1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Divide doesn't just remove someone's power, it steals it and add it to Vali's. That's a shaping attack.

2. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

I just found the new thread, where are we right now story wise?

3. Stroth

Just the first post.

4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ok, Crippling and Shaping attack.

5. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Still no sold by IPP because Shaping.

6. Stroth

You know, I'm kinda tempted to not use IPP even if it does protect against Divide. Running power from Issei's Exaltation through it blew most of Boosted Gear's internal mechanisms right to hell. The only reason it held together was a combination of its own self repair function, Bright's patches and the Exaltation's (considerably more powerful) repair and upgrade functions.

I'm not sure exactly how Divine Dividing would fare with only one of those to help it out. But I'd bet that it would be very impressive, in a 'minimum safe distance' kind of way.

7. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

...it dosn't work like that, it's not running exaltation power through DD, its stoping DD running DD magic through Issei because FUCK YOU if we don't get Epic Attributes you can forget using your super move Vali /laugh

8. Stroth

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I'm advocating not using IPP when we fight Vali because I want to see Divine Dividing explode when he tries to tap energy straight out of a Celestial Exaltation.

TheWave, TmDagger, Sol Mark-1 and 2 others like this.
  9. EternitynChaos

Err, I'd rather not have a face full of Albion if I could avoid it thanks, that's right up there with alien wing-wong for things I'd like to avoid a face full of /laugh

TmDagger likes this.
  10. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

It's bad enough that the next words out of Vali's mouth after we no sell his divide will probably be the chant for Juggernaut Drive.

if canon Ise can excite Vali to the point he'll ignore
    Albion and go JD then we'll definitely excite him to that point.

TmDagger, Sol Mark-1 and kinglugia like this.
  11. Stroth

Yeah, but if pulling energy from an exaltation does the same thing to Divine Dividing that it did to Boosted Gear then he'll lose access to Juggernaut Drive. And Balance Breaker for that matter. Nothing says Fuck You quite like breaking someone's superweapon without even trying.

12. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Vali trying to absorb Soalr Essence would probably end badly no matter what. DD would likely break trying to handle the stuff like ours did, Vali himself could either half-caste or pop like pimple, because I imagine Celestial Essence would be a slight bit worse about that than Celestial MAs.

13. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

...when did we get to the family house? I missed something......
    *just finished reading page 1 update*

14. EternitynChaos

problem with that, is if we break DD, we Kill Vali, that's a thing, Sacred Gears are Soul Bound and all so if one goes Boom so does the other, and I don't hate Vali anywhere near that much, he's actually kinda amusing, besides we need someone to fight against thats able to at least give us a work out, his Grandfather on the other hand, considering he probably won't be able to copy BG with our solar BS mixed in is totally fine

TheWave, Deathwings, ZipLopz and 4 others like this.
  15. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Vali is actually a pretty decent guy all things considered especially when you consider fucking Azarael is his father figure and probably the best parental figure he ever had.

ZipLopz, TmDagger, kinglugia and 2 others like this.
  16. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Still not sure, since IPP only effects us and our equipment, and the Shaping part will only effect Vali.

Also, may be ruled a straight Crippling attack.

MHLord likes this.
  17. EternitynChaos

considering Alexander had us start with IPP I doubt it, seriously it would completely defeat the point of the quest being set to Easy if IPP didn't no sell DD, that was part of the whole point of picking what the difficulty would be, along with if any other exaltations would show up *easy means no other exaltations btw*

TmDagger, kinglugia and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  18. Stroth

We broke Boosted Gear without killing ourselves. That might be because the Exaltation held us together, but it might not as well. Sacred Gears are integrated with a soul so well that removing it fatally damages the soul, but they're still two distinct things. Damaging one doesn't necessarily damage the other.

19. EternitynChaos

no, no we didn't break Boosted Gear, if we did we would be dead, that's the whole point, and it was our exaltation that did that not our Essence, otherwise guess what Ruby and Yang would be having trouble with there Sacred Gears as well, and they are not

TmDagger likes this.
  20. Stroth

No,
    we broke it dude. Not irreparably, but it was definitely broken.

21. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

Please quote one thing that says that the Boosted Gear is "Broken". Until you do I'll hold to the idea that it was simply Changed by Issei's Exaltation... which, by the way, is a cannon aspect of Sacred Gears in general. Gears adapt to their Hosts and Issei, as a Twilight, was sufficiently different from a normal Human or part-Human that it required a complete and rather drastic Transformation in many ways. That's not Broken, that's an Upgrade.

Webster defines "Broken" as "having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order." The Boosted Gear still works, albeit differently, thus is is not Broken.

22. SkySkimmer

SkySkimmer Getting sticky.

That sounds kinda mean. Do we have a reason to want to hurt that guy?

23. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

It isn't broken right now because it has been repaired. The point remains that it did break.

24. EternitynChaos

at the most it needed a soft reset /laugh, not once did it fracture or break, if it had Issei would be dead

25. cross_grave

But it was disabled. Issei was literally unable to use it and when it jump-started again, it did so in a rather unpleasant fashion - as in, a rough experience. Ergo, no longer in, as the quote puts it, "working order". Just because something didn't explosively fly apart, it doesn't mean it ain't broken.

kinglugia, MHLord and Least Devotee like this.
  26. Undying Litch-King

The fact that Issei isn't dead, however, does. This is cannon, and was mentioned when Cannon!Issei stabbed the Boosted Gear with one of Divine Dividing's gems, with him being warned that it nearly broke and that he would die if it did. Ergo, it didn't break. I won't deny there might have been some strain on it, however, leading to preventative maintenance, but it never completely broke down. If that's not enough, than please show me a quote where Alexander wrote otherwise.

27. cross_grave

Last part of the Ryozanpaku arc. Bright herself states that Issei's exaltation damaged the Sacred Gear while purging the curse. Can't seem to quote it using forum quotes since the thread is closed, so you will have to refer to the page yourself to verify it I think. I'll put the relevant part down here anyway. And you will recall that the Gear completely failed on us in that arc's last battle.

"I told you once, right? The Exaltation burns away all defects from the host at the time of the Second Breath." Bright leans forward, one hand sliding down her shapely leg. "Probably due to its uncertain nature it didn't remove Boosted Gear, but it registered the curse as such and so it purged it. However, by doing so it damaged the Sacred Gear quite badly."

MHLord, Sol Mark-1 and kinglugia like this.
  28. Undying Litch-King

I see your point and I believe I understand where we're failing to understand each other. I don't deny that a Sacred Gear can receive damage, as I mentioned before about strain and preventative maintenance, but I maintain that it wasn't completely broken (or, if you prefer, "shattered") as Issei survived the event. Now, if you like, I suppose we could postulate the existence of some sort of automatic system that shuts down a Sacred Gear if it crosses a certain damage threshold, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go on this subject.

I'll also point out that it wasn't Issei's Essence that did the damage, but rather an automatic effect of his Exaltation, and as such Half-Castes and other Enlightened are unlikely to see anything similar happen to their Gears.

29. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Alexander, what happens if Vali uses Divine Dividing on us, and we do not have Integrity Protecting Prana active? Will said Sacred Gear break/shatter/??? when Solar Essence goes into DD?

30. EternitynChaos

IPP automatically activates when something happens that requires it, it's a thing, automatic defences are you know, automatic

AZATHOTHoth, Sol Mark-1 and kinglugia like this.