1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ZeroXSEED, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

[X] Ignore them.

2. Kerrowe

Kerrowe Getting sticky.

[X] Ignore them

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

[X] Ignore them

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Threadmarks: Chapter 2.2
    ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

Vote Tally : The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff) | Page 7 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.6.0

[X] Ignore them
    No. of Votes: 13
    BB54
    bastur2
    BlueMangoAdea
    Cane Toad
    Cuchulin
    eraserman
    kenmadragon
    Kerrowe
    Kieron
    NewGame+Just
    PandaVenom
    The Brotagonist
    Yuki

[X] Approach them
    No. of Votes: 3
    TriGayatri
    Flagrais
    SEKALE

[x] Call them
    No. of Votes: 2
    Renko
    Malason123

Total No. of Voters: 18

You decide to ignore them and continue as normal, you're not sure if they notice that you noticed them, nevertheless, that's not important. They disappear as soon as Miyuki stand up and walking back to his class.

So it was obvious they were stalking him in the end. No wonder they look so excited and curious.

At the end of the day, you ended up more or less alone again, it's kind of annoying, to be honest, so you decided to walk out around the school, maybe there will be something interesting.

It's strange before you go to Shuchiin you never have any problem just going home. But maybe it's not that strange after all since at least you have Komachi to look forward to. Part of you also acknowledges that tiring as it may be, socializing with people is one of the many basic needs of human beings.

Somehow, a familiar face shows up.

If someone can be described as 'angelic' in appearance, then in your very biased opinion, this person probably fits that description better than even the Goddess Shinomiya. She's visibly taller than the average girls, but also slender. Her silky black hair extends as far as down her waist.

"Yukinoshita."

"Good to see you, Hikigaya-kun." She smiles, "Still wandering around like a creepy stalker?"

"Excuse me, I resent that remark."

"Forgive me for saying you look like a creepy stalker what with those rotten eyes of yours."

"Someone with the face of an angel can be so foul-mouthed, I'm shocked." You snide back in response.

"Is it foul-mouthed to state the facts?"

"It's improper to twist the facts to fit your extremely biased narrative yes."

Ah, your lovely neighbor and archnemesis, Yukinoshita Yukino.

Alright, that's an exaggeration. The truth is that both of you came from Chiba and thus also from outside Shuchiin middle. And to say you don't get along isn't an exaggeration.

Yukinoshita's parents are of notable status, with her father being representative of Chiba and her family owning the largest construction company in the Prefecture. Of course, in Shuchiin, such a level of wealth and status would be considered the upper average at best.

But in terms of personal talent and beauty, this person might be just the only girl even remotely close to the perfect Goddess, Shinomiya Kaguya herself. Naturally, along with the fact that she gets along with multiple VIP students, elevated her social status far above the standard.

"So what are you doing, wandering afterschool?" She finally asks the actual question.

"I reckon that this semester I have far too much free time." You tell her, "So I'm thinking of looking around the clubs, and if there's nothing then I'd probably pick a part-time job or two."

"I see, I just happen to be on my way to the Student Council myself." She says as she raises a proposal, "I'm going to establish my own Club."

"Public Service Club huh?" You look at the title, "Have you asked the teachers for this?"

"Of course, it's signed by Principal and we already have an advisor ready, so it's a matter of formalizing it to the Student Council proper."

"What's the club about?"

"Basically, to help the helpless and to teach men how to fish."

Weird, but that sounds like her alright.

"If you're interested feel free to join." She smiles, "You have rotten eyes, but that might be the reason why you can see things other people don't."

Whoa, that's actually a nice compliment coming from her.

"Ahem."

Someone coughs to catch your attention, and you see Shijo and Kashiwagi standing beside Yukinoshita. No joke, you didn't notice them at all until now.

"Flirting in broad daylight like this is unbecoming of Shuchiin girls, Yukino-san," Shijo warned, though clearly, more like she's jealous.

To be honest, in terms of physical appearance, this girl isn't really that far behind Yukinoshita and Shinomiya, especially if she let her hair down like now, instead of wearing the stupid-looking twin-tails.

But her attitude is a little bit...

"Excuse me, Shijo-san, I might just sue you for that statement." Yukino frowns in response.

That feels hurt, but you agree. If this constitutes as flirting then anymore closer would be super immoral. Shijo is being unreasonable there.

"You two are so rude." Kashiwagi chastises them, "We're sorry, Hikigaya-san, but we're in a bit of a hurry."

"Nah, don't mind."

"I heard from Karen and Erika, you've helped them escaping their rut. Thank you."

"I didn't do much though."

"Hehehe." Kashiwagi's smile is rather weird, it's not condescending or demeaning, but not entirely meaningless.

One wonders how the hell someone as nice and innocent as Kashiwagi would get along with them. Perhaps she's just wearing a sheep's clothing after all.

"HEY, CAREFUL!"

You instantly react to the shout and see a soccer ball flying fast toward the three girls' position. Naturally, you immediately try to intercept, but your brains work hard for the best solution even in that split second of the moment.

[ ] Catch (Hard)
    [ ] Block

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Taisei, Kildar, danielkid50 and 48 others like this.
  5. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

[x] Block

6. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

[X] Catch (Hard)

Hatchman's 108 skills have prepared him for this day. CATCH OR KOMACHI WILL CRY!

JD91B, Hypervane, Rigs and 1 other person like this.
  7. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

[x] Catch (Hard)

Butterfly effect?

What butterfly effect?

This whole damn quest is already one giant butterfly effect for Hachiman already!

And you people still pick the boring choices!

Oh wow....

:confused:

TmDagger, Hypervane, MHLord and 6 others like this.
  8. The Brotagonist

The Brotagonist A Neo Outlook on Life

[X] Catch (Hard)

Maybe that manliness can finally be put to some use? It would be pretty badass...

Hypervane, JacDamned, Rigs and 2 others like this.
  9. TastyPocki

TastyPocki Hi

[X] Catch (Hard)

Lucidum likes this.
  10. Ideas-Guy

Ideas-Guy Versed in the lewd.

[X] Catch (Hard)

I've seen those pictures over on SB of Hachiman by roronoa20, and that's a Chad jawline if I've ever seen one. Hachiman can catch it.

11. roronoa20

roronoa20 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. TriGayatri

TriGayatri Lewd Imouto

Analysis time

We know that like Kaguya, Maki likes average nice guy type. So I'm going to hazard a guess that block option works better in her favor.

Nagisa likes boys a bit wilder so probably catch.

Cuchulin and bastur2 like this.
  13. FateBurn

FateBurn Know what you're doing yet?

[x] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. BB54

BB54 Getting out there.

[X] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Fieryfoxpaws

Fieryfoxpaws Keeper Of Coffee

[X] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. kenmadragon

kenmadragon I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. rocket501

rocket501 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

Is a failed catch going to be a block anyways?

19. Blonddude42

Blonddude42 Experienced.

We aren't a goalie though so we don't get cheers for blocking it with our face.

[x] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin and kenmadragon like this.
  20. PandaVenom

PandaVenom Not too sore, are you?

[x] Block

21. Yuki

Yuki Versed in the lewd.

[x] Catch (Hard)

I feels like trying to catch, fail, and it hit your face is more likely to be view as average nice guy trying to be help than just nonchalantly block it like it's no big deal. Also, failing to catch and it end up hitting the girl is freaking embarrassing.

Edit: Huh, don't people normally block it with a hand? put it in front of the trajectory and that's it. Though if Hachiman gonna use his body as meat shield then I guess I'll change to catch since failing and get hit still look less ridiculous than jumping in front of a ball like some action movie protag taking a bullet.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Hypervane, Learned Knave and Cuchulin like this.
  22. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

Block actions means you use your body or back.

23. kenmadragon

Oh. Well, that sounds silly and needlessly shonen.

As we are not the hot-blooded protagonist of some shonen action-manga, nor the handsome ikemen love-interest of a shoujo romance-manga, "Block" is ridiculous for Hachiman. Therefore, the only normal, non-riajuu thing to do is to actually try and catch it normally...

Hypervane, Cane Toad and Cuchulin like this.
  24. SEKALE

SEKALE Know what you're doing yet?

[x] Block

25. Him01

Him01 Not too sore, are you?

You didn't have to be a goalie for that. I mean, I've seen a volleyball player blocking the ball with his face.
    Then again, it's supposed to be a joke so I don't know if that counts.

[X] Block

26. TriGayatri

TriGayatri Lewd Imouto

Its actually perfectly in character with Hachiman, as he did the same with a fucking dog vs limousine of all things...

27. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

[X] Catch (Hard)

28. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

[X] Catch (Hard)

29. NewGame+Just

NewGame+Just Scholar of Fiction, currently searching for wisdom

[X] Catch (Hard)

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. kenmadragon

That was a dog. The danger was a speeding limousine.

These are (mildly annoying and pretentious) high school girls. The danger is a ball.

Clearly, the situation with Sable was worth the effort of doing something shonen. The situation here... not so much.

Worth Resuing: Dog > Girls.
    Danger Level Warranting Shonen-level saving: Limosine > Ball.

Saving Sable's life was worth demeaning ourselves that way. Saving some girls from a ball... that ain't the same thing.

Hypervane, MHLord, Peddy-kun and 6 others like this.