1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Mage's Life (Nasuverse RP OOC)

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by gibbousmoons, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I said that you can either be skilled, or you can be strong.

Look at the costs of spells, I took a whole lot of 0's off the end of pretty much everything with the magecraft creation system. A one-person "kill him with eye beams" spell could be. . .

Juggalo's Revenge (cost: 13)
    -speed: A (+3)
    -scope: anti-unit (0)
    -severity: A (+5)
    -authority: B (+3)
    -description: The mage signs the symbol of the Mirthful Messiahs, and they strike down the unbeliever.

You start with a capacity of 25.

On another note, is everyone in agreement then on splitting into two groups of three? I'll give you the chance to make your own groups now, if you want to.

[] Brutal
    [X5] Vicious
    [X] Shirou

And is there any more input on which city to pic, or are you all okay with using Detroit?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Well, I'm in the process of creating a character, but wait. Is the "Cost" listed for spells the Prana cost, the XP cost, or both? I'm going to assume "both" for the purpose of writing up this character, but if it's just Prana cost, I guess I'll have another 5 XP to spend to increase my Magic Circuits/Circuit Quality with.

Name: Nick Numbers
    Description: A tall, thin Caucasian man, clad in a suit of medieval armor, and wearing a cloak of deerskin over his shoulders and head. His helmet bears the horns of the deer whose skin he wears, and he weilds a sword so large no normal person would be able to lift it, let alone fight with it.
    History: Once a normal (if rather nerdy) man, studying to become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, he stumbled across an extradimensional cafe run by a race of chibi cat-spirits. When he eventually left, he discovered himself in another dimension, where a fictional story from his homeworld was true. So, knowing that magecraft was real, he set out to learn as much of it as he could. Beginning with using a formalcraft ritual to blow his circuits open with the prana of a half-dozen chickens, he then set out to learn as much magecraft as he could. Fortunately, he already had a decent idea of the basics, as well as enough technical knowledge to know how to look things like Runecraft up on the Internet. Unknown to him, he is currently being evaluated by the Wizard Marshall Zelretch as a potential apprentice.

Elements: Wind and Earth
    Origin: "Liminality"
    Health: 1 (improved significantly through magecraft)
    Stats
    - Body: 1 (improved significantly through magecraft)
    - Mind: 2 (improved moderately through magecraft)
    - Magecraft: 5
    - Circuit Number: 10
    - Circuit Power: 9

[X] Mind +1 (2)
    [XXXX] Magecraft +4 (8)
    [XXXXX] Magic Circuits +5 (5)
    [XXXX] Circuit Quality +4 (4)
    [X] Enemy: Minor (Wizard Marshal Zelretch) (-3)
    [X] Enemy: Slight (Neco-spirits) (-1)
    [X] Difficulty: Vicious

Magecraft:
    Nahual Invokation: 1
    Speed: D (-2)
    Scope: Personal (-1)
    Severity: A (5)
    Authority: D (-1)
    A magecraft commonly used among Mesoamerican magi, this spell summons the nahual ("shadow soul" totem animal) of the magus and channels it within the magus's body through the use of ritual garments. In the case of Nick Numbers, this takes the form of a horned helmet and a deerskin cloak, and grants him improved strength, speed, senses, and combat instincts, as well as doubling his magic circuits and giving him the ability to transform into a deer.

Elemental Reinforcement/Alteration: 2
    Speed: B (1)
    Scope: Anti-Unit (0)
    Severity: C (2)
    The basic form of Reinforcement and Alteration, enhanced with Elemental Magecraft. Earth grants the spell improved solidity, as well as improving the durability of the object affected. Air grants improved lightness, as well as allowing manipulation of the objects protential and kinetic energies, allowing improvements in agility, speed, and force, and its intellectual nature improves mental enhancement. Additionally, casting it "wrong" against enemies allows it to function as a debuff of all those traits.

Prana Burst (Rocket): 1
    Speed: A (3)
    Scope: Personal (-1)
    Severity: E (0)
    A modified version of a basic magecraft, this is a version of Prana Burst that utilises Nick Number's Earth and Air elements to charge his prana with Wind elements, and then turn it into plasma jets through the use of magnetic fields generated by magic circles inscribed around his magic circuits. Similar in function to the Jet Method of magic broom flight.

Runecraft Enchantment: 1
    Speed: D (-2)
    Scope: Anti-Unit (0)
    Severity: B (3)
    The ability to enchant objects with magical properties by engraving runes upon them. Notable uses he has put it to include enchanting his belt and gauntlets with runes to improve physical strength and speed, enchanting his helmet with thought- and sight-enhancing runes, his armor with runes of protection, and his sword with runes of lethality and magical power. He has recently begun experimenting with rune-crafted mystic codes to generate light or to toss fire and ice blasts, but has had limited success to date.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. MeatcarpetPrincess

MeatcarpetPrincess Getting sticky.

Sorry, been busy.
    [ x] Group of Three
    [ x] Vicious
    I'll make a more detailed post later.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

As long as you're comfortable with twice the work with 2 3player groups, gibbous.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. MeatcarpetPrincess

MeatcarpetPrincess Getting sticky.

As I said before, I'd rather three to a group for two groups, with vicious as the difficulty. For city, I would like either Chicago, or New York. Though, having never been to any of those places (Chicago briefly, but that doesn't really count), the distinction hardly matters.
    I don't have a particular preference for game flavor either, though my character is more geared to blowing stuff up than other things.

lastly, I forgot to note this, but Estevao is not the heir of his family, he has an older brother. He just lurks more around the house.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Given there's no rules for Crests, none of us are probably heirs to any nice lineages.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Presumably any of the A-rank speed spells you know are the result of Crests or crest-like effects on your Magic Circuits, since they're the only way to achieve magecraft that quickly without using a Mystic Code that casts the spell for you.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

While I haven't asked the GM I had assumed that they would be built a sort of Mystic Code which enhances or flat out contains specific spells or groups of spells. Or possibly contains od and such in the Circuits which make it up.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Kings Enthrall spell is miscosted.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.