1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

2. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

I submit to you 'Spiritually Transmitted Diseases' or, 'STDs' for short.

3. LokKi

LokKi Why so serious?

[X][Company] Collab

4. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Company] Protect

5. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

[X][Company] Collab

With this many decently strong individuals Weaver could make a cohesive defense formation that can, not only, protect the weaker members but allow you to protect other people you come across by absorbing them into group.

Like a Roman Phalanx of Fist, Boots, Gundam Lasers and Fabulous Hair.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  6. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

[X][Company] Collab.

7. YCG

YCG Not too sore, are you?

[X][Company] Collab.
    I woder if we can eat arificial souls for sustinance?

Its_a_cauldron_plot! likes this.
  8. Werd Me

Werd Me Making the rounds.

[X][Company] Protect

Its_a_cauldron_plot! likes this.
  9. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Company] Protect.

10. OldClueless

OldClueless Not too sore, are you?

[X][Company] Protect.

11. werdzerg13

werdzerg13 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Company] Collab.

12. edofthesquid

edofthesquid I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Company] Collab.

13. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

[X][Company] Collab.

14. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[X][Company] Protect.

15. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

It's a tie!
    [X][Company] Collab.
    [X][Company] Protect.

Compatible votes will be merged.

I'll post the vote results once I get home, but there haven't been any new votes since I last checked so it should be exactly 11 votes to each of those two options, and no vote for anything else.

EDIT:
    Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 14 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 411-436]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    Task: Company
    [X][Company] Collab.
    No. of Votes: 11
    [X] Shaper47
    [X] Bloodalchemy
    [X] CatOnFire
    [X] daimahou
    [X] edofthesquid
    [X] globalwarmth
    [X] InfiniteDarkSide
    [X] LokKi
    [X] Ratatoskr
    [X] werdzerg13
    [X] YCG
    [X][Company] Protect.
    No. of Votes: 11
    [X] Rock_on_5002
    [X] abyssmal_kismet
    [X] Autist4Hugh
    [X] CrimsonFate
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Jubjub3000
    [X] mattsaber
    [X] MrMig
    [X] OldClueless
    [X] Werd Me

Total No. of Voters: 23

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  16. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Company] Collab.

17. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

So Ichigo is going to be taking on a flood of hollows alone and/or with QuincyGlasses...And then The Squad rolls up!

victor janus and Planeshunter like this.
  18. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

Can I put in a vote on how Taylor sees Ichigo

Hallooooooo hunk.

my my my you could bouch a quarter off those abbs
    Your Aura is intoxicating
    You look good enough to eat.... Wait not like that!!!!

19. MasterOfDragonsGod

MasterOfDragonsGod Connoisseur.

[X][Company] Collab.

20. Planeshunter

Funny you would think about that...

victor janus, Harpy81 and Malcanthet like this.
  21. Threadmarks: Larva 1.23 - Of disappointingly overpowered siblings and Freudian blades
    Planeshunter

[X][Company] Collab.
    [X][Company] Protect.

“Alright, let’s stay together then, with some luck you’ll all survive the day.” I start with my best no-nonsense voice. “I’ll take point and Boot-lady can play rearguard. Chad, Trigger-happy, the flanks are yours. Keep your eyes peeled, the dangerous ones will try to ambush us.”

Okay, taking over the group was insultingly easy. It only took me giving out instructions as if I had any right to it for everyone to just up and act as if I indeed had that right, effectively granting it to me.

That’s how we formed around the kids and the wounded. Curiously enough, Tatsuki was the only one who looked like she wanted to complain. Not that she was in any position to, that with being unable to walk unassisted. For some reason, Trigger-happy seemed to get depressed every time I address her… Maybe she has some sad memories involving Hollow?

It’s a shame we don’t have time to know each other better, they look like an alright bunch. Chad and Trigger-happy take their roles seriously and the kids seem at ease around them. Except maybe that Chizuru girl. I’m still wary about her, weird japanese culture or not, the way she eyes her two female schoolmates keeps giving me the creeps!

In any case, we promptly proceed to carve a path of blood and pain through the masses of Hollow rush towards the place where I suspect we’ll find the mythical-rarity lost brother. I’m glad I took point though, Chad and Trigger-happy do well enough, but they’re still way too green to leave alone. Good call all around, me, good work.

Of course, as I was busy congratulating myself, I got ambushed again. Shut up, it’s important to keep morale, you know? Self-confidence doesn’t grow on trees! A moderate level of vanity is actually required to live a wholeful life! Shut up I said!

Anyway, the ambush.

Bakudō # 1. Sai (Restraint)

Suddenly out of nowhere, an invisible force bounds me, because of course I’m the one attacked out of nowhere, even while in a big group. There’s a girl with short black in front of me, with a definitely unfriendly expression in her face and doing something that apparently requires her to make exaggerated hand gestures. Guess she’s the one who got me.

“I feel like I’m being singled out here...” I complain, testing the binding. Whatever this force is, it’s pretty sturdy. Whatever. “Chupavidas!

The restraints loosen up and dissipate under my assault, which frees me to jump away right in time to dodge a massive sword. Carrot-orange hair, delinquent image, all dressed in black… this must be Ichi-nii, and he’s apparently a shinigami too. I can’t bring myself to be surprised tho, this town is clearly fucked up, so what’s a God of Death on top of everything else between friends?

...Wow, that’s some big-ass Freudian blade. Overcompensating for something?

“Sh- Shut up, you freak!” Did I say that out loud? Oops… “And get away from my sisters!!”

Before I can point out how stupid it looks when you jump into conclusions like he just did (Really, why would I bother protecting the kids so far if I had nefarious plans for them?), he jumps at me again. He’s at least smart enough to try and make me split from the group instead of, you know, force me to become their shield like the monkey-croc and the oily shadow did.

That would’ve been all sorts of messed up.

He still isn’t letting me talk and that’s getting really annoying, he’s damned good with that oversized butter knife of his. Heh, I guess he’s had a lot of practice ‘working on’ his sword techniques.

“Shut up already”” Ooops, speaking out loud again. I should work on that myself. “You perverted Hollow!”

… Wait.

Am I perverted? I mean, I don’t think so?

… Nah.

I don’t really think about it all that much, it’s just this guy makes it way too easy.

There, existential crisis averted, I can focus back on the fight. This guys isn’t too shabby, sure. I’d bet he can mow down the average everyday idiot like grass. But…

How to put it?

Compared with that shinigami I met back in Hueco Mundo he’s....

… Well…

...Lacking in every department.

Sorry Karin, sorry Yuzu. I thought your big brother was a badass Death God, but turns out he’s more like a poser. Baiting him for the third time through the same path, I finally have enough threads around to spring my trap.

So, a gentle tug with Thread Manipulation and… presto! Who asked for a carrot-topped shinigami wrap? Still, lately my luck with Disparo Demora hasn’t been all that good. Oily shadow could flow through it, Boot-lady actually managed to break the threads… I’d better talk fast before this guy pulls some other bullshit out of his ass, I don’t really feel like poisoning the kids’ big brother.

“Alright, will you listen to me now?”

He honestly doesn’t look in the mood for talking, but before he can really get a word in otherwise...

“Stupid Ichi-nii, stop bullying Miss Weaver!!”

The words are accentuated by a mysteriously flying soccer boot, hitting him squarely in the back of the head. I’d love to say I kept my cool and let the poor guy save some dignity, but that would be a big fat lie. His expression was a piece of art, something I’ll treasure in my heart forever. I rolled on the floor for a good minute and a half.

Turns out, ‘Ichi-nii’ has been acting as a substitute shinigami for some time behind his family’s back. There was an incident some time ago where his family was attacked by a hollow that nobody remembers because of some sort of soul magic mindfuckery or another. The twins are not amused by that little tidbit.

Then a shinigami came to the rescue but everything went sideways. In the end, the shinigami impaled herself with Ichi-nii’s mighty sword and that somehow gave him shinigami powers in return. It doesn’t make any sense, but hey. It works.

“Stop insinuating strange things, you pervert caterpillar!”

“And I object to our Kikanshiki being called ‘soul magic mindfuckery’.”

“I call it as I see it” I counter them both. Damn I really need to work on putting a filter on my mouth. “So! Anyone know what the hell is going on? All I knew is that I was chilling back home and suddenly a glowy portal thing popped below me. Next thing I know I’m here and the portal is closing.”

“Ishida is being an idiot and used a Hollow bait to stage a competition with me.” The overcompensating brother explains while facepalming. Is that supposed to explain anything? What the hell is a Hollow bait? “Now we’re trying to keep the Hollow for overrunning the town. It’s… not really working.”

“Nah, don’t be so hard on yourself.” It’s not like it’s even his fault to begin with, but I’ll have to remember to kick that Ishida guy’s ass for mass kidnapping or something. I doubt that’s legal anywhere. “With so many powerful souls around, most of the idiots are ignoring the regular humans, so things aren’t as bad as they seem, really.”

“Yeah, it makes sense that they go after powerful souls.” The powerless shinigami nods at my words. “Like Ichigo’s friends and family.”

“You know, phrased like that it really doesn’t sound like a good thing...” He grumbles, before eyeing my group and taking a deep breath. “I guess I owe you one for protecting them. Sorry for attacking you out of nowhere, pervert caterpillar.”

W- Wow! The delinquent can really act earnestly when he wants to! He also smells kinda tasty, now that I pay attention. Is it just me or is it suddenly very hot out here?

“I- It’s not a big deal, don’t worry about it. I mean, what kind of caterpillar would abandon two innocent children in need of help? Surely not this one!” Am I babbling? I think I’m babbling. Stop it, mouth! You’re making me lose all my cred! ....Wait. “What’s that behind you?”

“Seriously? If you think I’m going to fall for—”

“No, seriously! The sky is doing something weird and is that… Fuck!”

Everyone finally turns to look where I’m pointing at, right in time to see a bone-white clawed hand appear out of thin air and… draw it open. Making way for a huge black figure topped by a white hollow mask of prominent nose.

A Gillian.

The friggin Hollow bait has summoned a fucking Gillian. When I find that Ishida fellow I’m going to shove something hard and painful up some part of his anatomy so hard he’ll be able to taste it from the other side! Possibly that very bait thing that caused this to begin with.

… I don’t even care I’m swearing in front of kids, how’s this shit my life?

There’s no choice but to fight, unless I want to see the whole town reduced to dust.

Alright, this isn’t like the time with the Skull-thing. You’re stronger, smarter, faster… better, you also have a baby shinigami by your side. Those are the upsides. The downside is a powerless shinigami and a handful of civilians to protect. Chad and Trigger-happy girl sit right in the middle. They’re not completely useless, sure, but you can’t see them helping much in a direct fight.

So… how do you want to play this? I won’t be providing options this time, this vote will be write-in only. Please follow this format

[X][Plan] Plan name
    Explain the plan here, in a different line.

Votes by plan only, please. This time I’ll give 48 hours for votes, so people have time to come up with plans, and/or change their vote if a new and better sounding plan pops up.

Also, since there’s a big fight coming, I decided to get over my laziness and update the Character sheet. You’re welcome.

While wandering around you’ve slaughtered and munched on an untold amount of minor idiots! That sort of thing keeps piling up, you know?
    You’ve earned an obscene amount of EE while you weren’t looking! Power Level UP! You’re now lvl 59!!
    Warning, you’ve reached your max level. Special requisites must be met to keep growing!

Your skills have also improved during your fights in the human world!

Chupavidas Level Up! Chupavidas is now lv. 10/10
    -Chupavidas Branches!
    -You’ve Learned Chupavidas (Drain Wisdom)
    -You’ve Learned Chupavidas (Energy Manipulation)
    --Energy manipulation levels up! Energy Manipulation is now Lv. 2/10
    -You’ve Learned Chupavidas (Vampiric Aura)

Punto Veneno Level Up! Punto Veneno is now lv. 10/10
    -Punto Veneno Branches!
    -You’ve Learned Punto Veneno (Healing Salve)
    --Healing Salve is now lv. 1/10-(25%)
    -You’ve Learned Punto Veneno (Hair Manipulation)
    --Hair Manipulation synergizes with Thread Manipulation! Hair Manipulation is now lv. 3/10-(20%)
    -You’ve Learned Punto Veneno (Gorgeous Armor)
    --Gorgeous Armor is now lv. 1/10-(50%)

Disparo Demora (Mix&Match) is now lv. 1/10-(25%)
    Disparo Demora (Multishot) is now lv. 1/10-(50%)
    Disparo Demora (Thread Manipulation) is now lv. 3/10-(20%)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  22. Autist4Hugh

Autist4Hugh I trust you know where the happy button is?

Level what?

23. Planeshunter

Ooops, fixed now.

24. Ljapaubeaves

Ljapaubeaves Making the rounds.

[X][Plan] All you can eat Buffet

You have a lot of help now and thus a lot options.
    Use your newfound companions to the fullest extend.

Ichigo smells pretty fine right next to you so you could ask for a quick sip and it may work as a hyped up energy drink. His sisters saved your life, what would happen if you tasted him? (Wait that came out wrong...^^) Afterwards you may as well let him leap into the fray together with you. With that hair and spiritual pressure he looks just enough of a Main Character to have bullshit plot armour to save him. You on the other hand are one squishy caterpillar and should fight smart.

Chad is a hunk of dark skinned manmeat and you have the feeling of a flashback mounting in the hindbrain. (Wonder why?) Use his superior strength combined with your "almost" unbreakable silk to bind the Gillian.

Orihime seems to be quite good as a sniper (as you've seen so far) so letting her stay back and poke holes into the Gillians weak spots from afar is a good idea.

You don't actually know what Boot-Lady Jackie Tristan can do with her boots but the way she ripped apart your prescious threads spoke for itself. She is the third corner of the Tri-Attack you plan to execute upon the Gillian after catching it in your web.

The last useful member of the Team seems to be the Black haired not-anymore-shinigami girl. That Magic attack of her caught you, maybe it'll help out in a pinch?

All in all the plan is to catch the giant unaware, beat it down to size and eat as much as possible.

Ps.:
    Literally had to make an account first on this forum to watch this thread and thank you for the fun i had reading it. I'll stick around for now and enjoy some more, this is way too fun.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  25. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

The best I have for a plan is to bind it first if possible. Then stick yourself to it backside and start draining it energy like a leech at full-blast while making sure your allies are out of blast zone but also make sure to use your poison as well. And while this going on make sure your allies attack the big oaf from different angles to keep it focus away from one spot while occasionally using webs to impede it movements.

ThePokeManik and Planeshunter like this.
  26. Rock_on_5002

Rock_on_5002 Making the rounds.

[X][Plan] Split the Party
    You know you can definitely fight this thing even solo if only for Escalada but you don't necessarily want to use that, the city is not Hueco Mundo collateral damage and loss of life are the biggest concern that means two things.
    (1) You need this thing dead quick.
    (2) You need to keep it distracted if you can't do that.
    Get they kids and the injured out and send Trigger-happy and Chad with them in case of left over hollow but most of the ones who can, probably fucked off once the Gillian showed up to avoid getting eaten themselves.
    Then you are gonna put your web slinging to the test and you are gonna wrap this thing up while climbing it so it's bound and distracted and so you can hit it's mask with Chupavidas and Punto Veneno.
    Then Jackie had that power up thing she was doing earlier that nearly snapped your threads and you know those are strong enough to hold a Gillian you told her this yourself so have her do that cause the Gillian kinda trumps the previous need to not throw reishi around to not get dog piled by weak hollow and leave her to it she knows her own abilities better than you do and where she'd be useful and that leaves Ichigo as the remaining viable combatant on hand and honestly he hasn't impressed you much. Yeah he's pretty good with that sword of his overcompensating or not but that's not gonna help much here and he didn't seem to have any ranges attacks and unless he plans on trying to trip this thing to reach it's face or something else ridiculous then he should probably just contribute where he can and just use this as a learning experience to learn the level that some hollow and even other humans can reach under the right conditions.

ThePokeManik and Planeshunter like this.
  27. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

[X] [Plan] Queen of Guerilla Warfare

From what you remember Gillians are big, slow, powerful, artillery fighters. So you should get close and personal as you have the mobility to avoid any counter attack at that range. Boot Lady is the second strongest non caterpillar person for protection but against a Cero that would only last a second. Over Compensation guy is stronger but have lacks finesse beyond meat clever to the face.

- First we use Healing Slave and/or Chupavidas Enegy Manipulation to heal up everyone because mobility is key here. One big Cero is bye bye so get a building between you and that Gillan.

- Second we split up. Trigger happy takes Chado and the non-combatants to some good cover. They need to be wary of opportunistic Hollows that might sneak up on them. Call for help if overwhelmed. Ichigo, the Shinigami without a sword and Boot Lady will be team 2. Weaver will be team 3.

- Team 2 will get the Gillians attention via hit and run tactics. If Shinigami girl can imobilize it for a second after I have gotten close enough that would be useful otherwise hang back.

- Fourth Weaver will use hair manipulation then Gorgeous Armor to make a sharp non restrictive covering to that you can poison and protect at the same time.

- Fifth Weaver will use Punto V to climb and cocoon the Gillan in Mix and Match threads infused with Chupavidas. While scraping our sharpened poisoned hair armor across any exposed skin. Disrupting a potential Cero is priority one, so any attempted charge up is a bite to the face and crotch via Chupavidas.

- Lastly we are not trying to win we are trying to make staying here not worth the effort, so if big tall explody face wants to leave? Let it go. If it wants to fight till the bitter end we make it more bitter than it dreamed of. Until then we give it hell.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Harpy81, Demetric and Planeshunter like this.
  28. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

[X] [Plan] Queen of Guerilla Warfare

29. Werd Me

Werd Me Making the rounds.

[X][Plan] Split the Party

30. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

[X] [Plan] Divide, Spam, & Conquer

• First point of action is to keep the noncombatants away from the fight with Chado and Triggerhappy guarding the children in case of ambush. And also tell to move around every once in a while so big oaf won't get a lock on to them or at least keep out of sight.
    • Remember the Big Oaf is simple, cumbersome beast in its attack patterns but also out of your league in power levels. So exploit it short coming whenever possible by attacking it fast and without staying in one spot for too long for it to get a lock on you and your allies.
    • Have carrot-top and boot-lady attack fast and hard to keep it off-balance by making it unable to focus on one area and most of all use your abilities to help keep them safe when they seem to be in a bad spot.
    • Start spamming your webs all over the big oaf laced with energy draining and poison in ways that it simply can't get rid of your webs like wrapping it's waist. Then start cocooning it by binding it by the legs to make it fall over whenever possible to totally cocoon it.
    • When possible climb on the backside of it head and use your hair to stake yourself to it so you can stay there while using more poison. And start using your energy draining abilities at full blast while spamming more webs to cocoon its head making hard for it to open its mouth.
    • Also keep in mind that victory conditions means keeping all your allies alive and in one piece as well defeating that enemy completely without suffering any setback and losses of any kind.
    The best I could make cause I want Weaver to fight the Menos and attain victory against it. Plus, I think if we want her to grow stronger or maybe evolve then she has to start fighting stronger than herself if she wants any chance to thrive in whatever she at.

Zucr13Ranu, victor janus and Grigori like this.