1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Look even someone who doesn't even know who superman is would get "Found something in a vault" and "Feel better that ever" and "person is holding something she didn't have before".

Right AFTER A ZOMBIE SUPERGIRL ATTACK!

Early fanfic Paul would call current fanfic Paul a complete moron for missing that.

3. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Feels like you are playing to the 'I hate Truggs' crowd here.
    What 'stunt' did he pull here?
    Because from what I was reading, OL called Truggs up on the emergency contact number he was given, committed an act of perfidy by using that to hunt him down, immediately stripped him and took him captive. Then we had a sudden demon interrupt caused by New Kara (who totally isn't a trojan horse) playing around with stuff, then OL uber crippling Truggs to make sure he can't get away.

Where all Truggs has done (or even had the opportunity to do) it talk. And everything else is team OL busting in like the Spanish Inquisition.

Why the hell is OL so pissed and pissy here?

Who's to say it didn't already happen, and the reason she can hold it without splitting is because she already split?
    Does a Evil twin holding it split again into Evil-light (Token Evil Teammate) and Evil-Dark (edgy edgelord) halves?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  4. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Black Orchid and Queen Hyathis would be giving you dirty looks here. Being plant people.

Silver Kryptonite is basically weed for Kryptonians, so no great harm other than sudden cravings for TacoWhiz runs.

And Periwinkle will only apparently make one die of embarrassment from the spontaneous dancing.

Wetbananas, Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The stunt in question here is the attack by the demon possessed Supergirl.

The fact that she was in his facility and he seemed to know what to do in order to avoid being attacked by her suggests that he knew she was there and may have had some control over her.

Paul is not going to take a chance with Truggs and will have him scanned to make sure he knows everything.

He's kinda tired of Truggs getting away and causing shit.

This is also not mentioning the fact that Truggs has done a lot of horrible and illegal things before this and is still doing them, like killing innocent people, trying to kill Paul and his teammates more than twice, helping a group that wants to basically enslave the planet under some delusion of improving it.

So the questions isn't why Paul is so pissed, it's why shouldn't he be pissed?

And the whole 'Paul breaking some code by attacking Truggs when they were talking' kinda doesn't make sense.

That would be like saying the cops tracking a phone call with a criminal to determine their location and then arresting them isn't fair.

This isn't a game of cops and robbers.

6. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Prince Charon and Xmaster3000 like this.
  7. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Don't forget pink!

Bud-E, Gilhelmi, mastermenthe and 5 others like this.
  8. Ostentatiousnessness

Ostentatiousnessness First of his name, last of his kind

I’m new to town. What this do?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  9. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

In WtR Universe, we have yet to see it's observed effects on a Kryptonian, but we do know it, like most forms of Kryptonite, emits radiation.

In the greater DC Multiverse, generally it does bad things, such as driving someone insane, making them split into 'good and evil' halves, or things along those lines.

10. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

To be fair, he said it to New Kara, and we don't know whether it was before or after Native Kara found the Black Kryptonite.

Anyone else unable to see the image on some browsers (for me, it only seems to work in Microsoft Edge, which I'm not fond of using)?

11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I can't see it either.

Xmaster3000 and Caerwen like this.
  12. Threadmarks: Future Tense (part 15)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

13th September 2012
    09:39 GMT -5

I study the sarcophagus for a few moments. As far as I can tell it's not actually all that interesting. It's a tool for confining people tainted with demon magic. Optimistically, I would guess that it might originally have been intended for holding them until an exorcist could be called in. But if whoever they were holding was that dangerous, how would they get them in there in the first place? The next possibility would be sample collection, and… I'm not sure when this would be a superior option to binding chains of some sort. They would even use the same sort of runes.

"Was there a lot of kryptonite?"

"Not much. Just a few small stones."

"And you're sure that you're alright?"

Kara smiles.

"Better than ever. Dana's cataloguing it now."

"She probably doesn't need to bother. I'm just going to destroy it all anyway."

"Oh? You aren't interested in what it does?"

"I know what it does. I took samples from your asteroid. But aside from gold or green they don’t have any useful applications, and they only do anything to kryptonians anyway. Noriel, your opinion?"

"Kryptonite does nothing to members of the Host. However, since this human body is vulnerable to cancer I would prefer to avoid it."

"I meant about the sarcophagus. Though I thought that you were resistant to things like that?"

"'Resistant' is not 'immune'." Her flame aura flares. "The sarcophagus was made with demon magic. I will be glad to destroy it."

"Why would they make something to contain one of their own?"

"I see little gain in speculating. The hellspawn fight amongst themselves. One might wish to imprison a rival, or contain a feral demon to use as a weapon. Have you not heard of such things?"

"The demon Rosacarnis dealt with her invulnerable uncle by tricking him into drinking poison, then keeping his body submerged in more of the same poison. Sticking someone in something with a door and no other defences seems like asking for trouble."

Old Kara smiles. "Sounds like my kind of woman. Have you met her?"

"Yes, but only briefly. We didn't talk much."

Noriel's eyes narrow as she turns to glare at Old Kara. "Do not be too quick to praise the fiends of Hell."

"It was pretty clever. She wasn't very old when she came up with it." Hm. "Actually, I know that I said I wanted to destroy this, but the longer I look at it the more I consider possible trading-."

Golden fire blasts out of Noriel's eyes, washing over the sarcophagus. Some of the runes briefly light up but the unholy magic cannot stand before the wrath of Heaven's local contractor. The maybe-ceramic material gets hotter and hotter as the metal melts until-

BANG!

-it explodes! Red hot ceramic sprays across the warehouse, shattering against Kara's skin and stopping and dropping as it hits my kinetic shield.

Kara's eyes glow red. "Be careful!"

"I destroyed the magic; all that hit you was mundane matter."

"It would have taken me all of half a second to put up a shield. A little consideration wouldn't hurt."

"It was demon magic."

"And it being demon magic for an extra half-second would have hurt how?"

"If a piece of high purity uranium were in a reservoir, would you hesitate to remove it for fear that someone might be splashed?"

"I'd probably be making an umbrella construct at the same time as I made a fishing rod construct, Linda."

Noriel starts, then takes a deep breath. She looks away, nodding.

"That.. is not unreasonable."

"And..?"

Noriel faces Kara. "I apologise."

Kara's eyes dim slightly. "Don't do it again."

"Noriel, perhaps you could check this place for other demonic artefacts. And -please?- document before destroying. We will need to present what we find in court in order to convict Truggs."

She nods, then turns and flies away down the corridor.

"So; what now?"

"Now the clumsy bitch has gone? Why don't we talk about Jade?"

"I'd rather talk about that black kryptonite you're holding."

"This?" She lifts it up slightly, smiling at she stares into its depths. "What about it?"

"I'm not really clear what it does."

"I thought you tested them all."

"I tested them on cell cultures. Some things are only apparent on the macro scale. They're not healthy for kryptonians, but I've only got an approximate idea what this one does."

"Oh, and what does it do?"

"The description I heard is that it makes you evil. But I don't believe in evil."

"So you don't think it does anything?"

"It's clearly affecting your mind; you wouldn't normally get so angry about Noriel's poor judgement."

"You said I was right."

"You were, but as I said, you usually would have brushed it off. Would you say that you're feeling shorter tempered?"

"Would that make me evil?"

"No, but it might be associated. You know, poor impulse control. And what looks like increased self-confidence could just be the kryptonite making you blind to certain social conventions, like… 'Don't heat vision off this woman's face because she blew dust at me'."

She smiles pleasantly. "Are you worried about me?"

"I'm torn between worried and fascinated."

"But you want me to get rid of it."

"I think it's probably for the best."

"Alright. On one condition."

"I'm.. a little surprised that you're willing to agree. What is it that you want?"

"I want you to fuck me."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  13. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

Explain your reasoning, but know the answer is likely no.

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

At least I now understand why you liked my comment about wanting Evil!Kara to kiss Paul. Is this some sort of secret desire that she knows is wrong and no longer caring about how wrong it is due to the black kryptonite?

I can't wait for the conversation Kara and Paul will have about this after this mess is cleared up.

Also, can someone make a list of all the females who've expressed an interest in Paul in the order that they did? And maybe add why as well if possible?

15. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I felt a great disturbance in the fic, as if a million voices cried out for an Eros Interrupt ... and were suddenly silenced.

16. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

Getting some of those Sally Sonic vibes

17. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

It's going to be fascinating to find out what black kryptonite does if it's not just making her "evil."

18. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

19. anirocks

anirocks always lurking

Well well well looks like Paul harem protag skill is activated and enahnced by the kryptonite. Who knew:)

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Magic spell maybe.

This is not good.

It could take years of exposure before you develop cancer.

To imprison one of their own most likely.

Unless it was the only way to contain a specific thing or individual.

Ohh, this is not good.

Does Noriel have access to theurgy even if she is human?

I thought her magic fire was mortal magic.

'that the clumsy'

And looks like that French kissing comment may have been right.

But evil still exists.

Just take the kryptonite you idiot.

Paul, stop being stupid for a few moments and take it away before you do something that will make Superman want to punch you.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  21. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

No, it's the return of the poisoned lipstick and a setup to an evil plot.

22. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Just when you thought you were done with the ogre tentacle constructs...

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can give you a list and maybe some reasons, but not the exact order.

There was Artemis and Zatanna, who found him hot at the start and later because he was helping Zatanna with Nabu, there was Holly, Harleen, who did not have the best history with men, Eutanthe, who seemed lost, an Amazon, who wanted to bang what she viewed as a demigod, the Spider Queen, Komand'r, who viewed him as a potential mate for political reasons.

These are the ones I can think of now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  24. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, it definitely removes impulse control and magnifies emotions.

Which, if you think about it, is not such a bad definition for "evil"

25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Thanks. I don't remember this one though. Also, there was that one alien from Malvolio's sector who fatasized about aliens doing things to her. Possibly Dana, since Zatanna pointing that out led to Paul no longer inhibiting his testosterone.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here.

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And that's why Paragon was acting like an idiot in concerns to black kryptonite.

He doesn't believe in it.

28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

So far the impression I'm getting of black Kryptonite is definitely giving me the Sally Sonic/'evil' serum vibes of Tangseid, yeah.

Yeah, that's what I seem to remember too. But maybe hanging out with Zauriel helped her connect with the Source?

29. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

So not so much evil but like that power pill thing from one of alternate Paul interludes, lots of boosts of self-confidence while dimming empathy.

That Paul really want to bone too.

30. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

There was also that alien lady who Paul was interviewing while he was also shapeshifted into the same species as her (horned different colored humanoid).