• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
Chapter 270
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 270


Rami (Lawrence) was a popular senior who had recently graduated from high school. He was forced to participate in a town event where he met Jam. Rami fell in love with her, but he soon realized that Jam was seriously ill and her memory was fragile. Yet instead of losing hope, Rami continued loving Jam and recorded their everyday interactions so she wouldn't forget him.

Even as Jam's health declined, Rami's love remained strong. It was a bittersweet movie, as Jam died in the end.

.........

......

...

The audience left the theater completely in tears. The movie was heartbreaking, but they loved it. They once again fell in love with Lawrence's performance. His role in the movie was that of a dedicated man who kept loving a woman with a short life ahead of her.

"I wish I had someone like Rami in my life! Gosh, Lawrence, you're so attractive!"

A woman cried in front of the reporter while being interviewed about the movie. She sniffed and wiped her tears with difficulty, the movie had affected her deeply.

She wasn't the only one, many female audience members were in tears after watching the movie. It was such a sweet film, but the ending crushed their hearts. They asked themselves why Rami and Jam didn't get a happy ending, why!?

The situation was almost identical to Passionate Island, the movie that had made Lawrence a superstar.

Romance movies generally had a weaker box office appeal compared to other genres, such as action and fantasy. Whiner Bruh wasn't hoping for anything massive. As the investor and distributor of Walk and Remember, they didn't expect a huge return like half a billion dollars.

They admitted that Lawrence was good at acting in romance movies, but the genre itself was a limitation. At best, Whiner Bruh hoped the movie would gross $15 million on its opening weekend.

They underestimated Lawrence, and they also underestimated the director and the author who had created another masterpiece.

From March 7 to March 9, Walk and Remember grossed over $31 million, doubling the expected amount Whiner Bruh had hoped for. In just three days, the box office had surpassed the $25 million production cost of the movie.

As soon as the weekend box office figures were released, Whiner Bruh realized they needed to promote the movie with even more energy.

Lawrence and the cast of Walk and Remember attended numerous shows to promote the film. Lawrence even guested on Morning with Kimberly... He maintained professional behavior, but he was cold and nonchalant whenever the cameras were off. He made it clear that he didn't like the morning show, which was completely different from when Jennifer was still the host and Lawrence had been interactive.

Walk and Remember once again proved that Lawrence was a superstar.

After 10 days of screening, Walk and Remember had grossed $61 million. For the record, the budget for Walk and Remember was $25 million, with Lawrence taking $15 million of that amount as his salary.

Lawrence's compensation was $15 million plus a 12% share of the worldwide box office. Aside from Whiner Bruh, Lawrence was the biggest winner.

Everyone thought the movie's momentum would go downhill after that, but films like Walk and Remember generated strong word-of-mouth appeal, and the reactions of moviegoers were long-lasting. They recommended the movie to their friends and relatives, wanting them to experience a masterpiece.

In just 30 days, the movie grossed $109 million at the North American box office alone, while the international box office was still being calculated.

Once again, everyone in Hollywood expected the film to cool down after reigning as the box office champion for a month...

However, by July, five months after the release of Walk and Remember, the movie surpassed $500 million at the worldwide box office. Hollywood was stunned, as no one expected a romance film to become one of the highest-grossing movies of 2001.

Every major studio studied the film, and they all reached a single conclusion: Lawrence Terrence was the single biggest factor behind the movie's massive success.

First, Lawrence was already a superstar with immense box office draw, having gathered a massive global fanbase. His fans would buy tickets simply to see him on screen.

Second, Lawrence's performance was so compelling and emotional that it struck a chord with viewers and left a lasting impression.

The third factor was the story, it was a gut-wrenching tale executed perfectly, especially with Lawrence in the lead role.

They had found the perfect formula for a blockbuster. Even Whiner Bruh felt that their decision to cast Lawrence was well worth it. Most of the budget might have gone toward Lawrence's fee, but it was worth every penny considering the movie grossed half a billion. They did admit, however, that Lawrence was a bit eccentric on set because he loved bossing people around and commanding attention.

Well, Lawrence had earned the right to be arrogant and eccentric, he was just that good, so studios simply overlooked his flaws.

Other studios took note of this phenomenon, becoming eager to cast Lawrence in another heavy-themed romance movie in hopes of turning a similar profit.

Lawrence had once again proven his worth in Hollywood.

.........

......

...

Yet even as Lawrence celebrated another major milestone in his filmography, bad news hit him like a freight train.

His talent agent, the very person who had helped him reach the top, had decided to resign from ANT.

This meant Collin would no longer be part of his journey. It wasn't just Lawrence, either. Axel, Jennifer, Wyatt, and Princess Chantal were all struck by the shocking news, completely unsure of what to do.

Collin had contacted them to explain that August would be his last month at ANT, and that he planned to transfer their contracts to other agents.

[Thank you for reading this novel.]
 
Chapter 271 New
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 271


Two months before Collin made the decision to resign...

The news of Apex Network Talent being sold spread further, and the employees talked about it in secret. There was no official announcement, but it was confirmed that Elijah Edward had sold the company to another organization.

An emergency shareholders' meeting was called as a result. Collin and the other executives were present, sitting stiffly around the long table. Most of them were nervous, uncertain about the future of the company now that a new entity had acquired it.

Apex Network Talent was making great strides in the entertainment industry, particularly in its film department. Any decision made by the new boss could impact their positions in many ways, whether positively or negatively.

Even Arnold was wiping his face every other minute, his handkerchief already damp with sweat.

Salvador was present as well. He occasionally glared at Collin with resentment, but he maintained his calm and remained silent. He had already accepted that Shawn's career was over, especially with him rotting in jail. As for exacting revenge against Collin and Jennifer, only Salvador knew the answer.

Lila was also in the meeting. She felt a touch of melancholy, but a text message she received brought a smile to her face as she read it. Fortunately, Lila had learned about the acquisition months ago, giving her time to prepare herself emotionally.

If anyone was exceptionally nervous, it was Claude. He was the President of Talent Management and Representation and had held the position for decades, a throne he protected fiercely. However, he was getting old, and his position was in danger.

He loved the authority and power he possessed, even clinging to it, but he was helpless against a larger organization. He lacked the means to resist higher authority and could do nothing but accept whatever decision was made. His fingers tightened on his chair.

The executives murmured quietly, discussing the meeting and fearing the impending changes.

Suddenly, the door of the conference room opened, and everyone turned to look.

A small group of people entered the room. Some executives swallowed hard as they waited for the announcement.

No one recognized these newcomers, but based on their confidence and demeanor, they were likely the new owners of ANT.

A woman stepped forward to face the table, drawing the gaze of all the executives. She was followed by four men carrying briefcases, two appeared to be lawyers, while the other two were accountants.

"I'm Cherilyn, the representative from General Group, and I will be facilitating this emergency meeting."

She turned to her entourage, and the men opened their briefcases to distribute documents to the executives.

The talent agents began whispering among themselves, knowing that change was now inevitable.

"General Group? Isn't that a private equity firm?"

General Group was similar to Blackstone Corporation, a private equity firm that bought companies to turn a profit.

'I thought it would be the Wallmart family or the Blackstone Corporation. I guess General Group offered a higher price, which led Elijah to sell ANT to them,' Lila thought.

"With the authority granted to me by the new owner of ANT, I hereby announce a change in management."

'As expected... I'm doomed.' Claude closed his eyes, gritting his teeth. Despite his age, he couldn't bring himself to let go of his position, the power was addictive.

"General Group recognizes that Lila Seraphina has brought improvement to the company, but her presence is no longer acceptable. She is terminated from her position, though she will receive three years' worth of severance pay, a performance bonus, and her stock shares will be bought out at 25% above the market rate."

When Cherilyn announced this, the entire conference room fell silent. The first target had been removed.

"Are there any questions? What about you, Miss Lila Seraphina? Do you have anything to say?"

"I accept the decision," Lila said calmly.

Collin was about to stand up, but his phone vibrated. He opened it and saw a text from Lila.

-- Don't do anything stupid, please.

Collin's eyes trembled, and he chose to remain seated. Everyone in the room understood that the decision was final. Someone like Lila, brought in by Elijah Edward, was not welcome under ANT's new ownership.

"Second, for the time being, Mr. Claude will assume Lila's position and become the CEO of Apex Network Talent. Mr. Salvador will step up as the President of Talent Management and Representation while Mr. Claude serves as CEO."

Both Claude and Salvador were stunned by the announcement. Salvador couldn't believe he didn't have to fight for voting power, he had secured the position just like that.

Claude was equally thrilled to receive a promotion instead. Though temporary, the role could become permanent if he proved himself. He had known his days at ANT were numbered, and becoming CEO was his only lifeline.

"We will do our utmost best!"

Claude and Salvador stood up and pledged their commitment to Cherilyn. The woman nodded and dismissed the meeting.

"That is all for now. Aside from Miss Lila Seraphina, everyone may leave."

The executives quickly exited, eager to escape the heavy atmosphere.

Lila had already come to terms with the fact that she wouldn't remain CEO of ANT. Still, before signing the non-disclosure agreement and other contracts, she consulted her lawyers.

When Lila finally stepped out of the office, she looked exhausted. She took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh.

"Did you wait for me?" she asked, turning to Collin, who was standing a short distance down the hallway.

"Yes."

Lila chuckled and walked toward Collin... She wanted to hug him, but she knew they were in the hallway where employees might see them.

She simply stood there in front of him.

It was Collin who made the first move, drawing her into an embrace.

[Thank you for reading this novel.]
 
Chapter 272 New
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 272


"What are you doing?"

"I'm comforting you." His arms tightened slightly around her.

"You..." She smiled weakly, her expression easing up. She was happy and relieved now that Collin was here.

"You should have let me defend you. I didn't like that they announced your resignation in front of all the shareholders. It would have been better if they did it privately." He was mad that Lila was disrespected like that. If not for the message she sent, Collin would have confronted Cherilyn.

"They probably did that to show authority and assert dominance. They wanted the executives to fear them, and it worked," Lila calmly answered. Her fingers curled into his tuxedo, seeking reassurance and comfort. At this point, she didn't care if other people saw them hugging.

"Still..."

"Collin, you should know better. You have to protect your career..." She paused, her blue eyes trembling. "You won't break up with me now that I'm useless, right?" That thought immediately popped into her mind, and she became afraid, her grip unconsciously tightened. She was being emotional and vulnerable right now.

"What are you talking about? Do you think I only like you because of your position?" Collin was offended by the accusation.

"Well..."

Collin didn't let her speak, choosing to act instead. He sealed her lips with a passionate kiss that left Lila heart-struck.

"... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

After a breathless kiss, Lila realized her mistake. Collin patted her back and told her he didn't mind. He was just worried about her, he didn't want to see her sad.

"Thanks, Collin."

"Lila, I actually have a plan... Can you please listen to me?" This time, Collin became serious.

.........

......

...

Weeks passed, and the management gradually adjusted to the changes as their shock slowly faded. They were still not used to calling Claude the CEO and Salvador the President, but they had to accept the reality and move on.

Lila sold her shares entirely because she wanted to leave everything behind, she was done with ANT. With all the shares and benefits she received, Lila walked away with $141 million, a staggering amount that symbolized her worth as the CEO who had turned ANT around.

As for Collin... His situation in the company deteriorated now that Claude and Salvador were the bosses. He was being targeted, or rather, his clients were being targeted. He realized he was tired of working under someone else. If he had to leave everything behind and start over, he would do it. The idea was no longer frightening.

Things were far from simple. Now that Lila was gone, no one could protect Collin from the bad intentions of others. He admitted it: Lila had protected him all the time, and Collin was extremely grateful for it. He truly loved her so much... Ahem.

The biggest threat came from Salvador and Claude. For some unknown reason, the two had decided to join forces, forming an alliance to protect their own interests. After what happened with Shawn, Salvador treated Collin as his worst enemy, putting his friction with Claude on hold for the time being.

Their targets were Collin's clients. They wanted to transfer their contracts to other agents, leaving Collin with nothing, effectively destroying his career and kicking him out of the shareholders' circle.

Naturally, the other executives were also interested in Collin's clients. They were all profitable, except for Jennifer, who faced an uncertain future after her scandal. If Claude and Salvador successfully won this battle, the other executives would get a piece of the pie. The Music Department would finally get Princess Chantal, while the Film Department would take Wyatt, Lawrence, and Axel. They didn't care much about Jennifer.

Speaking of Jennifer, the excuse Salvador used to transfer Collin's clients was Collin's failure to protect her. Salvador claimed that Jennifer's career was destroyed because Collin fucked up, so he had to take responsibility for his mistake. Salvador added that Collin should transfer his other clients' contracts because his performance as a talent agent was destructive to their careers.

It was deeply ironic, considering the biggest reason Jennifer lost her job was none other than Shawn, Salvador's client. Yet Salvador had the audacity to blame Collin.

Talent agents were truly shameless people.

As for the other executives, they agreed with Salvador and acted as though Shawn was not part of the reason Jennifer lost her hosting job.

They simply wanted to acquire Collin's clients, who were massive money makers.

'I already expected it.'

Collin smiled faintly. He was done with corporate politics, this was too much for him to handle. Surprisingly, he felt nothing about it, no sadness, no anger, not even frustration.

Back when Gabriella had offered him a chance to work under her agency, Collin had already considered leaving ANT.

This company had brought him so many good things. It was the place that helped him change his life for the better. But he also knew that ANT was a toxic workplace for someone as talented as him, full of people who were jealous of his success and constantly schemed to destroy him.

'I guess it's time to contact my clients.' Collin was about to grab his phone when his secretary informed him that Arnold wanted to talk to him.

"Let him in."

Just like Collin, Arnold was not in a good position. He could protect his clients in the film industry since he wasn't the target of this attack, but Arnold knew that Pulse Static would be separated from him moving forward.

Arnold had heard about the plans Claude and Salvador intended to execute.

"They want to reshuffle our clients," Arnold said to Collin.

Moving forward, a client from the music industry could only be handled by a talent agent from that same industry to maximize efficiency. Aside from that, they wanted clients like Princess Chantal and Pulse Static handed over to someone in the music department... It was a defeat.

Arnold sighed and sat down.

"Collin, are you okay?"

"You're worried about me?" Collin teased.

"Bro, this is not the time to joke around. You have it way worse. I can protect Tom, Jolyne, and Brody since they're in the film industry, but I have to let Pulse Static go... But you? They want to take everything from you and leave you with nothing."

"Even Jennifer?"

"I guess so."

[Thank you for reading this novel.]
 
Chapter 273 New
[Since my other novel reached 200th chapter, I decided to offer a 50% discount on my Patreon. If you're interested in reading more chapters of this novel, including the smut chapter, you can check out my Patreon. The discount will end in 10 days.]

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/Puji_makii

Behind The Spotlight Chapter 273


The two men fell silent. This was truly a disaster for them. They had worked hard for their clients and helped them reach success, yet the company decided to sabotage them. It was painful to accept.

"Arnold, I can trust you, right?"

"What, do you have something in mind? I want to hear it. Don't worry, they'd have to grab me by the balls before I snitch."

"Why do you have to be so specific? Who cares about your balls?" Collin asked, disgusted.

"I do. So, what's your plan?" Arnold leaned closer.

"I'm starting my own agency."

"... Collin, are you serious?" Arnold was shocked. "Starting your own agency isn't that simple. Investment aside, are you even confident in managing a company? You don't have any experience at all."

"That's why I have Lila to help me."

"Don't tell me..."

"Yes, she has already registered the company in Delaware. I'm serious about this."

"That fast!? You already have a company?"

"Yeah, I'm just finalizing the paperwork."

"But I thought Lila wasn't allowed to work for a rival company or something?"

"She didn't sign that non-compete. Come on, she has tons of lawyers to help her spot traps on paper."

"And they just let her go like that?"

"She's Elijah Edward's daughter, there's nothing they can do to her."

"I guess so... But what about you?"

"I'll hire a lawyer to help me too. If I can't break it cleanly, I'll just pay the damages for breach of contract. How much could it be anyway, $3 million?"

For the record, $3 million was a lot of money. However, it was an amount Collin was prepared to part with if necessary.

"So, what about it?"

"..." Arnold fell silent.

Lila had been the CEO of ANT for years and possessed solid experience managing a company. She also had a vast network in Hollywood. Arnold had full confidence in her.

"What about you? What are you going to do?" Arnold asked.

"Honestly, I'm tired of being hands-on. I prefer to just find talented people and let others manage them. I think that's a better fit. Being the President of Talent Management and Representation suits me well."

Arnold thought about it. He, too, believed in Collin's talent-scouting abilities, the man had proven himself time and again.

"Wait a minute. If you're going to be the President of Talent Management and Representation, what about Lila? What's her position going to be?"

"Either CEO or General Manager."

"This guy... Why don't you become the CEO while Lila serves as the President of Talent Management and Representation? The exact titles don't really matter for you two. Lila will manage the company as President, while you discover talent as the CEO."

"Yeah, that could work. No wonder Lila didn't agree to my decision to be President of Talent Management and Representation right away," Collin admitted.

"She was probably waiting for the right time to convince you to change your mind," Arnold added. "So how did you split the ownership? Is it 50-50? Am I allowed to invest?"

"The money's all on me. I'm taking a gamble that I'm confident I'm going to win. As for the equity, I actually offered Lila 50% of the company shares, but she was mad about it."

The couple had argued about it in Lila's office. Lila was too deeply in love to let Collin give her 50%, and Collin felt the exact same way... He was only convinced to lower her share when Lila undressed and they had snu snu.

After a naked negotiation, terms were finalized in a 75-25 split, with Collin holding the larger share, and that was Collin doing his best to settle for less. If Lila had pushed any harder, the negotiation might have ended up at 90-10.

It was a very strange negotiation: instead of fighting for more, they were fighting for fewer benefits. Was love truly that powerful that people would sacrifice everything to make their loved ones happy?

And yes, Collin was frustrated that he ended up with more. In his opinion, someone like Lila, who would be managing the company, deserved a larger stake. He wasn't a greedy man and wanted only the best for the people he cared about.

"A 75-25 split?" Arnold clarified.

"Yeah," Collin said, gritting his teeth.

"Why are you looking so sad, then?"

"You're not in my position, so you wouldn't understand. Anyway, are you in or not? Lila and I talked about it, and we're comfortable offering you 3% of the shares. We need someone we can trust."

"Now I'm flattered."

"So, what's your answer?"

Arnold swallowed hard. Now that Collin had laid out his cards, it meant he was leaving ANT completely to start fresh.

"What about your clients? What are you going to tell them?"

"Hey, you're dodging my question."

"I'll answer yours once you answer mine."

"This guy... I'm going to contact my clients and tell them the truth."

"Are you going to invite them to switch agencies?"

"... I won't force them. I'll tell them the truth, but I won't pressure them to follow me."

"But why!?" Arnold was shocked, his voice rising slightly.

"They already have established careers, and switching agencies can disrupt that. Breaking their current contracts could cost them a fortune. I'm confident in myself and the future of my company, but there's a small chance I could fail, and I don't want to drag them down with me."

Even though Collin was preparing to resign, he still put his clients' best interests first. He was a true talent agent.

"So, now that I've answered your question, are you in or not?"

"..."

Arnold knew that once Collin left ANT, Claude and Salvador would target him and potentially steal Tom and Brody from his lineup... Before that could happen, Arnold had to fight back in his own way.

"I'm in... But 3% of the company shares? I think I'm worth more than that. How about 10%?"

Collin chuckled, he knew Arnold would ask for more. That was precisely why he had offered 3% first, knowing Arnold would try to negotiate.
 
Chapter 274 New
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 274


"I'm going to resign."

Collin dropped that announcement, and the whole place fell silent. Only a few people were in the room, holding their preferred choice of alcohol, thinking today was a celebration.

Lawrence's movie was currently the highest-grossing film of 2001, and he had brought an expensive bottle of champagne to warm up the small gathering. They rarely had time to party together, and he cherished this moment.

Yet Lawrence was met with a grim announcement from Collin.

"Collin, what are you talking about?" Wyatt frowned. His fiancée stood next to him, comforting him and reminding him to calm down.

"As you can see, ANT was acquired by General Group, and now I'm in a pinch. I offended someone in management, and I'm going to lose all of you," Collin explained, laying everything out. At this point, there was no reason to hide it.

Most of them had heard about ANT's new owners, but they hadn't expected to be impacted this severely.

"Management will transfer your contracts to other talent agents."

"We won't agree to that, right, everyone?" Axel looked around at the others, and they all nodded in agreement. Collin had done an exceptional job, and they didn't want a different agent handling them. Why bother building a new relationship with someone else when Collin was already perfect for them?

"Of course! I don't agree with this at all," Princess Chantal raised her voice... She was a bit tipsy, having already drunk quite a bit. She had just wrapped up her concert tour in Asia, and while there, she discovered the appeal of alcohol and became quite dependent on it... Fortunately, she hadn't turned to drugs that much, most famous music artists usually succumbed to substances.

"I don't agree either. I won't change my agent," Lawrence replied, and the others shared the exact same sentiment.

"You guys are right. If you don't agree, they'll have a hard time transferring your contracts to other agents. You have the final say... But I have to apologize. I'm tired." Collin offered a bitter smile, letting his true emotions show.

"I'm tired of constantly guarding myself against their tricks and schemes. I'm tired of being targeted. You probably have an idea, but you guys are the cream of the crop. Many agents wanted to take you away from me because you are all super talented. I'm proud of you, and I'm happy to be your agent. But I can't endure all this politics and backstabbing anymore. I want to leave ANT."

Throughout his time working at ANT, Collin's greatest stress hadn't come from any scandals involving his clients, it had been caused by company politics.

"But you promised me I would make a comeback. Was all of that a lie?" Out of everyone in the room, Jennifer was the most emotional. Her career was faltering, and Collin was the only one who could save her.

If Collin resigned, Jennifer's career was basically over.

"I'll keep my promise. You will soar once again."

"How?"

"I started my own talent agency."

"..."

This time, silence fell over the room for a completely different reason. They all stared at Collin, whose green-brown eyes burned with determination.

"I started my own talent agency, and I want to invite all of you. Of course, I won't force you if you don't want to come. However, my decision is final. Please forgive me for my actions." Collin bowed his head slightly.

"Collin... Are you sure about this?"

"I am."

Technically, what Collin was doing right now was a breach of contract. Soliciting his clients to switch agencies while still employed by ANT was grounds for a lawsuit.

However, Collin trusted his clients. They wouldn't do anything to harm him, they owed him too much.

Once he left ANT, it would be difficult to reach out to them again, making this his only opportunity to state his intentions.

"Of course, I'm not forcing you to leave right away. You're all under contract, and a breach of contract could cost millions, which I don't recommend. All I hope is that when your contracts expire, you'll think of me and remember all the great things I've done... Maybe that will convince you to switch agencies."

"I'm in," Jennifer answered immediately, gulping a shot of vodka.

"My contract ends in two months... Now that I think about it, is this why you didn't want me to renew?" Jennifer asked Collin.

"That's right," he confirmed.

"You fucking bastard... I had a hard time sleeping because of you! I thought you were going to drop me once my contract expired," Jennifer cursed, her emotions running high.

"I'm sorry I could only explain it today."

"So, what about you guys?" Jennifer turned to the others.

"My contract ends next year in February," Axel said. Collin was the sole reason he had reached his current status, and he had no intention of leaving him behind.

"Mine ends in April," Wyatt chimed in. Truthfully, Wyatt didn't care which agency he was signed to, he had always been Collin's client, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"... My contract doesn't end for two years." Princess Chantal was so devastated by the news that tears began streaming down her face. Isabella moved to comfort her.

"How much would I have to pay for a breach of contract?" After a brief moment of emotional overwhelm, Princess Chantal asked the question.

"... For a pop star of your caliber, at least $10 million."

Princess Chantal's profitability was extremely high, and ANT made a fortune representing her. If she chose to terminate her contract early, she would have to pay at least $10 million based on 30 to 60 percent of projected financial losses.

ANT took its contracts very seriously. Even though their agreements were strict, many talent prospects signed with the agency because ANT delivered results, providing them with unparalleled career opportunities.

In the eyes of the public, Collin's clients had no logical reason to leave ANT, given the agency's solid performance and stellar reputation.

Because of this, contract breaches were extremely rare and rarely worth the cost, unless an extraordinary situation occurred.


[Thank you for reading this novel.]
 
Chapter 275 New
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 275


Most of the clients showed a clear intention of jumping to Collin's agency once their contracts ended, except for one.

Suddenly, everyone turned to Lawrence, the last client who hadn't answered.

The actor chuckled.

"You probably already know my answer. Of course, I'll follow Collin. But my contract won't end for another 2 years and 7 months, so I'll probably have to wait a long time."

Collin was the person who had discovered him and offered him a contract. That day marked the beginning of his success, and Lawrence had no reason to ignore everything Collin had done for him.

"We will wait for you," Collin said.

"I'll hold you to that promise," Lawrence grinned.

Two years and seven months was quite a long time... It remained a mystery whether Lawrence would keep his promise or not. After all, a lot could change in that time.

Princess Chantal and the others were in a similar situation. What if most of them changed their minds and decided to stay with ANT? What then?

Well, promises were promises until they were fulfilled.

People could change, and no one could guarantee what the future held. For now, the group decided to enjoy themselves and celebrate their success.

"So, what's the name of the agency?"

"It's called Golden Spotlight Group. If you sign, we'll lower our commission rate to 7%," Collin answered.

.........

......

...

A month later.

It was Collin's final day at Apex Network Talent.

He had wrapped up his remaining tasks and completed everything before leaving his office.

"Sir, have a safe trip," Lucia Sarah, a woman in her 40s who had been Collin's secretary for years, bid him farewell.

Collin chuckled.

"Lucia, don't be like that. We're going to see each other tomorrow too."

Just like Collin, today was also Lucia Sarah's last day at ANT. She only had to compile a few final documents and hand over the office keys to management before taking her leave.

"Yes, sir. Have a safe trip."

"You too."

Collin waved and stepped into the elevator. This would likely be the last time he used it.

Inside, he found another person. It was Claude, the new CEO of Apex Network Talent.

"Claude. You're taking the elevator?"

"I didn't expect to run into you today, Collin. Yes, I'm taking the elevator. Let's head down together."

"Alright."

The elevator doors closed again.

"Was my offer not enough to convince you to stay?" Claude asked.

A month ago, when Collin handed in his resignation, the CEO was blindsided. He knew Collin was too valuable a talent to lose, so he had offered him with at least a 2% equity stake in the company for him to stay.

However, Collin had declined.

"What you offered was just empty promises. At the end of the day, you need General Group's approval to grant me that 2% share."

"And I'm confident they would have agreed."

"Perhaps yes, perhaps not."

"Is this because of what Salvador is doing? I already promised you that he wouldn't succeed."

Claude was actually opposed to the idea of transferring Collin's clients to other talent agents. Now that he was CEO, what he wanted most was stability.

However, he couldn't confront Salvador directly because he was still consolidating his own power.

Salvador had been promoted by General Group, leaving Claude powerless to intervene. Hence, the awkward situation for Collin and Arnold.

"... You're not going to poach your clients, right? You know soliciting them violates your contract, and we can sue you."

"As if," Collin lied with a straight face.

"My clients are free to make their own decisions," he added.

"..." Claude sighed. He recalled what happened when Collin brought his legal team for the NDA signing. Claude had been stunned to realize the attorneys who showed up were the exact same team that represented Lila when she stepped down.

Just like before, a brutal back-and-forth ensued. Collin remained silent, letting his lawyers handle the heavy lifting. In the end, Collin walked away without signing a non-compete clause. That was the moment Claude realized Collin's true intentions.

That day, Collin walked away with roughly $25 million after the company bought back his shares, a sum that also included his severance pay.

'I wonder which agency he'll move to. Perhaps AAC.'

At this point, only AAC could rival ANT in terms of industry performance and status. Claude was convinced Collin would end up there.

"I have one last question."

"As long as I can answer it."

"Are you and Lila dating?"

Claude had heard rumors that Collin and Lila were seen hugging in the hallway, as well as whispers that Collin visited Lila's office nearly every day.

"Yes, and I'm lucky to be dating someone like her."

"I see." The elevator doors slid open.

"See you around, Claude."

Collin stepped out of the elevator.

"I suppose so." Claude sighed... He felt a twinge of regret watching Collin walk away. Collin was exceptional at his job, and as CEO, Claude needed people like him to keep the company profitable.

"Take care of my clients," Collin added over his shoulder.

"They are in good hands," Claude promised.

The moment Collin submitted his resignation, dozens of talent agents made their moves to claim his roster.

However, all of Collin's clients were superstars who possessed enough leverage to choose their own representatives.

Collin had provided his clients with a list of trusted agents. Those agents were now reaching out to their targets in hopes of winning them over.

As for what would happen next, Collin had no idea. He chose to trust his clients instead, confident they would thrive no matter who managed them.

Claude watched Collin walk away, sensing that the man was finally free from his shackles.

"Let's hope this doesn't get any worse," the CEO muttered to himself.

Unfortunately for Claude, Arnold was about to file his resignation as well... and the legal team he hired happened to be the exact same one representing Collin and Lila. It was bound to be another head-splitting situation.

[Thank you for reading this novel.]
 
Chapter 276 New
Behind The Spotlight Chapter 276


On the same day, Collin went to visit his new company. He first picked up his sports car, which was parked in ANT's lot.

Some talent agents preferred to be low-key, and Collin was that type of person. He never liked bragging about his possessions, but he also acknowledged that appearance and status were important when convincing people.

Today, he wanted to look good in front of his employees, so the sports car was necessary... even though the car was actually a gift from Princess Chantal. Collin didn't particularly enjoy buying cars himself.

It had been about two months since Collin asked Lila to start the company and recruit employees. Collin couldn't visit the premises while still under contract, so all he could do was ask Lila about its progress while they were cuddling...

Eventually, the car reached the building housing the Golden Spotlight Group. Their office was located in Burbank, near the headquarters of Whiner Bruh and Wash Dismay.

They were renting two floors at the moment, as the company was just a start-up with no active business yet.

Collin drove into the underground parking lot after giving his name to the guard, who checked the logbook and let him in.

He stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the 7th floor. The entire 6th and 7th floors were reserved for Golden Spotlight Group... Collin had to pay half a million dollars annually to rent the two floors. Their lease was for three years, and Collin had to pay the first year upfront as a down payment. On top of that, he was responsible for the renovation costs.

Fortunately, the 6th and 7th floors had been vacated by another company, and most of the existing layout met Lila's criteria. They didn't need a massive overhaul, just a few tweaks here and there.

When the elevator opened on the 7th floor, Collin stepped out. He saw the name "Golden Spotlight Group" mounted on the wall and smiled faintly.

"Um, sir, are you here for a business meeting?" a receptionist with a friendly smile asked curiously. Since the company was a talent agency, she assumed Collin was an actor based on his handsome appearance and deduced that he was applying to join.

"Submitting applications is handled on the 6th floor. You can turn right, and someone there will guide you," the receptionist politely informed him.

"I'm here to see Miss Lila Seraphina. Just tell her Collin East is here."

"Pardon?"

Collin smiled.

"You can check your guest list, my name is on it," he added. He glanced above the receptionist's head and saw yellow words floating in the air. The woman possessed a yellow talent in "Friendly Smile."

"Y-Yes!" The woman stuttered and immediately scanned the log. She apologized profusely as soon as she spotted his name on the guest list, then quickly contacted Lila's secretary to report Mr. East's arrival.

Instead of sending her secretary, Lila came out to meet him herself.

"You're here." She adjusted her glasses, maintaining a poker face, though she was secretly overjoyed.

"Did you miss me?"

"I missed you a lot."

"Alright, let me show you to your office."

"Lead the way."

The receptionist witnessed the entire interaction and didn't know how to react, choosing to keep her head down and blend into the background.

Lila and Collin walked into the CEO's office. After a few naked negotiations, Collin had decided to take on the role of CEO at GSG (Golden Spotlight Group). Lila would serve as the President of Talent Management and Representation, while Arnold would become the Head of the Film Department... though it would take a few days before Arnold could officially join the company.

"Is there anything you dislike? We can contact the contractor to renovate it," Lila offered.

"No, it looks great... So, where's our room?"

When Collin asked, Lila let out a soft cough to compose her expression.

"It's right next to my office. We can rest there whenever we want."

"Oh, so you actually built one?" He teased her, causing Lila to blush.

"It was... just a practical thought. We are both workaholics, so we need a private room to rest."

Collin refrained from teasing her further.

"I like the office. I'm not picky anyway. As long as I can get my work done, I have no complaints, unless you want me to install a bed in here."

"Here is the list of people I hired. Honestly, I don't know what you were thinking when you asked me to recruit these specific individuals, but I assume you have your reasons." Lila transitioned back into full businesswoman mode.

When Collin originally asked her to start the company, he had provided a specific roster of people he wanted to recruit. Lila had been confused, but she hired them anyway, though a few declined because they preferred their current jobs.

'I even hired a homeless man off the street. If not for Collin's information, I never would have located him,' she thought, stealing a glance at Collin's handsome face.

"These are the people I believe will help our company prosper," Collin answered.

"Well, since you're so gifted at discovering talent, I assume you saw something in them."

"That's right."

Collin had been in Los Angeles for many years and had crossed paths with countess people. He had carefully recorded the names, talents, and details of those he believed would be valuable, never expecting he would eventually use that list to hire his own workforce.

Indeed, about 70% of the employees at Golden Spotlight Group possessed yellow or white talents directly suited to their respective roles.

Collin had meticulously planned every single detail, down to the staff recruitment...

"So, what's your next step? We've already posted a open call for clients, and tryouts are scheduled for next week."

"You recruited sports agents, right?"

"Yes, we currently have three talent agents with experience managing athletes."

"That's great. I'm interested in signing a basketball player." Collin leaned back in his chair, which felt quite comfortable. He already had someone specific in mind to recruit.

"Good to hear," Lila nodded, stealing subtle glances at him.

"So, how about we bless my new office with a little love before you introduce me to the staff?"

[Thank you for supporting this novel.]
 
Back
Top