1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

Honestly curious how Lisa is feeling about all this. And what Brian's been up to. Did he participate in the final fight, even?

2. Chulup

Chulup Know what you're doing yet?

Did Vicky accelerated the process? And called it more normal?

Divabot likes this.
  3. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

"Clarice thirty is way too many."

"Well duh. I meant fifteen each."

"I don't want that many!"

"Ok fine, you do five, I'll do the rest."

ShockCantKeepUpVictoryICantWait.

"Clarice!"

4. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wouldn't that just make it take a while? I mean it is just two shards out of a body mass of thousands of not millions. If they decided to cannibalize some shards they took from villains that would provide the materials and they do have the massive solar arrays to collect energy. Sure they can't do it instantly but why not spend some time making copies and just tell them to hold off on resurrecting Taylor and Amelia for a couple months.

Divabot likes this.
  5. GiftofLove

It's a Cauldron Conspiracy.

6. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

It was going to happen eventually.

7. GiftofLove

You get a Guilt Baby! And you get a Guilt Baby! EVERYONE GETS A GUILT BABY!

8. pepperjack

When they grow up, they all form a team and dress like Scion and call themselves the Gilt Babies.

tordg, doomlord9, VaporDeagle and 9 others like this.
  9. dasstan

dasstan :)

Lisa's too busy feeling her new power interaction to care. I think Brian died off panel, from Authorial Neglect.

10. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Couldn't Avalon(the entity) create partition of it's mind that represents the Taylor and Amelia parts of itself then interact with Earth Avalon through two avatars while the main body is out hunting?

Snake/Eater, TanaNari and PineTreeq like this.
  11. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

Presumably they could but theres also the question of why bother? They arnt exactly operating on the human wavelength anymore.

12. dasstan

dasstan :)

Avalon is off in the great wide somewhere, hunting down entities. To leave avatars on Earth, she'd need to cut a chunk of herself off and leave it on a planet. To make them act like Taylor and Amelia, she'd have to leave QA and Shaper, since Amy and Taylor are so smushed into their shards that they aren't themselves without them. If she leaves QA and Shaper, she loses the thing that makes her capable of deception, and there go all the plans to gank the entities.

Also, all her friends are going to become spacesharks, too. She is now operating on a timescale that is measured in the rise and fall of galaxies. She can wait to be reunited.

13. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Nope. The pregnancy was as natural as you're gonna get when both baby and surrogate mom are biologically perfected humans.

The part where Theo refers to Missy and Clarice as his wives in that last timeskip should indicate a fair period of time. Long enough for Clarice to turn 18- so at least the better part of a year on that alone.

A pair that managed to burn through power that was meant to last 600 years in less than five? Yeah. It's gonna take a bit longer than that.

Plus. Their choices are either to use different shards- which wouldn't have the proper imprints and thus STILL wouldn't be Taylor and Amelia. Or this.

Precisely. She did her part as a human. Time to let it rest.

Either that, or she's trying to prevent their daughter's family tree project from becoming complex enough to spontaneously evolve into a new form of life.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  14. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Just like god Avalon intended.

15. fishbait08

fishbait08 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Lots of d'aaw & WAFFs here, well, other than the part where they find that Taylor & Amelia are gone.

Missy, Clarice, & Theo discovering the joys of power interaction bonds, and being quite happy with the result. Sure that they'll be one big happy family, with lots of kids, even if 30 would be a bit much.

Little Princess Taylia Rose(?) ...[however many more middle names she might get because its a royalty thing & to honor other friends & family] Hebert sounds like the cutest little girl other than ones own ever, and sounds like she'll grown up to become an amazing young woman who her parents would be proud of were they to be able to see her. Though is it too early to wonder which of the next generation she'll end up finding her power bond with?

Had kind of figured that Vicky would have been one of the most likely candidates to end up raising little Taylia, though her having her sister's kid does feel like things going full-circle, with a reference to where they started from in an odd sort of way, if not quite in the manner that pre-POD Amy dreamed of.

Also interesting that besides it apparently being quicker to carry Taylia to term naturally rather than growing her to a certain point in a vat, the reason Vicky chose to do things the old-fashioned way was because it felt more human, which Clarice agreed with. Does make one wonder just how many things that they could do with their biotech, but choose not to because it'd somehow feel off or they think would somehow compromise their humanity...

Did feel sad for Lisa during the scene in Eve's bunker, seeing that her best friend (and probably one of the handful of people who really liked her in spite of everything she got up to) was truly gone.

And too bad about Earth Bet, which is now facing ecological collapse- that world just does not get many breaks. Though it would be ironic if the reason behind that was because too many insects got zapped in the Scion battle, but it would have been something that Taylor could have fixed if she were still around.

LOL

Ah, Vicky, finding a way to be both right & wrong about things at the same time

Interesting that they wanted Clarice to be the first one to figure it out- wonder if there was anything else besides the instructions on how to create one baby Taylia

Oh,and Vicky's totally going to do that. Poor Taylia, having her aunt/adoptive mother having fun at her expense.

You really have changed a lot since Amelia decided to pull you from the clutches of the S9, Clarice.

IIRC the last time he was mentioned in the story prior to his shard coming up in the final chapter was something about him getting away from a Pantheon strike team & driving off, and IIRC, a while after that, there was either an author's note or a comment from TanaNari where he said that Brian was basically being stuffed down a convenient plot hole as kind of boring and too tangential to the plot to be worth spending time. As Avalon gave his shard to Becky as a replacement for the powers she lost when all the Cauldron capes had their shards taken away, then presuming he lasted until the Scion battle and survived it, he would have been one of those that Avalon depowered because her Taylia half deemed them unworthy of having powers.

Suppose it'd be something to ask about if we could get questions about the fates of characters that aren't clear from the story & epilogues answered after the last bits go up.

Even if it was practical to grow a couple extra shards without doing destructive space whale stuff or re-purpose a couple existing ones to serve the purpose, its possible that the 'data' that was Taylor & Amelia's identities would have been too heavily altered & intermixed with other stuff by the process of merging with Heiress to form Avalon, followed by all the shard re-absorption & re-distribution to create a copy that was close enough for that, leading to the same issue of that although Taylor & Amelia's bodies could be resurrected, whomever came out of those cloning chambers would be fairly different people because their identities were too mixed up with their pre-merger shards that led Avalon to erase their backup files in the first place

16. Coruscant Knave

I think Lisa is the saddest part about this. As a reader, I can feel closure on the way Amelia and Taylor's stories wrapped up and be okay with their new fate.

To Lisa, though, this is now the second time her best friend has killed herself for the greater good and with her being partially responsible. Being clouded in darkness at that moment is a bit heavy handed maybe. She is fucked in the head and heart even more than usual. She has Becky to carry her through it, but she is not going to be okay for a long time, if ever.

edit: pepperjack: I'm expecting Taylia for a "where are they now"/"state of the multi-verse" thing. But Lisa would be good for that as well.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  17. pepperjack

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a Lisa perspective for the last epilogue.

Edit: Or Rebecca. That could work, too.

18. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Correction: A third generation photocopy of her friend killed herself.

19. LuridThrone

Heh, Im kinda hoping for Empress Taylia

20. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I wanna see Sophia see someone else using her power and have a huge temper tantrum. And no-one notices. :p

21. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

I never got what Grue's purpose in this fic was, apart from suffering for no reason. His team and sister dies, mom gets attacked by a nazi so he just kinda ambles around and despite being hyped up as triumvirate tier and getting a god name like Chernabog the most he does to interrogate Piggeot and hurt nazis . He didn't even get to fight against Scion.when people like Lung and Lustrum did.

22. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I was obligated by the stations of canon. Thought I could make him an interesting counterpoint villain to Pantheon. Eventually decided that idea, much like Brian himself, was boring and poorly designed. And let him run off and hide.

23. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

I always thought that Brain's passenger-induced derangement actually encouraged him to be cowardly, especially after his 2nd trigger. He was always cautious before that (for a parahuman at least), and after he really didn't have a standard parahuman killer instinct at all. With his darkness generation power enabling hiding and escaping I guess it makes a sort of sense.

24. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

Having trouble fitting this chapter into "413 Request Entity Too Large: The request is larger than the server is willing or able to process" ...

Just declare the last epilogue Ch. 418, okay?

25. Coruscant Knave

Baby Fever.

26. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Clarice seems dedicated to making a huge family tree. Which could then be introduced to the Shipping Chart.

And thus we come full circle, shipping the shipping chart.

What I take from this chapter is that Theo is basically the luckiest man alive. But maybe Clarice will calm down after she realizes just how much work delivering a baby really is. Unless she rigs something up. (Who am I kidding, of course she will).

Lisa and Rebecca's new arrangement is interesting. I don't think they were really involved with Taylor and Amelia beyond a professional level; Lisa basically moved on after Taylor-Prime died. I doubt they're doing anything lewd in there, though. The mother/daughter relationship seemed to have been pretty well established.

27. LuridThrone

Sounds Lewd to me!

28. Argentorum

Argentorum Free Cat

So what you're saying is, Amy got to fulfill her incestuous desires post mortem, and impregnated her sister with a space whale.
    Sounds like a Tuesday, for Pantheon anyway.

29. LuridThrone

For us it was Mother's Day.

30. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Especially what with the family tree coating twenty-odd planets...