1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jojo's Terrible Adventure

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Scottsman, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue 1
    Scottsman

Scottsman Know what you're doing yet?

Your name is Joshua Kujo, and your power sucks.

Perhaps some explanations are in order.

You hail from 3 generations of Stand users, people with mysterious powers that let them perform amazing feats. Your great great grandfather, Joseph Joestar, had the power of clairvoyance, crafting pictures from broken objects. Your grandfather, Jotaro Kujo, had the power to stop time itself for a few seconds. Your mother, Jolyne Kujo, could unravel her body into string, or bunch it together for incredible strength. A week or so ago, you powers awoken. Your mother called in some favors and got you tested by the Speedwagon Foundation, who are apparently experts in this flavor of strangeness. They owe your family big time for... something, you're pretty sure.

Your power? Well, your Stand is much less impressive. You...
    [ ] Can fold paper remotely. Origami has become trivial for you, but it doesn't seem all that useful practically speaking.​
    [ ] Can create sand. This would be neat if you could make more than a handful every 1 or 2 seconds. Which you can't. So that sucks.​
    [ ] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.​

Oh, but it gets better. Apparently, now that your power has awakened, you're going to attract people with similar abilities. An according to the stories your mother and grandfather used to tell, odds are these people are not going to be nice. Or particularly stable. Stands are easier to when you have more "fighting spirit", which violent psychotics tend to have in ample supply. You can only pray their powers are as shit as yours...

As you enter school today, something already feels off. Supposedly your family has always had a sense if something bad was going to happen, but it's never been too consistent or specific, and you've discovered it does not, in fact, help you tell if the milk has gone bad. Still, you've always had just that subtle hint that somebody is about to have an awful day. Maybe you'll get lucky. It's not exclusive to you, so it could happen to anyone in the area, probably a complete stranger.

But then, you doubt you can rely on your luck that much.

[ ] Go about your day as normal. If you keep jumping at shadows, that may be what leads to something bad happening. For all you know, your intuition is warning you the lunch lady is gonna spill soup all over herself.​
    [ ] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.​
    [ ] Fuck this shit, new plan: avoid school for today. You figure whatever bad is going to go down, it will be here, so might as well get as far as you can.​

2. Scottsman

Reserved for Index

3. Scottsman

Reserved for Game Info

4. Scottsman

Reserved for Characters

5. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Poisonous wood?

[X] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.

6. Scottsman

I feel obligated to mention the wood power is limited mainly to actual woods. So if there's poisonous wood out there, knock yourself out, but it'll be news to me.

7. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

So it's like changing oak into into mahogany, huh? Well, out of all the powers available this one sucks the most... Or is hardest to apply, perhaps. Hm.

What's the physical form of our stand, by the way?

8. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

[X] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.
    [X] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.

"...Mahogany."

This should come in handy:

Poisonous Wood

9. cross_grave

Holy shit, there are actually wood types that can kill. And at least one of them is from Australia. Not fucking suprising.

[X] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.

And hey, if it doesn't work out, we might still make money off of this power if we go into carpentry.

10. Scottsman

Right, knew I forgot something. Unfortunately, any answer will have to wait until morning. I've been very sick today, and I'm not really in the best place for determining that kind of thing. Odds are it will be either an ability or short range stand, but like I said, I'll be more confident in answering tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh, and I promise you guys I have thought of useful applications for all three options, including how it can be used in combat, so none are going to actually be useless. Of course, hints will probably only be a thing if you guys look like you're really struggling. Still, there's the Jojo standby of studying the solutions your enemies found.

11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Scottsman, can we change any kind of wood into Morning Wood, and/or vice versa?

12. Mystletainn

Mystletainn Solitary Wanderer

Hmm, turns out there're only few kinds of wood that's inherently poisonous, but still, can be quite useful.
    http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/

o_O
    Pfft...

13. Scottsman

Regardless of whether you can or not, I just had to horrifying mental image of turning furniture into Morning Wood. The horror... the meaty, throbbing horror...

14. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Can create sand. This would be neat if you could make more than a handful every 1 or 2 seconds. Which you can't. So that sucks.
    [X] Go about your day as normal. If you keep jumping at shadows, that may be what leads to something bad happening. For all you know, your intuition is warning you the lunch lady is gonna spill soup all over herself.

I'm kinda partial to sand... especially sand which has been shaped to that every facet of it is a horrible hooked SHARP spike...

Get it in your eyes... get it in your lungs...

Yes... good ole weaksauce handfulls of Sand...

Or a handfull of sand smoothed to almost perfect polish, toss it under foot and watch the sliding commense... or...

What I'm saying is... I love Sand.

15. cskey0

cskey0 Getting sticky.

I love Jojo's I can't wait to see where this will go.

16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

[X] Can fold paper remotely. Origami has become trivial for you, but it doesn't seem all that useful practically speaking.

17. Scottsman

Alright, here's a quick tally, I'll close voting in a few hours.
    [1] Can fold paper remotely. Origami has become trivial for you, but it doesn't seem all that useful practically speaking.
    [1] Can create sand. This would be neat if you could make more than a handful every 1 or 2 seconds. Which you can't. So that sucks.
    [5] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.

[1] Go about your day as normal. If you keep jumping at shadows, that may be what leads to something bad happening. For all you know, your intuition is warning you the lunch lady is gonna spill soup all over herself.
    [5] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.
    [0] Fuck this shit, new plan: avoid school for today. You figure whatever bad is going to go down, it will be here, so might as well get as far as you can.

On the issue of your stand's physical form, I've decided it will probably be a physically weak close range stand, though with a better range than most. It will probably only have strength comparable to that of, say, an athletic human male, but it's better than nothing.

18. Threadmarks: Prologue 2
    Scottsman

It's not the best, but things could have been worse you suppose. Plus with enough effort, you can get it to manifest a physical form. It looks roughly like a human carved out of wood, with darker wood forming small pieces of armor in a few spots. It's head is kinda strange, looking something like a tree stump, with a single knot for an eye. You decided Woodkid would work as a name since... well, kinda obvious. You haven't had much time to experiment with it, so you can't be sure of your limits quite yet.

You decide to err on the side of caution. You could write it off as nerves, but seriously? You stepped into a potential battlefield the day your stand awoke, you can't afford to call it nerves. Woodkid isn't terribly strong, unfortunately, but if things go wrong, you can always rely on
    [ ] Good old strength. You may not be winning medals any time soon, but you're no pushover. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving physical skills, and allows greater feats of strength.)​
    [ ] Your wits. You've always had a knack for spotting things and making use of information, you can probably find a way out. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving mental skills, and heightens observation, ocasionally revealing things others might miss.)​
    [ ] Your charms. You have a history of talking your way out of unpleasant situations. (Gives a bonus to checks involving social skills, and may allow you to avoid some unnecessary conflicts)​

All in all, the day goes quite normally for the most part, though you get the occasional weird look when you act a little too jumpy. However, things take a turn during lunch. After you finished eating, you decide to go hang out in the halls for a little quiet. As you wait, though, you here what sounds like a dog snarling and barking. Before you have time to question in, another student comes barreling around the corner. "Holy shit dude! A rabid dog got inside! Run!" As he passes by you, he tugs on your wrist, jerking you in his direction as he makes a bee line for the nearby janitor closet.

[ ] Fuck, you don't want to fight a rabid dog! Follow him into the supply closet and hope it doesn't find you.​
    [ ] Time to man up and fight a dog! You'll stay behind while the other student runs off and get ready to take this thing on.​
    [ ] Write in​

(Hope you guys don't mind me having the character creation stuff be tied into the prologue, keeps things from getting boring hopefully.)

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Your wits. You've always had a knack for spotting things and making use of information, you can probably find a way out. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving mental skills, and heightensobservation, ocasionally revealing things others might miss.)
    [X] Fuck, you don't want to fight a rabid dog! Follow him into the supply closet and hope it doesn't find you.

20. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

[X] Your wits. You've always had a knack for spotting things and making use of information, you can probably find a way out. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving mental skills, and heightensobservation, ocasionally revealing things others might miss.)
    [X] Fuck, you don't want to fight a rabid dog! Follow him into the supply closet and hope it doesn't find you.

21. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

...Trap?

22. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

23. cross_grave

24. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

25. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

[X] Good old strength. You may not be winning medals any time soon, but you're no pushover. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving physical skills, and allows greater feats of strength.)

Good Jojos are smart. Great Jojos are HUGE.

26. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

Quick! Change the door and surrounding frame to something more solid!

27. Scottsman

Gonna be streaming some art of Woodkid. If you're interested, check it out over on my Picarto channel.

EDIT: Stream's over, hope those who showed up enjoyed. I'll post the picture once I finish up colors and details.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  28. Scottsman

Sorry for the long delay, I'll try to post the next update reasonably early tomorrow.

29. Threadmarks: Prologue 3
    Scottsman

(These two won by a landslide, so I'm not gonna bother giving the exact number.)

You quickly follow the student into the janitors closet. He reaches the door before you do, pulling it open so you don't have to slow down as you get in. Instead of heading in after you, though, he slams the door shut. "Too easy." Aw shit, it's a trap!

"Sorry to do this to ya, but here's how it's gonna work. Michael out here is very well trained. I can make him do whatever I want, including shred people who don't listen. Michael, speak!" From the other side of the door, you hear a threatening bark. (Wits roll:71) Something seems strange about it, though. It doesn't quite sound the same as when it was snarling earlier... "Good boy! So, here's how it's going to work. I'll open the door slightly, and you pass your wallet through. I leave with my dog, and we both go on our merry way, nobody has to get hurt.Or, I suppose you could refuse, in which case you get to say hi to his teeth. So think carefully."

Taking stock of your surroundings, you see shelves lined with cleaning supplies. Bottles of different cleaning solutions, cloths, a lot of basic things. Something that catches your eye, though, is the mop with a wooden handle. It's not much, but maybe Woodkid can do something with it. The door itself, as well as the frame surrounding it, are also made out of wood. Oddly enough, there's also a small jar of sawdust, probably to help sop up certain spills, so that could help...

[ ] Open the door with brute force. Maybe you can overwhelm this guy somehow!​
    [ ] Do as he says and give him your wallet.​
    [ ] Hole up and wait it out, maybe he won't risk coming in after you.​
    [ ] Use Woodkid. What's the point of having a Stand if you don't use it? (Write in your use)​
    [ ] Write in​

(New uses for your Stand will always be write ins, but after that they can appear on polls.)

Jahquez, sassafras, R.A.G. and 2 others like this.
  30. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Is the door wood?