun constructs and load mageslayers while Robert sprints towards the demon as it struggles to regain its feet. I'd guess that we're looking at Valeria, but we can confirm that once she's down.

Mister Quinn spreads his arms wide, causing two golden disks to appear above the demoness. She gets her feet under her, just in time for a golden chain to drop down from each disk and wrap themselves around her arms and upper torso.

"In the name of Order, I bind you!"

Mister Quinn's got that. What can I do? Ring, locate the other people being held here.

In a building-. Ah. I'm going to assume that she was siphoning power from them. Sex under the influence of demon magic… Neither they nor their partners appear in any physical danger, so I can leave that to a professional trauma counsellor. Where was the power going? Don't know. Ring, locate demonic sigils-.

I fly at speed to the canteen, pulling the wall out of the way to give me space while I examine the drawing on the floor. Tula unsteadily walks towards it, sigils of water forming as she tries to do.. something.

"Aquagirl?"

"She already left. I'm… Trying to-." She sags, shaking her head. "No. She's gone."

I fly closer. "Are you injured? Did she entrance you?"

She nods. "It was.. subtle. I thought they were just being.. helpful. Friendly. Then she was all I could think about."

I look behind me, to where the demoness… No, the human woman who was presumably enhanced by Devil Jizz, slumps in Mister Quinn's chains. The receptionist.

"Where did she go?"

"Back.. to Hell, I think. She had me draw.. this while she was working on the others. Doctor Fate-."

"He's physically fine."

I sigh in frustration. I think we can forget about prosecuting anyone, except some of Buzz's cultists. Any competent defence lawyer would point out that if Valeria could control Doctor Fate then none of her other employees stood a chance. And we couldn't use truth compulsion -even if it was admissible- because they probably don't know how much control of themselves they had.

"Angelica is on-site. Have her check you over for any lingering magic, then head back to the Mountain." She nods. "I've got to go and check up on Ms Danvers."

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  7. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Missing a quotation mark.

8. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn and Prince Charon like this.
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Missing End Quotes, though you've probably already fixed it by now.

Very proper and British. No rushing in punching face, just send it up the chain of command.

Ah, Branding. Makes prisoner management so much easier.

One more thing for the to-do list...

Very nice.

Ah, having angelic magic on your side is so handy, isn't it.

Good to see he's got the skill to back up Fate's rep.

Oh, my.

Definitely get her checked out, though. Don't want any hooks left in.

Any competent defence lawyer would point out that if Valeria could control Doctor Fate...

Let's hope her Daddy did his job and got her in lockup, rather than something stupid...

Not as bad as expected. Thanks mostly to the fact Valeria was more interested in running than fighting.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  10. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Huh, could they make something like Devil Jizz without the negative effects and connected to different entities? Having rescue forces take on the ability of an Earth Elemental would probably be useful in a building collapse

11. Buggy123

Maybe, but I bet it'd be a lot harder. Demon magic is well known for being rather... compatible, considering that demons want people to use it as much as possible.

12. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Well, we can all hope "going back to hell" was the end of this, but we all know better.

13. Prosecutor-0

Prosecutor-0 Getting out there.

"Ward Against Metal is a remarkable useful spell in the modern era."

This feels wrong, should it be "remarkably"?

Mr Zoat and Prince Charon like this.
  14. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I'd honestly find it kind of funny if the demons involved just wrote this whole thing off as a bust and didn't try to do anything else for a while

Sadly they really are more likely to say "Alright, so the Orange Lantern fucked up my operation. I could either do the smart thing and cut my losses, or do the dumb thing and attack him and those he cares about directly. Clearly the latter is the better choice, go team hell." even in what I'm calling DC-Zoat where people do things for rational reasons more than they do in any comic book.

15. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

So the Renegade version then? What if OL wasn’t with the team, Buzz was still working with Beelzebub, and there was no Dr. Fate?
    Fortunately, Devil Jizz might not be a thing either.

DrThoth and Cuchulin like this.
  16. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Mr Zatara controls nabu If I remember correctly

Cuchulin, DrThoth and Prince Charon like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

18. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

With hand grenades the pin just holds the lever in place, which once released ignites the fuse. Putting a pin in after that does nothing. You may want to change that to subspacing the grenade, using a construct or a cold gun to extinguish the fuse, throwing it into the air or away from people, putting it in a bubble to contain the blast, etc.

[​IMG]

19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

20. X18999

X18999 Getting some practice in, huh?

It must be incredibly frustrating that pretty much everyone is going to walk free after this.

Relyt33 and Prince Charon like this.
  21. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Important safety tip, that. I vaguely thought that might be the case, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Gilhelmi and doug89 like this.
  22. Buggy123

I feel like most people won't need this, but the few people who will need it won't have a chance to read it.

Accidentally arming a grenade is a mistake you make once.

23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

If you notice and throw it quickly enough (in a direction that gets it far enough, or puts something sturdy enough between you and it), there's still a chance that you'll survive the mistake, but you would likely never make it again, out of fear of the close call that you had.

24. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I’m still impressed the succubus fooled Paragon’s empathic vision so well; could he possibly learn to sense all magical energies like a conventional magic-user? He’s already demonstrated awareness of New God speech.

Maybe Cornwall Boy can get tutoring from the Atlanteans or Mister Zatara, since he’s not on active League duty like Doctor Mist.

How incompetent/hands-off are the Lords of Order if they don’t know about Nabu’s brain-death yet? Maybe Quinn is just being poetic but his spell does sound like an invocation to Order, and I’d imagine they love bureaucracy and tabulating records on use of Order magic. At the very least Shazam, who would have plausibly sensed the mystic aftershocks of Nabu’s defeat, could have gotten the whole story from Billy. Then again Shazam doesn’t seem to be doing anything about Teth Adom and company despite him believing they’re a threat, so I suppose Lords of Order are just really passive/reactive figures.

25. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

It was updated with Constantine's notes.
    Too bad they didn't have Euanthe with them. Snagging that holy wood means she can go all burning bush on demons.

DrThoth, Vorian and Prince Charon like this.
  26. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

hes got a point, it really is.

DAT_NOOB and AngelicKnight. like this.
  27. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Unless it's a plaster grenade, with which you can do it twice, or more with good prosthetics.

28. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I wonder how Linda/"Noriel" will react to the truth of their/her existence. She probably won't believe it unless the Lasso of Truth or the real Noriel or another angel is brought in to set the record straight. I can see why the League would want her on the Team then, if only to keep a close eye on a powerful and likely unstable magician/fake angel.

29. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

They already tried teaching him with Atlantean books, but he didn't really make progress since he uses a entirely different kind of magic, I assume the same problem would result from Zataras kind of magic.

But its not really a priority because he doesn't need to know much about the theoretical aspects anyway since, he doesn't plan to be a scholar but a superhero and his powers seem to have grown a lot in little time, and his teacher is a Mage of power comparable to Nabu.

30. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Wonder what happens if Mammon catches her.