1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Good to know. Did she move in with Ice? Also, is her relationship with Paul still amicable?

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Probably. I haven't really thought about it.
    More or less? She's not happy about what happened to Brazil, but she knows that the SI isn't responsible for the Sheeda and it's that responsible for the Accala.

3. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

The standard Danner formula isn't a quick way to gain power- As I've pointed out before you have to pop out babies and then wait for your future supersoldiers to mature for over a decade, and that's even assuming they survive childhood diseases and all that. Paul is an exception thanks to power ring technology.

And mixing supersoldiers with rebellious teenager phase is definitely a flaw. In fact Hugo's plans depended on teenage rebellion. He told his Sons of Dawn to never ever leave the village, knowing that they'd eventually ignore him. So their almost conquering Brazil was their equivalent of taking the car out for a joyride.

Which is why I pointed out that the Nazis cracked that problem in Young All-Stars, where Nazis stole the formula from Hugo while he was in Brazil and then had an adult supersoldier in time for WW2, because their improved Danner Formula is in fact a quick way to gain power.

So all it would take for Overman to encounter another world where the Nazis won WW2 would be to find the world in which whatever stopped the Nazis from converting every single soldier in their army into a Danner Enhancile didn't happen.

Now that I'm thinking about it there's also the world in which the Olympians' patronage and Nazi WW allowed the Nazis to conquer the world. Don't ask me why the Olympians did that, that story never actually bothered to explain it, or how Diana encountered the Nazis and decided they were the coolest thing since sliced bread.

And the world where the Nazis created a power ring with a demonic ritual and 12 voluntary human sacrifices, although that world apparently didn't have any superheroes in WW2, so you know Lantern versus WW2 era fighter jets isn't a fair fight.

And the world where apparently Nazi T-Rexes rule the world, but since their master race consists of sapient dinosaurs I'm not sure how amenable to cooperation they would be. Although that one is probably too whimsical to show up any time soon in this story anyway.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  4. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Atlantis might have been magically neutered. I've said it before but apparently no one can be bothered to remember, the Nazis conquered Atlantis. They basically own it. Aquaman is a member of the New Reichsmen and fights to preserve Nazi rule.

Though if I recall he's also the only one willing to acknowledge that the victims of the regime might have legitimate grievances. Others, like Leatherwing, basically have the stance of, "Fuck you. That happened before I was born. I refuse to feel guilty."

It's kind of silly to me that magic is so thoroughly rejected, since I think they'd exploit any advantage they could and view the Atlanteans as Proto-Aryans. But I guess they'd rather be stupid and reject magic out of hand then do their famous mental gymnastics and decree Atlantean magic is proper Aryan magic.

EDIT: Actually, what about Brunhilde? She's an actual Valkyrie sent by Odin to fight for Germany. How do they explain her away with their anti-magic stance? Or magic's own role in Norse mythology?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  5. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Unnecessary space.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We know that it's been conquered, it's been mentioned in the story.

It's also been mentioned that they still have magic and are generally left alone since the Nazis consider them Aryan and it would be difficult to rule an underwater kingdom.

The reason they're not seen helping the Nazis is because they hate them and when they help they just do the bare minimum.

And according to Karl, Unserseaman may not care about the Nazis at all and is just serving them to protect his people.

When Karl and Angelika were talking about which of the Reichsmen would like to move to another universe, Karl mentioned that if he could then Underseaman would move his entire civilization to another universe.

They're Nazis, don't try to make sense of their logic.

There are exceptions to every rule.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  7. ForeverShogo

Where are you getting any of this from? Because I can't find anything on Earth 10 Atlantis ever actually being mentioned by Zoat.

8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think they're referencing some of this from the comics

9. ForeverShogo

No. We get basically nothing from the comics other than that the Germans conquered them, spared them because the SS considered them to be Proto-Aryans, and Unterseaman (Aquaman) is a member of the New Reichsmen.

I found some of what Darko was talking about by adjusting my search terms. When I just searched Atlantis it actually completely ignored the posts where Zoat has said stuff about Earth 10 Atlantis. I had to search Nazi Atlantis. (By which I mean, even a recent December post didn't show up at all unless I added Nazi.)

Main things were that actually trying to manage Atlantis from the surface was a pain in the ass so they allow Atlantis autonomy, that the Blood Purists would be ideologically aligned with the Nazis if not for the fact they look down on surfacers, and that Atlantis only cooperates with Germany as much as it has to.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Ugh. The paste function just loves to add spaces to places where there were no spaces.

With regards to Atlantis, not all versions are magic-focused. Atlantis 12 for example is pure tech.

11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

What about Aquaman's trident? It is a powerful magic weapon isn't it?

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It is, but it looks like aside from a few mystic objects and some knowledge of magic, they don't really use magic all that much.

Ngamer11 likes this.
  13. Threadmarks: Krummkreuz (part 13)
    Mr Zoat

16th September 2012
    18:03 GMT -4

"Good evening, Princess."

Diana looked at me the moment I entered the room, though I don't know if that was because she recognised me from our fight or because she wasn't expecting a man on Themyscira. I suppose there's an outside chance that she knew the 'me' from her parallel. I'm not completely sure that I could stop a demonically-empowered Superman, and I was at the upper end of the power curve during the multi-me meet-up.

"No. No, it isn't."

She's lying on a bed, head propped up slightly by the pillow. She tries to push herself upright only for her right hand to slide out from under her.

"I-."

"You have just been freed from possession. I doubt that you're going to be up to much for a while."

"Themyscira-. Themyscira was destroyed. Where am I?"

"An alternate reality. Earth Ten, if that means anything to you."

She nods. "Uncle-. Uncle Sam."

"Ah… He's around somewhere. I don't know what you're expecting, but at this point the Allies have lost pretty comprehensively. Look, is there anything we can do for you? The Diana from my home parallel usually heals pretty quickly, but I don't think she's ever been through what you did."

She flops back, barely-open eyes looking at the ceiling.

"I have a healing-."

"Earth."

Earth? Oh earth, yes, clear as mud.

"Understood."

I attach a filament to her and lift her up.

"Where are you-?"

"Earth." I look at the priestess who asked and shrug. "I assume it's a magical thing?"

"R-return."

Diana hasn't ever mentioned anything special about her and soil to me. I don't remember anything about the subject from any of her mission reports. Still, given the usual Themyscira attitude to sacred ritual magic I shouldn't be completely surprised if she considered it a sacred trust.

I head out of the room with Diana floating supine behind me, two of the priestesses following on behind. The nearest piece of greenery… A small park, meant for convalescents taking constitutionals. Small stone path, a few trees… The roots of one of the trees have drained the soil of water enough to kill the grass and expose themselves.

I tilt her slightly so that she can look where I'm pointing.

"There?"

A weak nod.

"Alright."

I float her over to the bare soil and lay her awkwardly on it. She.. squirms, clearly not entirely in control of her body but trying to get her bare skin into contact with the ground. I reposition her slightly to make it easier.

"What are-?"

The colour washes from her skin as her flesh turns-. Clay, she's turning herself back into clay!

Um. Um.

I didn't see any black. Yes, her internal connections were kind of a mess and I couldn’t read them reliably, but black is noticeable. If she intended to kill herself then I'd have seen some sign of it. So that's not what this is.

"She can turn herself back into clay?" The older priestess frowns at me. "She can do that?"

"That's what I'm hoping."

Her frown deepens. "You don't know?"

"I've known her for about half an hour longer than you. How well do you think I know her?"

"I-." Her frown fades slightly and she nods. "I suppose that you have a valid point. What can we do for her?"

"I met Gaea once, and that was for a few seconds. I don't know what this involves or what she hopes to get out of it."

"You met Gaea?"

"A demon abducted and warped a dryad. I freed her and healed her and then brought her to my Themyscira. Gaea appeared to check up on her. This is new."

I take out a rune stone and… Yes, magic is happening. Fairly intense magic, but I've never seen a woman made of clay brought to life before. It is at least reassuring that something has this in hand.

"So… You get out a lot?"

"Your meaning?"

"Do you get off the island a lot?"

"No, not at all."

"So, do you know much about the outside world?"

"Our sisters of the Bana-Mighdall brought us much knowledge when they fled from the Reich."

No idea who they are. I don't remember anything about them from either the comics or Earth 16. Is that what they call the Amazons who went back to Greece here? Have to ask my Diana about them.

"Were the Reich the ones who did this to her? Was this the result of their magic?"

"No, the Reich know nothing of magic. Their ideology forbids it. This was an action taken by one of their other enemies."

"The Reich killed Queen Hippolyta. Why would their enemies do this to one of our sisters?"

"Because the enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, and nothing more. Neither side has any interest in cooperating with you. The only difference is that-."

Diana swells slightly, then a thin outer layer of clay flakes off her fully restored skin as she pushes herself upright.

"Feeling better, sir?"

"My body is hale, but my spirit may never recover." She looks around, right hand rising up to brush clay fragments from her hair. "This is Themyscira on Earth Ten?"

"Yes."

"You are native to this world."

"No, Earth Sixteen. A group of supervillains from my Earth have been raiding your Earth for technology while all the survivors are occupied. This parallel is being attacked by-."

"I know. I was a part of it." She exhales. "Nazis."

"Nazis who can still learn to be better."

She gives me an odd look.

"Perhaps. Who rules here? I must discuss the matter with them."

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  14. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

She's surprisingly coherent... I was expecting something considerably messier.

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm guessing she's got more mystical protections than Diana 16, which helped her regain her mental clarity, plus the healing she got from becoming one with the earth.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Unless this happened well before your parallel version became more powerful, or maybe he died before the demon thing happened.

And as we saw from the Kara fight, a Kryptonian trying to kill you has a good chance of doing it.

I remember renegade mentioning to Diana from Earth 50 that if she wanted her powers back then she just needs to bury herself in a sacred grove.

They were Amazons that separated from their sisters and worked as magical mercenaries and weapons dealers.

They also worshipped the Egyptian gods.

Because a lot of their enemies were also massive assholes.

17. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

"Well we killed Wonderwoman, what next?"

"Bury her in a dtch somewhere, so they don't find the body"

"Will do, what could go wrong"

18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

You forget the part where they kept men as slaves to be used as breeders. I can't wait to see the reactions of Diana from Demon Earth and Diana 16 to learning of that little tidbit. Also, Mr Zoat, is there an official designation for Demon Earth, or should we just keep referring to it as such?

19. Mr Zoat

I'm going to be boring and go with 666.

20. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Fair warning, Vaermina will complain. Again.

21. Wetbananas

Wetbananas Making the rounds.

I think Zoat has blocked Vaermina.

22. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

This might be one of the versions that are much older. If her version of Hippolyta got in a nesting mood earlier, this Diana could be a couple thousand years old, and have the weight of millennia backing up her mental fortitude.

Or maybe she's just a tough cookie and being rejuvenated by the Earth really helped.

23. Hidden Variable

Hidden Variable Know what you're doing yet?

Most of us have. He rarely provides any actually decent feedback. He tries to backseat write Zoat. And keeps saying that Zoat keeps getting the details wrong in Zoat's own custom AU blend of YJ and old DC.

Telling a writer to write a story your way instead of their way is sort of cringe.

And the few interesting comments I have seen Vaermina make almost seemed designed to be subversive and deceptive.

24. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

The joy of being a late-playthrough character: getting the permanently-unlocked benefits of all those previous run-through. :p I wonder which alternate was the first-time playthrough? At any rate, it seems Diana's up, if not about.

And for some reason, I'm picturing her with spots of grey in her hair. To be fair, it wouldn't look out of place after all she's been through.

Not that I expect that to slow her down much, if she realises just how precarious the situation is...

Well, pretty definite confirmation of her homeland's fate on Earth-Hell... And I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Demon-Superman forced her to lead the assault, for that extra inflicted pain.

For reference, she's probably thinking of Earth-X, which the Justice league visited at least once.

I don't think the flesh needs healing as much as the spirit does, OL. Even amongst the Amazons, she's unique, after all...

Quite literally, in fact.

Much easier than trying to lift her by hand. Diana is probably not nearly as lightweight as she appears.

It's a god thing, ma'am. Don't worry about it.

Or it's simply something unique to the Diana of Earth-Hell, and others more closely based upon the core timeline. Like Earth-50's Diana, possibly.

Even that small an amount will be enough? I suppose the landscapers will thank you for not tearing up the garden...

Hopefully she doesn't need any outside assistance.

Evidently she knows what she needs to do. Hopefully it works here, where she probably has no bond to Gaea...

I suppose since Gaea brought her to life, she can call upon Gaea to aid her in healing herself...

It's news to us too... Still, evidently this is what she wanted to happen...

Different universes, different rules. There's probably at least one universe out there where she's literally animated clay. Like a golem-cum-greek statue sort of thing.

He has a point. He and Diana seem to be making this up as they go...

She was nice. Better than some of the Titans and Gods he's met.

Diana's probably having to discuss matters with Gaea for a bit. Given that she apparently never existed here, so the spellwork used on her should be very interesting to the lady.

Phrasing, OL. This kind of sounds like you're trying to woo her...

I suspect leaving the island is seen as a fate worse than death... And leading to death, since they lose their immortality, I would expect.

Bana-Mighdall, for reference. Notably, they were not immortal (they basically gave the god's offer of it a big middle finger.) They were also present at the Trojan War, on the Trojan's side. Diana's first visit may also be the source of this 'Call Gaea for help' ability she's showing...

It'd be interesting if Diana had no knowledge of them, and in the process of learning more, rediscovered their hidden city...

It's... Complicated. Very complicated.

Well, that was quick. The power of Titanic magic, I suppose.

Yeah, healing her heart and soul may take a lot longer. Especially if she remembers what she did under the Demon's control...

A good reminder that this isn't her first go-around with alternate universes...

It might take some effort, but a Superman might manage to accomplish such a feat...

Ah, the old 'push it aside, more important things to worry about' reflex. Saves time, at least.

Now, can the Spirit of Truth convince the Amazons to lend their aid to the world? I can imagine the Archon not wanting to risk her sisters for foolish men... But how many of them might follow Diana simply because of her connection to their exiled queen? And what will the Nazis think when they see warrior women riding to battle against the demon hordes. :p
    (As for the designation, Earth-666 is taken by the Lucifer TV series, apparently. But given that even the Marvel Universes have designations in the DC Notation... Anything goes in Mr Zoat's story.)

More likely 'park'?
    I float her over to the bare soil and lay her awkwardly on it.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Zoat once mentioned that they don't exist on Earth 16.

I could be wrong or he may change his mind though.

He has.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And this version of them may not fully know what to do with her since something like her may have never existed there, unlike in Earth 16.

Renegade did say that Diana 50 could probably get her powers back if she buried herself, though I'm not sure if it would have really worked or if renegade was going off on knowledge that doesn't apply to her.

She did get her powers back, but I'm not sure if it was mentioned that she buried herself.

There was that whole DC 1.000.000 thing where the Amazons of the future were sapient marble statues.

27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I meant more when Diana 666 is told by the Amazons of Earth 10, and if Paul learns of it and makes it part of report, which Diana 16 will read.

I believe her making an apology and putting herself at the judgement of her goddesses for her actions after binding herself with her lasso was what restored Diana 50's powers.

ChestBurster and Darko like this.
  28. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

You could always use one of the Evil Math integers, or 4444 if you want to be international. But I say you've come up with enough names, take a walk to first base for this one if you want.

29. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Treadmark is missing for today's chapter.

ChestBurster and Assblaster5000 like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.