1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ZeroXSEED, Jan 13, 2020.

1. blakekeane

blakekeane Versed in the lewd.

[x] Toyosaki's suggestion

Oops

2. legacyzero

legacyzero Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[x] Ryuju's suggestion

Given the nature of the students in Shuchiin, any event will be a level of a professional event. Its a real hard toss up between the 2 choices to be honest.

Cane Toad and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

[x] Ryuju's suggestion

4. xyztama

xyztama Smile of Happiness

5. Kravenmato

Kravenmato Getting sticky.

Yeah, not sure about it either.

6. Threadmarks: Chapter 5.2
    ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

Vote Tally : The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff) | Page 23 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.6.0

No. of Votes: 11
    Cane Toad
    BB54
    blakekeane
    CloLag01
    CookieSideUser
    Him01
    HipoSlime
    Kravenmato
    ScarletCloud
    TriGayatri
    Yveski

[X] Ryuju's suggestion
    No. of Votes: 5
    DamnedAeons 187
    Achagoya0072
    Cuchulin
    Lector312
    legacyzero

Total No. of Voters: 16

"Let's go with Toyosaki's strategy." You decide, "This strategy is used commonly for a very good reason, plus, regardless of our inferiority in physical abilities, we have the advantage of teamwork."

"Teamwork?" Tanuma asks.

"Remember there's a giant rift between the upperclassman and first years of Student Council. As much as they're forcing it, they can't work as smoothly as us." You point, "This isn't a gamble so much as a logical observation."

"I can see that, but it's not 100% sure thing," Ryuju argues.

"Even if that's the case, remember that you work together the most with Hongo, so your combination would be the best for the second half of the race."

"True."

"Listen, in terms of pure running, I can never beat Miyuki, so don't be shaken by the fact that I might come late." You advise Tanuma, "Instead, focus on an underhand pass that will require absolute trust between members. This is why I decide you as the second runner, Tanuma."

"YES!"

"Hongo, you will be our most important link in this race. Any momentum lost caused by me and Tanuma, only you can deal with it. Ryuju and Shinomiya are perfectly equal with each other, so whether we win or lose will be decided solely by the third race."

"Alright then." Hongo slaps his face to psyche up. "I'm ready."

"Well, there's also the fact that the object they carry is heavier than ours." Toyosaki opens his eyes, "Solid gold aiguillette is not a joke, I estimate it should weight somewhere between 300 to 400 grams."

"Right, this is our best weapon against them as well." You raise the MP5 magazine in your hand, "This is heavier than the previous pistol magazine we use, but not by much, and it's longer thus easier to hold onto. Remember the key phrase is Reload."

How much difference it will make? You don't know, but it's better than nothing.

For example, the group with the biggest handicap in the race is the athletic club, as they have to carry a women shot put (4 kg iron ball), while the group with the least handicap is the disciplinary committee and their armband of authority.

Speaking of which, the Public Service Club managed to win the girls category of Club and Committee relay race as expected. Yukinoshita and Shijo combination is simply unfair for the rest.

"Congratulations." You tell Yukinoshita when the two groups meet.

Shijo flicks her ponytail (?), "Hmph, that's just as expected. I hope you're not holding back everyone, Tanuma."

"Ahahaha, I can't promise anything." Tanuma, in his usual display of density, just laugh foolishly in response. And yet it doesn't seem like he's under pressure from Shijo's usual bitching.

"That's why you can have this." Shijo gives out a charm made of folding paper. "It's made of our notebook, so maybe we can sprinkle some of our godly luck on you."

The notebook must be the item they use in the relay.

"Thanks." Tanuma looks at it and then put it in his pocket innocently, "Too bad it will be destroyed in the race."

From all the sweats of course.

Shijo blush and smack him, "I can always make you a new one! Hmph."

"Please don't waste paper for such purpose, Shijo-san. It's bad for the environment, you need to learn to sew a proper one out of cloth next time." Yukinoshita smiles, but it's crystal clear she just shit talked her club member.

"No, this is more than good enough. Thank you Shijo-san, and wish me luck." Tanuma left with an innocent smile.

You can just hear people in the background cursing him. "You dense motherfucker!"

You can't help but agree.

"Fight hard, Hikigaya-san." Kashiwagi clenches her fist at you in encouragement.

"Please don't make me embarrassed as someone from the same prefecture." Yukinoshita teased, "At the very least, running is all you can do properly, right?"

"Big talk from someone who derailed the obstacle race, Snow Woman." You say in response as you leave, "Next time you enter caterpillar race you should bring a compass."

Yukinoshita has a staggeringly bad sense of direction, that her high-speed caterpillar veered off the course despite having a massive advantage in traversing balance beam.

Granted, it still wins her second place. She managed to recover quickly in Ame-Kui thanks to her insane running speed, but it was a hilarious show nevertheless.

"I have no excuse for that one." Yukino twitches in response but manages to keep her smile. "Good luck."

As your club members face off against the student council, you and Miyuki walk one step closers and exchange a handshake.

"I'm going to kick your ass, Hachiman," Miyuki says.

"Feel free to try, loser." You tell him.

"Now THIS is going to make a headline," Kino screams as she takes a myriad of pictures from all angles.

"Ahem." Kose loudly declares, "Mass Media Club stands proudly behind the student council!"

"OOOH!!"

Not entirely unexpected, you just hope they can at least write less biased articles later. Anyway, from what you can see... the other clubs are pretty much irrelevant in this race, either due to unfit members or massive handicaps.

"Stay on your position!"

You, Miyuki and all the other first runners picked the assigned lanes earned from the raffle. You managed to get lane 2, which thankfully can be mitigated by Momo (as lane 1 and 2 have sharper turns). The student council earned lane 4, which is more balanced and ideal.

Putting Tanuma as the second runner turns out to be the fitting choice, as he's the shortest of the boys in the club. Still, the student council has a field advantage.

It doesn't matter.

"READY!"

"SET!"

"GO!"

You rush forward as fast as you can, without paying attention to the other opponents. Focus on one thing, and one thing only.

"RELOAD!" You scream, "RELOAD!"

And Tanuma runs with his hand behind him, with you passing your magazine to him. The Student Council's General Affairs Manager is ahead of him, but you hope that Tanuma can remember your words.

"Don't think, don't feel, just do it. Tanuma."

And so Tanuma manages to pass the magazine to Hongo safely, who immediately sprint at max speed, catching up to the Council's Audit officer with ease.

It seems that the aiguillette is, indeed, a massive handicap!

This is the last section.

Ryuju!

"RELOAD! RELOAD!"

The last section of the race plays like a slow-motion recording in front of your eyes. Ryuju manages to catch up with Shinomiya down to the last meter and...

Draw?

Even though it happens right in front of you, that can't be anything but draw, since Shinomiya and Ryuju made a perfectly straight line on the finish line.

Even the referees become all quiet.

"Who won?"

"It has to be Kaguya-sama right?"

"I'm not sure, Ryuju seems to be a bit ahead."

"No, I'm pretty sure that was a draw."

"That's definitely a draw."

The murmur of the spectator becomes increasingly louder until Shinomiya steals a mic and knock it to get everyone's attention.

How bold.

"[Ryuju-san won.]" She speaks aloud.

...Wait.

"What? Shinomiya threw in the towel? Why?"

"But if she says so."

"[Umm, based on slow-motion recording us referees can conclude that Ryuju Momo of the class 1-D is, in fact, the winner of this Club and Committee relay race.]"

From what you can tell, Ryuju is just as dumbfounded and freeze at the announcement.

"Umm, please excuse me, Shinomiya-san." Mass Media Club president approach her.

"No pictures please." Shinomiya glares at Kino who is about to take a picture for an interview. "Or else."

That implied threat in her words is very, very chilling. Kino almost drops her camera and someone has to catch it. Kose who's trying to sneak a picture from a distance also passes out completely, both out of admiration and fear.

"Umm, why do you say Ryuju-san won this race? Most people think it's a draw."

"Certainly, we're running shoulder to shoulder till the end. And in a sense, our physical abilities are perfectly equal, however." Shinomiya says with a completely deadpan smile, "I admit the difference in our body is staggering."

"The difference in your body?"

"Ah." Ryuju finally realize why she won, "My boobs touched the ribbon first."

"..."

The entire area becomes completely quiet. No one wants to say anything, because Shinomiya or Ryuju, or even both, might just murder them. Probably literally too, and they don't want to risk it. But at least they know the truth, and that's why the referee declared Ryuju the winner. Ryuju with her C+ cup beat Kaguya with her maybe A cup.

"[Ahem.]" The Festival committee awkwardly continues, "[Let's move to the next race.]"

Everyone pretty much agrees not to talk about THIS race in detail.

"Well, a victory is a victory." You try to cheer her up.

You can tell that Ryuju was dissatisfied with the race conclusion. Whereas Shinomiya accepts her defeat graciously because she's stickler for principles, Ryuju has a very twisted sense of honor.

"Honestly, losing is probably better than this crap." Ryuju pouts, "Shinomiya's smug-ass face pretty much says it all, if we're going to have another race, she has absolute confidence of winning next time. And it pisses me off."

"Look at the bright side, it proves that you're still physically superior to Shinomiya." Hongo points out.

Everyone looks at him with disgust, and you hand out a slipper so Momo can slap the back of his head as punishment.

Repeatedly.

"You know what, maybe you're right." Momo looks at the slipper, then smiles. "Fuck it, let's go celebrate. I still have to help Student Council tidying things up, but we should still have a lot of free time, I'll drag Shirogane with me even if it takes an arm and a leg to do so."

Hongo winks at you, it seems that he purposely makes Ryuju mad so she can let go of her pent up frustration. What a cool guy!

"But where are we going to celebrate?" Tanuma asks, "I'd like anything but going to karaoke if possible."

Your parents said they decide to attend an expensive dinner with a bunch of 'new acquaintances' from Shuchiin, while Komachi and Kei play somewhere with Kei's friends before going back to Chiba with you later since Mother will have a night flight for business travel.

So if nothing else you should have a few hours left to spend.

Hmmm.

[ ] Restaurant is easier.
    [ ] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper.

gohomepls, Taisei, Kildar and 34 others like this.
  7. Thomasfoolery

Thomasfoolery Mt.

[X] Restaurant is easier.

8. Fieryfoxpaws

Fieryfoxpaws Keeper Of Coffee

[X] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper for evryone.

Time too show hachiman househusbandry.

9. xyztama

xyztama Smile of Happiness

[x] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper.

Time to show off that 8man appeal full force!

10. BB54

BB54 Getting out there.

[X] Restaurant is easier.

11. legacyzero

legacyzero Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Practically - its easier to go to the restaurant. However, a chance for 8MAN to both show off his cooking skills and raise that house-husbando stat from 7 to 8 is always a plus (though there are only bros this time, practice makes perfect! )

12. Lmchakone

Lmchakone Know what you're doing yet?

13. TriGayatri

TriGayatri Lewd Imouto

Easy mode is for permavirgin. Gotta ramp up the cooking skill through challenges.

14. Kravenmato

Kravenmato Getting sticky.

15. CloLag01

CloLag01 Getting out there.

16. Xion930

Xion930 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper.

17. Caladcholg

Caladcholg Getting out there.

Time to show, one of his 108 skills.

18. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper

19. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

A most unexpected finish to the relay race. I commend you ZeroXSEED

20. Matrodite

Matrodite Today's blend is Indigo Mountain

21. Cane Toad

Cane Toad I trust you know where the happy button is?

He can joke about poisoning the food.

22. Nnu

Nnu Know what you're doing yet?

23. inlurkshadow

inlurkshadow Making the rounds.

24. Malason123

Malason123 Making the rounds.

25. Yveski

Yveski Getting out there.

26. Caladcholg

Caladcholg Getting out there.

For information ZeroXSEED, I was checking hachiman profile and his reputation is still at 200.
    I understand, it's a small oversight, but can you edit it when you have the time ? Thanks.

27. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

Time to Flex those Cooking Skills.

Maybe we can even use our cooking as a bargaining chip from time to time.

28. Achagoya0072

Achagoya0072 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Cook for everyone, it's cheaper

29. Masterhentai

Masterhentai Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

30. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Time to show off the househusband skills.