1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Soul pulping it is.

Roll 1d100 to see if the Oni drops anything.

2. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

roll
    AZATHOTHoth rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 26
    Rolled on: July-10-2015, 05:27pm

3. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

4. burningclaw2

You get nothing from the Oni drop

5. Firedon

Firedon Experienced.

On the one hand, awww.
    On the other hand, this is a really low end Oni. I kinda doubt that whatever it dropped would have been really valuable.

6. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

If we roll something like this leave it to me, I'll use my RNG powers.

7. junsa

junsa Versed in the lewd.

AGREED

8. Threadmarks: Au Revoir Mount Osore Part 3
    burningclaw2

When the Oni lunges at you you simply look at it before swiftly drawing the Yata-no-Kagami, your primary medium for Tamamo as you create the rudimentary oversoul you developed for the first time.

You then smash the Oversoul into the Oni immediately pulping the ogre’s body in as it was cleaved by the ridiculously powerful, in comparison, oversoul before its body simply dissolved.

Undoing the oversoul you turn to the arrival of Matamune who feels relieved that you're alright even as his face doesn’t betray any emotions...though as he’s a cat you honestly have trouble telling what he’s thinking if you relied on facial features.

“Young Master, I noticed that you still weren’t home so I decided to search for you. Seems like I didn’t have to worry, you truly are a prodigy of the Asakura clan.” Matamune honestly praises you causing you to smile.

“Then let’s head home and check on Grandma Kino, hopefully Anna will be there already.” you reply and follow Matamune as he leads you to your grandmother's inn.

You could feel that Matamune was pleased that you already knew the name of your fiance, but wasn’t surprised considering your ability.

When you reached your grandmother's inn you announce your entrance as you put up your shoes before heading to the sitting room.

Unfortunately it seems like Anna will be coming in after you.

Anna ended up returning to the inn as you were talking with your grandmother. When she came to the sitting room to drop off the stuff she bought for your grandmother you smile and wave at her face exposed through the cracked open sliding door.

She blushed before dropping the shopping bag and slamming the door closed.

“My, my, Yoh. You must have made quite the impression on Anna for her to blush at seeing you.” your grandmother comments joyfully.

“Haha, thanks grandma.” you laugh, you are eager to know more about Anna, she must be an amazing young woman to catch your grandmother’s eye.

“JUST GO DIE!” The yell of an embarrassed Anna rings throughout the inn causing you to laugh even more, along with getting chuckles from your grandmother and Matamune as they could guess that you were the source of embarrassment.

Later on you were sitting in the indoor hot spring bath, enjoying the soak along with Matamune talking.

Eventually your talk went in the direction of the Oni, causing you to ask if Anna’s own power created it.

“Indeed.” Matamune replies, “Anna is rather powerful so much that she naturally attracts negative emotions to her and gives them form as Oni, her own resentment further granting strength to these demons.”

You nod and say, “The feelings of Hatred which made the Oni I destroyed were rather new so it was probably a side effect of Anna’s power mixed with her Reishi. She probably can’t stop them from forming as they simply appear naturally around her due to her great power don’t they.”

“Indeed Young Master.” Matamune answers, “Anna wasn’t as lucky as you, while she’s a prodigy similar to you, in her own way, her power takes advantage of her resentment right now. Becoming an endlessly binding curse of Hatred which threatens to engulf her.”

Soon you get out of the bath, drying off before heading to your room to sleep.

The next day you were out looking for souvenirs for Grandpa, Mom, your dad’s apprentice (You felt sorry for the girl), and her spirit partners Ponchi and Konchi.

Anna ended up walking in as you thought of the latter two and how annoying they could be with their perverted antics.

She ended up commented about what she’d like to do if she got her hands on the two of them, which you saw involved primarily of maiming them. Disregarding her thoughts on maiming spirits you look at Anna and smile at her again.

You received no warning as Anna blushed one second only to slap you across the souvenir store the next yelling, “Just, just stay away from me!” Before turning and leaving the store.

Before she left you could honestly feel worry for you emanating from her, she cares for you on some level, most likely enough that she’d try and sacrifice her own happiness in order to protect you.

As you rub your slapped cheek you can’t help but comment, “Tamamo, I think I’m falling in love.”

“Seriously, Goshujin-sama? What about her is a redeeming quality she is quite rude to you and she even hit you.” Tamamo replies mad that Anna hurt you.

In turn you smile and say, “She’s just a firecracker. Besides you can just tell that she is someone who would never let another trample all over her, I’m sure you would agree with that.”

At your words Tamamo reluctantly nodded, Anna did have a cold yet fiery personality and was highly independent.

“Besides, she wishes to drive me away to protect not just herself but me as well. She obviously doesn’t want her powers to kill me.” you continue, causing Tamamo to blink before sighing exasperatedly knowing full well that she’d do anything to protect her loved one, and thus could not fault the girl.

You quickly get up and walk out of the souvenir shop after Anna, after all you're not going to give up on her, she deserves to be happy and you’ll give her that happiness after all.

Yet as you exit the store you see a giant Oni standing before you. Anna was giving off a feeling of fear, not for herself but for you.

What do you do?

[ ] Pulp the demon like the last one
    [ ] Subjugate it
    [ ] Do nothing

Xx.xX

AN: Whelp I think I downed a couple chapters of Osorezan Revoir here.

Tell me of any errors, ways to smoothen things.

Also make sure you have fun and vote.

9. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Pulp the demon like the last one

Could we farm these demons for xp or loot?

10. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

In the manga this oni is bigger than the one we killed before, but it seems still dumb, so it's better if we go after some loot.

11. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, since you asked....
    This doesn't seem like something an 10 year old would say about another 10 year old. I would recommend you drop the young women bit, at least.
    Why would we know this or even think it? It wasn't like we have seen a bunch of other Oni popping up around Anna, it was just one, and we had no reason to think it was her. Unless we knew from reading her/Matamume's mind, in which case, we wouldn't have to ask.
    This doesn't seem to be phrased well. I would suggest "What redeeming qualities does she have? She was quite rude and even hit you."
    This just doesn't seem like we would describe her in this way. We have been very sheltered, do we even have any experience with firecrackers?(Although, we have probably seen lots of regular fireworks) Regardless, I could be wrong, but I don't think the Japanese describe others as firecrackers, and it doesn't seem like something an 10 year old would say. I would suggest something like "She is very fiery, and energetic."
    This doesn't seem right. Doesn't she drive everyone away to protect them, not just us? Or do we just have a really big ego.
    Why? We just met, and haven't done anything besides destroying a very weak Oni. Hell, she probably could have taken care of it herself. I could see a friendship forming by now, but not to this extent, especially since we have only known each other a day.

12. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

13. burningclaw2

Read the manga -.-

As for the young woman thing its teasing.

14. theunderbolt

theunderbolt Zoom, Zoom, Iyaaan~

It's been a while but don't these Oni consider Anna to be their mom iirc?

15. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

On the last part: Anna has lot of furyoku, but only in the future she is able to fight, as right now she can only count on the help of others, that's why she avoid people in first place to avoid creating oni.
    For the rest, yes, Anna only grows to love Yoh at the end of the Arc.

16. Dark Ness

Yeah, that is what I thought. Didn't Yoh save her from a super Oni and risk his life while doing so?

17. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

It was mostly because of that, but Anna already loves him the night of this post because he promises her he will always accept her and to even become Shaman King to save her: however she only realizes so when he is fightning for her later, always in the same night.
    Osorezan Revoir last only two days, so the two form a bond pretty quickly. I think it shouldn't take more than 4-5 turns for it to finish. (The arc)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    AZATHOTHoth likes this.
  18. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

19. Dark Ness

True, but that hasn't happened yet

20. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

I read again the arc just to be sure, and edited the post above, so the things are a little bit different.

21. Irked

Irked Experienced.

[X] Subjugate it
    -[X] Then let Anna punish it

Honestly just crushing them won't make her feel better, we need to let her work out her own frustrations as well as showing we can help her, this accomplishes that nicely.

22. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Anna don't want to deal with them in first place: while they are born from her, Anna doesn't have the ability (at the moment) to face them, so she wouldn't take any pleasure from it or have any emotion about it for the matter.

23. Irked

Irked Experienced.

at the very least she can shout at it, hit it, cry etc to let her work out her frustrations with no chance of it fighting back.
    Not to mention showing we can help control her power rather than just destroying them will help too, we can even offer to teach her how to do it.

24. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

She can't control her power: we have notions about Obmyoudou, she doesn't, and it would take took too much time to help her line this. Her ability to spawn Oni is something we don't have, and Reishi can't be controlled (we can't spawn Oni only because we haven't had many people around us in our life)
    The only way to help her is by letting her know that he will always love her no matter what, and so she'll be at peace with herself. Anna doesn't have any frustations against Oni: to a certain degree she fears what they can to others; because of this she avoid people so that she doesn't unconsciuosly create other Onis.

25. Irked

Irked Experienced.

But we can show her that it's possible to control the Oni, and then offer to teach her how to do it, we might not even need to teach her the intervening Onmyoudou techniques just the one that effects Oni.
    And honestly i don't think we have got to the Love stage yet, as it is Yoh is definitely Interested but just Brute forcing away all the Oni and declaring we love her doesn't seem like something this Yoh would do...
    Not the love part but we seem to rely more on being Smart about things rather than just Brute force, just seems like we should do more to help her than to simply Hit the bad guys till they go away.

26. Kerfirou

We are powerful enough to pulp this one, right?

27. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

She eventually learns to do with her spirit beans, so it isn't necessary to teach her anything, especially since this arc last only today (in the quest).
    I'm not talking about now, If you haven't read the manga you can't understand what I'm saying: Yoh is still a gentle person, and because of that Anna will fall in love with him anyways, in the same way as canon probably.

28. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Pulp the demon like the last one.

Smash it for now. It worked out last time, should work out now.

29. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I think showing Anna we can easily beat the Onis she creates will help, since then she won't feel the need to worry about Yoh so much. While subjugating it could do the same thing, I think just pulping it gets the point across more effectively.

30. Kerfirou

I've just noticed this. Does Tamao has developed the crush on Yoh yet?