1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

As mentioned, that's Earth 50, which is a variant of Earth 12 (Earth 12, Justice League, Earth 50, Justice Lords.)

No, Paul-12 did, using the last of his available ring charge.

2. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

Very dissapointed corporation Paul didnt bring in a merchant fleet vs the thanagarians and save the world with the power of corporate CEO salary.

Call it the East Galaxy Company fleet, Britannia rules the stars!

3. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Why would he even want it? Other than Wholeness Rightly Assumed, Orange rings are pretty high-maintenance. Paul and Grayven had to spend hours in meditation every day to prevent the ring from slowly corrupting their values; that only ended with Grayven's Awakening and Paul's Orange Enlightenment, both of which are tricks that Peter is likely not going to gain access to.

Keep reading:
    It was Peter, burning through the dregs of his ring charge to offer an airstrike to the League, who of course didn't have an emergency contact line because why would anyone ever want a fast, reliable way to get in contact with a bunch of superheroes?

4. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

"I ask, Batman, because my relationship is far more important to me than someone who breaks and enters my home in the dark of the night to interrogate me about my universal-alternates. So either stand there waiting for me to finish making out with my girlfriend or call me tomorrow and set up an appointment like a normal human being."

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

AH! <facepalm> Well, don't I feel stupid right now... :oops:

6. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Ok, so if Batman-12 recently had encounters with 2 separate Dop-paul-gangers, and one of them was Paul!ragon, then I assume that the other one he met was B!aul while on Earth -14, probably during his original fight with the Syndicate, because he wasn't with the Vanguard when they went back to Earth -14, and I assume after JU-Luthor negotiated a peace agreement with the Syndicate, there was no reason for JL12 to bring him over or stick around. Though I assume Batman-12's interactions with Paul!ragon are basically just watching the video footage of him take apart the JL12, rather than any actual interactions.

Drode, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 13 others like this.
  7. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

*snigger*

8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I wouldn't say the corruption ended with those things either.

In Grayven's case it just slowed, and in Paul's case it just moved completely to fully corrupted and no longer capable of thinking like a human.

9. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I thinks its good that this is skipped, having scenes just for the purpose of having people discuss how awesome your SI is, isn't really something that belongs in a good story.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  10. Vlad

Vlad I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't think that is a downside. Humans have a lot of inherent biases they just don't realize. Paragon Paul with his awareness of his wants knows about them.

11. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I agree wholeheartedly; put simply, I am not a fan of how baseline humans think. Paul might be "insane" by human standards, but I'd call it a significant improvement.

12. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

If you only use a power ring like a military man, like 98% of GLs do? Sure.

But if you are a creative then is a serious downgrade.

Also the version he has is probably more limited than even the thing Star Girl in Justice League Action uses.

13. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Poor Paul-12. Now the League will write off Schizo as a ticking time bomb.

Also... Paul offered to nuke some aliens. Huh. I wonder if the unconscious, niggling doubt that these comic book characters aren't real people is a contributor to at least one Paul committing large-scale executions.

14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

You do realize that the location he was offering to nuke was the construction site of a device intended to destroy the planet, right?

15. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

They were building a world ending device on his world.

I'd have nuked them with or without the JL's blessing.

16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Said aliens were literally going to blow up Earth to use as part of their teleport chain to destroy their enemies.

When you know, Earth is the only planet in that Galaxy that has life.

Yeah Mars used to have life but MM moved to Earth and the imprisoned aliens wee liked so in Earth 12 is as lifeless as our version of Mars.

I mean they had years to change things and use Mercury or Mars instead but no... kill billions of sentients just to win their stupid war!

17. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Really? I mean, I first I agreed...but think about all the aliens Paul helped.

All the slaves freed, the Tamaranians, that society that cut out their women's eyes.

Then there is the Orange Lantern Corps and the Reach.

Imo, Paul has done far more good than Peter.

Except Paul has mastered those dangers and taught thousands of others how to do so as well.

18. GamingPizza1998

GamingPizza1998 Verified Pizza

So she's like partly human but is she genetically human enough to reproduce with Peter? Cause I kinda want to see domestic life Peter.

Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

On earth 12 humans can even reproduce with Thangarians, i doubt a woman with some cat is going to be a problem.

20. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

...'solar system'. The words you want are 'solar system'.

21. Ganurath

One word: litters.

Lotor, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  22. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Less 'not capable of thinking like a human,' more 'no-longer thinks quite like a neurotypical human.' Non-neurotypical humans still have human brains, and there are some who probably think in a manner close enough to ParaPaul to count.

23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Short term maybe, but long term Peter is going to usher in a golden age for the entire universe.

While we know due to the Legion that long term Paul doesn't make much of a difference.

Except he didn't master those dangers because he's been sliding closer and closer to Larfleeze territory.

Pinklestia and AngelicKnight. like this.
  24. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

I personally enjoyed seeing peter business his way to uplift vs ol's ring based approach.

I mean it was only 4 chapters but it was a breath of fresh air.

...and admittedly it might get old after several hundred chapters but I was glad to have seen it.

25. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

We've had, IIRC, four different time travelers in Paul's version of the universe, and every one of them has foretold a very different future. Presumably Paul is some sort of out-of-context problem for whatever simulation engine that is generating these futures, because so far none of them seem to line up with what we're seeing in the "present".

26. Ganurath

I wonder... has Peter recruited Toyman? I recall him being instrumental in distracting, and later taking out, Killer Frost during Grod's final coup.
    That, or the Anti-Monitor is going to kill Paul.

27. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

We don't know that Peter will be successful; he doesn't even have a practical source for immortality lined up.

And I'd say we don't know that Paul will fail. Yes, various time travellers have indicated that they don't know him, but DC time travel is really weird, and that was before Savage broke the entire space-time continuum like Superman making scrambled eggs.

Howso? His new mentality seems stable and consistent to me.

28. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I'm asking this again because it's been three days.

Looks like episode 86 is called Realigned. Hmm. Hey Zoat, are you doing anything special for episode 100?

29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Because he’s not Justice League. He’s not gonna make a custom order for Superman, and he hasn’t gotten around to making Cosmic rods for people working in radiation yet.

Ardy, DrThoth, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  30. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

i was going to make a "Is that barbara calls it?" joke....