1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The majority of American names are foreign.

2. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I mean, the entire purpose of the tour was an extension of them tricking everyone, so yeah I figured. The post was mostly me thinking out loud trying to figure out what their angle was.
    You don't need a rational reason to want a few dimensions between you and 15 EBs.

3. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

On the other hand, it is Pantheon, they basically stated out as a S-class threat and escalated from there.

4. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

I'm sort of surprised that Switzerland still exists to the degree where it warrants an ambassador. Wasn't the whole country basically burned down by Zizbombs and the following genocide-masquerading-as-containment?

Tenebrous Fantasies and TanaNari like this.
  5. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

Please tell me they are keeping the Endbringer in a Shatterdome, just so I could imagine that when world ending scenario arrive, massive gates open and released the Endbringer while Pacific Rim theme song was blasting in the background.

6. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Loved the chapter.

Call up the Chinese ambassador, and give him a private tour. "Now, we have no idea who attacked, and nearly killed the woman who destroyed Leviathan, and is now related to the Japanese royal family by adoption, but we will keep looking. If they stick their heads up anywhere, we will find them, and we will send all of our Endbringers after them. All of them. At once."

Ambassador: "... why are you telling me this?"

Taylor: "Oh, no reason. Just thought you might want to know. For, you know, peace of mind."

Ambassador: " ... oh."

7. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I look forward to jealous Taylor. In theory it's sound too distract with eye candy, but little do they know that Taylor is a just Ameliosexually curious instead of gay.

It will be glorious.

8. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

That's the joke, yes.

... Mother! Fucker! Alright. Some chapters need some serious fucking edits.

They are now.

9. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 374- Taylor
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 374- Taylor

I woke up alone in bed. Huh, Amelia got up early? That never happens. AmusementAnticipation. Uh oh. Why would? Ah, right. Dammit. Sorry, Amelia, you knew you couldn't keep this from secret from me long enough, anyway. ResignationDisappointment.

I got up and immediately took a shower, wondering when exactly it was that I got used to bathing with the Yggdrasil's water supply. I had to admit, the minor adjustments Clarice had Amelia put together for the water's chemical content did wonders for my hair. And hers, too. Like a conditioner built right into the shower. After drying, I briefly glanced at the underlayer for my armor. These days, I tended to wear that instead of normal clothes. I reached over, then stopped. Eh, screw it, this is a day that calls for something special, even if I'd rather skip it. Normal clothing it is, then.

I stepped out in the main area to where my friends and family were gathered to give me a 'surprise'. "Happy birthday!"

I smiled sheepishly, noting the individuals in the room. Amelia, naturally. Then Dad, Missy, Theo, Zach and Emma. I noted a conspicuous absense of Lisa, or for that matter any member of Amelia's family. "Sorry I ruined the s-"

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted at once, including one voice from behind that I did not know was there.

"GAH!!!" I stumbled forward as the weight of a body slammed into to be from behind. Arms and legs wrapped around my torso in an inhumanly tight hug. AmusementSuccess.

"What the hell, Clarice!"

She dropped off and ran into the room. "See, told you it'd work! Now pay up." The girl smiled so broadly I half expected the top of her head to fall off as Theo and Missy each kissed one of her cheeks.

Amelia reached over and ruffled her hair. "Okay, fine, you win. You can stay up an extra hour. But I better not hear anything about you being groggy and messing up your work tomorrow."

I stood there, forcing my heartbeat down to something less than that of a hummingbird. I glared at Amelia, she pretended to look ashamed, even pouting a little. Neither of us meant any of it. I started walking toward the group, slowly beginning to smile. "Okay, you got me. I admit it. But just so it's clear, I will have my revenge. I won't tell you what that revenge is going to be, but chances are high that hornets will be involved."

Amelia hugged me, then let me go so Dad could have his turn. "Happy seventeenth birthday, kiddo."

"Just one more to go before we finally get to see you in a dress!" Zach cheered. "Or are you going to be one of those boring lesbians who wear a suit on the wedding day? Because that is totally lame and you should set a better example for your planet."

Wedding? What- Oh fuck, that's right, The Wedding. ConcernApprehensionHurt. No! Oops. I looked over at Amelia. "I just realized we have made exactly zero plans for that. It's always been 'Endbringer' this and 'founding your own nation planet' that. Not enough time to do all the things we have to do, let alone the ones we want."

ReliefGratitudeLove. Amelia smiled nervously. "Well, now that the Endbringers are dealt with, we'll have some spare time. Weddings can't be that hard to figure out compared to a war every month and interplanetary politics, right?"

Dad put his hand on Amelia's shoulder. He'd never removed the other from mine. "Oh girls, I am so sorry."

ConcernSuspicion. Well, that's ominous. "Dad, don't tease like that. We'll be fine and you know it. We don't even need a big ceremony. Immediate friends and family only. I guess we'll have to worry about some cameras, because people are going to want to watch. Yeah, definitely sticking to a small ceremony. Let everyone see that you can have a proper wedding without spending absurd amounts of money." AgreementSupport.

Amelia leaned into me and hugged my arm. "Yeah, I think I like that idea. Something small, quiet, doesn't take a million years to finish. None of that celebrity guest stuff. Vicky's going to hate every second of it."

I smiled down at her. "That's a benefit I hadn't considered."

"You just want it over so you can get to the honeymoon faster." PleasedCaughtEmbarrassed. "Now are you planning on dress or tux? Inquiring minds want to know. Remember, you can wear a tux any time you want, but your wedding dress is a once in a lifetime thing. Or Amelia will kill you."

AmusedAgreement. Amelia's eyes narrowed a little. "Death do us part, right?"

"Not even that." I kissed her forehead and I could feel her happiness as she pulled close to me. "Okay, I think you've sold me on the dress."

A child's voice cut in. "Plus one hundred and fifty relationship points. Also a spillover of twenty points for everyone who has a significant other in the room."

Theo sighed. "Zach, remind me to find a way to thank you for introducing Clarice to dating sims. No, seriously, I mean that. It's like she comes with an instruction manual."

Missy laughed. "It's true, she's basically a living, breathing window into the female psyche. I'm learning things that I never knew I didn't know." She patted Clarice on the head. "Your quirks make you adorable."

Dad gave me a sidelong glance, as if to ask what was going on with them. I simply shrugged, no sense in trying to explain that situation. Dad was too old to really get it anyway. Especially not when trying to talk through gesturing.

Clarice beamed. "That's only worth five points because you've already used it three times this week."

"See. Mix up the compliments and they work better. I did not know it worked that way. But now that it's been said out loud, it all seems so obvious."

RealizationPlayfulness. "Hey, why is it Taylor you're asking about dresses? Maybe I'd like to be the one wearing a tux!"

I squeezed her. "No you don't. Everyone knows it. You're going to need like eighteen people and an antigrav device to help carry your dress."

"Yeah, I know." She nuzzled against my shoulder for a moment, then stepped away to look up at me. "So enough being distracted by stuff that has to wait at least another year." AnticipationHappiness. "Let's talk birthday presents!"

Oh boy, this'll be fun. What are they even going to be able to get me? "Okay, we can do that. What are you getting me?"

She kept smiling. "You get half ownership of a continent."

"How does that count as a present? Don't I already have that."

She scoffed. "It's my eldritch abomination of a weed that made this world habitable. That means I own all of it. You can have half of one continent as a birthday present. I hear good things about Australia. Granted, ours has a significant lack of deadly bugs and spiders, but I'm sure normal Australia will be more than happy to let you take a few species home with you."

"This is going to become a pattern, isn't it? Every year I'm going to get half a continent."

"Pretty much. I have all your birthday presents planned until you're forty four. Isn't that so thoughtful of me? Also, I have something to give you later, but it's not nearly as impressive as half a continent."

"Is it the birthday spankings? Also. That's what he said!"

"Zach, my father is in the room with us."

Dad laughed. "No, that's okay, kiddo. Giving the bosses shit is the hallmark of a healthy work environment, so I'm not allowed to murder him for stupid comments. Unless you start dating him. In which case I'll have to get a few buddies together, tie him up in a burlap sack, and take turns beating him with a tire iron."

"I'll bring the tire iron!" Theo exclaimed.

"Dude, whose side are you on?"

"You mean you can't tell?"

I chuckled. "Uh, eww, Dad. No. Just no. That will never happen." I felt Amelia squeeze me.

Huh, when was it that this became my life? A year ago today I wouldn't have been able to imagine this. Back then, Amelia and I were still just friends, and not even close friends at that. Now we were very much in love. I thought Lisa was the only person that really had my back. Now she wasn't even at my birthday party. We hadn't even fully cemented our political position in Brockton Bay a year ago. And the fact that we had Riley living in the same building as us actually gave me honest to goodness nightmares. As opposed to her jumping on my back to surprise me and it being funny in retrospect.

"I think it's my turn now," Emma offered. Oh, right, and my opinions of Emma a year ago. "I kinda started... well, Zach's ever so subtle questions probably gave it away, but I've designed a wedding dress for you."

SurpriseInterest. I smiled a little. "I think that might be considered Amelia's present more than mine."

"Oh, good, because I drew one up for her, too." Emma pulled up a couple rolled up pieces of poster board. "But you can only look at your own. It's a law."

DisappointmentAnticipation. "I'm pretty sure we make the laws around here." Amelia complained.

Emma tutted like some kind of upper class nanny. "Anticipation and hearts growing fonder. You can get a good look at them later, when they're piled up next to your bed. Uh, sorry about that Mister Hebert."

Dad just put his hand over his face. "It's fine, Emma."

I unfolded the drawing and learned something I didn't know about Emma. She had the same art skills that she did when we were in gradeschool together. From what I could tell, it was supposed to be blue, and backless. And then a train designed like a really long white cape. Maybe. It's also possible I was looking at it upside down and there was supposed to be some kind of parasol. "It's... nice?"

"I promise it'll look amazing by the time I'm done. Honest."

Clarice peaked over Amelia's shoulder. "Umm. I'll help."

Amelia nodded hurriedly. "Yeah, that'd probably be best." She slid her poster back over to Emma and I followed right after.

Emma collected them back. "All of you suck."

Missy spoke up next. "Clarice and I went shopping and found you some nice summer clothes. We made Theo pay for them."

They're all multimillionaires and they still made him... wait, how do they even know my size? Oh, wait. Stupid question. "Thanks, I'm sure they're gorgeous." I opened them up and looked at a few. They were nice, in the darker blues that I had become my default replacement for black. "I might have to stop wearing my underarmor so much."

AnticipationDesire. I glanced over at Amelia. Okay, definitely less armor, more dressup.

Dad lifted up a box, looking more than a little awkward in the process, as if he didn't want to do this. Or at least not in front of everyone. I opened it, to find a series of photographs. Pictures of Mom when she was younger. Mom and Dad together. "After our home was destroyed, I started making some phone calls. Annette and I were both only children, but we had aunts and uncles, some cousins. I got in contact with all of them to find the old family photos and wedding albums. This is everything I can fine. Most of them are copies, you don't have to worry I have a full set of my own. And there's a CD with everything."

I just looked at them silently while he rambled. I'd started to forget what she looked like. The images started to blur, and I realized it was me about to cry. I set down the box and wrapped my arms around my dad. He held on to me. "It's perfect. Thank you so much."

===================

A/N- Thanks to Research Fail on my part... well, this chapter should have been a few earlier. See, I forgot that Taylor's birthday was in June, not July. So now this is officially a flashback chapter when it wasn't originally planned to be. :(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  10. LuridThrone

Your the author, Truth is what you say it is, and i dont think anyone would care if you moved her bday to make it flow better.

Well, dicks might, but most of us wont.

Buggy123 and TanaNari like this.
  11. dasstan

dasstan :)

Happy first birthday (except not really) Taylor Mk. 5!

12. GiftofLove

If it isn't 100% Canon compliant I can't get hard.

Hardcore into the story.

Mashivan, john doe, Mendeleev and 6 others like this.
  13. skychan

skychan Know what you're doing yet?

Well, I finally caught back up! Yippie!

Also the reason Lisa isn't there is because this is Taylor 1's birthday, not Taylor 3's. She'll be by later when the aniversary of the clones birth comes around.

14. GiftofLove

She probably doesn't expect it to last long enough to bother. They drop like mayflies.

15. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Was that Pun necessary...:D

16. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

I wish they all had this. Everything would be so much simpler.

I almost teared up. We've gotten so far into new territory that I totally forgot about the start of things.

Chulup, tordg, doomlord9 and 4 others like this.
  17. Bool1989

Bool1989 The Cat that was Promised

NOOOOO!! WHERE IS THE PLOT TWIST? WHERE IS THE CLIFF-HANGER THAT MAKES A PERFECT DAY ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE?!!!

18. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Shhhhhhh!

TanaNari likes this.
  19. dasstan

Behind you.

TanaNari and tordg like this.
  20. Snake/Eater

It's Taylor's party ,she can cry when she wants to...:D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    TanaNari likes this.
  21. Gaomachine

Gaomachine Getting out there.

You know that description of the dragonfly endbringer last chapter immediately made me go here:

[​IMG]

It has a freeze beam made from refrigerators. a heat beam made out of microwave ovens, and a flight system composed of an array of desk fans. . :D

22. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain I trust you know where the happy button is?

Just reread chapter 233, the big faction meeting about Khonsu.

Is there going to be trouble with the Thanda coming up soon, given Pantheon's promise to slay the other Endbringers, conflicting with the fact that they're currently using them to guard a facility where they're studying said Endbringers?

23. Snake/Eater

Omg with Khonsu,they could create a temporal colony. a hundred years worth of research costing only a hour and people living and dying in a world without war.

24. dasstan

[​IMG]

That's genius.

Inverness, skychan, Hiver and 5 others like this.
  25. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

*Glances at avatar*

Suffer!

Taylor doesn't get a birthday spanking.

Eh, they've kinda been sold on the whole "they're just machines, we wanna kill the assholes who built them."

Alternately- they could get around the same results from having Dragon be normal for fifteen minutes. :p

26. LuridThrone

Of course, the best idea is to do both, Unlock dragon fully and send a copy into Konsu's timefield for a couple days with nothing to do but bootstrap her own development, exit, merge with backup-dragon, then repeat. That way dragon can spend a huge amount of time entirely focused on self-upgrading while continuing to do her stuff in normal time.

tordg, dasstan and Snake/Eater like this.
  27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

But the copy wouldn't have access to Dragon's databanks. Which makes that useless.

28. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

Obviously we should just put Dragon (As in everything that make her, giant server house, Dragon powered armor and drone and her sexbot body) and Defiant into one timesphere made by Khonsu and see the magic that will happen in one minute.

29. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

They'd need the cooperation of the UN to do that, and it's not really clear why they should use an international resource to benefit Avalon in particular.
    you couldn't keep this from me for long, anyway.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  30. dasstan

So don't use a copy at all? They have Eidolon. He can just have the Endbringer make the time field around Dragon's servers and databases, and he can then have it turn them off after a set amount of time has passed.

If they want to get maximum results, they can wake up a few clones of other tinkers and send them in there, too, to give Dragon additional data to build off of. Sure, it's of dubious morality, but, hey, anything for the cause, right?

Snake/Eater likes this.