1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Vaermina actually can't point it out to me. After an incident a while ago where Vaermina refused to accept my Word of Zoat on the fictional settting over which I have complete control, I added Vaermina to my ignore list.
    Did the main SI and Koriand'r ever have sex? No.
    Hepheastus got thrown off Olympus, which crippled him. He was average looking, while Vulcan got dumped for being born ugly but doesn't have to deal with a gammy leg.
    The Thanagarians would probably want him to show up to work.

2. Mr Zoat

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That German guy told the Team that those like Cap. Nazi don't age and can only die by being killed.

Cuchulin, Xmaster3000 and Chaoswind like this.
  4. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Pretty sure Blake Thorburn(protagonist of Pact) was male. Since Twig's protagonist is also male, I think his hatred doesn't discriminate. :V

Cuchulin, Ardy, Xmaster3000 and 4 others like this.
  5. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Then I might be mixiny his stories up which wouldn't surprise me since I've only read a couple chapters of worm.

6. Grek

Grek (she/her)

The WB protagonists are respectively:
    -A 15 year old bullied girl.
    -A 20 year old male handyman.
    -A 12 year old male lab experiment.
    -A 21 year old female superhero.
    -A 28 year old nerd and his goblin fuckbuddy.
    -A trio of 13 year old girls.

So yeah, everyone gets to suffer!

7. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Worm, obviously.
    Blake Thorburn, from Pact. Might've gotten his name wrong.
    Twig. Haven't read it, unfortunately.
    Ward's protag, not that I read past the first arc.
    Which story was this?
    And this? Wait, these last ones might be Twig's shared POV characters.

8. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

BUH? ok another Protag to pale?

Now this I'm pretty sure this is Pale.

9. Grek

Grek (she/her)

Poke, his Pact-verse mini storylet. It's uh. Unique.

Impartial Panic and Ardy like this.
  10. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Mr Zoat Sorry. Due to work I don't really have the time to read through the whole comment section. In fact I have more questions that you might already have answered. In SV I'd use the "Who Replied" feature to at least read all of your comments.
    Anyway, the questions:

How did Yellow!Paul travel to Earth Bet?
    Why did Yellow!Paul travel to Earth Bet?
    Why does Yellow!Paul care about and stick around in Brockton Bay?
    Does Yellow!Paul have any knowledge of canon Worm? If not, why not? I thought all Pauls just lost knowledge of their own setting of first arrival.
    How come you decided to have the Wormverse essentially "wait" for the SI's arrival instead of it being as far into the story as the various other Paul-hosting verses?
    Has your first name (Paul) at all started feeling weird with people using it in plural and treating it almost like a title at times?

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Rafin

Hey now. That's definitely (also) his girlfriend, not (just) his fuckbuddy. Nor do I really remember him suffering (more than he chose to).

Ardy and Grek like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He apparently found some Tinker Tech on Third Earth and most likely went there to see what was going on, either using magic or tech to get there.

He probably considers the shirty situation Earth Bet is in to be something he can't stand, so that's probably why he's sticking around.

This Paul has never read Worm so he never had any knowledge to lose.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  13. Rafin

Really just that? It seems weird to me that he'd abandon his Dominion (or whatever the title is) in order to do a city by city clean-up of some foreign world, starting, inexplicably, with Brockton Bay, which definitely isn't the worst hellhole of that planet.

Odysseus2099 likes this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here's what Zoat had to say about him:

He probably started with Brockton because that's where he entered that universe.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

By this point the situation on in Thundera has stabilised to the point where he isn't needed anything like as much. Earth Bet looks like a good place to trade with.

16. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

I doubt this will work out well. Many/most Thanagarians would probably agree with Worf:

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Vulcan and Hephaestus are much more reasonable than the rest of their families, the Seven Devils, or whatever gods the Klingons had, so them getting killed is unlikely.

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You gotta remember, Paul is really bad at being an actual leader.

Case in point.

Leaders are always needed, if only to read over and sign the endless amounts of paperwork that cross their desk.

Jaron, Gantradies and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In fairness the New Gods in the comics have been portrayed as being powerful enough that the ones we see are just avatars of some multidimensional entity, or sometimes they've been shown as being weak enough that an ordinary human can beat them.

Darkseid was once beaten by a couple of thugs.

We've also not seen as much of the Old Gods in this story compared to what we've seen of the New God's, so it may be difficult to accurately judge how they compare to each other.

I'm fairly sure that Old Gods are at least as powerful as New Gods in this story, though they may find it difficult to bring their full power to bear in the material universe seeing as they're more energy beings that can take on a human form, but due to their incompatability with the material universe they can't manifest their full power, while New Gods are more like superpowerful demigods, that being physical beings with highly powerful magic and souls, so find it easier to bring their full to bear.

Old Gods probably are more versatile than New Gods, but that doesn't mean that they don't tend to prefer using their Domain powers over other magics.

In the comics Darkseid and Ares once manipulated Zeus so that he may fight Izaya and Izaya thought that they could both kill each other if it came to a fight.

Izaya is basically Darkseids equal and he thought that if he fought Zeus that Zeus could kill him.

So if Zoat decides to use a similar power level for his stories version of Zeus, then I don't think he really nerfed them all that much.

And you gotta remember that so far Paul has shown himself to be a competent leader when he took up such a position.

The same goes for most of his other versions who took up leadership positions.

He's not perfect, but he's also not exactly the flailing infant you seem to believe he is when it comes to leadership.

There is such a thing as delegation.

His role is also a whole lot more ceremonial now with his wife running the actual day to day government, along with whoever works below her.

He most likely trusts her and that warrior cat that hated Lion O to run things competently, while others either respect or fear him to not step out of line.

He also created a government that won't have to rely on him to do everything since when Krona took him it could have spelled the end of whatever he built if he was absent and made a civilization that relies on one guy for everything.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  20. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

what does post weatherlight refer to? also do you mean wizards of the coast with wotc?

21. ironbabyjones

ironbabyjones Getting sticky.

(I’m binge reading right now)

I liked this scene. The way it’s depicted, despite the physical descriptions, I can only picture the Sybarite-OL as a super short guy bobbing up and down as he flies next to Wonder Woman.

This has probably been said already, but reading the arc featuring race riots on Mars was made way more interesting given recent events. (I desperately hope this does not open an old can of worms!)

Mr Zoat, I want to thank you for working on this story so long. Binging through old SV threads, there were many times I wished to comment but of course the material was too old - so please accept a single thank you in place of a lengthy commentary!

Ardy and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

If that's the fight I'm thinking of then it was Darkseid taking a dive to learn what tyranny was like from the other side.
    The Weatherlight is the name of a ship Urza built to fight the phyrexians. The saga covers the period where the crew do that.
    Nope. Still 6'1
    Fortunately, the 20 year exclusion is only for events 20 years in the past, not 20 years in the future.
    You're welcome.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think that's right.

I think that he either lost a significant portion of his powers then, or he actually needs people to be afraid of him for him to have any power over them, and those thugs didn't know who he was so they weren't afraid of him.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You have a very low bar for what it takes for a leader with a Zoat level power ring to be considered competent...

25. Alexcorvin

Alexcorvin Goodbye

When/where does this happen? Can you give me a link, pretty please? I'm very curious about your take on Worm.

Ardy and Xmaster3000 like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And you seem to have a very odd and incredibly inconsistent bar on what you consider to be good leadership and character quality, often times to the point that your statements make no sense whatsoever.

Zoat didn't write this scene yet.

He said that an orange version attacked a Cauldron HQ after finding out they tested drugs on people and then wiped their memories.

He thought they were evil and when Legend responded to his attack he thought he knew what was happening in the facility so killed him.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  27. Mr Zoat

It isn't written. There's some old omake stuff about the SI in Worm, but none of it was by me.

I think there was another one about him wrecking someone's garden while in Ophidian mode, but I can't find it.
    Sort of. He wasn't attacking from outside of it. That was where he started. He attacked because they tried to feed him an amnestic, and that's how they lost Contessa, Doctor Mother and Doorman. An alert went out, Legend responded alone because the doors were down, and... He died.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  28. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Familial love isn't all its cracked up to be. If your concept of love is based on "how families treat each other" you get abortion, domestic abuse, plots to murder your parents or siblings to usurp the thone, incest, abandonment, and other wonderful things in your portfolio to embody upon your children.

Rebu, Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  29. Alexcorvin

Alexcorvin Goodbye

Okay. Apologizes for bringing it up. Didn't mean to derail your thread if I did.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I believe that is a reference to Kirby having Darkseid deposed, running to Earth with his tail between his legs, and depowered, because DC wouldn't let him have Darkseid be the first against the wall when the revolution came like Kirby planned all along because DC wanted Darkseid action figure money.

So on Earth, powerless, Darkseid got mugged.

Considering in the stealth sequel, Captain Victory (Orion's son who grows up to be a space cop), Kirby's last words about Darkseid is that Victory's grandfather had been reduced to an impotent ghost who had nothing better to do than torment a small child, until said small child realized the ghost was all hat and no cattle, I think Kirby remained annoyed about not being allowed to kill him in Hunger Dogs like he wanted.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.