1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Chulup

Chulup Know what you're doing yet?

Hmm. Panacea/Vista Conspiracy?

2. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Whoops. Forgot that one.

There's also the (in)famous office orgy scene in P/V Conspiracy.

3. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

I kept wondering why the hell you kept saying NSW instead of NS*F*W...

Kinda disappointed I bothered to find out.

Snake/Eater and Ack like this.
  4. PineTreeq

PineTreeq Know what you're doing yet?

I thought that they were hiding the fact that it was the Yangban that attacked? Weren't they calling it a terrorist organisation?

Divabot, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  5. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

There's more than one emotion manipulating cape on the planet, you know. For that matter, there's more than one biomanipulator.

It's hidden in the same way it was hidden that Pantheon took over Brockton Bay. No one was fooled.

6. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

They didn't even bother digitally editing the report. They just took a pen, scratched out 'CUI' on the printout, and wrote in 'terrorist organization' above it before submitting it to the various interested parties.

7. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Zach: "I'm bio-manipulating all night, every night."

Emma: "Actually, I'm inorganic."

Zach: "Fine, ruin my joke and break my heart."

Emma: "That's basically what I live for now."

8. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain I trust you know where the happy button is?

Fair enough. I was too focused on obvious possibilities; my bad.

9. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Is it wrong for me to want them all working together to truly bring Taylor and Amelia together?

I'm not even sure exactly what I mean by it. I think I mean something though.

10. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Clarice is already on the team.

11. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 385- Theo
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 385- Theo

Doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. As far as first thoughts after a near death experience go, it wasn't that bad. Certainly better than what followed. Where's my shirt? I looked around, noting that my head was resting on Missy's lap while Clarice was next to me on one side, and Amelia was on the other. Huh, never really noticed before, but Amelia's kinda cute from this angle. Oh my god she looks like Kayden. What the fuck's wrong with me?

Distracted by that line of thinking, maybe I could be forgiven for the first words. I looked over at Clarice and smiled. "Guess you were right about not taking anyone up with me."

Missy and Clarice hugged me. They were wearing the generic overlayer that Amelia tended to make for emergency clothing. Oh, right, they were brought up by Zach. Of course they would need a change of clothes.

The sun was just starting to rise, but that meant very little since I had no idea where we crashed or where we set up camp. Given Missy's power it could literally be anywhere on the planet. "So, umm, how long was I out?"

"Around fifteen hours," Missy answered. "You're lucky you made it at all."

I looked over at Amelia, in her armor. "I take it the mission was successful?"

"More or less," Taylor's voice came through my armor. "There's no resistance right now, but I'm sure several of the Yangban are hiding among the civilians, and I can't be sure which are which. It would be a lot easier if I thought to get Chinese into my brain upload."

Amelia sighed. "And we were expecting to only capture a handful of Yangban, maybe some technicians and other skilled labor. People we could either use as a resource or trade back to China for some kind of concession. Instead we're looking at thousands of people, most of them farmers and other laborers. Honestly it's going to take forever to sort through it."

"One hundred and twelve thousand, three hundred and seventy one people in total. Yangban make up around fifty of that. Not including the dead."

I started to sit up, and the girls moved to the sides and gave me a bit of a push on my shoulders, making it easier on me. I didn't need the help, but I appreciated it all the same. Putting the top layer of my armor back on, I read the display highlights. Which consisted of a lot of minor damage throughout the entire suit. "But it's still a win, everyone's okay?"

Zach shrugged. "Well, it's not a loss, but a few million dollars in equipment destroyed and we have Taylor and Vicky sharing space inside Amelia's backpack. So I'mma vote that we've seen more decisive victories."

"Hey, I got maimed by the best!" Victoria insisted. "Turns out I was fighting the guy who managed to kick Lung's ass. And I totally winning that fight until hundreds of Yangban showed up to save him. You guys couldn't have kept that barricade device going for five more minutes? By the way, what are the odds we can keep that guy around for a while. I so deserve a rematch."

Dragon's voice spoke over the coms next. "I'm afraid that won't be possible. Feng Hao did not survive Atropos' attack on the palace. I have made contact with Pakistan's President and informed him of the situation, as well as the United Nations Security Council. Both would like to speak with Gaea and Khepri immediately. I've delayed the UN meeting by requesting they organize the full UN for a proper explanation."

"Understood." Taylor's voice was mechanical, tired. "I have been unable to find the Pakistani colonists. Could you investigate where they might have been taken? Contact China and let them know we're willing to negotiate a transfer of... fuck it, my political bullshit doublethink tolerance is at an all time low right now. Whatever bullshit excuse you need to draw up that lets us trade our captives for the Khyber colonists is fine. Throw China a bone that they don't have to admit they're responsible to sweeten the deal."

"We're just going to let them get away with this!" Vicky exclaimed. "The fuck?!"

Lily sighed. "Black ops mission, we always knew it wasn't going to be a killing blow. But I don't think this can be called them 'getting away' with anything. We've taken their stolen world, and with it all kinds of Tinkertech stuff that probably costs like a billion dollars. Moving over a hundred thousand of their own people like this had be be costly, too. And we killed over half their parahumans, including at least one of which that was Triumvirate tier. And captured a bunch of others. We made them bleed pretty hard today and all of us walked away alive.

"Dammit. I guess you're right. But I'm going on record to say that if they continue being assholes, we take the kid gloves off, shunt right into the palace, and literally shove their heads up their own asses."

"Noted." Taylor responded. "We have some diplomacy shit to take care of. Horus, Osiris, the two of you should be in good condition. You're assigned to sorting our prisoners and doing what medical assistance you need to. Sveta and Boost are on site already along with some of the Dragon's Teeth, so I don't imagine we'll have any short term problems. Everyone else, go home and get some sleep. No excuses, we'll need all of you later."

Amelia spoke up as I started to get to my feet. "Oh, and before I forget. Akaihana was asking about a suit for her to use. Lily, you know her better than I do. Is she trustworthy enough to give a customized set of armor to? We probably need to find some way to thank her after you dropped that guy in her lap like that, one way or another."

"Uh. Umm. I don't know her that well. Well, not really. But we gave Chevalier a suit, and none of us really knew him at the time. So by that standard I don't see why not. And it couldn't hurt to show the Japanese capes that we're willing to help them like we do over in America."

Taylor's voice came over the com. "We have some time before worrying about it anyway. We can probably fish the suits out of the ocean eventually, but they'll need repairs and maybe a few adaptations. Lily, be sure to let Akaihana know we're grateful for her help. Even let her know some of the vague details that we're eventually going to release to the public if she asks. But make sure you get some sleep first."

"Uh, sure, I can do that. Bed first, Akaihana tomorrow." Lily vanished, using her shunt drive.

Huh, why's she acting so weird? No one else seemed to notice, but almost everyone else could barely hold a conversation. Maybe this is just how she gets when she's tired? I stood up, using a bit of the antigrav to lift Missy and Clarice to their feet without any real problems. "Are the two of you okay?"

Missy went to speak, then yawned. Cute. Clarice had a bit more control. "Worn out, that's all. Staying awake twenty plus hours, overtaxing our powers, nothing a good night's sleep won't take care of." It was her turn to yawn. And then mine. They really are contagious. "Don't worry, we'll be fine."

I smiled and kissed Clarice in the forehead, then a quick peck on the lips for Missy. "Well, off to bed with you both. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, Janus is probably already waiting on the other side." Missy agreed. I let them go so they could shunt without accidentally dragging me along.

I looked over at Zach. "So just us guys, huh?"

"Looks like it." There wasn't the usual joking attitude in his voice, not even the attempt at faking it.

"What the fuck happened while I was out?"

"Let's talk on the flight." He lifted off the ground and I followed. Whatever damage happened to my armor didn't seem to be slowing it down any, something I'd have to ask Clarice about later. We went higher than I expected. "This is a major league fuckup. Vicky's acting like it's not a big deal but... Theo. Promise you won't tell anyone about this. It has to stay between us. Even though everyone else here already knows, don't talk to them about either."

If Taylor and everyone already know, then they'll be able to deal with it more than I could. I nodded, and then felt stupid for doing so. He couldn't see me from this angle. "Yeah, I can keep quiet if it's that big a deal."

Zach took a deep breath. "When Vicky was fighting the Yangban. She's acting like she was actually fighting the whole time and it wasn't anything but that. They held her for at least two hours before she was rescued. If they wanted to kill her, she'd be dead right now."

Fuck. She could have fooled me with the way she was acting.

"She... I don't think she fooled any of us. I'm sure Lily and Clarice saw enough of it to actually know what happened or deduce it through powers. The rest of us had to read between the lines, but we're not stupid. They tortured her. Maybe they had some kind of power that forced her into normal state, or maybe they had powers strong enough not to care, but they tortured her from whenever they caught her to when Lily showed up and started killing them."

Oh fuck. I took a slow breath. If Clarice figured out what happened, and of course with her powers and history it would take her all of an eyeblink to do so, then there was no way she'd let this slide. I'd seen it a couple times, when she slipped back into the mentality of Bonesaw. When her friends and family were threatened or hurt. Victoria was something like a surrogate aunt to her. "How... did Clarice take this?"

"Oh, right, forgot to mention Lily and Vicky brought back a prisoner."

Oh fuck. Just when things were starting to get stable. Just when she was starting to get better. Fuck.

"Yeah, exactly. Some impromptu brain surgery using Lily's power and pine needles. Taylor approved, no objections from the peanut gallery. I guess it was necessary. Had to use his shunt drive to get a message back over to the team and maybe Dragon could follow it up by reverse engineering their shunt tech or whatever. The plan worked and the asshole deserved everything they did to him and worse, so I can't say it was wrong. But, well..."

"But I needed to know." This is going to be a big thing with Clarice, and probably Missy. I'll have to talk to them soon.

"Yeah, that."

"Thanks for the heads up."

"We're bros, right? Is how we do."

"No, seriously. It's good to know you were there to look out for them when I couldn't be. Anything you need, just let me know."

"Hey, how about you don't kill me for seeing them both naked, and we'll call it even?"

==============

A/N- Some things no one noticed from the prior chapters (so disappointed by the way). Some other things snuck in to see if you'll notice.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  12. dasstan

dasstan :)

On one hand, this is a good thing, because it limits the total number of powers shared... On the other hand, it also boosts all the remaining parahumans.
    Speaking of Chevalier, now would be a good time to ask him for a favor and use his passenger sight to find the remaining ones. Or just call GU in and let her reap the parahumans.

13. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

Something about this feels... ominous. Amelia mentioning Akaihana so soon seems strange, especially considering how much other stuff there is to worry about right now. Same for Lily's response. it just felt a little bit off.

Yeah, that doesn't make me feel any better. Best case, I'm thinking maybe Lilly is shacking up with Akaihana on the DL. Worst case is something like she's doing it because of a subtle Master effect. Not the first Trump that could mess with people while using their power (i.e. Ingenue).

14. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

remove the "are"

15. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Yep. They totally banged.

I'm gonna guess... repeatedly. Maybe twelve, fourteen straight hours.

Ryan Bazana, Divabot, cosoco and 5 others like this.
  16. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Maybe you should mention Taylor sounds tired/different a few more times :p.

I find it actually really tough to speculate about stuff that is more subtle, even if I notice it. It is too easy to overthink minor details into the ground and go way off target, sort of Tattletale-ish in a way.

Whatevs. I'll just busy myself thinking about the Amelia/Taylor's head/1/3rd-ish Vicky monstrosity currently in existence. Disturbing or erotic? Yes. Also, hilarious.

17. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

Also, Amelia!Taylor wins the most body parts lost in a single incident award for every fanfic ever now. congrats Tananari

18. Hexed999

Hexed999 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Technically she already won that in chapter 160

19. powerofvoid

It already won back when Taylor lost "all of them"

EDIT: Tied for winning. Someone almost certainly wrote a dead end fic before this story started..

Divabot, GiftofLove and TanaNari like this.
  20. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Does the Walking on Corpses Taylor count?

21. powerofvoid

Close enough.

I suppose if we count "lost, regained, and lost again", she probably wins everything short of one of those "infinite loops" things.

Divabot, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  22. Mr. Tebbs

How about just lost and still survived?

23. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Pretty much this. 'Losing limbs' only counts if being cloned isn't the only way to recover from said loss.

The only real thing that beats this would be having her entire body get vaporized while her mind offloads itself to the shard/swarm and she continues on in that fashion as a disembodied consciousness.

24. Mr. Tebbs

so.. basically dragon

25. dasstan

Honestly, that this point we're verging into Ship of Theseus territory. Except instead of planks we have body parts.

Divabot likes this.
  26. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

I thought it was pretty close to being out right stated that Vicky was tortured. It is the CUI after all.

Spent all all that time looking for something deeper.

Although im still concerned about Taylor losing her head. Err willingly shedding her body.

On a related note I remember hearing about a French doctor saying that he was close to performing a human head transplant. And no I don't remember the source.

27. Rentoba

Rentoba Shocked Panda

I don't see how it boosts their remaining capes. The whole Yangban power sharing is done by two capes, one shares all powers at one fiftieth strength and another boosts them in strength back up to something like one sixth strength. Loosing capes simply means less powers to go around, it's not gonna strengthen them in any way.

Buggy123, baabomb, Divabot and 3 others like this.
  28. Ack

Aftermath!Taylor

29. dasstan

Oh, my bad. I thought the power split was more of an even distribution followed by a boosting.
    edit: Ah, nope. I remembered correctly the first time. Zero/Null does a proportional split, while Two boosts.

So, yeah. The ones that survived now have a boost due to not having to share the power however many other ways, plus whatever boost is granted by Two.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    baabomb likes this.
  30. Ack

Okay, given this ...
    Was Vicky lying about this? Because it doesn't match up.
    Torture session or attempt to drag her to a shunt vehicle?

And if they had her captured and in their power, could they not have (with their superior powers) rendered her unconscious, or in some other way prevented her from shorting out the shunt vehicle? Or even, you know, removed her armour?

And what the fuck was the point of the Yangban torturing her for hours anyway? Up until that point, they were doing fucking fantastically. They'd ambushed the invasion team, forced all but two to ditch in the ocean, caused serious wounds to some of them, still had their dimensional barrier up, had disposed of the Pantheon's dimensional barrier, had Vicky down and captured, and were clear to shoot back at Lily (who they knew was vulnerable when she fired). But NOPE, they chose to take a good solid grip on the idiot ball, throw away all their advantage, and torture (and probably do more to) their one captive instead of a) try to take down the orbital cannon that's destroying their emplacements, or b) try to locate and capture the rest of the invasion team, that's wounded and low on capability. Torture. For fucking HOURS. Instead of, you know, winning the fight, or doing something worthwhile. Thus cementing in everyone's mind "The Yangban are beyond redemption. And are mindlessly fucking stupid."