1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
inverted_helix
Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM

inverted_helix

Connoisseur.

Missed Master Basher 's posts for some reason. I like quests having consequences. It gives more meaning if everything isn't easy. Jul 9, 2019

inverted_helix was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM
    1. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      Know it might be meme-y. But really need to Jibril? Or angelic wise, get into Angel Soul Vore at some point. Imagine all those humans given salvation, in being 'one' with her perfect booty?
      1. inverted_helix likes this.
      2. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Hey to persist. With a hell knows how long since this last post.

But I'll owe you a favour on writing. If you ever have your Angel Waifu damn people to eternity within her bowels, as a substitute to VIOLENCE.
        Apr 19, 2023
    2. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      Thanks for giving an old snippet I wrote or so a like. Your angel avatar is ever lovely as always.
    3. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      Any quest or fic worth following right now? Not into Shaper's most recent thing.
      1. Lemonbarb likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        Every time I go over CQ again I find myself cringing.

EDIT: This is regarding the discussion, specifically the endless waifu politics.
        Jul 12, 2023
        Lemonbarb likes this.
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Why? I still really like it.
        Jul 12, 2023
      5. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        Not at the quest itself, but the discussion.
        Jul 12, 2023
        inverted_helix likes this.
    4. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      Did we ever get a response for "how are so many people using sub-TL50 civillian infrastructure when anyone a tenth of our size can go to Alzone and get a huge multiplier to their economic productivity"?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        But wait, P-P fusion only deletes 0.7% of the mass... Our destroyer must convert >130 tons of hydrogen into helium every hour, just to run the main gun. Firing for a week would burn through 22.5 kilotons of fusion fuel, even ignoring other demands.

Of course, that's not a big deal for a ship that masses almost half a gigaton... But it's interesting to think about.
        Jul 20, 2021
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        It's an interesting thought. Though keep in mind that would require continuous firing at maximum rate that whole time. I don't think that's a realistic scenario.
        Jul 20, 2021
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Each frigate was carrying something like 9 megatons of fuel. So the amount going to the reactors would be a relatively small drain on that. Though keeping in mind the most common fuel would likely be methane instead of H2, the actual mass of fuel consumed could be like 4x higher. The destroyer probably has a proportionately larger amount of fuel to its mass, so 90kt is going to be tiny.
        Jul 20, 2021
        Persimmon likes this.
    5. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      Hey, dunno if you're into it. But I've made a long overdue, sincere update on a Vore Jumpchain. And though draft wise, I've given quite a bit of polish since then. I have a feeling that it could still do with some expanded ideas, if possible?

*Also noting, he did a massive polish on the "End Game" Drawbacks.
      1. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Well I feel like the jumpchain format isn't really a good one for this sort of thing, but I am interested. 45 pages is pretty crazy for a cyoa though. (I know a few are longer, but more typical is like 3 pages.) So I'm doubtful it needs even more ideas.
        Jan 13, 2020
        Lemonbarb likes this.
      2. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        In my case (so far.) It just needs polish. (Maybe more/less.) And I suddenly had hit with a brainstorm to make an entire PAGE out of just one companion (or in cases, drawbacks.)
        Jan 13, 2020
    6. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      It's near Christmas, and already I'm half tempted/hued in considering a take on a Succubus Quest myself. Give or take, a possible take on life force/soul sucking here, casual upgrading from draining the traits of others there... :P

Eh, dunno. Maybe I'd do some snippet on this?
      3. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Eh, either way. If in particular detail you want me to do say, something...

Dunno if it'd be a promise I'd keep. But if you have say, a possible 'freebie' grade snippet you may want me to cover, succubus themed wise. I'll see what I can do. ;)
        Dec 22, 2019
      4. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Either way, I'll likely end up reading that quest again at some point, of yours. If only to in nice hue detail, see how you handled Soul Vore/Absorption in general. Inspiration wise. ^,^
        Dec 22, 2019
      5. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        *Edit: Thought I didn't replied here, but I did. So...*

Eh, either way. No promises, but if you have ideas for a snippet, PM me it, especially if uh, succubus focused, and hopefully that will serve as Christmas inspiration for me. ;)

That said, in frank honesty. I find it a struggle thinking of how to do even 'a' sex act well, without flubbing up.
        Dec 22, 2019
    7. Malcanthet
      Malcanthet
      *Attempts Shy Spidery Snuggles.*
      1. hillo315 and inverted_helix like this.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Snuggles yay!
        Jul 29, 2019
        hillo315 and Malcanthet like this.
    8. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      Drunken idea for Soul Absorption...

Help! I'm a Dungeon Core! And I can't get enough Adventurer Souls to sate my hungering addiction for Humanity!

*Cue the adventures of an addicted Dungeon Core. Willing to massacre humanity to have one more human soul to learn/absorb!
      2. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Oh please. Dungeon Town end result. Is it's merely harvesting souls. Er, making it a "cosy fallout" for Monsters to be dedicated in protecting a Bunker, where it's safe... outside of those genocidal empires, and worse; "Adventurers".
        Apr 13, 2022
      3. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Mainly, more bias on the monster cultivation end, than adventurers. But hey, farming logic. On how it could be trying to grow under a "Farmer" mentality, instead of the "Hunter/gatherer" logic. With possible side of "AI Logic/sapience" going... halpful, at best? :3
        Apr 13, 2022
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Ah so you mean with intelligent monsters that also make a town. So that means the monsters would raise crops there and it would actually have farms? It could definitely be interesting.
        Apr 13, 2022
        Lemonbarb likes this.
    9. inverted_helix
      inverted_helix
      Missed Master Basher 's posts for some reason. I like quests having consequences. It gives more meaning if everything isn't easy.
      1. Persimmon and Lemonbarb like this.
      3. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        The RKKV radiator bit is a point I keep overlooking -_-

In regards to being forced to fight in realspace; we can just jump a proportional force to whatever layer the enemy force is in, or if they present a weakness defeat them in the higher layer and gain initiative/positional advantage.
        Jul 22, 2019
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Any realistic attack on a system has to bring enough mobile forces to potentially overwhelm the enemy fleet + forts. In such a circumstances it doesn't favor the defender to engage without their forts for support. So they're forced to keep the bulk of their forces in real space with their forts.
        Jul 22, 2019
        Lemonbarb likes this.
      5. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        They can send token forces and parasites higher, but if they move their main force elsewhere they'll be defeated in detail.

Then to fight them the attackers main force has to be in real space.
        Jul 22, 2019
        Lemonbarb likes this.
    10. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      ASC might be a trap option, given that some of the higher tech polities (than Alzone) wouldn't consider us humans anymore.

Feels like the voters are going to take us there, though, especially with his *nudges*.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        I am worried about it too.
        Jul 9, 2019
        Lemonbarb likes this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Well if you really want to influence the planet results, maybe you could write an omake and then spend a fate point, assuming that system is still in effect.
        Jul 11, 2019
        Persimmon likes this.
      4. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        Any thoughts/comments/questions? Really not inclined to write another omake if this just gets ignored by Shaper...
        Jul 19, 2019
    11. Lemonbarb
      Lemonbarb
      Hey. I can't help but wonder if you'd be thinking of possibly doing some new Succubus quest in the future, so to say? Because I feel we need more honest types of lewd succubi, indulging in their actual hunger.
      1. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        I have contemplated other variants on Succubus quests in the past, though honestly some of my choices in the 40k one mortify me now for how stupid they were.

I've mostly been discouraged from writing anything because I can never keep it up in the long run. I'm admittedly considering a new quest right now despite that, but it's a SFW one.
        May 26, 2019
        Persimmon and Lemonbarb like this.
      2. Lemonbarb
        Lemonbarb
        Eh, either way. In my case, there's countless times and things I'd wish to be able to write. Give or take, either a short/string of stories, or a quest. But alas, real life and voter base can end up well, soiling things.

Eh, maybe I'd seriously go and just make a thread for just random ideas?
        May 26, 2019
    12. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      Are there any other quests like ShaperV's last few attempts? They don't have to be on QQ.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Honestly I get the retconning and balancing. Building a functional game system is *hard*. You can't predict the issues very well in advance. So some exploits have to be sealed up as you go. But so far his retcons have continuously made our build worse without any mitigating buffs. That's what annoys me.

We should get some sort of buff to make up for all these nerfs to our build.
        Mar 16, 2019
        Persimmon likes this.
      3. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        "Well there's a number of answers to this, but most of them could be considered political."

I wouldn't mind hearing your true (however unPC they are) thoughts on this.
        Mar 19, 2019
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Well the main thing I wanted to say was that college spends a lot of time on indoctrination into their ideologies these days instead of teaching you useful skills.

I also feel that colleges teach you a lot of skills that aren't really useful outside of college.
        Mar 19, 2019
        Persimmon likes this.
    13. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      Hey. I shouldn't have to say this, (and it's kind of sad that I have to) but thanks for being rational, reasonable, and well informed (or at least able to learn/debate/discuss) and willing to compromise.

I wish more forumites were like you.
      1. Ddmkm122 and inverted_helix like this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Hmm you might raise that point to him about the automaton.

Though it's also possible that the two ton mech doesn't have any space of the right shape for it. A horse's barrel would allow you to fit a unit of higher volume.

If it turns out there's no power unit either, then I'm going to go with it definitely being wireless electricity instead of electric computer brain.
        Jun 7, 2018
        LOTOS, Ddmkm122 and Persimmon like this.
      4. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        You should add rubber to your list, rubber trees take years to grow, even if we built a giant hothouse for them.

I also wrote up a small sample list of alloying ingredients for specialty steels earlier
        Jun 15, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Hmm don't remember seeing the alloying ingredients list you had.

Rubber is a bit of a point, but we can get mature rubber trees for that, or produce synthetic substitutes. I don't think we can buy and store enough to effectively permanently fill demand like we can with aluminum for instance. Added it to the list though.
        Jun 15, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    14. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      Would you please push Acquisitions to Priority #1?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Nuclear mecha exist, but so do coal fired mecha. Mecha to all appearances don't really require much in the way of power here. For that matter the Russians analyzed his nuclear mecha and deemed them uneconomical. I wouldn't be surprised if the nuclear reactor in the mecha takes up more space than the coal power plant in a normal one given that.
        May 24, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Plus nuclear reactors don't scale linearly to power output, so you can't get 1/10th the size and 1/10th the power. Increasing size increases power output more than linearly, but this also means they don't shrink nearly as effectively for smaller output.
        May 24, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        While true, its not like an airship requires stupid amounts of power as well. Anyways, we've been arguing in circles and restating the same point; the only thing I've managed to push across was that aircraft have already managed to stay airborne (IRL) for over two months.

Let's just agree to disagree (for now).
        May 25, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    15. Irked
      Irked
      Just a heads-up but Jetsmillion is waiting for you to rechoose an omake reward in Slime quest due to slime pocket mechanics causing problems,
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      3. Irked
        Irked
        ah fair enough, honestly i'd just pick the mini one, then work on way to absorb them when their not being used for lewds/floating around in blues boobs to breastfeed clair.

Can see where your coming from though, was kind of a bummer to have it just thrown out like that due to people deciding to spam math at the QM.
        Dec 2, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        I don't understand why he decided that in the end. No one was arguing against the skill, just debating numbers for it.

The mini spell isn't the same at all because it requires Claire to cast it. It's something she decides rather than Blue.

Also loss of ability to act as inventory is kind of sad too.
        Dec 3, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. Irked
        Irked
        Agreed, was a bit out of the blue that he just decided to scrap it seeing as it would of been so useful.

Think part of the problem was that people kept talking about making rooms/dimensions out of it when all we needed it for was prisoner and item storage.... then people started planning out the dimensions of a room based on how many people we can absorb then it just went downhill from there.
        Dec 3, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    16. AngelicKnight.
      AngelicKnight.
      Hey if I invert you again will you become regular helix?
      1. Ddmkm122 and Persimmon like this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        If I'm completely honest I came up with the handle like 12ish years ago and have no clue what I was thinking at the time. So seeking significance is probably too much.
        Oct 29, 2017
        Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
      4. ReinZero
        ReinZero
        Strip it down?
        Oct 29, 2017
      5. AngelicKnight.
        AngelicKnight.
        Eh it's cute and suits you. I like it.
        Oct 29, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    17. Persimmon
      Persimmon
      1. Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
      2. inverted_helix
        Aug 30, 2017
      3. Persimmon
        Persimmon
        G-gomen...
        Aug 30, 2017
      4. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        No problem.
        Aug 30, 2017
    18. Malcanthet
      Malcanthet
      *Gives a hug and deserved apology to for the last update.*
    19. Yurihime
    20. AnalyticalOne
      AnalyticalOne
      *perfectly innocent hug* Well, I enjoy your presence and participation. Self-loathing doesn't really seem warranted from what I've seen of you. Of course, speaking from experience, that seldom matters.
    21. TheFunAddict
      TheFunAddict
      Who is that sexy avatar, by the way?
      1. Ddmkm122 and Takareer like this.
      3. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        She is fine with her beloved fondling her breasts, but is the sort of biblical level power against anyone else. Stuff like parting oceans via sheer firepower. She can be rather terrifying.
        Feb 5, 2017
      4. Mu-Sensei
        Mu-Sensei
        But, but... She's a cute bookworm! (Not a lie.)
        Feb 5, 2017
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        She's got multiple facets. I mean you can still lay out her character in a few sentences, but as many facets as her is fairly unusual.
        Feb 5, 2017
    22. AngelicKnight.
      AngelicKnight.
      How are you Helix? I hope you're well.
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Life continues the same as ever.
        Jun 26, 2016
      3. AngelicKnight.
        AngelicKnight.
        I'm glad to hear that, I hope it continues to do so.
        Jun 26, 2016
        Ddmkm122 and Yurihime like this.
    23. AngelicKnight.
      AngelicKnight.
      Nice avatar ma'am!
    24. a2znut
      a2znut
      Upgrading to Xenforo means more sleeper spambots.
      2. inverted_helix
        inverted_helix
        Quests have had far more voters though, it's not just more people online.
        Dec 12, 2014
        Ddmkm122, Yurihime and AngelicKnight. like this.
      3. a2znut
        a2znut
        Just seems like it, average users online is about the same.
        Dec 12, 2014
    25. inverted_helix
      inverted_helix
      It seems like QQ has 5x or so as many users since the switch to Xenforo. Anyone else get that impression too?
      1. Ddmkm122, Yurihime and AngelicKnight. like this.
      2. Horton
        Horton
        What did they use before?

Frankly, if it was vB, not surprised, vB is shit.
        Jul 14, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.