1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Celestial Forge on Remnant

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by RamblingMadness, Nov 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trek

Trek The Ascendant

If you have trouble with high end int perks just veto them. Though keep in mind to understand most forge tech you do need that high int.

There are some more low end int perks like that factorio one but they are rare

Let's hope MCs family unlocks his aura soon.

Blue ocean and RamblingMadness like this.
  2. Blue ocean

Blue ocean Know what you're doing yet?

This is my first celestial forge fic that I've read so I have little to no idea on what any of these perks are but it looks like Jayne is focused on MacGyver-ing whatever he needs.

My assumption is that Jaune is going to be able to build like a death ray or something. Might I suggest a Jaune that can make anything lethal? Like John Wick Jaune is that makes sense. Just having him focus on one time use objects would actually make for an interesting story, like he'd be unable to actually use things for repeated amount of time so he'd constantly be tinkering or grabbing whatever's on hand in a fight.

RamblingMadness likes this.
  3. joesmith1999

joesmith1999 Look behind you.

generally speaking, "intelligence" is possessing a lot of discrete knowledge and being able to rapidly recall it, as well as use it to adapt to new situations ("raw intelligence" is also good at explaining complicated concepts simply). the reason that writing characters smarter than you isnt that big a deal, is that theres a disconnect between perceived timeframes which is inherent to writing: the characters (and also the readers) are working in "real time", while you get to take as long as you want

so if jaune gets a doctorate level knowledge of mathematics, and a situation comes up where he needs to intuitively grasp multivariable calculus, but YOU dont know multivariable calculus; you can take a week reading articles, watching educational videos, and seeking expert advice until you get the perfect response written out; and to the other characters (and also the readers!) it will seem like hes just really good at math

you can take as long a time as you want on a given interaction, but the shorter you spend getting it just right, the more the reader will be able to tell "wait a minute, thats not right." the other characters will react how you write them to react, so youre really just working around your audiences suspension of disbelief

of course, if you get something wrong, Im sure someone here will correct you ;)

Dukeadrake and RamblingMadness like this.