1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Is she using the Renegade's design, her old outfit, the outfit worn by Supergirl in JLU, or a different one altogether?

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

me

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    A different one altogether, though she's still got the one Grayven made and grudgingly admits that it's objectively superior.

4. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

In that case, do you have an image of what costume this Kara is currently using.

5. Mr Zoat

No.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Though not as much as their comic counterparts.

I don't remember any cartoon Superman sneezing a galaxy away.

Though there probably are others in the Phantom Zone.

Ardy and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think it was oce mentioned that she's wearing a black bodysuit with the symbol of the In-Ze house on it.

It's also apparently their equivalent of a sports uniform, like a football jersey, and her father was a big sports fan.

8. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

'Krypton’

9. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

10. Amrynel

Amrynel Wat.

The coffee doesn't seem to be kicking in, so I'll ask: I don't get it?

moralrelativity and RoninSword like this.
  11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

The In-Ze house didn't have a symbol, and you're right in that it's really just the Kryptonian equivalent of a sports jersey.

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

She IS the only kryptonian with blond hair out of all 2 kryptonians left in her universe. The rest are kinda gone now.....hence the gallows humour.

13. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

It's Batman, I'm going to assume he survived somehow.

14. Threadmarks: Compass (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

13th February 2013
    22:11 GMT
    Earth 50

"Oh. It's you."

Kal-El returns his attention to one of the alien animals he acquired from his fight with the Collector, a big purple herbivore of some sort. It gives him a hug with its face tentacles, and he pats it fondly on the side of its neck.

"It's me."

He walks over to check on the feeding station. "Did you want something?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "I wanted Kara's help with something and she's busy with work-."

"And I'm not." He pats the animal again, then makes his way to the exit from the enclosure. "Not that that means I'd want to help you."

"I wasn't expecting you to volunteer, but you have specific expertise that I need and I'm prepared to hire you."

That gets a frown as he wipes the tentacle goo off with a prepared towel.

"What makes you think I'd want to work for you for any price?"

"Have I done something to offend you?"

I mean, yes, obviously, but Kara didn't tell him about the gold kryptonite-.

"Kara didn't tell me about the dust you used on me, but I run a farm here. I do soil sampling to check that the soil chemistry is right for the crops, and I've got air purification systems set up. It started showing up in the filters a little while after you left."

Ah.

"Guess I'm rumbled then."

"What is it? I couldn't tell exactly what it did, but I doubt that you'd have used it unintentionally."

"Kryptonite comes in more than one colour. That was gold. It basically turns off your powers without causing other damage."

He grimaces. "Luthor beat you to the punch."

I shrug. "What, you expect me to trust Luthor?"

He huffs. "I guess not. And that's why Kara was getting sick, until you removed it."

"Yeah. I kind of assumed it would have settled… Or that she was angry enough to have written you off. She's a really nice person."

Perfectly innocent noses aside.

"Nice isn't enough. I thought what S.H.A.D.E. did would have been enough to teach her that."

"I'm-." I frown. "Did you want her to kill you? Or lobotomise you? Because that would seem to be the logical continuation of that thought process."

"If she had, I'd have understood. But I was more hoping that she'd join me after she experienced how bad America's politics are for herself."

"I think it was less personal than Luthor was for you. She hadn't had years of graciously not tearing his head off to regret. So anyway, reason I'm here, is that I'm worried about the mental state of my universe's Kara. She's… Ah, not like yours, and I'm worried that when we fixed her up after she was seriously injured a while ago we got something wrong."

"And you want me to take a look? I do probably know more than most people about kryptonian medicine. And I've still got Brainiac's database."

"I wanted Kara, but, yeah."

"What are you offering? I doubt you'll give me my powers back."

"No, obviously, but I could upgrade your defences, if you like?" I'm definitely not including him in the program. "Get you a universal television receiver so you can watch alien T.V.? Or just more materials for your own projects? Heck, if you really want I can relocate this place somewhere so you don't have to worry about being murdered in your sleep by vengeful government agents."

"That last one sounds good. I'd still need some way to get back to Earth, though."

I nod. "I can build a zeta beam transporter easily enough. It will be point to point, so if the end station gets discovered that's your problem. That all?"

"I hate corrupt governments. I don't have anything against sick young women, and I…" He sighs. "It wasn't ever about taking power myself. It was always about… Trying to help people. Make their lives better. You hit me with that gold kryptonite of yours a few minutes after meeting me. Would you have handled the supervillains we lobotomised any different?"

"I'd have settled for killing most of them. Having them around with two burn scars on their foreheads just harmed your brand. When they stop being capable of evil, anyone who interacts with them is just left looking at a harmless person you harmed." His eyes drift away as he considers what I'm saying. "With a corpse, people would just move on, and they wouldn't have that constant visual reminder of who killed them."

"That's not a bad idea."

"There were actually a whole lot of other things you could have done better, propaganda-wise. Given your background as a journalist, I'm surprised it didn't occur to you to manufacture some consent."

"My journalism classes were about teaching me to spot someone else doing that stuff, not how to do it myself."

"You were in charge of the country. Should have changed the curriculum."

He makes an amused exhalation. "I'll remember that next time."

I smile. "That's the spirit. Anything you need to do, or are you alright to head out now?"

He walks over to a wall panel and presses a button. A few moments later, a… Somewhat weathered Superman robot trudges in and heads towards the next pen.

"It's not that hard to automate things, but I need something to do myself."

I nod. "Right then. Mother Box?"

Ping.

BOOM!

A few animals squawk or grunt, but for the most part they accept the noise and the glowing hole in reality.

I lead the way through, back into Karsta's office in the cloning facility.

"Karsta Wor-Ul, this is Kal-El Fifty." Karsta studies his face intensely, frowning as she does so. "I've asked him to have a chat with Kara, see if he can-."

"Fine. Fine. I don't need to know every little thing you get up to."

"He took over his Earth after their Lex Luthor proved to be an incompetent lunatic. I think you might like him more than our Kal-El."

She takes in Kal-El's farm overalls. "He dresses better."

"I probably used to dress the same way. It's just not really a good idea to wear a cape around farming equipment."

I nod. "Alright, I'll take-."

Ping.

I stare down at Mother Box. "Seriously?"

Ping.

"Okay, ah…" I look at Kal-El and Karsta. "I'm sorry, but it sounds like Atlantis has risen from the ocean and I need to get back to Earth. Karsta, could you please show Kal-El around, introduce him to Kara, that sort of thing?"

She gets up out of her chair. "Sure. Probably-"

Mother Box.

BOOM!

I jog through the portal back to Challenger Mountain.

"-best to start with the healing pod…"

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Gilga.34, Neruz, Turalon94 and 119 others like this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I like how the whole Gold Kryptonite thing only works here because this Kal-El doesn't care enough to fix it.

16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'somewhat'.

And now it seems that Ahri'ahn has finally made his move. Mr Zoat, is it safe to assume that he hasn't done anything like this in the Paragon timeline because he saw what was happening, approved, and then continued on time travelling forwards?

Plus the fact that he doesn't know that what Luthor did would've eventually worn off and that the Gold Kryptonite is depowering him permanently.

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You know there are cures for Gold Kryptonite right?

And some times it just randomly wears off.

18. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

I'm getting the feeling he might get his powers back soon.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I don't remember where it was, but I believe Paul told Kara that eventually, gold kryptonite's effects can become permanent due to it working by damaging the parts of their cells that provide the energy for their powers.

20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

For a second, I thought you meant the Collector was a big purple herbivore. :oops: But a farm animal does make more sense. I see Kal-El has been keeping busy, at least, now that the world decided it doesn't want him around.

Oh, he wants many things. A more accurate question would be 'What does he want from you?'

Oh, don't be down, Kal. Perhaps you'll find a new pastime besides farming to occupy your time. A man needs a hobby, after all.

Heh. A whole different kind of messy work to conventional farming.

...Shit, he knows about the Gold-K, doesn't he?

Yeah. People think he's just a flying strongman, but Kal-El is the scion of a scientific culture. The man is a legitimate genius.

No point denying it. Worst case, just say it was a Batman backup plan.

Well, except to your kryptonian solar organelles. Honestly, he's lucky you didn't give him some sort of super-cancer.

Besides, Luthor's thing was technically wearing off. The Renegade was being cautious.

Heh. A typical Renegade action result: It seems fine now, but there are always unintended consequences.

Sadly, when someone she's trusted for years does something like you did, it does kind of have lasting effects.

Optimistic, for someone who decided the world wasn't mature enough to be trusted to lead itself...

Let's hope it's reasonably compatible, besides the obvious elements of kryptonian biology. At least Sixteen and Fifty have similar technologies.

Dude, you are not your muscles alone. Remember, you are the product of generations of scientific refinement... Try putting the meat in your head to work sometime. :rolleyes:

A Boom Tube generator might be a bit much, mind. And likely get the attention of the local Apokaliptians.

Ooh, that's a loaded question. Why lobotomise them, instead of just executing them? Surely some of them would have earned it...

Except you were too nice to think of it, weren't you, Kal? All of you were still trying to tell yourselves you were still heroes. :oops:

The you should at least have understood the value of good publicity...

Ooh, confident. :p Got to love that sarcastic streak in DCAU Supermen.

I'm betting it's seen some shit over the years.

True. Give someone unlimited leisure, and sooner or later, they get antsy.

Heh. Got to love the casual breaching of vibrational barriers between universes. Such a Renegade thing to do.

And she's probably all 'Now what?'

Familiarity breeds contempt, Renegade. and she's plenty familiar with you. :p

Hey, don't knock superheroic fashion. Hell, would you prefer a textured unitard with no trunks?

"Grayven, League red alert. Atlantis has risen." Well, looks like we'll be getting plenty of action in the B-plot of the episode, at least.

"Offical channel. It's real. Formerly underwater city floating on the surface and everything." Let's hope the people are handling the transition well. I doubt everybody managed to get to safety in the water...

And isn't it just such a sign of how odd their lives are that that statement is taken completely seriously? :V

Ah, instant teleportation gateways. The second-fastest way to get around the universe.

What's the bet Kal finds the Eradicator protocols within minutes of checking the pod's systems?

Well, then. It seems Ahri'ahn has had enough of waiting. He's going to make Atlantis the power it once was, and end up facing the entire Justice League in the process. Let's hope they've got the oomph to overcome him. But why do I get the feeling Kal-El will not only find out what's wrong with Kara, but also how to fix himself? And not just physically, perhaps...

21. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No.

22. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yep. He also mentioned the possibility of it having other bad long-term effects as it is damaging part of the cell functions.

Prince Charon, kerleth and Ngamer11 like this.
  23. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Well, I could easily see Superman 50 getting back his superpowers. Then someone would have to beat his ass again, because in the comics he did take over again. And tried to get revenge on the Justice League. Because of course he did.

That was the main problem with the Justice Lords and similar such evil Leagues. They can't just content themselves with "fixing" their Earth. They have to stick their dicks in other universes. Then lose to their good counterparts somehow, even though they should absolutely be winning because it's the same people and powers only they aren't holding back anymore.

Cuchulin, Prince Charon, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I remember a comic where he basically learned a lifetime worth of medical knowledge in a few moments using superspeed.

Only if he plans on conquering.

Though even if he isn't planningthat, Atlantis rising could have potentially harmed the citizens that aren't so well equipped for living outside of water.

Not to mention the potential geologic and enviromental instability that can occur when a whole continent suddenly emerges.

Because you have good instincts.

Cuchulin, Chojin Patriarch and Bud-E like this.
  25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well, what does Grayven has in anti magic?

26. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

I'd love to see Justice Lord Superman learn from his mistakes and become a better dictator.

KomandorCliff, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  27. KaiKolo

KaiKolo Know what you're doing yet?

That would be an interesting read. It would be great to see what a dictator version of Superman could do if he managed to retain popular support and not go too crazy.

It does seem like everytime a superhero takes control of a country they inevitably go mad with power and paranoia to the point of needless cruelty, but I guess that this is to make it clear to the reader that superheroes shouldn't take over countries.

Edit:

I remember that in the Injustice animated movie Superman kills a bunch of Joker supporters who were all just dumbass teens who were spouting bullshit they read online.

Maybe Superman could have exposed these people supporting a crazed madman who nuked a city and he would have the widespread supported to arrest every single one of them.

28. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

In the comics they weren't just regular dumbasses, but got taken out while in a warehouse full of weapons because they were preparing to start some real shit.

Of course, the comic version of the Injustice storyline made the people opposed to Superman look incredibly stupid. And had him start out as, honestly, being pretty damn reasonable. People just wouldn't stop provoking him. Well, that and Injustice Wonder Woman was a psycho actively encouraging him to be evil.

Like, in the comic storyline? After he kills Joker? He doesn't jump straight to global dictator. He originally just says that he's going to stop ignoring ongoing wars. So he does exactly that and actively intervenes in conflicts to protect civilians and bring about peace instead of just letting nations have it out. The US government hates this and recruits Mirror Master to help them kidnap Clark's parents. Needless to say, he doesn't appreciate this.

And you just keep getting the anti-Superman faction increasingly escalating and causing Clark to unravel further . . . All the while they act like they read ahead in the script and treat him as though he is way worse than he actually is.

I normally don't particularly care about Superman. I also normally prefer Batman. The Injustice comics made me hate Injustice Batman and root for Injustice Superman. (I was especially pissed off with how Harley was handled.)

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yes, but Paul's not a super scientist, and that was something he pulled out of his ass Power Ring Simulation since it's not supported by any Meta information.

30. Mr Zoat

His own godly nature plus whatever Sunset cooked up.