1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

Who knows how long she was conversing with Gaea considering magic and gods can use the dream ... twenty minutes outside two days/months/years/centuries inside.

2. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Say what now? I still think a Cultural Revolution is the best bet but the non true Nazis are the ones most likely of change.
    I thought he said she had to go to the temples of the goddesses she got her gifts from and pray forgiveness and make an offering?
    Currently fighting on your Earth.
    Given how many 'verses there are with the same numberings? I would say something like "Going to college most students usually gets 1 Major and maybe a Minor or 2 Majors if they are feeling like over achievers. But in the Arrowverse of the DC's section of the multiverse? Earth - 2 has a lot of stupidly smart genuises as the norm. Like it's common to get 4 or 5 Majors!"
    All because of that one off hand comment his daughter makes that 1 episode of The Flash.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Huh. My pet theory was always that Vaermina is a Zoat Alt he uses to channel his writer anxiety and self-doubt.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

As with many brilliant theories, it's far more interesting than what's actually happening.

5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No, the Amazons lived on Venus, and used the Purple Healing Ray to basically live in Valhalla-Amazons injured or killed in their battles were just healed back to normal to start all over again.

Wonder Woman was a marble statue animated by the Goddess of Truth, which implies that Diana once again ascended to Olympian status, since she became the Goddess of Truth when Neron killed her.

6. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

That basically what he was implying, since he was one of the strongest version of himself during the Paul electric boogaloo and he doubt he would be able to take on a demon Superman, he deducted that a potential version of himself from this universe probably died trying or wasn’t there in the first place.

7. Radix

Radix I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think there is one but of confirmation bias there. Paragon was one of the steomgest there, but that could be because the stronger ones didnt get captured. OL got caught in a moment of weakness, and wasnt even actually caught.

We saw Renegade fight off the Hand perfectly well.

Although realistically the Paul of this reality likely wouldnt be able to get to that point in time to stop the demons.

8. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Haven't we all?

9. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Thought she was a daughter of Zeus/Hippolyta.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It depends on which version you're talking about.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Huh, maybe that's where the Dresden Codak guy got his take. Did a whole 'reboot' of the Justice League, their villains, and the Bat-Family; WW was a marble statue animated by divine relics and a prayer for a defender. (The rest were pretty interesting as well, except the Cyborg was a little self-indulgent. Flash from India with some of Kid Flash's problems, Manhunter who is a biological nanobot swarm, Supes who's not natively humanoid and prefers working-class unionism to 'the American way', Power Girl who's a Cadmus labs plant.)

12. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Unless Zoat says otherwise, I'm going to guess either Blue Paul or Anti-Green Paul, but I could see it being one of the less successful Orange Lanterns (e.g. Paul Freeman), instead.

13. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

This is indeed correct its very likely the Paul's that got caught were either in a moment of weakness or just not that strong to begin with.

The strongest Orange was our Paul and he was attacked when he was wearing a pink ring, the strongest yellow had no lantern to recharge so probably got caught because of that, we know Grayven (having both orange and yellow) fought the attack off.

Common Sense was in the lower end of the power scale for orange.

I believe Anti green, Raúl and Buffy Paul weren't caught so I don't know if they count.

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Anti-Green was caught alongside his version of Cheshire when he was trying to stop her from assassinating Queen Audrey.

15. Chaoswind

Huh

Wait a sec, Time Trapper got our Paul, Raúl and one more to aid him didn't he? It wasn't anti green?

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

Compassion?

Chaoswind likes this.
  17. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Zombie Paul and Indigo Paul.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Chaoswind like this.
  18. Chaoswind

Ah yeah, it was indigo.

He was kinda forgettable and his plot relevance and impact was kinda low, Raúl at least got to go all out.

19. Threadmarks: Krummkreuz (part 14)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

16th September 2012
    18:14 GMT -4

"There was no sign that I could see. One day the greatest, most noble man I knew simply… Took leave of his reason."

Diana hesitates for a moment, then presses on. Egeria appears to have cleared her schedule, because this meeting of the government of Themyscira assembled very quickly once I made it known that Diana wanted to meet them. In addition to the Archon herself there's the local Wonder Woman, Philippus, leading priestesses, senators and even Magala lurking in the background.

"He tore apart his home city, killing many of those who were his friends. Then he rose into the sky and laid waste to the entire world. Themyscira was… Burned. There were no survivors."

"No idea why, at all?"

"From the overwhelming power of the demonic magic that now blankets the world, I think that he was somehow possessed." She shakes her head. "The few magic users who weren't driven mad by the sudden change in Earth's magic systems… He killed them during our counterattack."

"I'm sorry to press you like this, but if there was any indication of which demon, or who might have conjured it, or anything that would help banish it…"

She gives her head a small shake.

"Zatanna tried to discover its name. She could not find a match in any of her tomes. Jason Blood conjured demons to interrogate, and none of them knew either. Perhaps… Perhaps it was not a demon, but some combination of telepathic control and mutagen?"

"How did you end up with the crown?"

"I don't clearly remember. I remember being defeated by Superman, and then everything is a blur of fury and madness."

"Can you stomach working with the local Nazis in order to defeat him?"

"I will have to. A reckoning for them will come eventually."

"Could we not have a reckoning and instead use the fact that they're having peaceful contact with other cultures who don't share their viewpoint to encourage a gradual social reform process?" She looks mildly puzzled. "We're going to be working with their version of Superman, and while he's fully aware of how bad Nazi society is he isn't quite ready to sign off on burning the whole system down."

Philippus frowns. "One man devastated a world? I'm sorry, Princess,-"

That title gets her a few looks.

"-but I don’t see how that's possible."

"Superman's strength puts Herakles to shame. His endurance would put Atlas to shame, and his swiftness…"

Diana pushes her chair back, stands, and then floats into the air. About half the audience check her feet, presumably looking for the Demon Earth version of the Sandals. And then she's gone, reappearing on the other side of the room to the stares of the crowd.

"The Five blessed me with abilities far greater than those of mortal women. I can move with supernatural speed when I must. Superman usually holds himself back to avoid causing unnecessary harm." She lands and walks slowly back, making eye contact with each member of the audience as she does. "He did not hold back during our fight."

I nod, generating a small stone tower construct. "Unlike Herakles, Superman has natural flight. If Herakles wants to destroy a building and he punches it-"

I make a construct Herakles and have him punch the tower.

"-he goes flying because he can't grip the ground well enough to keep his feet."

The tower cracks slightly and Herakles goes flying backwards. Artemis and Philippus nod, both being familiar with the Gauntlets. Most of the others look to them for confirmation.

"Superman can fly faster than sound. If he wants to destroy a building-"

An orange blur strikes the tower, which collapses to rubble.

"-that happens. Now imagine that rather than a building, he flew into the ground hard enough to make the ground shake."

I pull the image out and show a city of towers falling.

"Or punches straight through it to the magma beneath."

I pull the image out further and show the likely outcome of Kal-El punching through the planet's crust. Dust and rock fly into the atmosphere, magma vomits free and the land is levelled for miles around.

"And then you've got the knock-on effect on the atmosphere. Civilisation is only ever two meals from collapse, and enough dust in the upper atmosphere and you can go years without sun."

"He was more inclined to use heat vision or throw things." Diana retakes her seat. "But the point is well-made."

Egeria nods. "That is frightful power to be in any man's hands. What aid do you want?"

"There would be little point in bringing an army. But if-" Diana makes eye contact with Wonder Woman 10, who nods. "-your Wonder Woman will accompany me, it will greatly improve our ability to fight through the corrupted warriors who will oppose our attacks."

"And Superman himself?"

"Basically, prepare banishment effects before we go in, then let Superman Sixteen and Overman pin him in place while we use them. I've also got weapons that he's weak against, but I'm a little reluctant to just kill someone that full of demon magic in case the result is worse than leaving him there. We haven't planned in any detail yet because we still don't know what resources we're going to have available."

Hm.

"Speaking of that, can I borrow your smiths for a few hours? I've learned a lot about armour transmutation, but I can't do that part of the forging process myself. I-" I look at Diana. "-doubt that you really want to go into a fight wearing demonic armour."

"Have you made armor for the version of me from your world?"

"It was a team effort with Io, Ted Kord and an Atlantean thaumaturgist named Sephtian. The armour will still be good without Sephtian, it just won't have some extra magic effects." I shrug. "I can also make you a sword, but… It depends on what sort of proportion of the possessed people you think can be saved."

She nods solemnly. "It is a hard decision, but I believe that saving what is left of my world must come before saving my friends and comrades."

I nod. "Rightoh. Sword and shield then?" She nods, and I turn to the other Artemis. "And for you?"

"I am content with the weapons which I already have."

Egeria nods. "Io will be able to work with you on creating your armour. Is that all?"

"It would be really helpful if Magala could help with opening the portal. We've got one guy recovering in hospital who knows how they work, and the Reich doesn't encourage magic study."

Egeria looks back and Magala, who nods reluctantly. Diana smiles at her.

"Then we are ready to begin."

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  20. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

' our '

21. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

So Paul is going to get hot and sweaty with Io again, inciting her passions, and leaving her wanting more.

I wonder if Diana's going to walk in on the two again.

22. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

I'm kinda hoping that Hell Earth Wonder Woman ends up staying with the Amazons of Nazi Earth.

23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

image -> imagine

24. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Personally I'm hoping Demon Superman is defeated or exorcised or both, destroyed as a threat. Then OL moves the Earth 10 Africans and the E-10 Dr. Mist to the former Demon Earth to start trying to rebuild their lives, and also any Nazi Earth dissident or minority who honestly wants out. Also contact Paul Freeman on Nazi Earth, get him moved and set up with his ring and a working power lantern and have him be the OL for these survivors and new colonists to rebuild this Earth. Also have the Earth-10 Amazons move over too.

Basically leave the Nazis with themselves and any other like minded scumbags. Without new enemies and subhumans to fight, eventually the Reich will eat itself.

25. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

I mean if I were Demon Superman, John Constantine would in my top 5 "Must kill" list.

26. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Ah, but if you were Demon Superman, then Regular Demon John Constantine and Demon Regular John Constantine would be your friends. Sorta kinda. As far as that goes with demons.

27. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Basically, anyone with legislative power amongst the Amazons, eh? No doubt expecting to have to debate whether the Amazons will have to march to war or not. And more importantly, against who.

Of course, we readers know why: A Kryptonian demon named Rakkar. But without some way of them knowing about that, it must have seemed like he just snapped...

Of course, there's no reason to assume anything outside of Earth's Hell had anything to do with it, after all...

Which are also concerns for someone as powerful as Superman. Remember Maxwell Lord? Or Poison Ivy's brief period in control of him during the 'Hush' storyline? Which is why he has arrangements with Batman to take him down if need be...

Best to leave it that way too. I don't think you want to remember those times clearly...

...With who? The hundred-year-old men who led during the war? Most of those alive today were children at the time, or not even born...

...And 'Sins of the Father' is not a thing even for Amazon justice, as far as I know...

Heh, this is one occasion where she could use it sarcastically and not feel bad about it...

Best to group him into 'God-like power' and leave it there. Without them seeing it first-hand...

It's a scary thing, when he, as the DCAU version puts it, is able to cut loose in a world of cardboard.

Unless he's harder than the stone is, it would hurt like hell...

The joy of physics. And the reason most super-strong guys tend to be really big and heavy or have some kind of flight power...

The joy of being tougher than most things on Earth. Who needs energy blasts when you can be the missile?

Best illustrated in this clip from 'GI Joe: Retaliation'... If a little exaggerated. Physics doesn't play quite as nice in that respect as people think it does (The general consensus I could find about that situation was: big, narrow hole, some mild tremors.) But, OL is illustrating the destructive potential, not reality...

In other words, a hand-made volcano.

I suspect not even she thought about those possibilities...

Good point. Unless every one of the Amazons is equivalent to a Dannered soldier, they'll just be fodder, especially if Demon-Superman takes to the field.

And whether their magic from here will work there. While Earth's thaumosphere is reasonably consistent across dimensions (as seen by OL's habitual Rune-stone checks,) I'm sure there are dangerous subtleties that you don't want to run into mid-exorcism...

No, not that smart an idea at all. For all she knows, there were spells on it that could shut her down even if she broke loose of the helmet's control. Best to go in with fresh gear.

Perhaps some manner of mace might work better... Though that's got its own issues (super-strength-friendly metal club versus squishy human bones, anyone?) and she's probably not as well trained with blunt weaponry.

Or does she plan to go over there in a corset and pteruges? (Just.. picture that with a ludicrously long ginger topknot...) I would at least hope she intends to break out the heavy armour.

I suppose she's glad the potential political hot-potato is planning to leave quickly...

And I picture Magala thinking 'Oh, I'm too old for this shit...'

Well... I guess the 'arming up' montage will take place off-camera. Unless we get a scene of Io fangirling over the sheer purity of OL's material supply. Still, let's hope they can prepare well enough before the next portal opens. Though with any luck, it'll be opening to let through Superman-16 and the local Over-family. Because they are still over there, right under Wolf Kreiger's nose...

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, though they are still upholding the policies of their predecessors, like killing those they view as subhuman and putting others in crappy reservations.

They are an ancient warrior society, so sins of the father may very well be a thing.

29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Nah, bring former Demon Superman to Earth 10 to destroy the Nazi's, and plunder the reich to rebuild Africa.

30. Radix

Radix I trust you know where the happy button is?

Although Time Trapper did try and recruit our Paul for a reason. He is temporal counterparts with Trapper, so that could be relevent. But to fight Krona I think he would have gone for ability. Especoally since he could grab weaker key members after Krona is defeated.

So it is likely that Paragon could indeed be a Paragon of ability among the Pauls, at least in regards to ability in utilizing Orange Light. He is the only enlightened Orange we have seen. And Raul managed to get his enlightenment as well afterwards.