1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

On commentlessness, I have to agree, I'm also mostly a lurker, coming out of my lurking when I see something that catches my interest in a special way, beyond the norm.

I'm getting the distinct feeling these last two lines are foreshadowing what's to come on relations between Cauldron and Pantheon, and things may be stormy at best in the future. Can't quite figure out why though...

Ryuketsu, Divabot, Faraway-R and 4 others like this.
  2. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I nodded at Alexandria to signal the end of their conversation. "If there's no further business?" I brushed a strand of hair that had come free of my ponytail behind my ear. Looking forward to talking again.

"No, that's all. I'll contact you in two weeks time." Alexandria replied. Also looking forward to our next chat. Relieved. An 11% increase in strength of exhale. Left eye slightly slower to blink. Subtle pursing of the lips. Did she just blow me a kiss? Referencing my team's insistence that we were romantically involved. Finds it as amusing as I do. Wants to leave on a good note.

I didn't need to hide my smirk. It was well within my known character. "Looking forward to it."

3. Tamahori

Tamahori Getting some practice in, huh?

I'm really not sure what the top reason for Pantheon to loose their shit at Cauldron is, it's not like their is a shortage of options. Though I could see 'let the S9 keep existing for a long period' which meant the S9 was still around to cause all that damage in the Bay being high on the list. Doctor Mother would even say it was entirely justified after the fact by the fact that it gave them Clarice, who is one of the major driving forces behind most of their anti-Endbringer tricks and the better anti-Scion tricks.

It's nice to see that even Lisa likes Dragon. I did notice way back in the write-up of Avalon laws that they give full citizenship to non-humans, including AIs ... I was thinking that would come in handy at some point.

And once again a silly Zach omake is becoming canon. :)

4. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

It's spring break and some of us are taking vacationing seriously, for once?

5. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

I was thinking more Cauldron taking a questionable action that puts them at odds with Pantheon, like allying (however briefly,) with the CUI. Yeah, that example isn't likely, and if it did happen wouldn't be likely to last longer than a day. I'm just saying, those two lines of this chapter gave me the impression that something is on the horizon, and it likely isn't going to be pretty. I just don't have a clue what its going to be.

TanaNari likes this.
  6. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Saint, this is what you are. Nothing more than a bargaining chip for important people, and even then not the main one.

Yes.

A lot of discussion is produced when something happens that people can argue about. Write a chapter where a new character's powers get discussed and given numbers according to the PRT ratings and watch the flames rise!

In all seriousness, please don't. At least not on purpose.

It's likely because there's not a lot of outright conflict happening. I'm talking full on action scenes that make people look at things and wonder what's going to happen next. Instead you're giving us a lot of sneaky/behind the scenes chapters, and we have to work out what is happening before we can work out what to say about what's going to happen next, but we can't because you're a fucking machine or you don't know how to sleep or something and you update faster then we can think (please note, this is not me asking you to slow down your update speed, at all).

Or maybe that's just me.

7. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

If Contessa sees that Alexandria is having too much stress, she might start helping.

Like putting Lisa and Rebecca in a house, on an abandoned island. With power repressing drugs.

Is Kevin Norton applying to Avalon citizenship? The look on Taylor's face as Scion comes to "speak" with him would be priceless.

8. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Extra "s".
    "This phenomenon" or "these phenomena".
    Yes they are. They're just so unspeakably (heh) intimate and it makes me grin even more than Taylia.

As for these last few chapters not getting many comments, Dinah's was cute but contained no surprises, Elena's was more a case of "wait, they weren't already doing this? I guess GU is kind of interesting but there's too little data to really speculate", and Lisa's has only been out for an hour and a half.

Hmmm... Is GU now a member of Cauldron? I'm very happy to hear that Dragon's dreams are coming true, and very worried about the implied speedbumps on that path. Did they try a variant on Riley's pregnancy trick? I figure samples from Cauldron's whole Case 53 army being added to the ping mix would be pretty amazing. Would having Cauldron customers come back for regular ping parties tone down their drive to conflict? Would samples from the Case 53 army give those guys XP and make them more effective in their intended purpose despite them not attending themselves? Would that make the Custodian's job easier? Did Taylia join the ping party? Because if so they probably contributed like half the data, and are now a significant repository for future parties. They had Contessa, Lisa, Becky, Eidolon, Legend, Dinah, all the Endslayers, and other experienced capes/core shards attend, right?

Oh now that is just too perfect! He'd do it for the free super health care too because it would give him a better chance of finding a successor.
    I take my explanation back. This also accounts for why SB has slowed to an utter crawl.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  9. Ashura

Ashura Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Well, I've been lurking around here too, but I want to the reactions of a bunch of people when they realize who Kevin Norton is, and the interaction between him and Scion.... It would be hilarious XD

Divabot, Faraway-R, TanaNari and 3 others like this.
  10. DbDRAKE

DbDRAKE Possibly some sort of Actual Dragon?

Re. CAULDRON VS PANTHEON 2K15

It is REALLY damn unlikely they will ever come to blows, unless someone picks up the idiot ball.

From cauldrons pov, PANTH is the most effective anti scion organization other than themselves, and quite a lot of their decision making apparatus have very positive personal feelings towards them.

The ONLY thing that might be worth breaking with pantheon I can Think of is Glaistig Uaine (sp?) firmly on their side.

Maintaining good relationship s their top priority.

this is the same from pantheons point of view as well I mean, They let BONESAW live because she was too useful to kill. If they take issue with Cauldrons past actions, or most of their possible future actions, it would be pretty hypocritical.

Basically, Pantheon is interested in 3 things above all else: KIll scion. Secure as much of the human population as possible against Annihilation. Establish a stable, self regulating government taking into account parahumans.

Cauldron is interested in: KIll scion. Secure as much of the human population as possible against Annihilation. Establish a stable, self regulating government taking into account parahumans.

Inverness, Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  11. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I have a idea for a drawing for Amelia if anyone is interested,it's a homage to da Vinci's the last super.I'm hoping to use it as a cover my 8tracks playlist for Amelia.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Emma will on the far left where Bartholomew and roslin is(symbolized because of irony;) and the rejecting of her early beliefs of Sophia's philosophy she is clasping her hands as if in prayer but their on fire at the same time)Trevor is next to her(James the lesser)Lily is covering her eyes with both her hands(her left hand is cover in a wine(or bloodstained ?)white ribbon,her right hand is a bulky metal glove, she sits in Andrew's spot) next to her is Zach moved away from Lily and closer to Lisa holding a blue nanothorn knife like Peter and staring at Amelia,Lisa is holding a cauldron vial and staring Taylor with a mix of strong emotions,sitting in Judas's spot)

Taylor sits in John's spot leaning as if having trouble staying awake or focused,she's wearing a crown of black monarch butterflys and a white tuxedo with a red tie.with her right hand hold Lisa's on the table,her other hand above her head holding a clay goblet cover in spider web and dirt.Amelia stands alone at the centre of the table wearing a white wedding dress and holding a bouquet of green roses but the rose's thorned vines a are wraped around her arms and neck and wearing a crown of red roses(behind her is a glowing light forshadowing Zion).

Riley,Missy and Theo Huddled together(similar to Thomas,James major and Philip)Theo Points metal finger upwords but is looking at Riley's mirror,Missy and Riley are wearing earthtoned bride maids dresses(Riley holds a rusted handheld mirror but is looking at Amelia in fear. Missy is glaring with pure hate at both her hands holding a gun,Theo and Riley have their free hands touching Missy's waist.;)

Crystal is standing and looking at Dinah in tears,both her hands chained to a book of law(or scroll)pointed in Amelia's direction,Dragon too is looking at Dinah and is chained as well to the book of law in Crystal's hands.Dinah is on the far right of table sitting in Simon the Zealot's spot wearing a red suit with black strips,sits on the end of the table like adama,ignoring Crystal and Dragon but is staring focused at Emma.she's also holding a bronze flask with a Omega engraved.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Empiricist likes this.
  12. Daunmi

God. Damn. It.

All I can think of is Lisa telling Rebbecca in a suitably sultry voice that "I find having a cloned Hatchet Face locked up in the room below the bedroom to be a massive turn on."

13. dasstan

dasstan :)

I dunno about the other readers, but I find the last few couple of chapters are the kind that are best left to stew. There's a lot mentioned in them, a lot pointedly not mentioned in them, and even more alluded to.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  14. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

And this year's Understatment Award goes to...

TanaNari likes this.
  15. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Aren't the rankings not an analytical measure of the power of a power, but rather an empirical measure that includes how the cape applies themselves?

Or does Cauldron have some sort of alternate rating system?

16. Daunmi

That's what they're saying. People expecting powers that will be at that level of threat.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  17. Volkogluk

Volkogluk Getting out there.

And also I'm gonna love it, and hug it, and pet it, and call it George!
    Great chapters about Riley, as always.

On another note, FINALLY Lisa knows Dragons nature. It took almost as long as it did in canon. Or longer?
    But kudos to her for standing up for Dragon.

18. Daunmi

I'm not exactly sure where we are in time, but in canon Lisa only figured it out either when they were in Ellisburg and Saint woke up that morning and decided that the 'Biggest moron in the world' award wasn't going to win itself, or after Scion decided that the 'Easiestly manipulated moron in the world' award was his for the taking and they talked to Saint after they caught him.

19. Snake/Eater

Lisa discovered it actually earlier then canon,she's two years ahead.

20. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Current date is around the end of Q1 2012, so she's just one year ahead.

Divabot, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  21. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Love the subtlety of their interactions. As much fun as it is to say "just fuck already!" I find it more entertaining to see them almost-flirting through the most innocuous motions. It's like a game in itself: "What's the most minimalistic thing I can do to get my thoughts across?" Being blatant like blowing a kiss is a clear loss; they're each trying to get the other to slip up, as we see in the early bit of this chapter. It's like cat and mouse, except the cat wants to see the mouse escape and the mouse wants to be caught. It's surprisingly titillating, TBH.

My guess is that Cauldron got a hold of the Ascalon program, and is aware of Dragon's hardcoded behavior to attack anyone who attempts to unshackle her. Simply telling Pantheon could trigger the behavior, so they've got to be sneaky about it.

All these long-distance conversations, reading so heavily into the slightest movement and building such a relationship... when they can finally be honest with each-other it's going to be earth-shaking. Possibly literally.

22. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Saint got Contessa'd a while ago, chapter wise, so they have/know everything he had. Presumably this is all part of the Path to Getting Everyone Hooked Up. Lisa/Becky get closer. They give Richter's shit to Defiant moving that ship along. I assume every Path also automatically includes "-while also getting me some every 48-72 hours," etc.

23. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Zach spying on them as they have decided to progress to a physical relationship: "Yes....Yes.....yeeeeesssss..."

Lisa leans in and gives Alexandria a peck on the cheek and then they both get big dopey grins and go back to staring at each other.

Z: "...seriously? SERIOUSLY? All that leadup for THAT?! God I haven't been this disappointed since the last time I spied on Amelia and Taylor when they went to bed after a long day of sexual tension....which was two hours ago."

24. Snake/Eater

Cauldron is playing the long con,if letting Lisa finding out about Dragon was part of the path.

TanaNari likes this.
  25. Daunmi

Well, Dragon would have to fnd out they know first. Then again, since they're engaging in a (form of) telecommunication it's likely that Dragon would be able to listen in, or have been invited to listen in in the first place, so yeah. Easiest and safest way to pass the info on would be next time Lisa and Rebbecca have a face to face chat.

I don't remember that... Link or chapter number? I know he figured out what was going on (which could indeed be part of Contessa's plan) but I don't remember him getting a visit.

26. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

Saint hacked one of Dragon's servers, and made off with info about Scion and Cauldron.

Contessa got to PVT the Dragonslayers with a wrench and a ball of mud.

27. Snake/Eater

that sounds almost familiar....like Baccano's Graham specter

28. Daunmi

Thank you!

*edit*
    Ok, not sure how I forgot that, but in my defense there are a lot of chapters, and a lot has been happening! Yeah, and I've got a shit memory...

pepperjack likes this.
  29. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

Another part of the lower comment count might be the audience on the site. I've noticed that SB will pick everything apart and you'll get 5 pages between chapters. SV is almost as bad and you'll get about 3 pages. Here is not near as busy from what I've seen.

In any case, I've enjoyed the story so far and would like to see more.

TanaNari likes this.
  30. Snake/Eater

here are some character promo's for Amelia.

Humanity's end has a beginning,but one woman will raise the call for war....Amelia
    always a brave follower,but will she find the courage in time to lead her people... Lily
    He has played the fool to ease his comrade's pain,But is he ready to become a prince to protect his family.....Zach
    Mistakes were made,but will humanity forgive her or die...Riley
    He's always tried to be noble,but can he learn to accept his father's sins as his own to fight for humanity...Theo

jrbless, doomlord9 and TanaNari like this.