1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Fonteius

Fonteius [Empty Title]

Thanks for the chapter.

Well, I am going to vote for Reluctantly, mostly because I really want to see Karin and Yuzu more involved in Bleach, if they become involved in Taylor's Adventures much better. Taylor really needs someone to talk to, and I never got the impression of either Karin or Yuzu being that sociable, so they are somewhat alone, even more due to Ichigo entire Shinigami thing of disappearing for days at a time and replacing himself with a random weirdo. Besides, I don't think such a voting would have a hidden "All the options are bad" and lead to either of their deaths, that would just be sad for no reason. Most likely it will be a process somewhat resembling what Rukia did for Ichigo, and awaken more of Karin and Yuzu's potential if only due to perceived "danger of soul destruction" or something.

Also, Ishida and Ichigo are going to go nuts over Karin and Yuzu's ideas (for different reasons), and Taylor is somehow going to love every second of annoying them. And can't wait to see Rukia's reactions to a Good Hollow, who protects people, doesn't want to eat humans and is surprisingly smart for a Hollow, and somehow managed to clean a good bunch of Ishida's retarded mistake. Also, the inevitable trying to convince Taylor to let herself be "purified" because "reasons", ("So you want to kill me for my own good?, I don't think that's how helping works...").

And lastly, I would think if she learns how Soul Society actually works, she and pretty much everyone would rather stay Hollows, after all everyone lived in terrible conditions, didn't get to see their loved ones, and had little to 0 chance of gaining even a little power, and if they did, they could starve to re-death, or "maybe" become cannon fodder Shinigami, or 1 in 1000 million becomes like Zaraki or Toshiro.

[X][Choice] Reluctantly

Tore, Van der Mark, R.A.G. and 3 others like this.
  2. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

[X][Choice] Reluctantly

3. PandaVenom

PandaVenom Not too sore, are you?

[X][Choice] Nope

4. _mathilda

_mathilda do not throw souls

[x][Choice] Nope

5. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

Just wondering but if the ichigo sisters do unlock some powers due to this will we be able to vote on it or not?

6. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Choice] Reluctantly

7. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Nah, because Fullbringers are weird as fuck. They're activated by exposure to Hollows, sure, but they're some kinda mutation of a Medium really since their powers revolve around tapping into and manipulating the souls of objects and there's no 'inner hollow' involved unlike Vizored.

Planeshunter likes this.
  8. bobbya1

bobbya1 Not too sore, are you?

[X][Choice] Reluctantly

After re reading it I noticed that you said that humans taste much better then hollows. This isn't true atleast according to the series. The reason they hunt humans is because humans cant fight back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    victor janus likes this.
  9. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

IIRC for baseline hollows they taste better or something, then baselines hit gillian and their taste changes since they've got new more energy rich dietary requirements.

10. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[X][Choice] Reluctantly.

11. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

This time's winner is...
    [X][Choice] Reluctantly.

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 11 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 310-340]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    Task: Choice
    [X][Choice] Reluctantly
    No. of Votes: 12
    [X] Minion #Q
    [X] abyssmal_kismet
    [X] bobbya1
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Fonteius
    [X] InfiniteDarkSide
    [X] MrMig
    [X] Phasehand
    [X] R.A.G.
    [X] Ratatoskr
    [X] Rock_on_5002
    [X] zarabg
    [X][Choice] Nope
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] daimahou
    [X] Jraven89
    [X] LokKi
    [x] _mathilda
    [X] PandaVenom
    [X] werdzerg13
    [X][Choice] Reluctantly (drain the one who can't see you and make the one that can see you slap you or something if you're draining too much)
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X] Jubjub3000

Total No. of Voters: 21

It went really close for a while!

On other matters...

Always nice to see people interested enough to write long posts! A word of warning though, while perfectly feasible, any of those scenarios you're mentioning will probably take a while, unless you guys manage to derail my overarching plans yet again (something you're admitedly very good at ;))

Most likely not, though it might depend on the situation. Save notable exceptions like your first encounter in the human world, votes will always be about things our brave caterpillar herself can influence.

Can't say I remember all that clearly this (it's been like... ten years?) and it's not the sort of trivia one can find with a quick search either. My thoughts were alond the lines of 'Hey, Hollows take a big risk by venturing into Shinigami-protected human settlements and even into Soul Society! There must be a reason for that.' And just ran with it.

There's also the fact Menos only switch to hunting other Hollow because normal human souls cannot sustain them any longer. If it was a matter of tastes they would hunt other Hollows from the start, right?

I'm thinking it's a bit like the food chain. Grass synthetize biomater, Cows eat grass because they can't synthetize themselves, and wolves eat cows because digesting meat is more cost-effective than digesting grass. Wolves have it easier, but they cannot exist without the previous food chain steps being already there. In that metaphor human souls are grass, cows would be baseline hollows and wolves would be Menos. I know it's not a perfect comparison, but it does the job.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Otto von Saurion and Jubjub3000 like this.
  12. Smug_Cloud

Smug_Cloud Getting sticky.

[X][Choice] Reluctantly

13. darknessfalls

darknessfalls I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Choice] Nope

14. Threadmarks: Larva 1.19 - Eating children and other addictive activities.
    Planeshunter

I… there’s no real choice here, right?

I mean, I could refuse and it wouldn’t be absolutely, certainly suicidal beyond any shadow of doubt, just… pointlessly risky and obfuscatingly stupid. The only real reason I have to not munch a bit on the twins is to avoid risking their lives and with me in no state to protect them, they’ll actually be in a lot more trouble.

Alright, I can do this. It’s my Power, it’s my instincts, and they’ll do what I want them to. No going overboard without permission here, no siree!

“Okay… You win, kid. ” Karin’s face lights up, but can get a word in I add my own conditions. “But! If we’re doing this we’re doing it right! I’m stopping the second something goes even slightly sideways, and that includes you stopping me if you start feeling sick.”

“Sure, that’s common sense.”

“Also I’m starting with your sister.”

“Wait, what? NO!”

“There’s a chance, no matter how much faith you have in me, that I won’t be able to stop once I start. If that happens, you can at least try and shake me out of it. How’s Yuzu going to help if that happens? What can she do, besides impotently watch her sister shrivel up and die in front of her own eyes?”

Karin’s face loses all colour, and I can’t help a feeling of guilt to twist my insides. Or maybe it’s just more pain, my insides have been twisted a lot lately. When she finally nods her agreement, her face is dead serious. Wonder if I have gone too far with the mental picture? Maybe, but it’s something that can happen, and it’s somewhat satisfying to know she’s finally taking this business seriously.

… Wait, did I just win an argument? Is that a thing that actually happens?

“Alright, then, go and explain the plan to your sister.” Somewhat, I don’t really feel like I’ve ‘won’ anything. Next time I’ll try not scaring children into accepting my side without question. “I… need a moment to focus.”

Right, focus is the right word. Because I’m trying to do something I’ve never tried before. Controlling what and how I munch, I can. Holding back my instincts when they go too far, I’ve done before. I just have to do both at the same time, under the greatest temptation I’ve felt since the Mofo. And possibly under the effects of some will-altering effect. This is going to challenge all my self-control and skills.

“Alright, Miss Weaver we’re ready.”

“U- Um…” Yuzu hesitates a moment, doing her best to look in my direction. She’s aiming a bit to the side, but I won’t hold it against her. Then she takes a deep breath and... bows before me. “I’ll be in your care, Miss Weaver.”

Ugh… stupid Japanese and their stupidly respectful culture. That heat running behind my mask is just my body trying to heal. I’m not blushing damnit!

“Alright then, fine. Uhmm… Here I come.” And… I’m babbling. Okay, let’s stop that. “Karin, keep an eye on me. If you see something that looks even remotely wrong, whack me on the head or something.”

When she nods without a word, I decide to stop procrastinating and get to it.

Chupavidas!

I go with a sliver of a tendril of my maximum output, or as close to that as I can actually achieve. And yet, the first thing that comes to mind is how quickly it’s working. Ideas flash through my mind about possible explanation, like how Hollows might be inherently resistant to a hunger-based Power due to our nature, or how even spiritually strong humans might still have small reserves.

Then the taste hits me and it’s all I can do not to munch her dry in an instant. Is this what ambrosia tastes like? Right here and now, I realize how utterly bland my diet has been so far. Like eating ration bars compared with the caviar and cava of human essence. Still, I seize the impulse and crush it under resolve and self-control.

It’s… honestly not so bad. As long as I go little by little and don’t let my mind wander, I can keep a steady pace and feel Yuzu’s energy slowly diminishing. When it reaches the half mark, I keep at it just a moment longer before stopping. I immediately miss the sensation, but it’s something manageable.

“Al… alright.” Wow, I’m actually short of breath, that was intense. “Anymore than that might be dangerous.” Then after prodding a bit inwards to check my wounds. “If I can get the same from you kid, it should be more than enough.”

Human essence is… Lighter? Thinner? I’m not sure how to put it into words, but while really tasty it doesn’t provide as much sustenance as a Hollow. It might be just the fact I’m catching a bite instead of consuming them whole. There’s obviously something meaningful about devouring a soul instead of, you know, nibbling at them.

… Aaaaand my thoughts have gone somewhere I don’t want to follow. Let’s focus on the present.

“Are you alright Yuzu?” Karin looks adorable, fussing over her sister like that.

“Yes, just a bit woozy.” Yuzu answers with an unsteady smile, that quickly brightens as she recovers her footing. “I could feel Miss Weaver touching me! It was much more intense than the hazy figures I usually see!”

Wow that can be misconstructed way too easily.

“She seems well enough.” Thank goodness. “Are you ready for your turn kid?”

Karin just nods with a cute frown that I’m sure she thinks looks resolute. Well, here we go again!

Chupavidas!

Wow… okay, wow… Yuzu was like caviar and cava, which is kinda hard to top, but Karin is more like… Hotpot. Very, very, very flavourful hotpot. Hearty and filling, and still delicious on its own homely way. I honestly think I would pick something like this over luxurious gourmet courses anytime.

Then I feel something repeatedly hit me in the head. It doesn’t really hurt, but it catches my by surprise.

“Miss Weaver, please stop!” Oh, that’s Yuzu, and she’s sounding rather worried. What’s… “You’re hurting Karin-chan!!”

My eyes focus on what’s going on around me, and I see Yuzu desperately hitting me with a piece of wood god knows where she found. Karin lies on the floor, pale and with a pained expression on her face.

Oh! Crap!

I stop immediately. Cursing my lack of focus, and rushing to her side. I can’t believe I let my mind wander like that after saying I would be careful! I don’t know what I’ll do if she’s hurt for real!!

Fortunately it was just a scare. In the end, they end up apologizing to me, about not taking my warnings seriously enough. I’m only glad nothing serious happened, but their attitude is seriously a breath of fresh air. And I might be feeling a bit guilty about it. It was still me who lost control, after all.

“Let’s just say all’s well that ends well, alright?” I finally say. “Karin isn’t really hurt, and I’ve been able to heal just enough.”

“Right” Yuzu hurries to agree. “I was really worried for a moment, but nobody’s really hurt.”

… Wait a minute.

“Yuzu?”

“Yes?”

“Since when can you see me?”

“Eh?” She turns to look at me uncomprehendingly. Three, two, one... “Eeeeeeeehhhhh!!!”

Realization hits her like a freight train.

“I’m going to assume it has something to do with my munching at your soul.” Then I turn towards Karin, who seems to have been the first to notice and is just looking at our byplay with an amused grin. “Could it be that she’s a bit of an airhead?”

“Oh, absolutely, but don’t call her that or she’ll pout at you to death.” Of course, that makes her pout.

“...Frightening.”

“It really is. Once, Ichi-nii had to run all the way to the Seven-Eleven in the middle of the night to buy her Strawberry Ice cream as an apology. Nobody can resist her pouts.” Then she pauses to contemplate her own words. “Or maybe it’s just Ichi-nii, he’s a sucker for us.”

Doting big brother, eh? Man, now I’m even more envious of them.

“Didn’t you say others take him for a hooligan?” I remember a previous comment “How does that even work if he’s such a sweetheart?”

“Ichi-nii isn’t very good with words, and his hair is orange.” She shrugs “So people think he dies it and when someone gives him or us a bad time...”

“He punches first and asks questions never?” Seems like a good policy if you ask me, it’s what I’d do for a little sister, myself.

“Pretty much! He gets into trouble for it all the time, but he doesn’t care.”

The mood doesn’t last long though, because inconsiderate Hollow small fries were indeed attracted by that last big fight and soon arrive to it. Right, focus. We have a big brother to rescue, we might need a better plan than move around looking for a fight.

All’s well that ends well indeed. There was a big scare, but everything’s right in the end. Now, what approach would you like to take about finding 'Ichi-nii'?

Wander.
    Keep doing what you’re doing. Since his spiritual pressence is supposedly stupid strong, finding him should be a matter of finding the highest concentration of Hollows.
    School. Normal teenagers are at school at this time of the day. Maybe you should ask the twins where his high school is and try to get there. He might have left, or be playing truant, but it looks like a good place to start. Beats wandering anyway.
    Arcade. Not necessarily an arcade, but there must be someplace this 'Ichi-nii' frequents. And like good cute little sisters, Karin and Yuzu are bound to know where that is even if they’re not supposed to. It might be a good place to look. Beats wandering anyway.
    Write-in. There must be like a thousand million reasonable ideas I can’t think of right now, knock yourselves out.

Eating children didn’t actually earn you any EE, but you got enough Reiryoku to patch yourself up. You’re combat ready again, if not in tip-top condition just yet.

I don’t know what to think of this chapter. On one hand, it was hell to get started. On the other, after the initial struggle most of the chapter wrote itself.
    Also, there was a fair chance someone spiritually aware caught you eating children. That would’ve been… fun. But you lucked out, so maybe another time?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  15. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

[X] Wander

16. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

[X] Wander

17. Prama

Prama Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Wander

18. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[X] Wander

19. Werd Me

Werd Me Making the rounds.

[X] Maybe go find some of those other people who you saw earlier, they seemed to know a bit more and might know where he is and whats causing this whole mess

!Renzie0 and Otto von Saurion like this.
  20. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Wander

21. Rock_on_5002

Rock_on_5002 Making the rounds.

22. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Given how they're spiritually aware and tasty, he's probably also spiritually aware and tastier. So head towards the biggest mess of fighting.

23. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Write-in.

[ ] Time to be a bookworm cause you guys are going to the library!

edit.... so when will she realizes she doesnt know how to get back?

edit:eh why not
    [X] SCHOOL

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  24. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

[X] Wander

25. LokKi

LokKi Why so serious?

[X] Maybe go find some of those other people who you saw earlier, they seemed to know a bit more and might know where he is and whats causing this whole mess

26. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

[×] SCHOOL

Might as well collect some more side characters that never really get fleshed out in Bleach:

Reiichi Ōshima as an actual dyed hair punk he would be a hilarious addition to your party.

Ryō Kunieda is an avid reader that is second in her class and can run 100 meters in 15 sec.

Michiru Ogawa a shy girl with her love of sewing

Chizuru Honshō the proud lesbian who is always sexually harassing Orihime.

Mizuiro Kojima the calm ladies man with a plan who can be surprisingly cruel at times.

Keigo Asano the high school comic relief.

And... Tatsuki Arisawa the hot head martial artist we all thought might become a main character but never did anything.

Any one of these is potential gold waiting to happen is your magical caterpillar adventuring party. Every one of these people got just as much Ichigo Exposure (tm) as Orihime.

27. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

[X] SCHOOL

Might as well collect some more side characters that never really get fleshed out in Bleach:

Reiichi Ōshima as an actual dyed hair punk he would be a hilarious addition to your party.

Ryō Kunieda is an avid reader that is second in her class and can run 100 meters in 15 sec.

Michiru Ogawa a shy girl with her love of sewing

Chizuru Honshō the proud lesbian who is always sexually harassing Orihime.

Mizuiro Kojima the calm ladies man with a plan who can be surprisingly cruel at times.

Keigo Asano the high school comic relief.

And... Tatsuki Arisawa the hot head martial artist we all thought might become a main character but never did anything.

Any one of these is potential gold waiting to happen is your magical caterpillar adventuring party.

28. Aelethea

Aelethea Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Wander

29. Planeshunter

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

This time's winner is:

[X] Wander.

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 12 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 345-358]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    [X] Wander
    No. of Votes: 7
    [X] Bloodalchemy
    [X] Aelethea
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Mikers99
    [X] MrMig
    [X] Prama
    [X] Ratatoskr
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] Werd Me
    [X] LokKi
    [X] SCHOOL
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Jubjub3000
    [X] Given how they're spiritually aware and tasty, he's probably also spiritually aware and tastier. So head towards the biggest mess of fighting.
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X] R.A.G.

Total No. of Voters: 12

You'll keep looking for high concentrations of Hollow.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Otto von Saurion and Jubjub3000 like this.
  30. Threadmarks: Larva 1.20 - Wild boot-lady appeared!
    Planeshunter

Sorry for the wait, shitty week was shitty.

[X] Wander.

If you’d told me a week ago that I’d get bored of fighting off an army of starving and crazed hungering spirits, I would’ve recommended you a shirk. Now though… You can only poison, entrap and munch dry so many weaklings throwing themselves at you before it gets dull.

Honestly, at this point it’s become so routine I can do it on autopilot and keep my attention on possible traps. We don’t want another oily shadow doing unmentionable things to my body, after all. That and enjoying the place. I don’t think I’ve ever been on Japan in life. The apartment buildings look familiar enough, but the way temples and gardens mix freely with both modern and traditional housing all around the urban landscape fills me with a sense of wonder. Pretty sure we didn’t have anything like that wherever I’m from.

I’m also vividly aware of all the human souls around. Considering the countless Hollow all around, it’s a small miracle how few are dying. Guess the greedy idiots are going after spiritually strong humans. Who can either fight back or run. Huh.

I was also afraid munching on the twins would make my hunger harder to control and… it kinda did? I need to focus a bit on not taking a sip from every human soul in my range, but it’s honestly not that bad. It probably wouldn’t be even harmful enough for them to get dizzy if I slipped either, this subconscious pull or whatever it is isn't exactly strong.

Anyway, back to slaughter idiots while looking for the denser concentrations and…

Wait, what’s that? That presence is no Hollow, and its closing in fast.

Actually, it should be right… above… WOW!!

“Get away from the children, you monster!!”

A young woman clad in black and white falls from the sky, gouging the ground where I stood a second away with an absurdly powerful axe kick. I’d like to clear the obvious misunderstanding, but the woman recovers her stance and kicks away at my new position before you can say ‘tasty children’.

She’s good too, or maybe I’m too slow. Because after dancing around what couldn’t be more than a couple of minutes, she manages to plant a solid kick on the back of my neck. Yes, right there on the only discernible weak point of a caterpillar Hollow. Shame my gorgeous mane is poisonous, eh, boot lady?

That was embarrassing for everyone.

For me, cuz I’m still kinda recovering from having my body tunneled and couldn’t catch myself on time, there may or may not be a new caterpillar-shaped indentation in town. For her, cuz she kinda collapsed after taking a thousand Punto Veneno at various points though her upper leg. Those boots she wears are real hardy and cover a lot of leg, but not everything. And her pants are cool but make for poor armor.

Now, a bit of Thread Manipulation and… would you like some fries with your boot-lady wrap? Heh, unconscious like this and with only her face sticking out of the threads she looks… still kinda intimidating, to be honest. That resting bitch expression in her tanned face makes it seem like she chews rocks for breakfast. Considering what she did with the poor ground, maybe she does.

“So… You kids know the Boot-lady?” I ask, idly poking said lady in the forehead. She sure doesn’t look like a Hollow, nor like any shinigami I’ve ever met. Admittedly I’ve only ever met one, so what do I know?

The twins shake their heads, maybe a bit shaken by the encounter. Now that I look around, we kinda trashed the street in our two-minute melee…

Should I wake her up then? I mean, there’s not that much I can do about her anyway. Besides munching her. I usually munch everything that tries to kill me first, but this time it was a misunderstanding, so I could make an exception.

So let’s poke her forehead a bit more insistently and… There!

“Wha—” The woman sputters awake at my prodding, only to realize she’s in a bit of a (heh) bind. “Release me, you monster!”

“That’s no way to apologize for attacking me unprovoked, you know?” I mean, rude much? “That was obviously a misunderstanding, so I’m willing to let bygones be bygones, but I think I deserve an apology.”

“In your dreams monster! What did you do with the children?”

“Uh… They’re right behind you?” I would give the twins a meaningful look, but my facial expression is kinda stuck, that with bone masks being rigid and all that. Fortunately they seem to catch my plight and step forward.

“We are fine, miss.” Yuzu hurries to explain. “Miss Weaver saved us from the bad Hollow.”

“No! It’s a trap! There are no ‘good Hollow’ you fools! Run before it’s too late!”

Huh, she has a point though. One good Hollow out of millions is practically the same as zero, and I still have trouble keeping myself from munching on tasty humans. Maybe I should offer to release her and send the twins with her. She’s strong enough and I couldn’t really fault the twins if they choose a fellow human before a gorgeously haired undead caterpillar, I guess.

It’s probably even for the best.

“So, maybe you girls...” My proposal gets interrupted by Yuzu’s arms hugging my body while hiding from the yelling Boot-lady behind me. Karin… Karin is acting a bit more brave, but she’s definitely taking cover behind me too, glaring at the Boot-lady. “Uh, I guess you have your answer, Boot-lady. You kids are just too precious.”

I’m not crying damnit! I have no lacrimal conducts.

“You have brainwashed them, you damn Hollow!” And still the Boot-lady refuses to come to her senses “Take this filth off me and I’ll show you!”

“Look here, Boot-lady, It wasn’t me who went around attacking innocent caterpillars out of nowhere. How about you calm down and take a minute to—”

“How about I bash your head in?” She roars as if she can somehow get free and make good on that threat “Dirty Boots!!

“Wow, do you want to attract all the Hollows in the area or something?” Suddenly there’s Reishi flying everywhere. “My threads can hold down a Gillian you know?”

Probably even an Adjuchas, I’ve gotten stronger since the Skull-thing. There’s no way she’ll… Wah!! She’s breaking through!!

Okay, Punto Veneno.

Aaaaand, unconscious again. Sigh, that was a waste of time.

You got a crazy boot lady in your web, but you’re all out of pokeballs. What do you intend to do now?

Recruit.
    Try again the peaceful approach. Maybe gagging her first this time, so you can make your point uninterrupted. The twins made clear they prefer to remain with you before joining an unknown and maybe unhinged human lady. But picking both is still better than having to choose! Also you won’t always be around to help, having a fellow human capable of kicking Hollows in the teeth around will become handy sooner or later.
    Abandon. Yeah, nothing to do here. Let’s forget about the random interruption from nowhere and keep searching for the kids’ ‘Ichi-nii’. She’ll probably be fine. Assuming she wakes up from my poison soon. And that ‘Dirty Boots’ trick she used to almost get free wasn’t a one-time thing.
    Mind the Children. Okay, she tried to kill you. Then you tried to clear the misunderstanding and she threatened to kill you for your efforts. That means munchies in your book. Not that she would survive long anyway, poisoned and cocooned like this in a town overrun with Hollow. Tell the twins to go ahead while you wrap up this business and then feast in your first human soul…. Wow that didn’t sound creepy or anything. Also, Karin will probably realize what you’re going to do even if you send them away, she’s a smart cookie.
    Harsh Lesson. Okay, she tried to kill you. Then you tried to clear the misunderstanding and she threatened to kill you for your efforts. That means munchies in your book. Not that she would survive long anyway, poisoned and cocooned like this in a town overrun with Hollow. The twins can look away if they want to, but you’re not going to coddle them. There’s a harsh word out there and the sooner they learn that, the higher their chances to survive on it.

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.
    [X][Boot Lady] Abandon.
    [X][Boot Lady] Mind the Children.
    [X][Boot Lady] Harsh Lesson.

You got another Natural Crit. (4/5)! Just one more without critical failures in-between and you’ll unlock the Perk Memetic Badass!! Please, oh mighty dice, stop making the QM cry...

Yeah, another Natural Crit, this one screwed me a bit, since I was rolling for the type of encounter and (stupid of me, I know) the possibility of critting didnt’ even cross my mind. So I had to improvise, hope you enjoyed the results

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020