1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Hunt] Actively.
    [x][Travel] Explore the Forest.
    -[x][DD] Thread Control. (To move around the forest and tie down enemies)
    [x][Train] Punto Veneno. (To finish off tied down enemies)
    [x][Train] Luz Lunar. (After each kill to recharge and hope for guidance)

2. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Planeshunter
    this might be because of pokemon but is her next form a giant mask shape chrystalist/cacoon?

Planeshunter likes this.
  3. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[x][Hunt] Trap.
    -[x] Make traps with Disparo Demora and Thread Control, Trigger them using Thread Control and practice Chupavidas on the trapped targets, after each meal try to practice Luz Lunar on top of the trees
    [x] Fortify the Stronghold
    -[x] You made enemies and they might hunt you down, spend some time laying traps all over the Skull-Thing Stronghold so you have a position to go back to if you are desperate or severely injured.

4. Jubjub3000

I'm just wondering but who is that shinigami? Because he seems like he is quiet a strong one, maybe a seated officer or lieutenant?

5. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

He is a canon character, guy gets caught in a portal to Heuco Mundo with his team and he is the only survivor, he hunts in the Forest of Menos in part to avenge them and honor their memories.

Ashido Kanō

victor janus and Jubjub3000 like this.
  6. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Following the tradition of Bleach protags having a western theme (it's really just Ichigo tbh) and also spider animals, I think we should blatantly steal use this totally original song to represent Taylor:

It does fit surprisingly well.

7. Jubjub3000

I would say this works better

It's quite upbeat but when you listen to the lyrics it's quite dark...

8. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[x][Hunt] Trap.
    -[x] Make traps with Disparo Demora and Thread Control, Trigger them using Thread Control and practice Chupavidas on the trapped targets, after each meal try to practice Luz Lunar on top of the trees
    -[x] You made enemies and they might hunt you down, spend some time laying traps all over the Skull-Thing Stronghold so you have a position to go back to if you are desperate or severely injured.

Eh, agree to disagree. While I was mostly just going for the Spider-Man reference, I then noticed it also worked into fighting impossible odds and basically chasing danger (ergo Taylor the last few updates).

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  9. werdzerg13

werdzerg13 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Hunt] Trap.

10. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

That's actually a good question, that I can neither confirm nor deny. :rolleyes:

Fonteius likes this.
  11. Fonteius

Fonteius [Empty Title]

Thanks for the answer, and, my knowledge comes more from the Manga, and Anime. I know there are a few novels and extras that expand the lore of the Universe in Bleach a great deal, and also expands on how much of a Death World (no pun intended) the series is, horror, gore and existential terror at the minimum. Funny how Szayelaporro Granz used to be at the level of Starrk, but restarted his evolution and divided himself into his Canon Appearance and his "brother" becoming the weakest for "reasons", which somewhat make sense, and makes Starrk even more scary considering he did pretty much the same thing and was still the "strongest" Hollow in Canon.

The thing is the manga and anime either purposely reduced the exposure of the Terror theme after the Substitute Shinigami Arc or someone forced the gradual tone shift to pure Action. For example, Ichigo talks to the Ghost of a little girl at the start of the story, later we see in a few panels that the First Hollow ate her in his way to Ichigo's house, his backstory also implies that he is aware that Monsters hunt and kill Ghosts, but as soon as Rukia appears, we get sidetracked from the implications of people dying only to become Monster food and suffer for "eternity" (after being eaten "alive").

R.A.G., Jubjub3000 and Planeshunter like this.
  12. Planeshunter

While we're talking theme songs, there's no official theme or our brave caterpillar as of yet, but if we're talking about Canon!Taylor, I've always felt partial about Fallen Angel, from Petal Dreamers.

And yes, I'm aware all the songs I've mentioned so far come from Undertale fanon. But no, it doesn't make up the total sum of my musical knowledge, damnit! Just about 30%...

13. Megagulp

Megagulp Getting sticky.

[x][Hunt] Actively.
    [x][Travel] End of the World.
    [x][Train] Luz Lunar.

Planeshunter What does the evolution tree look like?

Which fanfic does the "End of the World" reference come from?

Is there any actual benefit to the [Train]Take a break vote?

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  14. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[x][Hunt] Actively.
    [x][Train] Luz Lunar.

15. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[x][Hunt] Trap.

[X]Construct hanging base
    -[X]build a base in between the trees like a wasp nest, make it strong and relatively hidden. Maybe stick wood pieces from the trees to the outside to make the walls stronger.

Really good chapter, but the change from first to third person threw me off a little.

Continue to make a great story :)

16. Planeshunter

That's currently classified, you'll have to wait and see ;)

The fic in question is 'White' from Melkor's Mercy. It's unfinished and discontinued (or at least not updated since 2018), but what's out is pretty good. You can find it in ff.net, if you're interested.

When planning with multiple options, like here, doing nothing in one of the options means dedicating more time to the others, thus progressing faster.

Try and use different persons, they said! You'll learn new perspectives, they said! The only thing I'm getting is a headache and mixing them up between stories :confused:. Thanks for the heads up! Fixed now.

17. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Hunt] Trap.

18. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x][Hunt] Trap.

[X]Construct hanging base
    -[X]build a base in between the trees like a wasp nest, make it strong and relatively hidden. Maybe stick wood pieces from the trees to the outside to make the walls stronger.

yay tree house no meanies allowed

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  19. Planeshunter

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 7 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 206-228]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    -[X] Make traps with Disparo Demora and Thread Control, Trigger them using Thread Control and practice Chupavidas on the trapped targets, after each meal try to practice Luz Lunar on top of the trees
    No. of Votes: 7
    [x] goricnac
    [x] Arbitbit39
    [x] Demetric
    [x] Harpy81
    [x] MrMig
    [x] R.A.G.
    [x] werdzerg13
    [X] Fortify the Stronghold
    No. of Votes: 5
    [x] goricnac
    [x] Demetric
    [x] Harpy81
    [x] R.A.G.
    [x] werdzerg13
    -[X] You made enemies and they might hunt you down, spend some time laying traps all over the Skull-Thing Stronghold so you have a position to go back to if you are desperate or severely injured.
    No. of Votes: 5
    [x] goricnac
    [x] Demetric
    [x] Harpy81
    [x] R.A.G.
    [x] werdzerg13
    -[X] build a base in between the trees like a wasp nest, make it strong and relatively hidden. Maybe stick wood pieces from the trees to the outside to make the walls stronger.
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] MrMig
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Construct hanging base
    [X] MrMig
    [X] Arbitbit39

Task: Hunt
    [X][Hunt] Trap.
    No. of Votes: 8
    [x] goricnac
    [x] Arbitbit39
    [x] Demetric
    [x] globalwarmth
    [x] Harpy81
    [x] MrMig
    [x] R.A.G.
    [x] werdzerg13
    [X][Hunt] Actively.
    No. of Votes: 4
    [x] MysticReaper
    [x] Jubjub3000
    [x] Megagulp
    [x] redaeth

Task: Travel
    [X][Travel] End of the World.
    [x] Megagulp
    [x] redaeth
    [X][Travel] Explore the Forest.
    [x] MysticReaper
    [x] Jubjub3000

Task: Train
    [X][Train] Luz Lunar.
    No. of Votes: 3
    [x] globalwarmth
    [x] Megagulp
    [x] redaeth
    [X][Train] Luz Lunar. (After each kill to recharge and hope for guidance)
    No. of Votes: 1
    [x] Jubjub3000
    [X][Train] Punto Veneno.
    [x] MysticReaper
    [X][Train] Punto Veneno. (To finish off tied down enemies)
    [x] Jubjub3000

Task: DD
    -[X][DD] Thread Control. (To move around the forest and tie down enemies)
    [x] Jubjub3000

Total No. of Voters: 12

The results are a bit messy, but it more or less translates into:

[X][Hunt] Trap.
    [X][Travel] Take a break
    (Due to [Hunt] Trap being incompatible with other options for travel)
    [X][Train] Luz Lunar
    [X][Train] Disparo Demora
    -[X][DD] Thread Control

The most popular write-ins will be considered and applied as much as it's practical.

Also, have an interlude, cuz I was bored yesterday.

victor janus likes this.
  20. Threadmarks: Larva 1.14b - Musings of an avenger (Interlude)
    Planeshunter

Warning, this interlude starts off pretty dark, it might not be for the faint of heart. It’s also completely optional and skipping it will have no impact on your questing experience.

Curse him!

He runs through the Menos Forest, wounded and humiliated.

Curse HIM!!

A boy, a mere brat! Who does he think he is to do this to him?

CURSE HIM!!

But he’ll heal back and come for revenge. Few things can truly put down a Hollow for long, beyond complete destruction. He’ll heal and go back to have his revenge! He’ll start with his sisters, and feast on their pain. No! He’ll rip his arms and legs first, and then make him watch powerless as they get their turn.

CURSE HIM AND ALL HIS FAMILY!!

Then it’ll be that girl fighting beside him. Then it’ll be whatever family he still has. And then anything else he holds dear! And he’ll take his sweet time with each and every single one of them… By the time he’s done, the boy will beg for his own death.

But the brat is strong. Even half-mad by pain and rage, the running Hollow doesn’t delude himself into thinking he can just blindside the boy. There’s no guarantee his usual tricks will work on him again, either, and he hasn’t survived being hunted by the shinigami for so long by ignoring danger and rushing into fights he’s not sure he can win. In this case, he might need a little insurance.

There’s been rumours for as long as he’s been alive, about the Hollow King in Las Noches. Of how he grants incredible power to those who bow to him. Up until now, he’s had no reason to bend his knee before another, satisfied with his lot in life. Now though, now he would do anything for the power to get his revenge.

Bowing to another doesn’t sit well with him. It goes against Hollow nature as far as he’s concerned, and Fraccion are just weaklings or abominations. But as far as masters go, one can’t aim much higher than the King of Hollows, right?

Yes, he’ll take the King’s offered power to have his revenge and then… who knows? Hueco Mundo is a huge place, how would even the King go about finding a little deserter like him if he were to disappear?

Yes… yes, that sounds like a plan he could get behind.

He’ll get to Las Noches and feign servitude for long enough to accomplish his goals and then…

“Damn you Kurosaki Ichigo!! You’ll rue the day you crossed the path of Grand Fisher!!!!”

That’s when he trips over something thin and sturdy, and falls head-first into a mass of something white and very sticky. In his haste to stand again, he only manages to tangle himself up even more and, soon, he can’t even move anymore, resembling more a mummy or a ball of yarn than the fearsome Hollow he is.

Only thanks to a small opening he can peek outside his predicament, and it’s that way that he sees the most terrifying Hollow mask he’s ever encountered. Mouthless, and with big frowning eyes glowing red, it still closely resembles a human’s face, making the differences all the more unsettling.

Both the mane of dark-red wavy hair framing the mask, and the moonlight falling right on it infuses the picture with an aura of power that makes it hard to look away.

Then, he feels a series of stings along his body, and darkness soon takes him over. The last thing he hears is a deep and rich voice, powerful and commanding. No doubt belonging to one of the Vasto Lorde from legend.

“Ran straight into my trap, he did. It wasn’t even hidden yet! Surrounded by idiots, I swear…”

You have munched Grand Fisher! You earned 143600 EE!!
    You’ve also derailed canon a teensy little bit. You’ll have to try harder if you want a reward.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  21. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well I almost chocked to death on my food while reading it so the warning is def warranted

22. Jubjub3000

Just wondering but how tall is our little hollow? Cause I'm thinkin inpbetween shin and hip height. So with the hair anywhere below a meter.

Also the hair reminds me of ruby from the show rwby, will her vasto lorde form be ruby but with full armour panels with an insect theme?

EDIT

Also, if ichigo and our character clash does anyone else want to be strong enough to stop ichigo's theme like aizen?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    !Renzie0, EchoDragon and Unkown like this.
  23. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

I figured we're about "Large Dog" in size.

Also, huh, we've got Mamasaki in us. Wonder if anything will come of that.

24. Planeshunter

I aim to please... ;)

Yeah, more or less. But our brave caterpillar herself might not be aware of that...

You guys have the best ideas. Let's see if I can make anything come out of it.

25. Jubjub3000

Maybe we can either gain some Quincy powers, or we can regurgitate her so she can go back to live with her family.

26. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Proooobably can't get Quincy powers out of it, since Hollow and Quincy energy inherently fights. It takes weird mixtures (Ichigo) or godlike powers (Yawach) to make it work.

could maybe Jettison her free though, yeah. Honestly if that's possible Taylor should dump all the other souls she has in her (while keeping their energy).

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  27. Jubjub3000

R.A.G. something tells me you have to keep the souls to keep the energy...

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  28. Threadmarks: Larva 1.15 - There's no place like Home
    Planeshunter

Spider-bug~, spider-bug~! Does everything a spider does~!

… You know? All this swinging around is a lot less fun when you’re worried about a Vasto Lorde with a grudge after your soft and juicy ass. Maybe helping a shinigami against my ‘fellow Hollow’ was a dumb move after all.

Not that my ‘fellow Hollow’ have ever done anything for me. Except trying to eat me, and being eaten for their efforts.

… What’s ‘Shinigami and Hollow are natural enemies’ supposed to mean anyway? Besides looking cool as heck when said with that badass echoing voice of his.

But I digress, the problem is the very pissed off high-end Hollow licking his wounds and cursing my name while plotting my painful death all the while. I saw the bastard fighting with the shinigami, and that was a level I can only drool at and hope to someday reach myself.

… damn, it was poisoned back then, wasn’t he? Either it can shrug off my Punto Veneno, or it was actually stronger than the shinigami. Either way, I’m screwed.

What can I do about this? Not much. Inconspicuousness is my best weapon, to remain out of sight until I fall out of mind. I’m still a tiny Hollow with a faint presence myself, who likes to move through place seldom visited. That’s good, but it might not be good enough.

Other option is to just flee. The End of the World is still there, with all its tantalizing and mind-twisting promises. Then again, rushing into the unknown with an enemy far out of your league chasing you from behind sounds like the start of a bad joke. A joke that ends in caterpillar pancake.

No, I need a safe place, somewhere I can bunker down if worse comes to worst. It has the downside of keeping me tied down to a single place, but that can be worked around. Traps to keep a stable income of munchable treats and solid walls to repel an attack.

The nest of the skull things comes to mind. I’ll have my work cut out for me just to make the place structurally sound, but it’s better than nothing. I can’t forget how the Guardian just tore through my last trap, so I’ll have to be very thorough with threads this time.

Yeah, can do.

I bet the loser won’t even dare coming after me again after his humiliating defeat! Its threats were just posturing and spouting bravado!

Spider-bug~, spider-bug~! Does everything a spider does~!

… Still doesn’t feel the same.

I can’t help a groan when my future bastion comes in sight. The Skull-thing rampage didn’t do it any favours, and my successive siege and cleanup obviously didn’t help either. There are splinters, fallen trunks and burnt trenches everywhere. The junk walls are upturned in places, and many of the nooks and crannies in the roots the minions used as refuges are now ruined.

Nothing for it but to roll up my (metaphorical) sleeves and get to work, I guess.

I’ll need a shitload of thread for this. And equal amounts of patience and hard work. It’s times like this when I wish I actually knew how to weave...

Huh, Thread Manipulation is a lot of help, even if I cannot do anything big with it yet. When it comes to small things like thickening the weave or melding the knots so they don’t come out, it really shines. The overall work can only improve because of it.

Now, how to go about this part? Maybe I can just… Yeah, just like that…

And here a pit trap, and there stakes falling from the ceiling, and this part can be pulled up so the prey ends up hanging in the middle of the room…

hehehe...

Oh, crap, that’s not structurally sound, abort! Abort!

Man, that was close.

And now, for the finishing touches...

… Man.

Maaaaaaan!!

I nailed it! Look at that beauty! Stylish and functional, imposing and sturdy… the perfect Home for your average caterpillar of refined tastes. The best part, it’s modular! The highly visible fortress-like area is for combat only, there’s a smaller, cozyer area hidden in a nook up into the tree branches, camouflaged with pieces of wood to look like just a funny-looking knot.

Ambushers will try to get into the trap-filled fortress and fall to my cleverly designed schemes, while I won’t even be there to begin with! Submit to my power and intelligence!!

What’s more! I can use Thread Manipulation to detect intruders! It’s nothing as cool as feeling the vibrations they cause, because I’m not a spider, but I can sort of ping through the structure by causing a small wave of movement through the weave, getting me a response when something obstructs or resists said movement.

Ideally I could keep a permanent vibration that would leave me constantly updated of any change, but the level of multitasking involved in that is far beyond me. Somehow, that’s really disappointing. Oh, well, maybe with more practice...

The only downside I can see to my fortress is the fact that I, uh... maybe overdid it a bit when it comes to being imposing. Not even your average Hollow would be stupid enough to get near it, so I’ll have to set my traps a bit far away. More a chore than an actual downside, really, I shouldn’t complain.

… I take back what I said. My fellow Hollow aren’t as stupid as I though. They are way, way worse.

How does one manage to get stuck against a fucking wall of silk? Was it so hard to see a solid white screen in front of you? That wasn’t a trap, just a protective barrier! And the first one had an excuse, apparently being chased down by the others but…

Please explain to me in short and easy to understand sentences how a goddamned pride of leonine Hollow get stuck in the same trap that caught their potential prey. Did the first one get stuck trying to retrieve it? Did the rest get stuck trying to help out? How does that even work? How many times do you have to make the same mistake before you accept it doesn’t work?

At least fall for the actual traps, the ones away from my Home! I’m going to grow fat and lazy if I don’t have to leave even for food!

… Oh, wait, the traps caught something too.

Wasn’t this skull-thing territory, where I couldn’t find prey for my life’s worth just a week ago?

Surrounded by idiots, I swear.

Deep breaths, bask in the moonlight and don’t let the suicidal stupidity of your own kin get to you. Thank the heavens I have the moon to calm me down because I’m sure I would be well on my way to an aneurysm without it. Thank you Moonie, Elune, Mons, Leosarb, Selene, SERAPH, or whatever name you prefer. You always know how to comfort me.

… I’m tired now, let’s try my new cozy hidden bed.

Building an impressive Home has greatly increased your skills with Disparo Demora (Thread Manipulation)!!
    Constructing effective traps has increased your skills with Disparo Demora (Thread Manipulation)!!
    -Thread Manipulation is now Lv. 2-(10%)
    Basking on the calming light of the moon in times of great distress has increased your skills with Luz Lunar!!
    Mitigating the Oblivion Compensation passively increases your skill with Luz Lunar.
    -Luz Lunar is now Lv. 6-(15%)
    You kinda exercised a bit with Punto Veneno and Chupavidas on the trapped prey, didn’t you?
    -Chupavidas is now Lv. 8-(12%)
    -Punto Veneno is now Lv. 9-(10%)
    Abundance of prey to feed upon has granted a lot of EE! But a part was spent on the massive amount of silk threads you’ve used lately.
    -You’ve earned 637600 EE!
    By obtaining your 3rd natural crit without critical misses in-between, you’re well on the way of earning the Perk Memetic Badass!!
    -3/5 Crits achieved!
    Oblivion Compensation! You lose 17330 EE!! (Luz Lunar Lv6 prevented the loss of 24980 EE)

You have one last iteration before Plot comes to drag you along. It might be a while before you can do your own thing again, so take the chance for some last minute training or applying finishing touches.

[x][Hunt] Actively.
    [x][Hunt] Passively.
    [x][Hunt] Trap.
    [x][Hunt] Hide.
    (Dedicate more time to training and/or traveling)

[x][Travel] Explore the Forest.
    -[x][Forest] Visit Anansi.
    --[x][Anansi] Accept the Deal.
    --[x][Anansi] Negotiate a new Deal.
    --[x][Anansi] Hunt down.
    [x][Travel] Take a break.
    (Dedicate more time to hunting and/or training)
    [x][Travel] Other.

[x][Train] Disparo Demora.
    -[x][DD] Mix&Match You need another power at level MAX to train this.
    -[x][DD] Multishot.
    -[x][DD] Thread Control.
    [x][Train] Chupavidas.
    [x][Train] Punto Veneno.
    [x][Train] Luz Lunar.
    [x][Train] Take a break.
    (Dedicate more time to travel and/or hunting)

Memetic Badas... I don't even care anymore. You guys aren't seeing the rolls. On another note, MH:Iceborne is finally playable on PC, so I'll most likely only write on my spare time at work for a while. That... well, that'll probably slow updates a bit. Just a heads up

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  29. Jubjub3000

[x][Hunt] Hide (Dedicate more time to training and/or traveling). (the traps will provide the food)
    (Dedicate more time to hunting and/or traveling)
    [x][Train] Chupavidas.
    [x][Train] Punto Veneno.

30. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[x][Hunt] Hide (Dedicate more time to training and/or traveling). (the traps will provide the food)
    (Dedicate more time to hunting and/or traveling)
    [x][Train] Chupavidas.
    [x][Train] Punto Veneno.