1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

You're right. Grayven's schtick with arcane mechanisms driving people to find their niche role in broader society while also guiding them along with his conquest, combined with his experience with Equestria and the OrkPony magic of the WaaaaaghFriendship, means he'd be the Ork player.

DAT_NOOB, Vorian and Darko like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well he was once called King Tentacle Ogre, so becoming Big Gray Oingy makes sense.

3. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Seeing as Transformers is tied to Marvel (unless that changed when I wasn't looking) and LLMK to DC Comics, odds are we're safe from this. Probably. :)

I'm curious as to what Mammon thinks of LLMK. Also, I understand Mammon may be an ancient Syrian god, so I assume an 'Old God' in the sense of this story. Makes me wonder how it works if there's both a demon lord and an Old God with the same name, and overlapping areas of power...

(When a new religion takes-over an area there's the question of what to do with the existing gods of the people currently living there. Traditionally, you either made them younger relatives of your god (Thor was originally top god of his pantheon, so he was demoted to being Odin's son), or you turn them into demons, or 'false gods'.)

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Darko likes this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Mammon's appears to be a demon in this story and there may not be an Old God named Mammon. Probably people just assumed Mammon was a god and added him to the religion.

Ardy, Cuchulin and infinityDivided like this.
  5. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

If a demon acquires enough worshippers, can that turn them into an Old God? Do they then get to move out of Hell, and start buying furnishings for their spanking-new (which has, of course, existed for eternity) after-life?

Darko likes this.
  6. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Mr Zoat, has Paul taken up Hades’ offer of tying his soul to Erebos?

Ardy, DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably not, though if they did some serious spiritual and arcane surgery...maybe?

Blaze was able to become and Angel, so maybe it's possible for a demon to become a god.

He said he would like to have his Atlantean contacts go over the spell so that there are no problems because of his unique soul, though if he has taken him up on the offer I don't know.

IsActuallyBatman likes this.
  8. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Being worshipped as a god doesn't make one a god. Constantine's nemesis Nergal was worshipped as a god, still a demon.

And there was almost a Transformers/Justice League crossover, but it fell through.

DAT_NOOB, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Idkusername

Oh my... Looks like Mr Zoat is in danger of breaking his daily streak.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He has on occasion taken up to 10 o clock to update, so I don't think you have to worry.

12. Threadmarks: Here's Mud in Your You
    Mr Zoat

Earth 12

8th March 2002
    00:42 GMT -7

Um…

Huh.

Roy stands next to me, looking up at where the hole in the sky used to be.

"That's not something you see every day."

He's… Not wrong. I've seen a few strange things since I arrived on this Earth, but 'portals in the sky with giant hands coming out of them' are a new one.

He shrugs, then turns to look at me.

"How'd you wanna handle this?"

"Um. I… Think I'm going to need to call Green Lantern, because that's-."

Another portal opens, this time at ground level. Roy draws his bow and I trigger my Gravity Rod's force shield mode as… Mr Hagen stomps back through.

And then another Mr Hagen stomps through. This one seems more.. sullen? The first glances back at it in apparent irritation as the portal closes behind them.

"Anywhere. We could have gone anywhere. Any time!"

"We're turning over a new leaf and going straight, not pretending it never happened."

The first jabs its mud right hand at the second.

"What the hell happened to you?! No." He pulls his arm back. "No. On second thoughts, don't tell me. If you want to go to prison so much, you go right ahead."

I switch the Gravity Rod to flight mode and rise through the air towards them.

"Excuse me? Mister Hagens?"

Two muddy heads twist in my direction.

"What.. happened?"

The second one straightens up slightly.

"Some ex… Guardian?" I nod. "Named 'Krona' kidnapped a whole lot of different parallel universe versions of you and strapped them to a giant tuning fork. He thought I-." A brief glance at his.. twin? "We were you. Krona lost and everyone got freed."

"Okay. And why are there two of you? Did.. another version of you have the same idea?"

The first Mr Hagen glowers. "He's a copy. I split off a bit of myself to try and escape, and now it's giving me attitude."

"We killed a little girl!"

"We killed a toenail! A little bit of mud!"

"Oh, fuck us! I know you! The only reason you're angry is that you know I'm right!"

"I…" I shake my head. "I don't remember anything about you murdering anyone?"

The second Mr Hagen shakes his head. "We couldn't be charged. There was no record she ever existed. We didn't-. I didn't know she even could be intelligent. She was just supposed to be a… Detachable eye or something. But she wasn't. When I got intelligent I realised there was no reason why she couldn't have gotten intelligent in the same way."

"Okay. Maybe. But, one, we don't know that she was, and two, she chose to merge with us."

"Yeah, because we were beating on Robin and she wanted us to stop! I know how we justified it ourselves because I'm us! And I also know that it's bullshit!"

"Clearly-" I raise my hands to get their attention. "-the two of you disagree on this, but I'm not hearing anything actionable. What do the two of you want to get out of this situation? Where do you want to go from here?"

"Prison."

Mr Hagen Two is very definite. One hesitates for a few moments.

"If that deal's still on the table, I'll take it. But not for murder."

"From the sound of it, it wasn't murder. You didn't plan to kill someone you knew to be a living person. But the decision on what to charge you with will be up to the district attorney."

If the two of them can be charged. I'm not sure that American law was designed to deal with mitosis.

"I don't care what it technically was." Two returns his attention to One. "She was clay from our body you bastard!"

"The two of you are going to have years to talk out your differences. Is there anything you need to discuss, or can you just separate so I can call in the submarine?"

"Yeah." Hagen One shrinks down slightly, making an effort to humanise his exterior as he does so. "Yeah, I'm ready to get out of here."

"You don't get it." Two shakes his head, clearly disgusted. "You just don't get it."

"Yeah, well, what you gunna do?"

"This."

Hagen Two dives-

"No no NO!"

A freeze-arrow hits him mid-dive, covering about two-thirds of him in ice and.. probably freezing a lot of his mud solid. But not enough. His tendrils lash out as One tries to back away, latching on and merging with him!

"I don't wanna be you! Get outta meaaaaaaagggghhh!"

He loses his human shape, the two masses of clay being sucked together, merging and intertwining until there's no distinction but the occasional… Silently screaming face bubbling to the surface.

"What… The…"

Jade taps Roy on his right shoulder as he slowly lowers his bow.

"We should leave."

I float away from the clay mass, making sure that I can throw up a force field if it moves in this direction.

"We should back up, certainly."

Barbara's already shimmying up a wall and Jade swiftly sprints to a position of concealment. Roy backs up more slowly as two, four, eight hands emerge from the clay and grasp the screaming heads, pushing and pulling and ripping at them. He loads three more freeze arrows, but he doesn't exactly look confident.

I.. know how he feels.

"Got anyone else you can call?"

I level the Gravity Rod and keep my thumb over the force blast button.

"No one who can get here quickly."

"NNRRRAAAAAGHHH!"

The mud mass bursts, throwing damp clay in all directions! Shieldshieldshield!

Okay, blocked it, then… Shake off and deactivate.

"Um. Excuse me?"

Mr Hagen… One Mr Hagen, is face down and unmoving, the clay of his body surrounded by mounds of discarded clay. And standing next to him is a small girl who's looking around with no idea what's happening.

"What's going on? Where.. am I?"

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  13. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

... Did he just kill himselves to remake the girl?

... Damn. Respect.

14. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

I wonder what Robin's going to think....

15. Idkusername

Oh my. Is that even possible? Wouldn't Clayface have been able to access her memories if he'd kept her intact? Otherwise she's functionally a new entity.

Oh, and I guess I have to eat my words now.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'to me' not 'to be'

'meiosis' not 'meiosis" '

Is Peter going to adopt her?

Did Hagen Two survive this?

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Best father in law ever maybe.

Assuming Peter adopts her and Tim and her become a thing.

18. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

And he seemed so determined to go to prison.

What a pity. Instead of making up for his sins, he chose to commit murder again.

19. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Or possibly, he atoned by committing suicide.
    I'm really not sure how to count identity here. If they're not the same person, then they can't both be the killer. If they are the same person, then they shouldn't disagr-- well no, I can't say that, I disagree with myself all the time. If they are the same person, then none of them, not even Annie, can be said to have died. Even if she is back now. So... maybe none of them are dead. Maybe none of them CAN die. Nothing works to kill Clayface. Apparently not even absorption by Clayface.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hopefully he's still alive and just incapacitated now and maybe Hagen One is also alive and incapacitated now.

Even if they're both not, a little girl will get to live her life at least.

21. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No.
    Define 'survive'.

22. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Never do that without HP Barbecue Sauce.

23. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

... Did we get lost in the dimensional shuffle and end up in an episode of ghost in the shell by mistake?

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can you give us a future update on what happens to Annie?

Survive as in will he be able to pull himself back together again to resume his life and be able interact with the world, rather than just remain a bunch of unresponsive lumps of clay that lack an intelligence behind them.

25. Idkusername

Ha! Weak!

You fall against the Superior Worcestershire Sauce!

26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh-ho, Clayface and Clayling returning from their little adventure? Here we go!

And it appears to be moments after Clayface got snatched, back in Covert Community part two.

No, just every five to ten real-time years, whenever DC needs to shake up continuity...

Well, Peter here is the boss. But...

...Ah, problem solved.

And problem doubled. Boy, this day just got extra weird for them.

And that makes it clear which Clayface is the original, and which is the more empathetic Clayling. That would be One and Two respectively.

Boy, is he going to have questions.

Starting with the big one, huh?

And Peter has a slight 'oh crap' moment as he realises the bullet he dodged.

No, he got a conscience. I know it's been a long time since yours had any reaction.

You know, if you honestly believed that, then the other you wouldn't feel any differently...

Ah, if only he still had Ring charge, for that assisted eidetic memory...

Very reasonable, very logical. And Clayface is just going to keep ignoring that little voice saying 'maybe he's right?'...

The joy of reflecting on matters. Clayface never bothered to think about it, no matter how it may have bothered him.

Clayling's really being firm about this, isn't he? I wonder how much of those foundation impulses Clayface gave him back when they split are still ticking away?

If you haven't reread the previous scene by now, that was a deal for as little jail-time as possible, then working for Wynn in hopes of developing a cure.

Superhero universe. I would not be surprised if something similar has happened, somewhere in the depths of DC's archives.

Like talking to toddlers...

Oh, dear. Is he planning something?

And there we go. Hopefully there'll be something left of them after whatever's coming.

Oh, my. Forced recombination... I wonder who's going to come out on top, figuratively speaking...

Yeah, you squishy humans might want to step back for this...

If only to avoid the splash zone.

Gee, now we see why he's in charge.:D

Not quite the kind of mud-wrestling he'd enjoy watching, sure.

Hoo boy. Joy of running a private black op.

Boy, if he had a ring, this would have been much easier. But a Cosmic Converter Rod is a close second.

I see he's fast on the controls, though. Did he think to include his team, or are there some clay-covered ladies next to him?:p

Huh... So, Clayling sacrificed himself to rebuild Annie's memories and make a new body... The question is who's in Matt Hagen's body now?

This is one I'd like to see more of, if only to find out what happens next. Is Clayface still conscious (alive is hard to define for them, certainly), or is the Matt Hagen form host to Clayling? What will happen to Annie? I suppose if enough people ask, Mr Zoat will let us know... Meanwhile, back to the Manga Khan and Lex show...

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

HP is the Bestershire.

Doccer likes this.
  28. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Still murder.

Mr Hagen (#2) was very very clear that they are both fully realised people.
    That's why he was so distraught. Because he realised that if the split-off parts are real people, then absorbing one and destroying it's mind/thoughts is murder.

So both Mr Hagen's are real people, which means that what happened at the end of the last update was a Murder-Suicide.

WhiteNoise, Amrynel, Istaran and 6 others like this.
  29. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

I can't recall the last Peter chapter in detail so what's Roy doing here? Even if he isn't a part of the League his mentor is. So why would Peter bring him along on one of his recruitment missions? I thought he had no dealings with the League until 'the Batman incident'?

Darko likes this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Roy may be working with Jade as some kind of heroic mercenary and Peter hired them to help him free Hagen.

Peter may not deal with the League but he does deal with supervillains and superheroes so maybe that's how they met.

Ardy, Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.