1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

That article says his full name is
    In-story information
    Full nameNathaniel Christopher "Nate" Adams
    Apparently there is a Charleston comics version that's named Allen Adam but he doesn't appear to have metal "skin"

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

And so on. As far as I can see, every entry in the body of the article calls him 'Adam'.

But more importantly:

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I can't recall completely, but I'm fairly certain the Illustres found out about his local version but was too busy with the Hell Earth crisis and then... I don't know, maybe forgot about him? Point is, he did left the poor fellow high and dry. I remember having that as my last thought for that arc.

From what I can see, that's actually the only place where "Adams" shows up. Everywhere else on that page says 'Adam'.
    EDIT: Well, Mr Zoat already showed it.

4. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

Illustres had a conversation with Overman about how his local variant wasn't allowed to keep the ring (and thus none of the Earth 10 locals knew that orange rings users can see desire with practice) and Overgirl was upset that Overman didn't tell her about him (Paul Freeman showed up before Overgirl was shunted to Earth 14).

That's the last we heard of him (presumably he's still writing his own column in the paper)

5. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Huh weird.

6. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wonder how her version of retelling these events will come out.
    "Diana ! An vile alien Warlord has come to assemble a team of heroes uplifted from this world's downtrodden to fight his eviler father!"
    He has a ring but no power source and their experienced combatants took his ring as I recall.

7. boo600

boo600 Welp

8. KyleDaScourge

KyleDaScourge Getting sticky.

I remembered that much, yeah. Him having shown up with the ring was a contributor to how he wound up in nazi prison being regularly beaten and otherwise abused. It was either destroyed or just ran out of power and either way he no longer has it.

Lord Ernest likes this.
  9. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, no. It comes up later. Despite his warnings about the deleterious mental effects they try to have one of their own proper Germans weild the ring with failures. Enough that they just stopped trying. Don't think they let him have it back though.

Also when our Paul shows up they weren't surprised the Ring was still wearable. They just assumed he stole it and showed his true colors.
    Pun wasn't intended.

Ardy and KyleDaScourge like this.
  10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I found an error after rereading this part. That should say "we've".

11. Threadmarks: Justice Segue (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

BOOM!

17th November 2017
    15:35 GMT +8

"Tenzin Cering!" I stride through the portal into the Chinese black site, and because I know that the Chinese are a bit more on the ball with summary executions that the Americans I've come out next to his cell and disarmed the soldiers on guard. No, not soldiers. Some sort of Chinese K.G.B. types? They were armed, anyway, and now they're not. "I'm looking for Tenzin Cering!"

"I am here."

One of the guards lunges for the wall-mounted alarm, and gets sonic blasted by Subjekt-17 until his bones fracture. He falls to the ground with a quiet, high-pitched moan.

"Auuuhhhhauuuuuuhaaauuuhhhh…"

The other guard runs at me and punches me in the-. In the groin armour, and promptly breaks his fingers. He pulls back, shielding it as he tries to work out what to do next.

"Funny thing. Prior to the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the Chinese Communist Party tried to restore order using local army units. But confronted by people handing them flowers, some of whom they knew personally, they weren't prepared to break heads in the way the Party wanted. So they pulled them out and sent in soldiers from rural areas, as indoctrinated as they could find, who wouldn't have those sort of normal human hang-ups about killing peaceful, unarmed people."

I rip the cell door out of the wall and chuck it down the corridor.

"So I'm curious. How much violence have you two been dolling out to defenceless prisoners? Subjekt Seventeen?"

"A great deal."

"A great deal." I bow my head and wave my right hand from Subjekt 17 to the guard. "Oh dear. Then do as you-."

"No." Mr. Tenzin limps out of his cell, face swollen. "Do them no violence. Please."

"Really? I mean, I understand that you're a Buddhist, but I think that a little corrective chastisement might, you know, burn off a little karmic debt?"

"You are here to free me?"

"Free you and load your head with your past life memories."

"Then violence against these people would only be retribution. It would serve no greater purpose." He leans against a wall to steady himself. "Though if you have an aspirin, I would not be averse to receiving it."

Subjekt-17 takes hold of the guard who is still standing and slams him against the wall. Hard enough to severely injure him, not hard enough to kill him.

Mr. Tenzin looks at the fallen guard in concern, then at Subjekt-17. I shake my head. "He's had a rough seventy years. Does the 'no violence' thing extend to Gods of Evil?"

"It does not extend to humans. I try to limit unnecessary violence, but it is not an absolute prohibition." He looks down the corridor. "Please. There are many other prisoners here."

I take a purple healing ray out of subspace and hand it over to him. "Point it at yourself and pull the trigger to heal your injuries. What are the other prisoners in for?"

"This is a prison for political prisoners. Some of them may have committed normal crimes-."

"If you were guilty, there are a thousand prisons in China where they would lock you away." I sigh. "Fine. I-."

"What?" Subjekt-17 glowers at me. "What does he ask?"

"Humans are so evil, Subjekt-17, that they sometimes treat other humans as Subjekts. These human Subjekts want us to help them escape. Do you think we can do that?"

He looks around, the-

Someone in the guard post finally looks at their camera screen and activates the alarm.

-telepathic portions of his brain activating as he takes in our environment. "Such cruelty. Disgusting. Keep them away from me."

I nod. Ugh. I need to get Mr. Tenzin powered up myself, Subjekt-17 isn't interested in rescuing people and Queen Hippolyta isn't bullet-resistant. I'll have to interrupt Captain Adam, which is poor form, but I think he might appreciate something morally unambiguous.

Mother Box, boom tube.

BOOM.

Pin-

Captain Adam flies backwards through the hole and slams into the wall!

-g.

"Ah, are you alright?"

He straightens himself up. "I'm not hurt. I was handling the invisible guy, then someone hit me from behind."

"Can I assume that your training focused on aircraft more than infantry combat?"

"That's fair." He looks around. "Where are we?"

"Chinese political prison. Please break everyone out and send them through-"

BOOM!

"-that boom tube. Allies of mine will have food and medical aid waiting."

"China-. Are you crazy? Even Nixon didn't-."

"You're a man made of silver. As long as you don't tell anyone your name, I don't see how anyone can trace it to anywhere. I speak with an English accent and I'm an alien. And you can't tell me that they don't have it coming."

Mr. Tenzin has finished with the healing ray, so I grab it off him and hand it to Mr. Adam.

"This is an anti-gun. It makes people healthy by shooting them."

"That-. That doesn't make sense."

"If you want to make it an actual ray gun there's a dial on the side." He checks, and avoids touching it. "That's a bit superfluous for you, but I understand if you have a childish desire to play with a death ray."

"Healing ray gun. Sure, why not. How many people?"

Looks like… "Thirty eight."

The door to the next cell along vanishes in a flare of purple. "On it."

I nod. "Mister Tenzin, where do we need to take you?"

"Tibet. My father's temple."

Sinestro, scan for his father.

There is a slight issue there, Lantern.

What? Oh, no. Of course. The Chinese have their own candidate. No matter that forcing past life memories into some random arsehole will at best do nothing, with permanent mental damage being the intermediate result, I don’t want a Party-approved arsehole getting those powers. Though that's almost certainly why they left his father outside of prison himself.

I armour Mr. Tenzin and open a new boom tube.

BOOM!

"Please, as little violence-."

Subjekt-17 walks through ahead of me, and I shrug.

"No promise."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  12. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ahh, the guy that was supposed to be the seventeenth Accomplished Perfect Physician.

"This human Subjekt"

Ohh, like you never said pew pew nouses when you used it.

Embrace the madness.

"that"

14. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

If this is Grayven internally asking Sinestro to scan, no need for an ending quotation mark.

15. boo600

boo600 Welp

Hm. The links seems to have been changed from 1d4chan to 2d4chan, but it still isn’t working.

Ardy likes this.
  16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, the true Accomplished Perfect Physician. The man Yao Fei inadvertently killed before taking his place in atonement. And their sonic-based powers will probably synergise quite well with Seventeen's.

Ow. And he's not even unconscious from the impact...

...Good sense and brave, even if trying to nutshot the giant grey man probably wasn't the smartest idea.

...Controversial indeed. Still, it was a logical, if utterly callous move.

Joy of having a mind reader handy.

Time for some judicious ultra-violence, eh? I bet Sev's happy...

...Ah, spoiled by the man of peace. Also, I'm not sure Sev doing some chastisement will taint your karma much, sir monk...

In other words, empowering a new ally. And a potential super-hero.

Ah, Sev saying 'fuck Karma', eh? I'm sure the fellow deserved it, but show some teamwork, Sev...

I get the feeling master Tenzin will be having quite a few moral quandaries about working with the Renegade...

At least master Tenzin should find this sort of thing much more palatable.

Well, that was an unexpected literary reference there. And probably quite appropriate.

Not a lot of compassion for humans? Get used to it, Sev, you're stuck with them for now.

So, not interested? And he can't even work off some of that annoyance with the deserving guards...

Honestly, I think he might appreciate the break.

"Good timing, it looks like." Quite the entrance. J'onn proving tougher than expected?

To be fair, that could easily have been the invisible guy. But then, I doubt he's had any experience of telekinesis.

Don't worry, Nate, you'll get the hang of super-heroic fights quickly enough.

No doubt Nate's wondering who these allies are, but he'll soon meet them for himself.

Ironically, Nixon did go to China. But I suppose Nate didn't exactly get the daily paper where he was... :p

An ironic way to put it, but entirely accurate.

What boy of the fifties didn't? :p

Not a lot. Then again, that might only be this block...

Another political hot spot. Making quite the whistlestop tour, Renegade.

...Let me guess, someone else being forced to undergo the process?

Which raises the question of what other super-humans they have sitting around, ready to make use of in this universe?

It will be at a temple, after all.

...Hoo boy. :oops:

:rolleyes: Ah, complications. What plan can't they mess up? Let's hope they haven't reached the point of no return in the empowerment process, so they can at least sub in Tenzin. Sadly, I have the feeling the current recipient isn't Yao Fei, who would at least be reasonable about these things. Which will probably result in a super-powered fight. So, get your popcorn ready. :D

17. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'in'.

18. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

You can force it to go to 2d4chan, the issue is that it's a mirror that's flagging with 1d4chan's credentials. Root is unfortunately still MIA and at this point I don't think it matters even if he does come back.

That being said, Meat Cube was a success so 1d6chan is now operational and editable.

Games Workshop on 1d6.

boo600, CTrees, SemiAnarchist and 2 others like this.
  19. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Reports indicate Root took it down on purpose because he didn't like the effect the memey pages had on the 40k fandom.

boo600, Cuchulin and FeepingCreature like this.
  20. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Why do you think he said he understands?

21. Mr Zoat

No, that's correct. There are plenty of other people in the prison who want to escape.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Works for me. Anyone else?

22. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Possibly? I still haven't seen anything official for that and the biggest reason Meat Cube went ahead was just how Root was utterly unresponsive to inquiries from the actual editors.

Anyways, I guess it's neither here nor there. There is an editable iterations running off of the most up to date backup they had while the original site is non-responsive and the mirror is non-editable.

Edit: My bad, I think I see the confusion. Root did have 1d4chan delisted from google so it wouldn't populate in the search results but that was years ago. If he intended to offline it permanently since he went MIA, then that's his prerogative but no one's heard from him in 4+ months.

Regardless, there's a functional iteration that is being maintained, can be edited and doesn't have certification problems that make browsers freak out.

23. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Should be ' Subjekt '

24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

25. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

When I click the link I get a warning that the connection isn't private.

26. boo600

boo600 Welp

So… the site is just down? That’s a shame; I didn’t go on 4chan per se, but I loved their wiki.

Is 2chan some way of accessing it? Because it’s not working for me.

Huh. For me, it just doesn’t load, period.

Edit:
    Missed this the first time around. 1d6 works!

Thank you for the explanation link.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Xmaster3000 and jasonh23761 like this.
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I was rereading and found an error. Since this is Paul talking and it's his plan, shouldn't that say 'I have'?

Xmaster3000 and moralrelativity like this.
  28. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

29. Threadmarks: Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

1st April 1995
    21:55 GMT +1

My giant drill construct bores into the rock, cutting a hole big enough for one of the medium-yield nuclear devices.

"What is this?"

To be fair, Goldar didn't complain about carrying the crates, but it's clear that patiently working through a plan isn't really his thing.

"What do you know about tsunamis?"

"Great waves. I've seen them triggered by ships falling from orbit and striking an ocean. Do you mean to trigger one with your bomb?"

"No. This is a multi-stage trigger. You see…" I turn in a circle, right arm extended. "This entire coastline is poised to fall into the sea. When it does, it will trigger a tsunami that will spread across the Atlantic Ocean-."

Squatt tilts his head to the side in confusion.

I point to the ocean. "That one."

"Errr…" He looks at it, then back to me and Goldar. "I knew that."

"Seriously, how long have you people been here? Which of you is responsible for intelligence analysis?"

Squatt shakes his head. "Not me!"

"Our Mistress can see anywhere on Earth with a wave of her staff. What more do we need?"

"Do you think that Ms. Repulsa might be willing to make more potion? My fiancée specialised in the field. It's helpful to be able to know where the points of vulnerability are before you attack them. For example, the Power Rangers have launched their zords from the same hangar for years now. Do you know where the hangars are?"

"No. Fine. You've made your point." He strikes a pose, clenching his right fist. "It would be nice to confront them at the source of their strength and watch them fall powerless to the ground before ending them once and for all."

I dismiss the drill and replace it with a construct crane, gently lowering the crate into the hole.

"Uh." Goldar and I make momentary eye contact as we brace for incoming stupid. "Isn't this a long way away from where the Power Rangers live?"

"Yes. In fact, this won't directly affect Angel Grove at all, as there's a continent in the way. It will however ruin all of the cities on the east coast of North America if it's allowed to detonate."

"So are we gunna turn it off?"

"No. The Rangers will."

Goldar smiles. "You will lure them here with a threat to North America, and then detonate the bombs when they try to retrieve them? Magnificent!"

"No. If I detonate the bomb, the coast will be destroyed, and that will significantly reduce the economic capacity of the planet. I want Ms. Repulsa to take possession of a planet that is as pristine as possible. The bomb is a lure, and it could serve as a contingency, but the primary purpose is to force the Rangers to split up. Once that is done, I will take the Red Ranger, you will take the Blue and Squatt and the putties will take the Yellow."

"What about the other two?"

I shrug. "Who cares? All of their most powerful weapons and zord combinations require all five of them to be active. They could conceivably draft one replacement, but three-." I pointedly look at Squatt. "Or two, would be harder. And the replacements would have no experience."

"Why those three?"

"Black and Pink have heavier ranged weapons: the bow and the axe's gun mode. Red, Blue and Yellow have to either engage at short range or use their weaker sidearms, and we can all take those."

"Mm." He nods. "A sound decision. But why are you so confident of your ability to take their leader?"

"I'm not. But I know that I'm joining the team late in the day and I want to prove my value. I have a lot riding on this."

The crate reaches the bottom of the shaft, so I dismiss the crane construct and use a bulldozer construct to push soil back into the hole. Wouldn't want anyone tripping and falling down the hole. Workplace health and safety is important.

"Okay, that should do for now. Goldar, would you please trigger the teleportation system? Our next destination is Yellowstone Park."

He looks blank-.

I generate a construct globe and make it with a targetting reticle.

"Here."

"That's not on a coast."

"No, it's over the magma chamber of a supervolcano."

"A supervolcano?!" Squatt.. sort of hornpipes, waving his arms excitedly. "That sounds super! Ah… What do they do?"

Goldar smiles. "They explode, devastating the land for miles around with molten rock and cover the atmosphere of the entire world in choking dust and ash."

"There are four that could be activated with these devices. But I don't want to repeat myself too often. Two should be fine. The teleporter?"

Ring, scan.

Compliance.

The putties go first, drawn upwards for a moment and then vanishing. Then Squatt, then Goldar and then… The space around me blurs for a moment before the universe reasserts itself.

1st April 1995
    14:59 GMT -6

I watch as the putties caper off to form a perimeter.

Data?

Partial analysis available.

Hm.

I didn't detect any mundane power source when I was on the moon base. As far as I could tell, everything runs on magic. And I can't see Rita Repulsa having a super-powerful magic artefact somewhere where she can't get hold of it. Which means that her staff is it. It's powering everything, including the teleporter.

The crystal on my pendant has dimmed. Not a lot, but it's noticeable. Everything I know about my ring and magic energy says that I should be able to siphon it… But everything I know could just be wrong.

Goldar looks at me. "Well?"

"Just considering the best site. It's not every day one plants a fission bomb on a supervolcano. Something to tell the grandchildren about."

Of course, I took medium sized fission bombs. We don't exactly need to place it right in the geyser field. Which is good, because I don't want to encounter any tourists. Given that the civilian deaths so far have been zero somehow it doesn't seem as if Rita's followers actively want to inflict collateral damage, but… Let's not push things.

"Ah, I've got it." I nod. "This way."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    ribbons8, Hell_Yeah, batrax and 123 others like this.
  30. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

Does PR!OL remember the Zeo crystal, specifically its location?

In MMPR S1 and 2, the Zords were launched from different locations each. After that, most of the remaining seasons were based in a single hangar or location each. Of course, the SI might know that and be testing Goldar...

Also, @Zoat, I don't think it was ever mentioned in PR, but in the Sentai Goldar and Scorpina were a couple and by the end of the series they'd had a kid. Just in case that becomes relevant later.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024