1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

tear -> tears

2. PepeTheFrog

PepeTheFrog Not too sore, are you?

Did Grayven secure the Ace of Winchesters in this timeline?

moralrelativity likes this.
  3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Nope. So that's probably what Satanus is banking on to take out the First of the Fallen.

4. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Did he? Looks like a straightforward ambush from the First and, unfortunately, Grayven wasn't really prepared. He has Kanto on speed-dial but that doesn't seem specific, or the Agony Matrix which he notes might not work. Honestly, I thought he had prepared a special recall spell/ritual with Sunset or a counter-ambush for the expected and inevitable betrayal.

At the moment, it's looking like the typical Renegade Episode Grayven's Suffering or Bodily Harmed section. Still, some of his best fights are when he's scrappy so it's alright, but for such a heavy-hitter that's practically always mentioning how strong and tough he is, he's always getting his shit kicked in, it's hilarious.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is the moment Demon Constantine arrives to both save the day and tell Grayven "I told you so".

Cuchulin, Silveraith, kerleth and 2 others like this.
  6. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

Considering that Grayven and the First have a written pact, who breached it First? or is it still in effect because this is outside of what was agreed.

7. Wivk

Wivk Know what you're doing yet?

Does renegade have the magic absorbing tattoos that slowly feed on ambient magic to form his soul? I remember paragon eating a bunch of hell magic before and almost turning into a demon or some other crazy thing like that.

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Only Paul has those tattoos. The Rengade's soul structure was created by the Father Box he got from DeSaad into a duplicate of Grayven's. Something changed after the Renegade went near the Source Wall, and probably changed again after merging with Grayven.

Cuchulin, kerleth, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lord Ernest

The Illustres has that because that's how he built his soul. Grayven has a New God Soul created by Father Box in imitation of original Grayven, because that's who he said he was. Besides, while the Illustres was indeed absorbing Hell Magic with his tattoos, Satanus had a trap setup to forcefully feed him more than usual and influence him that way, if I recall correctly, that's why he was behaving erratically and almost becoming a demon.

Cuchulin and Wivk like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

11. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

So I just realized we were left with cliffhangers for both 40k Paul and Old Man Paul…

Hm.

12. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

All of the alternate versions of the SI are technically left on cliffhangers. That's kind of the point, since they're just glimpses into other universes.

kerleth likes this.
  13. Ardy

mm, fair enough.

anyone know what happened to the congregation? It was noted to be separate from the alliance of the just, but we haven’t found out what’s happened to them since the anti-life started iirc

14. Mr Zoat

They're still around, if somewhat depleated. A lot of the members who were serious about it joined the Alliance to some degree as well, and quite a few of those who didn't were prioritised for killing.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That may not work on the First since he's not technically a demon.

Plus, he's much, much more powerful than others and even if it has an effect on him it would be extremely minimal.

moralrelativity likes this.
  16. Ardy

man, anti-life is bullshit.

power of god given to mortals, more like power of lame compared to big D amirite

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  17. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Well, it was about this time that them Duke boys knew they was in a whole heap o' trouble

18. Blue1ao

Blue1ao I miss sleeping

Episode 61 1st renegade got me so messed up T.T I spent my lunch break figuring out what size a babies head has to be for a c section to be recommended as necessary to figure out the maximum diameter of his junk and I didn't want to I just had to know
    39-41cm is 99th percentile for being bigger headed then everyone else who's usually 33-35cm and is usually recommended for c section or all the drug. So 39cm and up would easily send someone to the hospital but still convince someone they can try

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Xmaster3000 likes this.
  19. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Is "whatever" in this context a Britishism? I would have expected either "however" or "wherever."

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

21. boo600

boo600 Welp

Honestly? I’m surprised that the First has gotten as far as tearing off his hand, if he’s keeping himself restricted to acting like an invinci-human.

The renegade has a history of telling Sinestro to “Garrick!” Upon which he gains momentary Lightspeed-With-Reflexes.

If he just needs to hit him once, and the First isn’t using Reality-Warper-Says-No, then this should be just as easy for him as it was for Paragon.

Xmaster3000 and Prince Charon like this.
  22. Lord Ernest

Does it work on him anymore? His New God nature rejects changes, supposedly, and I recall that the Garrick Formula infusions were affecting him less and less as time went by. So I honestly don't know if he uses them anymore or not.

boo600, Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  23. Ardy

Actually, another random thought, what happened to Jarhanpur. It was cut off from most of the earth, so is it safe?

24. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I'm so, so happy to be back once again! This was one of the few QQ stories I could read, but now I can actually comment or Like posts again! Don't change your QQ email, folks, let the admins work on their fix first.

Well folks, place your bets. Is Zauriel going to appear in the Grayven timeline? He wouldn't be the first angel to make his way down to this corner of hell. This area would weaken him, but I can imagine a scene where he really interferes with this fight.

Also? This is not the first time we have seen anti-life crystals! The Tower of Fate invasion included many crystals... Well, these crystals in hell may contain a different portion of the equation? Eh... Crystals gathered by Constantine could definitely come from Hell.

Lord Ernest and Ardy like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Hellish Content (part 21)
    Mr Zoat

Day 22
    28th March 2013
    09:48 GMT

AAAHHfuckingfuckfuck!

Blood spurts from my stump, splattering three times across the First's face as my heart pumps it out before my armour clamps down.

Agony matrix!

"What's that supposed to-?"

Dual Moral Standard

"FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!"

Okay. Okay. Looks like I can work through this… Ungodly aura thing if I use my New God powers. But is that infecting me faster, or-?

The First falls to the ground, frantically scrabbling to get away from me.

Not feeling too great myself.

"Nice one, Gray." Another robot drops down from the ceiling, Simpson's white-pink aura shining out of its eyes. "How long's he down f-?"

Shield.

A lump of kaahuite-laden stone hits my shield and cracks it, sending me flying backwards until I slam into a pillar! The First.. threw it from a prone position discus-style, and he was still able to get enough force into it to-. He's actually shivering with fear, but that doesn't mean that he's physically weak.

"He isn't. Agony matrixes hurt, they don't cause damage."

"Gotcha!"

The Simpson-robot darts out of the cover it dived into when the First made his throw -good reactions- and scurries over to where the robot with the gun fell. He picks up the gun and ducks into cover as the First hurls a handful of kaahuite chips his way. They smash into the walls and pillars like railgun flechettes, tearing gouges in the brick!

"Fuck me!"

He ducks out of cover and fires back, hitting the First in the left eye. There's the expected gout of gold fire, but the First doesn't seem all that bothered by it.

"We're in Masak Mavdil! You're using a weapon that conjures holy fire in a place definitionally removed from God's-!"

The First throws again, but I spotted it in time to try evading. The rock hits my shield off-centre, breaking the shield and causing a-.

I throw up in my mouth -ugh- and then frantically spit it out.

Causing my stump to flare in pain!

"Oh yeah. John said-" He fires again, this time hitting-. The First manages to grab a handful of kaahuite and used that to block the shot. No golden flare. "-he killed him with holy water one time, so I thought it would work."

"Please tell me that's not all you've got."

"I thought you had-" He fires again, hitting the First right up his nostril. That makes him splutter, but again, no real injury. "-Elle's Wonder Sword."

"It's a short sword and I doubt that he'll lie there while I stab him. If it even works down here."

On the other hand, the First's pretty afraid right now. I use that to fabricate a physical agony matrix which won't do a thing in the hands of anyone who isn't a New God, but I doubt that Father told him that.

Something crashes into the lift, and Stercorax… Steps out of the wreckage, followed by a squad of Satanus's cyborgs who rappel down from above. Stercorax… The place where I cut has been patched over by the same metal as the cyborgs' mechanical parts, and he-.

"YOU!"

The First come up to a crouch, ignoring the putrid green bolts of plasma the cyborgs are shooting him with. Looks like his anger has overcome his fear.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE INVULNERABLE TO ME!?"

Stercorax dashes-. "Stercorax!"

He glances towards me and I throw him the agony matrix. He catches it and accelerates, the First's thrown stones hitting his chest and head and failing to even knock him back.

"Hit him with it!"

"No no!"

The First gets to his feet and runs, while I-.

Ugh.

I collapse to my knees.

"Don't worry! I can make you a new hand."

"Just get my-." I spot my severed hand about half a second before Stercorax stamps on it. I liked that hand. "It'll grow back in a couple of weeks."

New hand.

Certainly, Lantern.

"Do you actually have a plan?"

"Hit him until he dies."

Simpson, Satanus, Rosacarnis-. "Is Neron here too?"

"Him and his people are handling the guards. You know, if you give me the Sword-."

"Fuck off." Ugh. "Do you have a good way to get rid of kaahuite?"

"Tweezers? It's not really a problem for demons." Marvellous. "How about we hold his attention while you stab-?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..!"

"Him?"

The floor in front of us ceases to exist, and Simpson and I scramble backwards as… A thing rises up from below.

"Yeah, that's… That's an abomination. If you were wondering."

Three heads twitching and spasming in agony, two sets of wings which I suspect were once pearly white flapping spasmodically, six arms reaching desperately for something, nails replaced with kaahuite talons, torsos merged and legs… stitched into one tail-like limb.

"No. That's a fist-wound in the chest, and it's down one set of wings. Gabriel. And I guess that the other two are Remiel and Duma."

"Yeah. Pretty good work, reall-."

The monster swoops towards us, talons raised!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"the First's"

Weird that something like that hurt him when he's not a demon.

Maybe it was because he willingly took it in and that allowed it to hurt him.

Nice and simple.

27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'fell'.

Those should be capitalized.

28. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

So, it's a rebellion in Hell, is it? Nice.

29. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

These are Kaahuite, a substance considered 'outside Creation', not anti-life crystals.

30. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Good to see he at least had plans in place for severed limbs. Though that entire forearm and glove are probably write-offs. Still, that's quite a bit of damage taken in the first exchange of blows. He's going to have to do something clever to survive this.

Ah, overconfidence, and a lack of experience with Spectrum constructs. Not a good combination, unless it's embodied in your enemies. :p

Oh look! He can feel pain in this body. Lots of it, in fact.

You'd better be afraid, old Scratch.

Shut up and keep shooting him. All the robots, now, please?

And he's likely to be desperate now, just like a cornered rat.

Problem is, he can pull apart anything that gets close. This will come down to ranged combat and evasion.

...Not in that body, mate. And this is hardly the time. :p

Like the ultimate area debuff. -99% all non-evil damage. Thanks goodness for minimum chip damage.

Renegade's not that used to feeling pain either, is he? And unlike other alt!Pauls, he's not that good at blocking it either...

Here? You'd need an entire lake of it!

Something that's barely a butter-knife in his hands. And again, melee combat with the First? good way to lose something vital.

What if it's super-effective down here, though? Not just killing him and reincarnating him, but killing him for real. No more soul!

Huh, remotely piloted lobotomised invulnerable demon-lord? Clever, Simpson.

It'll be interesting to see. preferably from a safe distance. Like Purgatory.

Ah, nice, the perfect way to keep him pinned down, at least.

Heh. Today's probably the first time he's felt fear that strongly in quite a while, I bet.

Might need to patch yourself up a bit there, Renegade.

And until then, we get to see him waving around a babby hand. :p

...Or he can just cover it with a construct for now.

Good luck with that. It'll be like fighting a Terraria Moon Lord with starting Tin gear. Slow, difficult and almost certainly likely to end with a lot of pain on both sides.

So, it's a general rebellion, eh? Wonder who else is caught up in this?

...Good luck with that, mate.

Bass deep enough to make your bones vibrate... That's never a good sign.

Eldritch or merely primordial, I wonder?

Sounds like the First fancies himself an artiste. Also, unholy metaphysical implications, tin man!

Admire the workmanship later... When it's dead, or as close as it can get.

And now it's a party! The First, cowering in terror at the looming Stercorax-drone. The Renegade and Simpson, ideally falling back from the new guy. And now this Angelic monstrosity, which sounds like someone tried to turn the humanoid angels into one of those pieces of 'eldritch Biblically-accurate Angel' artwork. :eek: What else is going to show up? An Elder God, maybe?