1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Not bad.
    If magic is added to the mix, yes. Then again, I am sure you can image how horrifying a nuclear dragon would be.
    [​IMG]
    It's because it cannot be done. You cannot make a small Exaltation that grow larger: by its very design an Exaltation is the ultimate quintessence of divine power and unlimited grown. It needs to have a metaphysical base, and it needs to be huge.

TheWave, astus, ZipLopz and 9 others like this.
  2. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Seeing how horrible are the effects of Radioactive Fire in WoD, I can have the idea how dangerous this type of dragon would be.

3. Exis21

Exis21 PhD In Metaphysical Bullshit

Whats WoD?

4. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

World of Darkness.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  5. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

It's a series of tabletop RPGs that share a universe and a few systems but are otherwise unconnected to each other.

Primarily identifiable by the naming scheme of X: The Y.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  6. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

He's really, really RETARDED.

It's like hating a boulder that landed on your feet, an untinking being that have no choice or agency in it's actions that only exists as any other object, except the boulder of this metaphor never landed anywhere near his feet and he had to deal with the cultists that wanted to have said boulder landed on other people feet and were training young people to be withstand the pain, were deemed a failure and died in the process.

My methaphor went to weird places, but it's more or less like that.

7. Crazael

He is a severely traumatized survivor of a series of cruel experiments where all the other "participants" were mercilessly slaughtered. You can't expect him to be entirely rational when the root cause of that trauma comes up.

TheWave, kuradora, Walkir and 8 others like this.
  8. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Pat Kiba on the back and say, "I can't really say I understand your feelings so I won't insult you or your friends by saying that I do. Instead I will say this; Your anger towards Excalibur is understandable, it reminds you of the suffering you and your friends were forced to endure. However, you must remember this, Kiba; Your friends, both the past and the present don't want you to be to torture yourself for something you could not control. Buchou, Akeno, Koneko, Me, Asia, and all those who were with you back then. We'd all want you to live, to be happy. If you wish to grow stronger then we'll all help you, and if you still seek revenge, then remember don't let innocents die for the sake of your revenge, else you'll be giving power to the ones who used you and your friends. You are better then them, you are better then that sword. Your friends may no longer be physically with you, but their emotions, their wishes are with you. So live your life to the fullest for them, so that when you are reunited you can help them experience what they missed."

9. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

I would expect him to blame the actual people responsible for doing this, or at the very least the church, not a fucking SWORD HE NEVER SAW.

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Deep down, he might believe still in God and the Church...Psychology is weird like that.

BlackThief12 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  11. Crazael

No one is claiming that his hatred for the sword is particularly rational or sensible. But, the circumstances that lead to that hate don't exactly lend themselves to sensible or rational responses. Him, and all of his friends, were tortured, likely for years in an attempt to make someone who could wield a Holy Sword. And then they were all casually killed off when the project failed to produce results. He's only still around because Rias happened to be in the area and some of his friends fought to protect him long enough for him to get away before succumbed to his injuries and the cold. The sword is the target of his rage and anger because if it did not exist, or if it wasn't so particular about who used it, the project would have either never happened or would have been successful. So, he seeks to destroy them so that no one else will ever have to go through such pain.

TheWave, kuradora, Lalzparty and 7 others like this.
  12. Ichypa

Ichypa I trust you know where the happy button is?

I swear, I don't understand why people keep expecting an irrational, emotional, reaction, to be founded in logic and rational thinking, with a well reasoned and thoroughly researched argument as to why he hates this particular entity, because they are objectively the guilty party. Of course its retarded. Its an irrational hatred, it isn't going to make sense.

Even so, while hating the sword in the sense of hating an inanimate object is stupid, hating the sword as an extension of the project sort of makes sense. Not even in a "if it didn't exist this never would have happened" sense, but in the sense that probably the one thing Kiba knows for certain about the people that hurt him is that they wanted Excalibur. If he can't go after those people directly, then he can still hurt them through the sword, however indirectly; by destroying Excalibur, he robs them of something they wanted.

TheWave, kuradora, yrsillar and 10 others like this.
  13. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

In my opinion we should point out that the assholes that are using two untrained girls as sacrificial couriers are probably the same group that started the Holy Sword Project.

14. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

[X] "My friend. I cannot comprehend your feelings of loss, but I can understand the need for revenge, just by thinking that something could happen to my friends... like Irina who, it seems was slated for basically the same fate as you, even if she 'volunteered', probably even by the same people. I will help you. You will get your revenge. I am Solar, If you let me I will help you find the ones responsible and bring them to justice, because that's what a Solar does. But hating an inanimate object? Consigning a pair of girls to the same fate as your friends because they have holy swords? That is simply insane. You'll never get your revenge on those responsible if you cannot use your brains when confronted with the problem. I can help you become strong enough, both mentally and physically, to get your revenge." Hasten the Night's End. "If you just let me."

15. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Its because of Armchair General Syndrome. All characters we control or near character we control must be emotionless wholly rational powergaming metagamers or they are illogical, stupid and dumb.

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Speaking of Armchair Generals, do you think She Who Lives In Her Name is one such thing, albeit an effective one due to the nature of her powers?

17. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

Okay, in a scenario that She-Who-Live-In-Her-Name appear in this world and need a fake names, what do you guys think Issei would nickname her?

18. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Swilin-chan.

19. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

Lol. Good one. XD

20. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

[X] Plan burningclaw2

burningclaw2 hey, how about adding the magic Issei used to console the birdy phoenix as well?

I forgot the name, though.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  21. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Only works with things people are afraid or crazy of.

22. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Hating a sword and not the people behind is is pretty fukken crazy.

Prince Charon likes this.
  23. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

Pretty sure he hates both.

May not be too logical, but logic and trauma rarely go together.

That doesn't mean he gets to ignore the innocent girls getting caught in the crossfire, though.

24. Bloodshifter

One despite him hating something we cannot use HNE for making him not hate it. We can use it if he was traumatized by it, but he got past that and now holds an irrational grudge concerning everything about that.
    Which I'm pretty sure is the opposite of the definition of Kiba right now.

TheWave, kuradora, ZipLopz and 4 others like this.
  25. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Kiba trauma effects happens in real life, is not logical that is what some people say, human psicology is complicated.

I have been wondering how a person with True sight would see Issei.

26. Crazael

Probably something like his Balance Breaker but more dragony and his full anima banner and caste mark glowing brightly.

BlackThief12 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  27. Bloodshifter

It would be more like Issei as he is surrounded by a halo of light like a setting sun right before it disappears over the horizon, backed by a large red dragon, a not-angel woman and with several other people.

For Soul based true sight, a magical one would see POWER SO MUCH POWER ALL CONTAINED INSIDE THAT ONE MAN.

TheWave, Walkir, ZipLopz and 7 others like this.
  28. HCVquizibo

HCVquizibo Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Pat Kiba on the back and say, "I can't really say I understand your feelings so I won't insult you or your friends by saying that I do. Instead I will say this; Your anger towards Excalibur is understandable, it reminds you of the suffering you and your friends were forced to endure. However, you must remember this, Kiba; Your friends, both the past and the present don't want you to be to torture yourself for something you could not control. Buchou, Akeno, Koneko, Me, Asia, and all those who were with you back then. We'd all want you to live, to be happy. If you wish to grow stronger then we'll all help you, and if you still seek revenge, then remember don't let innocents die for the sake of your revenge, else you'll be giving power to the ones who used you and your friends. You are better then them, you are better then that sword. Your friends may no longer be physically with you, but their emotions, their wishes are with you. So live your life to the fullest for them, so that when you are reunited you can help them experience what they missed."

29. Trooper1021

Trooper1021 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] You place your hand on Kiba's shoulder. "I'm not going to pretend I understand your feelings, so I won't insult you or your friends by saying I do. Instead I'll ask you this: how far will you go for your revenge? How long will you wait? And what costs are you willing to pay? Your hatred is understandable, your goal is destructive, but you are my friend. So one way or another, I'll help you see it through. But you are a devil. This means that you have both options and responsibilities you did not have before Rias gave you your second chance. You have power a human doesn't. More importantly, if you don't die in combat, you will live longer then any standing human civilization, any organized religion. At the same time because you are a devil, if you don't act very carefully, you could not only bite the hand that has done everything it's power to help you, but could bring immense danger down on everyone in this city. Maybe even trigger another war between the holy factions and the Devils, which would not only cost countless more lives, but inspire more radicals like the ones who did that to you in the first place! And lastly, Irina said their main goal is to deny Excalibur to the enemy, so we might have a chance now, but you need to think. Really think, on just when the right time is to take it."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  30. Mizuki_Stone

Mizuki_Stone Experienced.

The head patting seems kind of demeaning. Particularly with the 'no except yes' nature of the speech...

I mean Kiba knows this isn't logical. He's fully aware of everything you guys want to say, he just can't get over his hate, and doesn't see why he should bother to try.

So... even this late into the vote. I'm going to make a try of my own.

[X] Putting you hand on Kiba's shoulder, "I'm not going to pretend I understand your feelings, so I won't insult you or your friends by saying I do. Instead I'll ask you this. How far will you go for your revenge? How long will you wait? And what costs are you willing to pay? Your hatred is understandable, your goal is destructive, but you are my friend. So one way or another I'll help you see it through. But you are a devil. This means that you have both options and responsibilities you did not have before Rais gave you your second chance. You have power a human doesn't. More importantly, if you don't die in combat, you will live longer then any standing human civilization, any organized religion."

"At the same time because you are a devil, if you don't act very carefully, you could not only bite the hand that has done everything it's power to help you, but could bring immense danger down on everyone in this city. Maybe even trigger another war between the holy factions and the Devils, which would not only cost countless more lives, but inspire more radicals like the ones who did that to you in the first place!"

"Irina said their main goal is to deny Excalibur to the enemy, so we might have a chance now, but you need to think. Really think, on just when the right time is to take it."