1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

A very pertinent question, given his disguise.

And there's now a lounge in place of the library

"No. The magics of this house confuse my senses."

First thought was Guardian, but he'd be a crook here... Wonder what the shield is.

Guessing he was expecting power Ring Blue.

Seriously, Manhunter? Not the best time.

Double spacing here.

"Dleihs sparts kaerb!"
    That would be Grundy? I'm picturing the fully intelligent one that turned up back in the Noughties?

What is it with Luthors and force-field head protection?

They're currently in chains in Shadowcrest."

Dude, just stop. You're beaten, have some dignity.

More than a few places in Africa, alas...

You haven't seen a fully capable lantern, have you? Power Ring Green was a fool, Blue has no energy, Yellow no support AI and Sapphire probably has Zamaron malware.

That is a bit worrying...

I can't imagine how intimidating that would be, watching this guy just ignore everything thrown at him...

Let's see how this pans out, then. Will Luthor actually show some sense, or is he stuck in a bad situation, just like Luthor-16?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder if using the plane of avarice for teleportation could potentially be used to traverse dimensions.

3. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

At this point I'm just waiting for Paul to lose his shit and completely destroy them while politely explaining what they did wrong and why they are idiots while standing over them

4. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Still think my earlier suggestion, both sides destroy each other, Zatanna traumatized, Paul saying this is what they want, is a possibility. Other suggestion is an OLC strike force decimating both sides and reducing everyone to baseline human abilities and stone age tech. That would get message that they are all idiots across.

protoss16, Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Same, Luthor's team have absolutely no idea who they are dealing with and how dangerous it is to get him angry.

6. Irked

Irked Experienced.

I feel bad for NegaPaul, after OL's merry little vacation in his dimension EVERYONE is going to be keeping a close eye on him after seeing his alternate stomp his way through damn near everyone.

7. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

That's a awesome montage of no-selling. Someone asks if he feels threatened, and he teleports infront of them and spends the next 30 seconds completely ignoring the attempts of everyone else in the room to attack him, while giving a speech.

Although, how Slade can hear him over 20-something automatic rifles firing is beyond me. Maybe they're something quieter like plasma weapons?

8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That is assuming there is anyone left when he and Zorina return.

Also, how can OL disable Q-Ranger non-lethally? I'm also curious on how he counters Medea.

9. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

If Power Ring Blue is in space with Zorina, is he getting a blue lantern made for himself? What he's accomplished on ambient hope is amazing, but it's time to step his game up.

10. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

I'm assuming you mean Luthor. I'm willing to bet he has sound filters of some sort in his armor.

11. Temp0101

Temp0101 Not too sore, are you?

Man its getting to the point where OL might just go "Diplomacy has failed" and curb-stomp a new paradigm into place and leave.

12. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Nope. Anger isn't the problem, making him want to destroy them is what they should avoid and they are hardcore failing.

13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I have a feeling that whatever OL does here is a contributing factor to his relationship with Batman becoming strained. I also can't wait to see the JL 12's looks when they realize the consequences of their actions and what OL does to resolve them.

14. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

Sigh...

If he had just stayed and kept talking in their totally ineffective force field thing that was no threat to him he might have gotten somewhere diplomatically... maybe.

But, no. Gotta show how you can't be threatened and are now trying to talk to them after goading them all into attacking you.

Why? If you want to talk then talk, if you want to fight then fight. Why try to reason with them after emphasizing that you are a direct uncontainable threat?

15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

c3qo and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Maybe because the only reason he is even there is because he was tricked. He doesn't really want to help either side. He just wants to go home, and seeing how bullheaded and foolish both sides are has tested his patience. OL should just give an ultimatum, both sides come to an agreement, or suffer the consequences. After this, the JL 12 try to berate him, but is rebuffed by the accusation that they are partially responsible for the turmoil that is consuming America -14. I hope that whatever OL says to them is as scathing and difficult to dismiss as the complete blow out he had with the JL on Earth 16 before he left for Vega.

17. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

It's kinda close to the same thing, Paragon/Pavlos is REALLY rational so if he gets pissed at someone it is less i'm ANGRY than I WANT to beat this person up side the head until they see the error of their ways.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  18. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh, yeah, you're right. I misread the situation a little because i didn't realize Crock=Slade.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  19. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Didn't Luthor just say he wasn't willing to negociate?

CTrees and Chaoswind like this.
  20. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

"OPHIDIAN! I CHOOSE YOU!"

21. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I believe the thought process is that if they think they have him over a barrel, they are not going to take his offer of negotiations and conditional surrender seriously. I mean, not sure Luthor knows who he's dealing with at all, but if they consider him some form of new member of the Syndicate and they believe him trapped in the force field, with their attitude up to this point is uncertain if they were expecting him or even if they would listen to him if he wasn't trapped with Preceptor as well.

Apparently they aren't even making deals with captured members of the Syndicate to try to find the others, like regular police do to regular criminals all the time? But that's just my impression.

The only thing clear here is that this situation is a clusterfuck and I can't fathom the level of patience the Illustres has to keep putting up with parallel and all this constant inconveniences.

22. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

By the time they realize who/what they're dealing with, it'll be already too late. I can imagine it now, both sides utterly destroyed, Capo Scott and Luthor or Slade getting angry and demanding why Paul would do this, JL 12 doing something similar, and Paul completely and utterly shutting down their complaints, spelling out how each of them is to blame for what happened, and saying that he was done with them all before leaving with a (possibly stunned) Zatanna. Hope that when he leaves, he brings JL 12 with him so that they can have a little chat with JL 16 and the Team before going home with a lot on their minds. I feel especially sorry for Wally 12 if that happens, as he is the most hopeful of them all.

Edit: What if he decides that this situation is so bad, he deems it necessary to start assimilating people?

23. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Kinda hoping Justice League 12 winds up on Earth-16 for a while, if only to see their interesting reactions to their counterparts.

The Flash Wally meeting Kid Flash Wally, for example!

24. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

... to be completely honest i genuinely have no idea why he was wasteing his breath and (valuable) time negotiating with people he knew to be intractable to start with-i mean, at the very least he could have dismantled not-sportsmaster's gear by now and moved onto disarming the conventional troops in the room XD
    sometimes, the only way to get past a particularly-dense face-puncher's meat and to reach what passes for a brain is to leave them a pile of hamburger on the floor- if they're unwilling to listern to reason, remove all other options....

Valint, Finerc, Prince Charon and 3 others like this.
  25. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Oh. I think I see where we're going now. Paul's hopes are going to get crushed again. Sure we heard the line "We aren't just evil versions of your heroes" but time and time again we've seen that the Joker is crazy, utopian plans are paid for with genocide, etc. etc. Basically good old Lex is not going to agree with Paul. And we will see another example of why Blue-Paul was bitter.

Seriously what are the chances that the public's perception of Lex Luthor is correct?

26. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

I kinda expect this episode to end with PaulPhidian fighting AdaraPaul. Or for blue Paul to return right as Orange is leaving, and to have to deal with the ashes remaining in his passing.

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I wonder if any Pauls wound up in Timmsverse.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  28. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Blue!Paul: *Stares at ashes remaining in Paul's wake.* Honey, we're in charge now, before I get started doping people with blue light until they do what I want them to is there anybody left on your must vaporize list?

29. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Maybe that's what happened? When he went off into space, he accidentally took all Hope for a peaceful resolution with him. Which is why everyone is going nuts.

w34v3r, AidanMorgan, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  30. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Making a Lantern requires two things:

1. Someone with the competence to make a Lantern.
    2. At least one planet's worth of widespread emotion appropriate to the Lantern's intended color.

A previous example of a Hope Lantern being made involved the annihilation of a continent-spanning religious institution that would make the men in charge in The Handmaid's Tale double-take and cringe at how horrible it is to women.