1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Regarding that stupid move . . .

No. No. Grogar did at one point exist. In the past. Discord was just impersonating him in the present.

I'll also say that Celestia is supposed to be stronger than Twilight. Though I couldn't really even attempt to guess by how much. But she's not the invincible goddess some people treat her as.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Caerwen

Caerwen Know what you're doing yet?

Babies crawl on hands and knees, not hands and toes. I can imagine it will be damn awkward. Both because the proportions are different and the weight is carried in different places. Thankfully, Grayven can just fly. Power rings for the win.

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  3. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

YOU WILL TAKE THESE PONIES AND YOU WILL LIKE THEM OR OR ELSE WE WILL BRING BACK THE NAZIS!
    (It puts the lotion its skin or else it gets the hose again.)

NAZIS I SAY! NAZIS!

Celestia: We have always been at war with Nightmare Moon!

Last call to guess it before the big reveal.

4. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

It was mention in the Books that there was at one point an entire Alicorn tribe. Celestia and Luna are all that is left. (Unsure if the others left or died) She was taught by Star swirl the bearded who is noted to be from the Pre-classical era. As he had helped to create the tree of Harmory this was prior to Discord's reign. Also it was shown that the pillar's were from before the unification of the tribes which was "hundreds" of years before Celestia's rule would put her an min over 2000.

He also a access to a pocket dimension that he draws the majority of his power from. And frankly while his magic does have limits it it takes a major artifact for him to be effected.

It's stated he had drained all the ponies. That would imply Starlight as well. Also noted he had drained Cloudsdale, Apploosa, and Caterlot all very far from each other. We can also see more locations when they return the magic at the end.

Dimensional Travel, Taught by star swirl, she also effortlessly countered Twilight's Want-it-need-it spell, Twilight is her personal student who has stated that she enjoys talking about magic with, and even if she lost connection with them afterward she is the only pony ever able to use all the elements at once solo. She was able to effortlessly strong-arm Big Mac who was able to easily pull a house off its foundations. One villain remarked that if she were to ever be corrupted she would have an "Infinite power of Destruction" in her Daybreaker form. Said villain (The Pony of Shadows) was the only one to be able to tank the elements of Harmony and keep on trucking. Also Amy rogers confirmed that the sun she moves is the same size as our sun.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Princess_Celestia_(IDW)

This as links to the panels where it is stated.

5. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

At least the Nazis provoked debate. The Nazi stuff was marginally more interesting.

6. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

I can't help but wonder what Sinestro-Ring's snarky reaction would be.

Ardy, RagnarokAscendant and Darko like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that during the April Fools episode Luna said they were 8000 years old.

Sinestro ring may take some amusement from renegade trying to figure out how to walk when changed.

Zoat will renegade have his god powers when he goes to Equestria?
    Sunset couldn't use her unicorn magic when she came to earth 16.

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It was also stated in the comics that Sombra was rehabilitated. I don't think it's canon.
    Do you have a quote for that? How do you know that he doesn't simply create it?
    How did the speaker know that he had drained everypony?
    That... Looks like they juiced her up a lot from the animated series.
    I decided to go in a different direction with the Renegade version.
    Yes.
    Well... She could. She'd just... Have needed to get a unicorn horn from somewhere...

9. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

No one really cares. Zoat writes his updates days in advance and he has been working/alluding to the pony episodes for months the power level of whomever is whatever Zoat decides on.

I don't think anyone here actually cares if you decide to foam at the mouth if you believe the depiction of a character to be un accurate, so take a chill pill and accept the episode. If you don't like it then leave for around a month as that is probably what is going to take.

AtomicGeneral25, Darko and Vanathor like this.
  10. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

To be fair, Zoat has taken feedback and used it to revise pending chapters before.

11. Enochi

Show cannon supersedes comic cannon for sure. However if it doesn't contridict the show I roll with it.

https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Friendship_is_Magic_Issue_57 Also Alicorn Pinkie Pie.

Implied. I believe Tirek himself says he drained everyone else not sure though? And could be an exadjuration.

Comics do tend to have less restraints. Kind like how comic Supes is Magnitudes past any of his cartoon/live action versions.

*Blinks* Um? Okay? Not sure where all the vitriol is coming from here

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

So apparently I'm the only one who googled Respect Celestia, because there are people helpful enough to catalog people's feats.

Darko likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Show canon is that Celestia lost a fight to Chrysalis, some vines, some changeling mooks and a cloud. I struggle to reconcile that performance with the comic's high end feats.
    Ah, sorry, I misread your original comment.
    To the best of my knowledge, Tirek has no magic-seeking ability. Otherwise the effort to hide Twilight would have been in vain.

14. Enochi

Comic Celestia states she could easily beat many of the challenges Twilight faces but tends to not step in. Celestia also is stated in show to have prophetic dreams so it could be argued that she knew how it would turn out is was just aiming for the best result but I admit that is a stretch. To be honest the show is very inconsistent with the Princesses. In addition Chrysalis is ancient according to comic canon as well. She can also drain the power and magic from others to boost her own which she was doing heavily from Shining armor who is no slouch to say the least. Shrug personally I prefer the more powerful interpretation of Celestia as it seems more fun. Also the cloud thing is really really inconsistent with everything else considering what we have seen regular Pegasi do.

Also Sunset shimmer isn't show canon. They have stated that the EQG verse is different from the main show-verse.... but then again they did show her in the final song so I dunno.

It was in vain. The princesses knew that Discord had been subverted but that he also knew about Twilight. The whole giving Twlight their powers was pointless. Also while Tirek didn't have magic seeking. Discord who was rounding them up for him does appear too. Again you could make the argument that is she was just aiming for the best result due to future knowledge but eh if that's the case it becomes as bad a plot device as worm's Path to Victory.

15. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is that really fear she is feeling or is it embarrassment?

Darko likes this.
  16. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I bet he is a changeling holes and all.

Darko likes this.
  17. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

"Ah… Both? One of them was talking to me, trying to get me to raise an army of demon zombies." She frowns. "And I think it was written in blood."

Is that the Necronomicon?

dogbertcarroll and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

As with so many horrible things the USA did this first. Also from what I have heard a lot of it was and is about clashing cultures/cultural chauvinism, in other words things are seen as abusive partly because it was done by natives and placing Native children with White parents or in a boarding school run by Whites/Anglos is what is best for them in part because it helps to strip them of there Native culture/identity.
    Further when it comes to abuse, it used to be routine in America for young people to have unnecessary surgery to remove things like tonsils and appendix. Part of the reason that decades ago pretty every male baby born in a hospital was circumcised was that it was thought that it would make the head of the penis less sensitive and the kid less likely to masturbate when they grew up. It used to be pretty common for left handed people to be physically abused by teachers for using their left hand. So what qualifies as "abuse" is partly cultural and if you were a racial minority decades ago in the US or Australia it's more likely that you would be taken from your family by force over "abuse" than if you were White.

19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well the Army of Darkness edition, yeah.

Doccer likes this.
  20. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Could be.

I'm not sure in general, but the Doc I know? He was talking about a girl who was dying from an STD gotten from being raped by her father and brother.

The rules of the time for Child Services meant she had to go to her uncles place. Who lived next door to her father and brother.

I know, ancdote, not statistics. But, still.

21. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

That would probably fit a martian like Mgan.

Grayven nature as a magical god of conquest with a core of greed, fear and love that is used to hold a fragment of the anti life. Thus he being an Alicorn king sombra equivalent makes more sense...

Paul soul core is mostly filtered greed (with a touch of order, chaos, angel and demon) so Paul would probably be some high end draconic creature.

22. Threadmarks: Equestrian Girls (part 2)
    Mr Zoat

1st April 2012
    22:22 GMT -6

Okay, clearly this was.. built for.. someone smaller than.. me-.

Ah. Okay, head through-.

Whow.

Whow.

I pull my head back for a moment and blink as my visual field readjusts. I knew that normal ponies have side-mounted eyes to better watch for predators, but Equestrian ponies… They're not side-mounted, but the visual field is a noticeably different shape. And there's no.. 'gap' between being here and being there. Your body changes as you go through what appears to be a two dimensional membrane. Circe could.. probably explain how the mirror makes blood flow synchronise despite the differences in body shape and volume, but a precise explanation isn't necessary for my purpose.

Behind me, Sunset tries to help Twilight up while Twilight… She's trying to stand on her toes.

Ah, the memories.

I lean forward once more, my upper body passing through the portal and mydon'tmovethemdon'tmovethem. My forehooves resting on the upper tier of the small dais it stands on. Don’t move them. It feels like I'm putting my bodyweight on the tips of my middle fingers, and while I'm strong and tough enough to actually do that it's.. a weird feeling. My sense of balance isn't usually-.

Where have my rings gone? Sinestro, are you still there?

Yes… Lantern Grayven. Apparently I'm being dragged into this farce as well.

Where did-? I flick my ears, and half-turn my whoew long neck so I can see myself in the mirror's surface. My yellow power ring is now a yellow power earring, hanging from my right ear like a cow's ear tag. Turn my head the other way and, yes, same with my orange ring. Piercings? I hate piercings. I regard it as a weirdly socially acceptable form of self-harm, why couldn't they go over my horn or-

I have a horn!

-something? Ah, never mind. Right, I can still feel my humanoid lower half, just need to take.. one step.. forwards…

I lift my right forehoof up, move it forwards and gently lower it onto the next step down. It's not quite like walking on my middle finger; all the other fingers are tiny vestigial things on the.. back somewhere, so they're not in the way. I push down in a sort of lopsided press-up as I try to get used to the movement. Okay, I think I should be able to manage a slow walk without falling on my face. Left forehoof.. up.. and down. Progress. Normal back right le-.

I'm too wide.

Oh, right. Celestia's tall but anorexically thin. I'm.. probably either a scaled-up regular pony shape, or scaled-up Snowflake-shape.

Um.

Gruh.

I try twisting my hips in a way pony hips are.. apparently, not designed to do. But the mirror's frame appears to be extremely resilient, so if I push off my left leg and reach forward with my forehooves-.

Ahfuck-!

Ugh. I'm through. On the floor in the middle of a storeroom and that probably made enough noise that even the guards of Canterlot couldn't have missed it. Lying on my right side. Flank. Whatever an equine's side is called.

I'm a pony now.

I crane my neck to get a look at my whole body in the mirror. Gray fur, eyes.. pretty much the same. My full body armour is now full body barding, though it doesn't cover my forehooves. Have to bring gloves next time I come through. But what the heck is up with my horn? It's curved and.. smooth, without the spiral I remember from My Little Pony. No idea what's going on there. And wings! I have-.

Oh fiddlesticks, how do I move them?

Um. Yes. Yes? Kind of? I'm just twitching the muscles in my shoulders and back in the hope that one of them connects to-.

Huh-ah?

And now I'm on my back. Turns out that my wings are as strong as the rest of me. And while I sort of got a feel for the muscles involved, I don't think I'm going to be doing any flying for the foreseeable future.

You are aware that-?

Yes, yes, I know I could fly by ring. But despite a few questionable decisions I don't honestly believe that Celestia is stupid. There are probably all sorts of magic-detection spells on her capital, and even more on her palace. And I'm pretty sure that they'd-

I squirm and roll onto my side.

-register yellow and orange power rings as some sort of dark magic. I'm not here for a fight.

An intelligent observation, Lantern. But without a ring, how do you intend to move the mirror?

Boom tube, probably. Mother Box?

Ping.

Okay, let me know when you've adjusted. And if you can't, I'll just have to grab it and run.

Another squirm and I'm lying on my… Underside? Gentle flex of the membranous wings now stapled to my spine to check they're working, good. Middle finger middle finger push, and back.. right middle toe..? Yep, okay, good. Back left middle toe and push…

Ah…

Arch my feet and push with my legs and up I go. Hah! Okay, door's over there, should still be unlocked from where Sunset picked it… Yuuuaaah… Alright, I'm probably not stable enough -hah!- to open it by hoof… Ugh, mouth it is, then. I'm immune to disease, as long as I don't lick it I'll be fine.

Okay. Walking… Slowly. Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Still a little odd, but I'm getting the hang of it. Walking… Walking… And we're there. And-. Oh, it's just a handle. I mean, I can see the keyhole, but once the lock's open you just.. push. Why do a species who don't have hands have handles like this? Am I supposed to push it with my hoof? No, never mind, my hoof's clean, I'm not going to scuff the paint.

And push

The door opens out onto a red-carpeted, lilac-painted corridor. The corridor is.. weirdly tall, with stained glass windows going from just below the height of my shoulders to near the ceiling. Hanging between the windows are simple… Tapestries? Banners? Showing stylised images of equines surrounded by the usual heraldic filler. It appears to be night, and the corridor is illuminated by wall-mounted sconces and candle-studded candelabras. Hm. No electrification yet? I suppose a palace this old wouldn't really be designed for it, and they would probably be better off waiting until they can implement it to a standard quality.

I carefully walk up to the closest window to try to get an idea of where the exit is likely to be. No electric lighting means quadrangles and courtyards to let the light in, though… I don't think an equivalent European palace would be quite this profligate in its use of glass. I can… There's another section of palace that way, over which I can just about see some of the taller buildings of part of Canterlot before the city stops. I really hope that it isn't like the hazardously built mess in the animated series, because if so I'm not going to spend a moment longer here than I have to. I'd survive the fall but it isn't as if I'd enjoy hearing everyone else die.

I turn back to the corridor. So… That way. Main entrance should be in front of me somewhere, but there's got to be a tradesman's entrance or something not too far away. As long as I'm careful, I should-.

"Who are you?"

Rats.

I turn to see-. Oh, it's two adorable little foals in mock-guard armour! How sweet! They've even got the little lantern-on-a-pole thing. Someone put a lot of effort into that costume. And yes, situational awareness, but it's not like I can move fast enough to hide. And they're clearly terrified of me. That won't do at all. I lean down slightly and smile at them in an attempt to calm them.

"Hello, children. Why don't you run back to your parents and forget I was here?"

"Y-. Y-."

"Look, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'll just be on my way, and-" I shrug, and-. And I'm momentarily lifted into the air as my wings flap. "-then-." The two foals flee for the stairs at the far end of the corridor.

Okay, I need to be somewhere else now.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  23. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

built for

Your next line is, “Thank you, corrected!”

24. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

For a moment, I thought he'd get his own pony body

ChestBurster, Ardy, Vorian and 12 others like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

Cheers, fixed.
    HAH!

26. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "over" to "cover".

27. oct9010

oct9010 .

Who wants to bet Grayven has entered the world of My Little Pony in the form of a Really Big Horsey?

28. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

[​IMG]

29. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

So batwings, curved horn and big.

30. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Ah, "mock"-guard armour, presumably.