1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vorian

Vorian Versed in the lewd.

He pissed off other Olympians, notably Zeus and iirc Apollo.

He's predicting Hades will delay punishment for that as long as he can get away with.

ChestBurster, Ardy, Travisplo and 7 others like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, after he was brought back to life by the Angels and went to Hades, he was told that Zeus came to Hades to make sure that when Paul dies, he goes to the bad parts of the Greek afterlife.

Hades told him he'd make his decision based in Paul's merits and actions.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Nothing, but he knows that the other gods will make strong representations and he'd probably rather avoid that.

4. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

A most pleasant discussion.

In fairness Sisyphus was a complete and total arsehole who absolutely deserved what he got.

5. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

It's not like they lit the guy on fire beforehand.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

When Paul dies could the other Gods try to strongarm Hades to give Paul what they think is the appropriate punishment or could Hades just ignore them seeing as judging souls is his domain and the others don't get a say? I know Zeus and Apollo would want to give him the most severe punishment yet but Hades, Eris, Hera, Vulcan, Hephestus, and Mellione would be more in Paul's favor.
    BTW What does Gaea think of Paul? I don't see her interfering in Paul's afterlife Judging but I'm curious if she has a positive view of him or not.

ChestBurster, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  7. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm aware. I asked for WAAAAAAAAGH!!! specifically. It's basically what one would call Fighting Spirit in a shonen. Warhammer 40k's own signature brand emotional energy. And I know a Primarch Vulkan got powered up into a (temporary) Ork God because of it.
    Though I wonder just how long those 2 Pails can wander around b4 an Ork starts getting ideas.
    Warboss Lantern WAAAAAAAAGH!!!
    Mission Accomplished. Wonder if he'll evar krump dem gits Gork and Mork?
    Bet that Sword of the First and Second of the Fallen would be real handy right now.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

According to a priestess of Hades, it's possible for the other gods to make Hades send a soul to an afterlife they think is appropriate, but he may not necessarily have to follow their wished.

Zeus apparently tried to make him send Paul to Tartarus or something like that, but Hades told him that he'll judge Paul by himself.

And Gaea may like Paul, since he helped repair climate change and cleaned up the oceans, thus restoring the Earth.

9. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

The Orange Light can eat angels so honesty it depends of Zoat.

10. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh god this is hilarious.:) I think you have You-Know-Who on ignore:sneaky:
    There is one of his posts between these:
    So DAT_NOOB wasn't telling Mr Zoat to tell what actually happened

11. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

HA! Thanks for that. I thought the topic was ngamer11’s post about Diana.

12. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

He Who Must Not Be Read

13. Finagle007

Finagle007 [Verified Great Old One]

Mr Zoat, something just occurred to me. Did you ever do anything regarding Greta Hayes, aka Secret? Harm's sister, who he murdered to become "pure", joined the Team while a ghost, and was eventually resurrected by Darkseid?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think he just followed that like YJ did.

Zatanna and Artemis fought Harm, figured our he killed his sister, helped arrest him, and Greta's soul was free to go to the afterlife.

The only difference here us that Harm developed a limp after his fight with the two of them, due to Artemis's super strength.

15. Mr Zoat

They never met her due to overpowering him in their first encounter. I guess she'd still there.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Unless she moved on after her brother was beaten and arrested.

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

*Looks at how many times Paragon has violated Xenia.*

Yea... Hades is making the right choice slow-boating Paragon's judgement...

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. NightmareWarden

When has he violated hospitality offered to him? Obvious examples are when he is infiltrating somewhere, which brings to mind… the hell arc and when he gave himself horn-nubs for that planet the Reach were infiltrating by bribing an obtuse government structure. The latter didn’t involve violence against the natives. Paul infiltrated Qward, but he was never welcomed and the natives were free to kill him or robots like him with impunity.

Paul was not responsible for Flash interrupting with the giant green lantern. Paul’s investigation into the Psion prison and subsequent legal action shouldn’t count.

Lord Ernest, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Radix

Radix I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, Paragon os generally a very cordial person id you arent a complete asshole. Or at least are a powerful asshole that he is trying to persuade. He is also very respectful of the concept of legal sovereignty and where he acts.

Renegade on the other hand... is an asshole.

Lord Ernest and Ardy like this.
  20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He helped Bleez plan a rebellion, which violated the Xenia offered to him by the Thanagarian's.

He refused to help the Titan's outside of protecting his own interests, which violated the Xenia he was under from accepting the Titans hospitality.

21. NightmareWarden

A. Bleez is not planning a rebellion against the Thanagarian empire, find a different example. She is reforming the culture and economics of her world through political means. When the story was on Thanagar we learned that worlds distant from the core of the empire were more relaxed with their behavior and certain cultural elements. Here on Bleez’s world the existing Thanagarian structures heavily penalize native races. Changing that successfully is within her right when she inherits.
    I will admit that taking Bleez to a world which had its government overthrown could look VERY worrying for any military advisors aware of Bleez’s political power. Doubly so if Bleez ever received a Book of Orange, indicating she was a ring prospect.

B. Paul is not a mage so he could not heal the Titans before leaving. The three sources of concern the Titans held were 1. The impending invasion from a Darkseid-funded zealot, 2. The existence of the Controller sun-eaters beneath their planet, 3. Responsibly raising the civilians under the care of their world government. Paul helped significantly with fending of the forces of number one, which was a lethal threat to the titans. The technology guarding the dormant sun-eaters is beyond Ring-tech manipulation, so he made arrangements for Controllers to attend to said tech. Paul explained that a crater might need to be made between the underground facility and the surface in order to physically transport the sun-eaters, giving the Titans time to prepare. As for the third point: I think Paul offered to share books on political systems with the male Titan he primarily spoke to, but I cannot confirm if an exchange of digital archives actually happened.

Paul completed his assignment from the Controllers and left on good terms, even if the locals were traumatized by their deities being rendered comatose. He sure as hell didn’t steal the Titan orbs when he had the chance, so I’m not sure how to fault any of his actions that arc.

Lord Ernest, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

None of that matters to Xenia...

Also you forgot that Paragon directly helped the people who attacked the Titan's, and continues to offer his assistance to them.

23. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

Didn't he do that to subvert the enemy leader who was in league with Doctor Impossible, and by extension Apokalypse, and when shown proof the soldiers under her command rebelled. And the reason why he continued to help them was because they had faulty information and no back up leader to take control, many of them were young adults at that, and neither them or the local soldiers knew how to restore the Titans' seeds back to their bodies.

Plus just because he converted to the greek pantheon, or has become a citizen of Themyscira, doesn't mean he's obligated to follow such an ancient tradition. Especially since he's dealing with alien societies/cultures who would just as well invite him into their home under a false pretense of peace just to blast him the back; as the Thanagarian government is using him to test their anti-lantern plans and weapons, Bleez was introduced to act as a honey-pot to spy on which she has admitted, and continue to make plans for the future.

The only way you could argue that Paul has been a inhospitable guest would be for him to be rude to his fellow Themyscirans or the gods themselves, he had helped Eris toss Apollo into a pigsty and convince Hera to divorce Zeus when she learned about Cassie, and he's definitely done his best to ingratiate himself to them; helping them have kids, solving the mystery of Diana's would be killers, and coming to the islands defense when under attack.

Lord Ernest and Ardy like this.
  24. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Should I just use his name whenever I ask him for clarification?

25. Threadmarks: Vantavendi (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

20th October 2012
    15:10 GMT -5

GrabTedandconstructshield!

The bullets sent at Diana hit her bracers and stop dead, flattened metal discs falling to the ground with a 'tink' noise. The ones fired at me punch straight through my construct and through the wall behind me and I think it's only due to the fact that she wasn't ready for how fast I move that it didn't go through me.

Diana lunges forward, jinking out of her line of fire to strike with her extended right fist-. Which meets only mist, Crimson Avenger becoming intangible as it intersects with her face. I have my rings handle evasion, keeping Ted and myself out of her line of fire even as she adapts to my evasiveness.

Ring, scan her face and try to find matches-.

Jill Carlyle. Lawyer. Reported missing three months ago.

Diana imposes herself into Miss Carlyle's mist, blocking her eyes with her own head and striking at both guns with her hands. And it's working, she can't fire when the guns are intangible-.

The plume of mist wafts across-

Evade!

-the drawing room, Miss Carlyle calmly walking out with her guns raised. There's a very slight delay before she fires again, and I'm already moving-.

Ring, are those bullets punching through the walls?

Yes.

I get a sudden mental picture of their flight path. The Themysciran embassy isn't fortified enough to block high powered bullets, and I seem to remember that these ones are demonic or something? There are people working here, and being Amazons they're rushing to arm up.

I need to get Ted out of here.

I fire energy pulses at Miss Carlyle's face and hands and another at the window. She doesn't bother evading, her outline rippling faintly as the pulses pass through. It does prevent her shooting for a moment, and I use that to extend a filament outside and transition both of us into the sky.

"Who the hell was that?!"

"Her name's Jill Carlyle. She's a missing person. Did you recognise the guns?"

"Colt Nineteen elevens? Yeah, I recognise them."

"No, those specific ones. The decoration on the grip. They're Crimson Avenger's old guns."

"I don't know if his guns were custom jobs."

"Her bullets punched through my construct and-."

And there's a hole in my shoulder. We're a mile up, how is-? Doesn't matter. She can teleport and has unearthly aim. Transition again and keep moving.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, it's just a-. I don't really feel pain and I fight by ring, so getting shot in the shoulder doesn't really do all that much. I'll fix it now. Did you know Crimson Avenger One?"

Since my armour's not doing anything I send it back into subspace, along with my shirt. Whatever magic causes it to bypass armour doesn't seem to otherwise increase the amount of damage it causes. That's a pretty normal bullet wound, and the bullet is lodged in my scapula. If it was punching through brick walls and my constructs then it should have gone in the front and then out the back.

"Ah, no, not well. Met him a couple of times in the war, but he was from my dad's generation, and he never joined the JSA."

"Okay, so do you think she was aiming for you or for me?"

"You're the one with the bullet in his shoulder."

"Yes but -no offence intended- I was the priority target. If I died then the fall would probably kill you."

It's not healing. Okay, attach a construct to the bullet-. Naturally it falls apart. Okay, create a-. Create a tool for fishing around inside myself? What am I, a monkey?

I disintegrate my own shoulder, the bullet falling into a construct-supported metal tray. Then I reconstruct my shoulder, and test the motion. Yes, good.

"You mind.. warning me next time you plan something like that?"

"Oh. Ah, sorry."

I use my newly reconstructed shoulder to move my hand to a pouch and take out a rune stone. Bullet is… Weakly magical, and the intensity is decreasing. So the magic effect is generated by either the gun or the shooter. Might explain why it tapers off. Good for one surface only?

"Orange Lantern to Blue Lantern."

His face appears almost immediately. "You and Ted okay?"

"Yes, one little bullet wound. I've saved the bullet. Has she left the embassy?"

"Yeah, about five seconds after you did."

I turn my head to look directly at Ted. "Five dollars says I was the target."

"I'll take that bet. You know how many enemies I've made?"

"You know how many of them are still alive?" Ah. "Sorry. Alan. Was anyone else hurt?"

"Diana's got a grazed hand. Whoever it was teleported out just as the other gals charged the room."

"Jill Carlyle. And I think she was using Crimson Avenger's guns."

"You noticed that? You been staying after class with Batman?"

"No, of course not. It's an image stored in my ring from when I did research on old superheroes. I just compared the two."

He nods. "Yeah, that makes more sense. Not all of us are Batman. Okay, Zatara's going to come by and try and work out what sort of magic she was using, then we'll see if he can block it. I'll pass her name on to Batman."

"She's-."

"A missing person." Closer inspection of his projection shows that his eyes are glowing. "I can learn how to do interweb searches too, you know."

I don't know whether that was intentional or.. not.

Wait.

I float the flattened bullet up, and calculate what it looked like before it flattened… Add a little abrasion from the force field…

She's the one who shot at me and Dana. Or someone with those guns did. I suppose that the multiple layers of shielding dealt with the penetration spell-effect. But why only one shot? Why didn’t she maintain the attack?

"We'll need to go over the police interviews. See if she was acting strangely before she vanished."

"And look for other gunshot victims. If she's been gone three months there's no reason to assume that we were her first targets."

"Good point." He smiles. "Welcome back to Earth, I-."

BANG!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  26. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

If Paul just died, then this time he might actually end up in Erebus instead of getting forced to the Silver City or just discorporating in space until a clone body shows up.

ChestBurster, Vorian, Ardy and 10 others like this.
  27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I like how this proves beyond argument that Paragon has taken the lives of innocents.

28. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

The clone body with the lich ring is still around, yes? He'll probably pop into that body and be back on Earth in a few minutes.

ChestBurster, Vorian, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  29. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In the comics she went after Wildcat for framing a man for a murder he didn't commit after he did murder three other people.

The guns' definition of innocent is wordgamed into a meaningless buzzword.

30. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

What are the odds Paul is going to accidentally talk Crimson Avenger II into committing suicide?