1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

So I just noticed that TN is one chapter away from 10K likes.

I... think that's probably a big deal?

fireball900 and TanaNari like this.
  2. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

... Can I claim the ice cream I bought earlier was for celebrating this fact?

3. HorizonRunner

If you'll believe me when I claim the same, then sure.

4. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

wait, he's already over nine thousand? huh....you'd think that'd have been pointed out more

5. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

Fanon, I believe. I thought it canon too, but I could not find it, and LacksCreativity said he couldn't when he was rereading Worm to write ACP.
    ...you're talking like this is a TanaNari thing, instead of an incredibly common (albeit out of fashion) style of writing. (TV TROPES WARNING)

Snake/Eater, Varano, daimahou and 2 others like this.
  6. selonianth

Deal.

HorizonRunner and TanaNari like this.
  7. jcogginsa

jcogginsa Versed in the lewd.

Tana, have you considered putting Next and Previous Links in your Updates? Obviously, it'd be a bitch to do it for every chapter, but at least going forward?

nathan, Faraway-R, daimahou and 4 others like this.
  8. selonianth

I don't see the point in bothering unless he did go all the way back.

.... And no I wasn't joking about the ice cream. I have two things of mint chocolate chip.

TanaNari likes this.
  9. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

Can't imagine how he wouldn't be immune though.

I mean if he senses the emotions of others and there's Vicky flicking her aura off and on
    like a kid with a flashlight he would have to sense the shift in others around him.

And if he couldn't no sell that wouldn't he constantly be telling her to chill that shit out?

Alternatively if he couldn't at all how could he stand to be near her? (oh God she played with my head again, gotta tell someone etc etc.)

Not saying I'm right just that him *not* having some resistance would seem to preclude having
    any relationship that wasn't unhealthy as hell.

G23

(Unlike ya know sibling incest which I'm totally cool with. (What? their not blood related ^_^))

10. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

"So why can't we go in that room again?"

"Well, you know how we've got the best biokinetic and the best biotinker in the world, right?"

"Right."

"Well, Taylor was feeling sad about not having Bitch's dogs around anymore, so she got them to make her a new pet."

"Oh god. I'd better go see what monstrosity they've cooked up now."

"No, wait! Don't open that-!"

[​IMG]

(On that note, does anyone know how to upload a WebM?)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Ryuketsu, ArnaudB, tordg and 17 others like this.
  11. alanek

alanek Know what you're doing yet?

Augh! Darn you, i was going to go to bed soon!

Pyro Hawk and TanaNari like this.
  12. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Eep. I was going to go to bed in less then an hour. Now I have to pull an all-nighter.

Pyro Hawk, Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  13. selonianth

... but I want an acromantula too...

TanaNari likes this.
  14. defuse00

defuse00 Getting sticky.

That's just something Vicky has to deal with no matter who it is. Everyone around her is influenced and she just has to get used to it. At least, Dean can warn her if she turns it up too high.

daimahou and TanaNari like this.
  15. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

well, I guess we know who's not a telepath around here.

16. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 197- Trevor
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 197- Trevor

"How's the garden, Mushroom?" I asked Riley casually as I walked in.

"Got a full schedule today," she answered. "We got Battery coming to try out her armor, and then Chevalier will be here for his first series of tests. He's bringing the SEB sample. We... might have to keep Rey away from it." SEB, in this case, was our code for Simurgh's tissue samples, which we were going to replicate if at all possible.

"What for?" I asked. Rey always seemed pretty safe, as far as tinkers went.

"He... mentioned something about trying to clone a fully functioning copy with new instincts bred in to let us control it," she informed me.

"Okay..." Never mind. "Is that even possible?"

"Lisa says it's not," Riley answered. "That the material can't function properly without a core attached. Everyone else decided we weren't going to risk it. Big Sis threatened to tell Rapture about his ideas if he ever so much as thought of it again."

"We'll still be growing the samples, though, correct?" I asked.

She nodded emphatically. "Oh, yes, absolutely! It's an incredible material. We can build zerg armor that's exponentially more durable at a fraction of the weight. They'll even gain partial power resistance if it works like we hope."

"That would be insane," I moved toward where Capacitor was stored. It was mostly my project, after all. The most purely mechanical armor suit aside from Tapestry. My hand trembled a little as I thought of it seeing its first real test drive. It wouldn't be the strongest suit to have come from our combined work, but it was my personal project, and capable of taking Battery from a five or so to an easy eight, probably a nine. "So when's Emma expected, anyway?"

"You got about twenty minutes," Riley let me know as she started putting on her control system for Clarice. "Don't let her exceed quarter power for the first ten minutes, let the biosystems adapt to her power first."

"Got it," I acknowledged. I spent the time waiting scanning through the user notes. I was still reading when Emma arrived. She went yellow-shift as she approached. It was, after all, her most suitable powerset for working with Battery's power.

"So, you're that excited, huh?"

"Just got bored waiting for the eye candy to show up," I retorted. I looked around and feigned disappointment. "Lemme know if you see any." I went back to reading.

"Just for that, I'm hogging all the attention when Chevalier shows up." Emma threatened. "Maybe I'll even take a page out of Narwhal's playbook."

"Subtle," I smirked. "At this rate, it won't be long before you sneak into Zach's bedroom with a bunch of Sabah's best scarves and perform a belly dance to the Legend of Zelda soundtrack. There might also be handcuffs involved."

"Don't see it happening," she sighed. "Vicky came along and blew both me and Crystal out of the water."

"Hard to compete with a shapeshifter."

"Can't even be mad," she didn't bother looking up from the computer. "Vicky's awesome. You should totally seduce her. Then I'll have my opening."

"Don't think it works that way," I pointed out.

"You said it yourself: hard to compete with a shapeshifter."

Assault came with, to no one's surprise. "So, how's life treating you?" he asked me while Battery was busy suiting up. Her default costume couldn't be worn under the armor, and Emma had gone with to help her get it on for the first time. Once she got the hang of it, she wouldn't need any help, but it wasn't able to support the same merging systems that many other armors enjoyed. A limitation thanks to how her power augments worked.

"I really can't complain," I answered.

"Working with all these girls? I wouldn't be able to complain, either," he joked. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Not really," I avoided looking at him. "I don't get noticed much. Curse of the tinker, y'know?"

"Not really," he shrugged. "But don't let it get you down. Girls like brains, especially the smart ones. And tinker girls are wild in the sack."

"Guess whose top of the line A-class battle armor has enhanced hearing!" Battery shouted from the other room.

"Come on, puppy," Assault shouted back. "As long as you girls have been back there? I'm not saying anything you haven't already figured out for yourself."

I felt Capacitor's first test on my skin. Battery's exotic electromagnetism leaving its residue in the air as she moved so fast that she seemingly teleported into the room. "Don't listen to him when it comes to women," she instructed. Then she blinked. "Fuck that's fast."

"Your power disrupts relativity," I informed her. Putting your Passenger high on the list of possible tools that the Entities use for their star drives, I added silently. "Capacitor stores that influence and amplifies it. In addition, it takes the brunt of the stress generated. Meaning that once fully charged you could use your full abilities for extended periods without much more stress than jogging. Although going into redzone will be similarly painful as your natural maximum power output."

"But redzone is a lot stronger than what you can do naturally," Emma added quickly. "If you stay in yellow, you'll have your normal max, but without any of the usual side effects. Plus all the other stuff the suit can do."

"You can probably get away with using your power for field command," I suggested. "Being able to think twenty times faster than a normal person has a lot of potential in letting you emulate a pretty strong thinker power."

"What's the 'Disruptor'?" Battery asked. She must have seen it on the HUD options.

"Your power weaponized," Emma volunteered. "It distorts the flow of time in whatever you shoot. Nothing we can use to accelerate others, at least not without more tinkers to look at our data and figure something out. But it will create chaotic eddies of slowed and sped up time in a small area. Because of how unpredictable the weapon is, we can't create a nonlethal setting. Don't use it unless you're shooting at something you really want dead. Based on our research, it should even hurt Endbringers."

"Not quite Endslayer grade, however," I qualified. No sense in making her take stupid risks.

She looked at Assault and smirked. "Don't worry, it's not an Endbringer I'm going to use this on."

"But Puppy," Assault pouted. "If you do that, then I won't be able to impart my wisdom in understanding women to the boy here," he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Not helping your case, here," Battery pointed out.

"Actually," I argued. "Assault's been a great help to me."

"Told you so," he smirked.

"I mean, if he can find someone, then anyone can."

Battery was obviously thrilled by her suit's capabilities. An overall upgrade to her power on every level, plus enough bells and whistles to make anyone happy. She would be one of the heaviest hitters in New York until we worked out some custom suits for the Adepts, at least. I retreated to my room after a bit, leaving Emma to do the final testing phase. I wasn't needed, and frankly I found Assault annoying. He meant well, I guess, but he was still annoying.

"Hey, Tevor," Victoria caught up to me. "Have a couple minutes?"

"Uh, sure," I agreed. "Chevalier won't be here for a while. What's up? Riley said something about you having upgrade ideas for your armor?"

"No," she answered. "Well, yes, but that's not what I wanted to bring up."

"Okay?" I prompted. Vicky was acting really weird since after her fight with Baal. Then again, she did have to kill someone, I reminded myself. That had to mess with her head.

"So what's the problem?"

"Do you have any plans for Friday?" she asked.

Wait, is she? "Umm, not really," I answered.

"Good, there's a new movie coming out," she started.

Oh god, she is. "Umm, Vicky, it's not that I'm not flattered, but aren't you kinda with Zach or something?"

Her face scunched up in confusion for a second, and then she started laughing. "Oh, oh god," she covered her mouth. "You thought I was asking... no, no. I was trying to hook you up with a friend of mine. Mandy, I'm pretty sure you've met her a couple times."

I knew who she was talking about. Nice girl, if a bit too quiet. She probably would have been a target for bullying, if not for the stories about what happened to Taylor. Not many out there who wanted to risk annoying Khepri, and bullying the shy girl was just begging to earn the personal hate of both girls, so all the students who would otherwise cause trouble were afraid to try. I'm not interested," I informed Vicky.

"What? Why not? You two would make a cute couple," she argued.

"She's not my type," I insisted.

"Don't see why not," Vicky continued. "Sure, she's not a model, but you'll be surprised if you give her a chance."

"Umm, when I say she's not my type, I mean that she and I are more likely to be in competition than date," I offered.

"Competition? For what?" she asked. "Sure, she's smart, but she's not tinker smart."

"No, I mean we're fishing in the same pond," I tried.

"Fishing? Okay, what?"

"Gay," I finally gave up. "I'm gay. As in, not attracted to girls."

She blinked. "Huh."

"Yeah, something like that," I agreed.

"Well," she asked. "I bet I can find you a cute guy, then."

"I'd really rather you didn't," I argued. "I plan on coming out, in costume, after I graduate. I also really don't want people drawing too many lines between my civilian life and my cape life. I already spend too much time around you and Zach at school. So let's just keep it in both closets, okay?"

She shrugged. "Okay, I guess that works," she reluctantly agreed. "Although if you want to throw people off, you might need to find yourself a girl to be your beard. That kid who never dated and then came out as gay after highschool is a clue people will notice."

"You... fuck, you're probably right," I reluctantly agreed.

"I'm always right," Vicky boasted. "Oh, and while I have your attention, I was trying to come up with a belated birthday gift for Zach, and kinda need advice."

=================

A/N- whee, expanding other characters! :p

17. HorizonRunner

Ah good, a non-married male gay character. The final shipping potentiality has been canonized.

Now all that remains are the OT3s...

...and beyond. :eek:

...I really need to get some sleep.

18. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Oh, a chariot interlude nice. I liked the interaction with both Riley and Emma and how Emma is reacting to Victoria's presence and her relationship with Zach(so they SEEM to be an item), the other nice thing was the armor system they came up with for Battery and what it is capable of, a truly dangerous thing...speaking of which nothing for Assault in order to abuse kinetic energy maniplulation ?

So Chariot is gay, eh the bit of him wanting to come out after high school and all made me smile, had a friend named Trevor, guess what he did after high school ? As for Victoria's gift to Zach wonder what THAT will be...Also does Missy know about Trevor ? because after what we learned from her PoV...well you get the idea.

So yeah it was a nice update, now a bit of a Rey PoV maybe, it's been a long time.

19. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

And your reader's minds have never felt more dirty.

Seriously though....I wanna try that shower too, lol; it's like a scene out of MGQ. Though given women's physiological differences to men they'd probably find it a LOT more enjoyable. ;)

Oh and TanaNari....no matter how you deny it, that chapter (and the cliffhanger leading up to it) was one big troll, even if it wasn't intended as such. I'm probably going to spark an argument over the wording of this, but trolling is basically making a post with the main point of it being to spark a reaction/argument from the readers. You do that a lot.

Man I get (extremely) sick for a week or two, and by the time I can concentrate enough to start reading again, I'm 20 pages behind...

20. thatavidreader

thatavidreader Getting out there.

Vicky really has a screw loose if she couldn't pick that up with her thinker power before Trevor actually said something. If she did see that and still attempt the setup date, however, she's an even worse asshole than ever.

21. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i think she knew,she's doing a social climbing...but for what purpose?

Divabot likes this.
  22. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Isn't her power a weakness detector?

If Trevor is comfortable with his sexuality, then it's not a weakness, and her power would tell her that... but not much more, I think.

23. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Dude, cats tounges are fucking rough. I highly doubt someone wants that anywhere near the sensitive area's.

dasstan likes this.
  24. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Oh Vicky. Never change.

Seriously. Last time didn't work out too well.

25. Snake/Eater

She coulda beena playing dumb,but for what goal.

26. edale

There are so many places I could take this reply that would DEFINITELY get me banned on SB, and would probably get me banned on here too, so I'm just gonna reply with "Rule 34," and leave it at that.

27. Stranger-12

Stranger-12 I trust you know where the happy button is?

What scares me is the thought that with Silencio effectively dead, and people being shipped everywhere you look, this story is one of the most likely to get a shipping chart.

28. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Speaking of shipping, I wonder how Crystal feels about Zach and Victoria, we got some hint about how Emma feels in the latest update, so I ask what about Crystal ?

Snake/Eater likes this.
  29. edale

Still 5 pages from catching up, but going to bed. Here's my responses for what I've gotten through so far:

They pulled it off with the finale for Rosanne.

The new Endbringer is...Len?

You'll just have to work really hard at mind-fu**ing us. Something like killing ALL the members of Pantheon off, only to have Riley's automated system clone a new copy of herself and implant the most recent backup, so she can revive everyone else.

Just like Yuel in FFXIII-2/FFXIII-3.

You DO realize this is a Worm fic you're reading, right? If it's more emotionally healthy, obviously they'll do the opposite.

How is Amelia not on this list? The Taylia bond WAS active for the mission after-all.

The Endbringers already have this order. Read the bit from Simurgh's PoV again.

30. Snake/Eater

Amelia has rosy Glasses when it comes to Taylor.she feels Taylor's emotions. So she might interpret what happened in a way that makes sense to her.disgust,regret rage and determinion...hmmm.

TanaNari likes this.