• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I think Justice Segue isn't working for me because it's spending a lot of updates interacting with generic DC universe characters rather than the unique versions of the characters who appeared in the DC movies. The Power Ranger one is spending a lot of time with Power Ranger characters, and that's cool and different. Grayven tromping around meeting a bunch of DC comics characters with a background of "experimented on by national governments" is something that could happen just as easily in the main Renegade timeline. It would be much more interesting to see Grayven, for instance, talk to movie Aquaman about how to do the job of being a ruler in a way that brings personal satisfaction. Or dealing with a Flash that's very different from anything in the Young Justice timeline. Or find himself on the backfoot (if only briefly) when old(er) grumpy Batman shows up and surprises him. Or... I dunno, just that if the premise is going to be "Grayvan interacts with the DC cinematic universe" then I'd like to see him actually interact with the DC cinematic universe beyond Hippolyta.

Or... I dunno, just that if the premise is going to be "Grayvan interacts with the DC cinematic universe" then I'd like to see him actually interact with the DC cinematic universe beyond Hippolyta.
+1
I get the appeal of trying to explore what would be the extended cast of DC in this or that universe, but without establishing some link to the original material, I find it difficult to care about all these obscure characters.

Seeing the Renegade fight an alternate version of Thundermind has me wondering how the Great Ten are holding up in the Paragon timeline. Mr Zoat, have the members of the Great Ten done any self reflection after being freed from the Anti-Life? Or are they just trying to go back to how they've always operated?

Wasn't mother of champions drafted by the Chinese government In DC comics, so the use of her power would that constitute abuse prolonged abuse on top of the psychological harm of turning her children into shortlived child soldiers?

I'm hoping Graven offers her sanctuary and she takes him up on his offer. On top of that if she does give birth could the child survive being given the danner formula kinda like a vaccine. And if that doesn't work then a godly awakening could extend the life of any children she has and allow her to raise them.

Yes, as Zoat indicated MoC is a true believer. She is also, amusingly enough, aware that her higher ups are not.

As for can her children's longevity be increased, yes, that canonically happened in the comics.

She was kidnapped by Black Condor's grandfather, who was part of a secret society who were seeking to engineer humans who can fly as the next step in human evolution.

He used his mastery of the biological sciences to change a pregnancy so that instead of pumping out 24 or 25 short lived children, she gave birth to one child with a normal lifespan.

So last she was seen in NE continuity, she had a child that would probably outlive her.

So, I've gone over the story again… and Darkseid - or Mannheim - took Barda. Did Scott ever find her, or is that going to be a thing?

Justice Segue (part 11)
17th November 2017
15:51 GMT +8

Mega rod.

By your-

He punches me twice more before I get my arms into position to block or counter.

-command.

Thundermind isn't as fast as 'peak kryptonian'. I can actually see him when he moves. But he's still a good deal faster than me. On a tactical scale, anyway.

The air hums as Subjekt-17 realises that Thundermind's faster than him as well, and just barrages him with sonic energy. Which only hits because when it comes right down to it Mr. Kang isn't a particularly good fighter. The Chinese government lets him keep a secret identity as a school teacher. I'm not sure if they do it to maintain secrecy or if they couldn't work out how they'd stop him leaving the country if they said 'no', but it means that he doesn't spend time training in his mortal form. And in this world with few superheroes he almost certainly hasn't ever fought anyone in his own weight class.

I pull the mega rod back slightly, giving him a small opening which he immediately tries to exploit.

Mustard gas.

By your command.

And gets a face full of S(CH₂CH₂Cl)₂. He doesn't breathe it in, but it confuses and distracts him even if it.. probably can't hurt him. And then I swing the mega rod, because while I'm not technically super-fast I'm strong enough to pretend. He reacts just in time, taking the hit on his left forearm as he raises it to block, and the force of the blow smacks his arm out of the way and sends him spinning downwards.

And the ritual is… Still in progress.

Mr. Kang catches himself on the air and reorientates himself to face me.

"Do you even know what your government was doing here?"

He studies me carefully. "Learning to use Buddhist magic for the good of China."

"Learning to hijack the memories of a reincarnating soul, which inevitably drives the test subjects insane. Now, individual suffering, sure, burn that karma and reincarnate to a better life. But deliberately interfering with that system to pick and choose which bits of a soul you pass over to someone else? Pretty hard to justify in Buddhist terms."

"That is not for me to determine."

"That right there? That's why you would never have achieved enlightenment without that magic pottery. Loyalty above truth. Herd behaviour above selflessness. You may not live for yourself but you live for whoever tells you how to live."

In the corner of my eye I spot his double zip around Subjekt-17 and punch him where he thinks his kidneys are. Subjekt-17 doesn't react to the pain and spins with his arms outstretched. Mr. Kang has worked out his range and flies back to just outside of it. He looks self-satisfied for a moment, then Subjekt-17 locks his eyes on him and-

**[PAIN!]**

-blasts him in the mind with a little of his own suffering. My Mr. Kang winces a little, but their faux-enlightenment does grant them a degree of resistance to both telepathic attack and pain.

"So sod off, let us finish and I'll kill you and conquer your country later."

"I will not do that."

"A'ight." I heft the rod. "Guess I'll just have to beat you to death, then."

Oxygen to chlorine, ten metres.

By your command.

Everything goes dull yellow, and while Mr. Kang is resistant to poison he does actually need to breathe. I pull back and move around the cloud, forming a fusion cannon construct on my right arm and aiming at the other Mr. Kang who is busy flailing inelegantly at Subjekt-17. That does give me pause. Between my actual training, Other Grayven's inherited memories and however long it's been of experience, I'm not-. I know that I'm not top tier in terms of skill, but the self-depreciating jibes don't ring true any more. I can spot what they're both doing wrong.

I'm already moving sideways as my Mr. Kang puffs out of the chlorine behind me. Not sure if he located me by flying to my last known position and then following the wake or by using some sort of soul sense, but it hardly matters. Line up the fusion cannon and shoot the other Mr. Kang-

Subjekt-17 takes a punch to the throat in order to grapple him in place.

-in the back-

"Ah!"

-and smack my Mr. Kang in the middle of his back while he's distracted. A Slave Will Not Raise Hands Against A Master

**[POWERLESS!]**

My shot burned through the back of Mr. Kang 2's costume and inflicted mild burns on the skin beneath. Subjekt-17's telepathic attack appears to have stunned him, and Subjekt-17 hurls him towards the ground-.

Yes, the mountainside, that's fine. I'd hate-.

Mr. Kang 1 recovers somewhat, wincing as he changes direction-. Alright, smart guy. Undo your multiform technique. Make us fight you at full-.

My opponent touches his other half, and immediately there's only one of them there. They don't merge or run into each other, it's just that the effect that was convincing the universe that he was in two places while also being in one place has turned off. And then he splits again, each version flying at one of us. Then what was-?

The wounds are gone. Either the transformation just removes the damage, or he can pick what becomes 'real' when they stop being separate.

Fine.

Fabricate two kinetic barrier generators and drop them in their path.

By your command.

Both Mr. Kangs ram into the barrier at the same time. Both try and punch their way through while I switch to a laser cannon and fire.

I hit lefty in the face, burning off his weirdly sculpted left eyebrow and reddening the skin. Not as powerful as the plasma shot, but plasma doesn't work as well with the kinetic barrier.

**They got better.**

I glance at Subjekt-17. "Just make sure you hit him in the same place that I do. That should-."

I feel it. I feel seventeen versions of the same face become one, one hand becoming seventeen and still one as it reaches out.

"Never mind." I move the laser across and test my hypothesis, burning off righty's eyebrow as well as they try and work out how to get around the shield. "The man we rescued has been empowered."

"But they are of the oppressors!"

"Subjekt Seventeen, I know it's a complex idea, but… Sometimes people make themselves Subjekts."

"What?"

"Did you look at his mind in any detail?" He shakes his head and I shrug. "Have a go now. He's not going anywhere."

And boom tubes.

Ping.

One tube opens behind us and another opens in the temple for them to evacuate as Subjekt-17 stares at the Thunderminds. Then he jerks and floats back several metres in apparent shock before turning around and flying through the tube. In front of me the Thunderminds merge and split again, with one of them outside of the kinetic barrier bubble. I smile as the outside one -who is still missing an eyebrow- smashes both of the generators. Then I wave and fly through the boom tube, shutting it down as I emerge on the refugee camp on New Gordane.

That's my team finished. Now let's see if anyone actually does anything about it.

Last edited:
So just to be clear of what's happening in the Renegade timeline. Grayven has found that there's not much more for him to do on Earth of his dimension for the forseeable future (literally just needs time for the changes he got in place to propogate) so Luna literally kicked him out of the house to keep him busy. So he decided to travel to other dimensions to help out with whatever main issues the versions are having?

So just to be clear of what's happening in the Renegade timeline. Grayven has found that there's not much more for him to do on Earth of his dimension for the forseeable future (literally just needs time for the changes he got in place to propogate) so Luna literally kicked him out of the house to keep him busy. So he decided to travel to other dimensions to help out with whatever main issues the versions are having?
That basically sums it up. I hope the heroes learn of this at the end so that we can see their dumbfounded reactions.

That basically sums it up. I hope the heroes learn of this at the end so that we can see their dumbfounded reactions.
"You're me taking a walk."

17th November 2017
15:51 GMT +8

Mega rod.

By your-
Ah, super-weaponry. For when your bare hands just aren't enough. And since it's New God technology, it channels his soul to become that much more damaging. So now Thundermind can get clobbered by the concept of Conquest. :D

He punches me twice more before I get my arms into position to block or counter.

-command.

Thundermind isn't as fast as 'peak kryptonian'. I can actually see him when he moves. But he's still a good deal faster than me. On a tactical scale, anyway.
So, a bit closer to just past Peak DC Human, or maybe a slowish Danner Enhancile.

The air hums as Subjekt-17 realises that Thundermind's faster than him as well, and just barrages him with sonic energy. Which only hits because when it comes right down to it Mr. Kang isn't a particularly good fighter. The Chinese government lets him keep a secret identity as a school teacher. I'm not sure if they do it to maintain secrecy or if they couldn't work out how they'd stop him leaving the country if they said 'no', but it means that he doesn't spend time training in his mortal form. And in this world with few superheroes he almost certainly hasn't ever fought anyone in his own weight class.
Certainly, if any of the other Great Ten members are around, he's probably not on their level of combat skill or strength, or even both.

I pull the mega rod back slightly, giving him a small opening which he immediately tries to exploit.

Mustard gas.

By your command.
Ooh, nasty. Use the club as a distraction and poke him in the eye, metaphorically, while he's looking at it.

And gets a face full of S(CH₂CH₂Cl)₂. He doesn't breath it in, but it confuses and distracts him even if it.. probably can't hurt him. And then I swing the mega rod, because while I'm not technically super-fast I'm strong enough to pretend. He reacts just in time, taking the hit on his left forearm as he raises it to block, and the force of the blow smacks his arm out of the way and sends him spinning downwards.
I always prefer the depictions of superspeed that, when you stop being fast, the memories of it collapse into mere flashes of images from the whole sequence because your brain is no longer going that fast... If you'll pardon the pun. :p Still, sucks to be Flash.

And the ritual is… Still in progress.

Mr. Kang catches himself on the air and reorientates himself to face me.
So it's only Thundermind over here. Interesting. Wonder if that's because they lack the resources to deploy more agents, or they simply want to keep something in reserve...

"Do you even know what your government was doing here?"

He studies me carefully. "Learning to use Buddhist magic for the good of China."
Well, when you put it that way, it doesn't sound so bad. Until you look closer...

"Learning to hijack the memories of a reincarnating soul, which inevitably drives the test subjects insane. Now, individual suffering, sure, burn that karma and reincarnate to a better life. But deliberately interfering with that system to pick and choose which bits of a soul you pass over to someone else? Pretty hard to justify in Buddhist terms."

"That is not for me to determine."
Please, don't try the 'I just follow orders' defence, son. That never ends well...

"That right there? That's why you would never have achieved enlightenment without that magic pottery. Loyalty above truth. Herd behaviour about selflessness. You may not live for yourself but you live for whoever tells you how to live."

In the corner of my eye I spot his double zip around Subjekt-17 and punch him where he thinks his kidneys are. Subjekt-17 doesn't react to the pain and spins with his arms outstretched. Mr. Kang has worked out his range and flies back to just outside of it. He looks self-satisfied for a moment, then Subjekt-17 locks his eyes on him and-
Hmm, wonder who's telepathy is stronger?

**[PAIN!]**

-blasts him in the mind with a little of his own suffering. My Mr. Kang winces a little, but their faux-enlightenment does grant them a degree of resistance to both telepathic attack and pain.
I see. Less offensive power, but a degree of ablative defence. Bet he'll still have a headache when he recombines.

"So sod off, let us finish and I'll kill you and conquer your country later."

"I will not do that."
<sigh> :rolleyes: Patriots...

"A'ight." I heft the rod. "Guess I'll just have to beat you to death, then."

Oxygen to chlorine, ten metres.

By your command.
This will not be quick, it will not be painless, and Thundermind will not enjoy his next life, I suspect.

Everything goes dull yellow, and while Mr. Kang is resistant to poison he does actually need to breathe. I pull back and move around the cloud, forming a fusion cannon construct on my right arm and aiming at the other Mr. Kang who is busy flailing inelegantly at Subjekt-17. That does give me pause. Between my actual training, Other Grayven's inherited memories and however long it's been of experience, I'm not-. I know that I'm not top tier in terms of skill, but the self-depreciating jibes don't ring true any more. I can spot what they're both doing wrong.
Kind of reminds me of the Supes/Zod fight in 'Man of Steel'. Kal-El might have been better adapted to his powers, and maybe had a stronger base thanks to his farm-boy upbringing...

I'm already moving sideways as my Mr. Kang puffs out of the chlorine behind me. Not sure if he located me by flying to my last known position and then following the wake or by using some sort of soul sense, but it hardly matters. Line up the fusion cannon and shoot the other Mr. Kang-

Subjekt-17 takes a punch to the throat in order to grapple him in place.
...But Zod was a military veteran, a trained hand-to-hand combatant and tactically proficient. By the numbers he should have been the better fighter.

Teamwork makes the dream work. Or in this case, the beam. :p

-and smack my Mr. Kang in the middle of his back while he's distracted. A Slave Will Not Raise Hands Against A Master

**[POWERLESS!]**
The only way that could have been classier was if the Renegade backhanded him with an open palm.

My shot burned through the back of Mr. Kang 2's costume and inflicted mild burns on the skin beneath. Subjekt-17's telepathic attack appears to have stunned him, and Subjekt-17 hurls him towards the ground-.

Yes, the mountainside, that's fine. I'd hate-.
...To interrupt the ceremony? At this point, I'd be surprised if that was possible.

Mr. Kang 1 recovers somewhat, wincing as he changes direction-. Alright, smart guy. Undo your multiform technique. Make us fight you at full-.

My opponent touches his other half, and immediately there's only one of them there. They don't merge or run into each other, it's just that they effect that was convincing the universe that he was in two places while also being in one place has turned off. And then he splits again, each version flying at one of us. Then what was-?
Let me guess: He heals when he does that?

The wounds are gone. Either the transformation just removes the damage, or he can pick what becomes 'real' when they stop being separate.

Fine.
Well, I hope he remembers it hurting, if nothing else.

Fabricate two kinetic barrier generators and drop them in their path.

By your command.

Both Mr. Kangs ram into the barrier at the same time. Both try and punch their way through while I switch to a laser cannon and fire.
...It may sound a silly idea, trying to punch through, but he's probably never run into anything like that before.

I hit lefty in the face, burning off his weirdly sculpted left eyebrow and reddening the skin. Not as powerful as the plasma shot, but plasma doesn't work as well with the kinetic barrier.

**They got better.**
Well, I see Sev is enjoying himself.

I glance at Sunjekt-17. "Just make sure you hit him in the same place that I do. That should-."

I feel it. I feel seventeen versions of the same face become one, one hand becoming seventeen and still one as it reaches out.
Ooh, trippy. I'm picturing the Doctor Strange fractal hand scene.

"Never mind." I move the laser across and test my hypothesis, burning off righty's eyebrow as well as they try and work out how to get around the shield. "The man we rescued has been empowered."

"But they are of the oppressors!"
Good luck explaining that one to your girlfriend, Thundy.

"Subjekt Seventeen, I know it's a complex idea, but… Sometimes people make themselves Subjekts."

"What?"
Because not all empowerment involves pain. And sometimes, people want the power, whatever the cost.

"Did you look at his mind in any detail?" He shakes his head and I shrug. "Have a go now. He's not going anywhere."

And boom tubes.

Ping.
"Do remember to finish off this fellow, though. Ideally without killing him?" I bet that will be an experience for Sev, seeing seventeen minds where once there was one.

One tube opens behind us and another opens in the temple for them to evacuate as Subjekt-17 stares at the Thunderminds. Then he jerks and floats back several metres in apparent shock before turning around and flying through the tube. In front of me the Thunderminds merge and split again, with one of them outside of the kinetic barrier bubble. I smile as the outside one -who is still missing an eyebrow- smashes both of the generators. Then I wave and fly through the boom tube, shutting it down as I emerge on the refugee camp on New Gordain.
Heh. No doubt he won't be happy about being left hanging like that. Never mind how his superiors will react to learning their little operation failed.

That's my team finished. Now let's see if anyone actually does anything about it.
Small but powerful, eh? bit of an Elite force, then. ;)

So, then. The preparation is done. Now, to see if the Renegade bothers to go for the other wanna-be Mother Boxes, to try and poke the 'good guys' into motion. Perhaps his deluxe-model can help Victor Stone adapt to his altered physiology... Once all the face-punching is done, anyway. On the up-side, it's unlikely that he'll end up levelling a small town for his plan. ...Unless that was the town where they had Subjeckt-17 confined. :confused:

A Slave Will Not Raise Hands Against A Master
Missing a Full Stop.
...it's just that they effect that was convincing the universe...
...it's just that the effect that was convincing the universe...
I glance at Sunjekt-17.
I glance at Subjekt-17.

So, a bit closer to just past Peak DC Human, or maybe a slowish Danner Enhancile.

Or he may have super speed.

Peak Kryptonian speed may honestly look like they teleport sometimes.

Certainly, if any of the other Great Ten members are around, he's probably not on their level of combat skill or strength, or even both.

They also may not be that skill.

In the regular universe superhumans have been around for decades, but in this one it's fairly new.

So it's only Thundermind over here. Interesting. Wonder if that's because they lack the resources to deploy more agents, or they simply want to keep something in reserve...

He was either the closest there, or he's the fastest to get there.

By the numbers he should have been the better fighter.

Though he could have had problems adapting so soon to the super strength.

The only way that could have been classier was if the Renegade backhanded him with an open palm.

The Pimp Slap of the Gods.

Mr Zoat, I just reread the story part where Paul told Amalak that he'll try to see if he can borrow Superman's phantom zone projector after Earth is freed from Anti-Life so that he and what remains of his species can kill Zod for basically dooming his species to extinction. Is that still on Paul's to do list? Or has he told Amalak that it's not happening and that he'll need to find another way to get to Zod?

Edit: Found an error on the story only thread.
I shrug. "Kanjar Ro knew about us already. Looked like they were trying to steal Apokoliptian technology. And I suspect that they kidnapped Tuppence as well, but tKanjar Ro tried that with the Justice League so she's in good company."
That should say 'Kanjar'.

Last edited:
Mr Zoat, I just reread the story part where Paul told Amalak that he'll try to see if he can borrow Superman's phantom zone projector after Earth is freed from Anti-Life so that he and what remains of his species can kill Zod for basically dooming his species to extinction. Is that still on Paul's to do list? Or has he told Amalak that it's not happening and that he'll need to find another way to get to Zod?
Yes, but I doubt that Superman will say 'yes'.
That should say 'Kanjar'.
Thank you, corrected.

The Doctor Is In
I think Justice Segue isn't working for me because it's spending a lot of updates interacting with generic DC universe characters rather than the unique versions of the characters who appeared in the DC movies. The Power Ranger one is spending a lot of time with Power Ranger characters, and that's cool and different. Grayven tromping around meeting a bunch of DC comics characters with a background of "experimented on by national governments" is something that could happen just as easily in the main Renegade timeline. It would be much more interesting to see Grayven, for instance, talk to movie Aquaman about how to do the job of being a ruler in a way that brings personal satisfaction. Or dealing with a Flash that's very different from anything in the Young Justice timeline. Or find himself on the backfoot (if only briefly) when old(er) grumpy Batman shows up and surprises him. Or... I dunno, just that if the premise is going to be "Grayvan interacts with the DC cinematic universe" then I'd like to see him actually interact with the DC cinematic universe beyond Hippolyta.
Alright then.

17th February 2396
14:14 GMT +3

I narrow my eyes slightly.

"That's a screwdriver."

The lanky man with the greasy off-blonde hair opposite me waggles the silver rod with the glowing blue tip at me with a little more vigour.

"No it's not."

I bring my hands together at my chest, bowing my head and sighing quietly.

"Look… Mister..?"

"Doctor."

"Mister Doctor, you're intruding in my office and I happen to know that you don't have either an appointment, press credentials or… Really, any other reason to be here. I'd prefer to humour you rather than calling security, but a dialogue requires two people?"

He narrows his eyes slightly, a decidedly mistrustful expression on his face. But he lowers his screwdriver. I mean, he's still using its sonic imaging setting to probe his environment, but at least he's not pretending it's an offensive weapon.

He takes a moment to look around my office. My public office, I should say. This era's technology is easily advanced enough to allow me to work from wherever I happen to be, but a large and richly decorated room still helps underline my authority.

"So what's this about… Then?"

"If you just want a prospectus, you could have picked one up from reception."

He nods, shoulders slumped as he schleps in the direction of one of the exhibits.

"Where did you get that?"

I make a point of smiling as he nods at the Cyrus Industries cyberman helmet.

"Oh, there's quite a collectors' market in things like that. Only a handful didn't get sucked back into the void after the fight at Canary Wharf in the early twenty-first century, and…" I shrug. "Most people can't tell the difference between the parallel universe ones and the Mondas version."

"You've been studying it, have you?"

"Oh, well…" I make a careless gesture with my right arm. "Briefly, but while it was advanced for its time, the cyber-interface technology isn't all that impressive now. And goodness knows there's no modern market for the sort of emotional suppression technology they used to keep the poor bastards sane in those things. You know, they had no sensation in their skin at all?"

I shake my head.

"I don't think they'd have lasted. Logic only goes so far, and the human brain is.. designed for a homeostatic system working just so. You can't just shut down chunks of the endocrine system and still expect it to work."

"You'd be surprised how many people don't realise that."

Oh marvellous, he's a mumbler.

He keeps looking around the other exhibits. "Not doing any work on them yourself?"

"Like I said, they're out of date."

"No, I mean, the Mondas ones."

"Oh yes." I nod. "Their cybernetic interface technology is far more advanced than everything currently on the market." He freezes. "With cloned organic limbs being so cheap these days it's not really worth it for pure cybergrafts, though…" I shrug. "Some people are into that. You're supposed to call them 'mechanoids' these days. I don't see what's wrong with 'cyborg', personally, but they're the clients."

"That technology is extremely dangerous."

"And that's why we work to understand it before we sell it to anyone. We're not amateurs, here. Oh, and of course, there are cybernetic interfaces for commercial use. Proprioception aids for controlling machines…" I shake my head. "Bit of a mind-bender, but some people can think themselves into a mental state where they can accept feedback from a machine as if it was their own body."

He raises his eyebrows, fidgeting, wiggling his body back and forth.

"You ever try that yourself?"

"Oh, no. I'm all organic." I raise my right hand. "Not that that's a statement on the quality of our products. If you want to see anything in action we have lab tours… You know, in the lab, not my office."

"Yeeeeah, I think I might take you up on thaat."

"Okay." I nod. "Um. Was there anything else? I… I do have a job here."

Then he stops moving, stops fidgeting, stares at me directly and if I wasn't, you know, me, I might find it a little intimidating.

"Are you doing anything else with their technology?"

"We study everything we get, but…" I shrug. "It's not like we have an unlimited budget. Samples of Mondas technology are rather expensive."

"I want to see everything you've got. Everything you've done. And I want to know who's buying it."

"Do you wander into people's offices and demand commercially sensitive information a lot?"

He frowns, then his face relaxes as he contemplates the question.

"Y'know, I do, actually. It's a bit of a habit."

"You might want to watch that. I'm pretty easy going, but it is a crime in a lot of places. You're going to get in trouble."

"Oh?" He reaching into his jacket pocket with is left hand and pulls out a card holder. He then flips it open, revealing-.

I blink as I block a weak mental probe projecting from a small blank piece of paper.

"Am I?"

"If your identification is a blank piece of paper, yes. Telepathic intrusion is a crime in a lot of places as well."

"Well." He slips the card back into his pocket. "You'd know."

I tap my amulet. "I prefer to hide my appearance. I naturally look rather… Intimidating."

"Oh yeah?"

I point to my office door. "See how big that is?" He glances back. "That's for me. Humans aren't speciest, but a big scary bloke is a big scary bloke. It makes things a bit awkward, so it was this or a clown mask, and… Last time I wore that, people screamed."

"A'right. How about that tour, then?"

"Sure. Um, but I'm management, so why don't you go back down to the lobby and I'll have an actual scientist come up to take you around?"

He nods, still clearly suspicious, then with a last look at the cyberman parts turns around and heads out of the office.

I wait until the door is firmly closed before-

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

-I remain completely calm and professional, despite the Doctor investigating me. I mean, this is how you know you've arrived, right? I mean, whaw. And I think I'm good. The cyberman parts are suspicious as heck, but there's nothing actually illegal going on here in that regard. And the low down deal I've got going on with the Adipose is the sort of 'embarrassing if it got out but not actually illegal' thing that acts as a fake goal if he doesn't give up.

Because if he finds out that I'm working on samples of Susan Foreman's hair then I'm proper fucked.

Last edited:
Because if he finds out that I'm working on samples of Susan Foreman's hair then I'm proper fucked.
No, poking his granddaughter is beyond proper fucked and into creative. You would end up like one of the younger two of the family after they pissed off the Tenth.

so it was this or a clown mask, and… Last time I wore that, people screamed."

I like to imagine that it was the birthday of one of his kids and he tried to surprise them and their friends.

Only for it to completely go awry and the parents of the other children forbidding them from seeing his kids.

Trying to hide things from the Doctor is sort of impossible. Nothing ever stays secret around him. You can come up with many overlapping reasons why that's the case from that he is just that good to that the TRADIS always drops in the timeline in such a way to cause that interaction. But it is a long running rules with decades of seasons to prove it.

I nominate this as the new main story.
This isn't a democracy.
Trying to hide things from the Doctor is sort of impossible. Nothing ever stays secret around him. You can come up with many overlapping reasons why that's the case from that he is just that good to that the TRADIS always drops in the timeline in such a way to cause that interaction. But it is a long running rules with decades of seasons to prove it.
He did somehow miss the fact that his clone-daughter regenerated.
BTW, the alternate DC movie Universe stuff is intriguing but a payoff is needed.
I'm working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back