1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
Fouredged
Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:26 PM

Fouredged

Experienced., Male

Fouredged was last seen:
Viewing thread, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:26 PM
    1. Pinklestia
      Pinklestia
      I miss the silly Dragon Quest.
    2. Zaster
      Zaster
      Hey, man, so how's things looking with Sour Lemons? Really love that fic, and hoping you return to it again.
      1. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        I don't plan to at the moment. I really want to get Bitter Pill to the end I have planned for it so it exists as a complete fic. Sour lemons runs into the problem I had with my early fics in that I failed to plan the end before starting and this stalled out when I got lost.
        Aug 23, 2023
        Zaster likes this.
    3. Lynix
      Lynix
      Ok, I love A Bitter Pill, and enjoyed a book for Godson, do you have any recommendations?
      1. MitchHead likes this.
    4. Ahtu
      Ahtu
      The goal was to give him a chance to render a fair judgement(it's never about what he will do). I do not understand this attitude of caving into authority, or popular opinion on matters of truth and justice. I really don't...

PS. He did give a satisfactory explanation of what he meant, and I accepted my bonk.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        I get that you want to deflect, but when a mod comes into a thread with color text to say stop, you stop. You don't argue or explain. It's not an infraction you should or need to debate. The point is to return the thread to the correct topic with minimal fuss.
        Nov 10, 2021
      3. Ahtu
        Ahtu
        I didn't deflect, I contested/questioned the claim. And when he explained what he actually meant, I aquiesced. So I don't put anyone on such a piedestal, I don't think that's healthy in any sense. On the face of it, I did not deserve the blame he seemingly put on me. But what he explained, I did deserve a bonk for.
        Nov 13, 2021
      4. Ahtu
        Ahtu
        In short, I questioned, and asked for a clarification. And I got it. And I'd encourage anyone being judged to do the same, if the accusations seem inaccurate(as his indeed was, since he meant something else). Never let baseless accusations stand uncontested.
        Nov 13, 2021
        marcah6 likes this.
    5. Solusandra
      Solusandra
      A book for Godson is very enjoyable, but wow, what a mess.

Particularly though, i like how your butterflies matter. Like a derailing train, but without the confusion non-cannon addins and bad tropes of most authors with the balls to go off script.
      1. Lynix likes this.
      2. Solusandra
        Solusandra
        57 pff, Ino was totally ready to beat Dosu. Without his team, she could easily beat him. Possess, break gauntlet, hold knife to throat, tell proctor he surrenders.
        Oct 24, 2021
      3. Solusandra
        Solusandra
        Why go with "you can't push or pull water chakra"? Because it's what everybody else does?
        Nov 1, 2021
    6. kabs
      kabs
      I love your signature.
      1. Danarot likes this.
      2. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        It's from my "Book for a godson" story. It has a Lee/Gaara/Sakura ship.
        May 20, 2021
    7. RichardWhereat
      RichardWhereat
      Had you considered making a jumpchain document of your naruto story?
    8. Obliviated fan
      Obliviated fan
      So uh. Hiatus again? :)
      1. Evilhippy likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Obliviated fan
        Obliviated fan
        I can't speak for other readers, but personally, I'd rather an author just keep writing until they can post in order than put up placeholders between content and come back to replace them later. I'd prefer to do it as an author as well, to be honest.

However, it's up to you what you do. Good luck with work and stuff!
        Apr 21, 2019
        Evilhippy likes this.
      4. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        The problem I am realizing is that I have realized that my natural tendency is to add a LOT of plot points I really don't need to add for the central story. One of the things that I plan to do once I finish is go back through and edit to streamline the plot and cut it down to the core so I can focus in on the plot points that really matter.
        Apr 21, 2019
        Evilhippy and Obliviated fan like this.
      5. Obliviated fan
        Obliviated fan
        That might not be necessary - they might add to the worldbuilding instead, which is usually a good thing. Depends on how you put them in, I guess.
        Apr 21, 2019
        MasterKronus and Evilhippy like this.
    9. Zam138
      Zam138
      I love that signature XD
    10. Kelenas
      Kelenas
      Any chance of your quest here being continued on a longer-term basis?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      3. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Game mechanics are difficult to create and balance and all that, yeah. You could always go for a purely narrative quest style, though. Ie, no mechanics, people simply vote for character actions and you decide on the outcome and write.
        Apr 18, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        If you don't want to continue the quest, though... well, I'm gonna admit that I'd be disappointed, but I'll respect your decision. As I already said - and my continued asking about it probably indicates - I found it very promising and enjoyable. =)
        Good luck with your new story; might take a look at it later!
        Apr 18, 2018
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        If I do continue it it will likely be in the format of creative writing with user inputs. No votes, but an author who reads the posts and has the story react.

I'ma do this naruto thing first. I am more than halfway done with it and I want to reach a solid stopping point rather than devide my attention and lose focus.
        Apr 18, 2018
        Ddmkm122 and Kelenas like this.
    11. Kelenas
      Kelenas
      Merry Christmas!
      Hope you and your daughter are doing well and are enjoying the holidays. =)
      1. Ddmkm122 and MadKeyboard like this.
      2. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        Ugg. All of us are sick. Me, my wife, AND the baby.

I am not sure when I will be able to write. Honestly I am finding it hard to write smut with a baby on my lap. I will post if I find a time and mood, but for now I just don't have it.
        Dec 26, 2016
      3. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Damn. Really sorry to hear that. I hope it's nothing too seriously, at least?
        And yeah, I can imagine writing smut with a baby on the lap or nearby to be a bit awkward, to say the least.
        Dec 26, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Maybe focus on the story first and going "fade to black" for the smut scenes, filling those in later as you find the time?

Though, obviously, your first priority should be to get better, and your family as well. So, get well, soon! =)
        Dec 26, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    12. Kelenas
      Kelenas
      Saw your new quest. Does it mean you'll also go back to writing the Dragon King Quest?
      1. Ddmkm122 likes this.
      3. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Ah. Yeah, that sounds like bureaucratic nonsense of the first order.
        Hope you went and turned those two weeks into a vacation of a sort, then. No need to let some office sitters ruin such an occasion. =)
        Sep 29, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        So, how's things? Adoption went through okay?
        Oct 28, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      5. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        How ya doing? Chance of the quest being continued? Perhaps next year after all the Christmas and New Year's hubbub is over?
        Dec 12, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    13. Kelenas
      Kelenas
      Is the dragon king quest still active?
      1. Ddmkm122 and Psixoz like this.
      3. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Anything I could do to help?
        Jul 25, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
      4. Fouredged
        Fouredged
        Nah. Its just the normal work life stuff. Lots of drama with my attempt to adopt.
        Jul 25, 2016
      5. Kelenas
        Kelenas
        Hope that is working out at least?
        Jul 25, 2016
        Ddmkm122 likes this.
    14. Grimnar
      Grimnar
      Any progress on chapter 8?
      1. Ddmkm122 and Psixoz like this.
  • About

Untested Adventurer

Signature

"FEEL YOUR INHERENT SELF WORTH AS AN INDIVIDUAL!" Lee punched Gaara in the face.